The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 07:14 AM   #301
Spike014
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Whips You Like You Stole Something!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slushy View Post
Whose the best TNA wrestler: AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Robert Roode, or Austin Aries?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slushy View Post

As for replicas, stamped > casted

AJ Styles, although I like all the wrestler's you listed and really enjoying the tag team between Roode/Aries. But to me it is AJ.

Old 05-11-2013, 09:00 AM   #302
The Sage
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Dolph Ziggler was interviewed by WWE.com about his concussion that he suffered at Tuesday's WWE TV tapings. Dolph Noted that he doesn't remember Monday into Tuesday and was diagnosed with retrograde amnesia stemming from the incident.

WWE is working on alternative plans for the World Title match at Extreme Rules in case Ziggler isn't medically cleared. Here is an excerpt from the interview.

“I didn’t even remember Monday until I watched Raw when I got home,” the champion revealed, in reference to the injury, which he sustained when he interfered in a match between Jack Swagger and Big E Langston. “I don’t even remember traveling from Raw to SmackDown. I don’t remember Tuesday. I remember AJ and Big E taking me to the airport on Wednesday morning.”

"I was told I interfered in a match and tried to get my hands on a ladder," said Ziggler, piecing together the timeline. "When I bent over to grab it, Jack Swagger kicked me in the head.”

Happily, Ziggler is on the mend since returning home, and his condition is improving.
"I feel a lot better today," The Showoff told WWE.com of his recovery process. "Yesterday I had a bad headache. Today, I have a slight headache.”

While Ziggler’s suffered concussions before in his career, he said this was by far the worst.

“I didn’t know what day it was; I didn’t know what month it was.” he said. “I’ve had a couple of concussions before and just had a headache. I’ve never not remembered entire days, like someone in a movie.”

- William Regal gave props to the Daniel Bryan vs. Dean Ambrose match that aired on last night's SmackDown:

"Just my opinion but tonight's @TheDeanAmbrose v @WWEDanielBryan bout on Smackdown is what this job is all about."

http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/370238519.php
http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/370283517.php

Old 05-11-2013, 09:05 AM   #303
LuisTX85
Anti-Hero

Damn,Swagger sure kicked hard then!!

Old 05-11-2013, 10:00 AM   #304
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Caught up on Impact, it's pretty much as boring as Raw right now, I've lost interest in Aces & Eights to the point I wish we were just at the point where AJ saves the day and the angle is wrapped up, Sting vs Bully does nothing for me and the return of Abyss was comically bad.

The only real highlight for me was Aries & Roodes vs Bad Influence, I thought all 4 guys and Storm were great, I'm guessing Storm will be getting a tag partner soon, probably Joe.

Also credit to the Knockout's as usual, they had a good match and Gail Kim is turning into '97 Bret Hart with that figure 4 around the ring post when she loses it.

Special credit to Kenny King as well, I thought his promo work with Sabin was really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisTX85 View Post
Anybody think a gay or bi character can work IF booked good?,Characters like Goldust/Rico/Billy&Chuck/Orlando Jordan were all jokes and right now Fandango is a joke and he has feminine mannerisms,It worked for Mickie James But why can't a big tough guy just happen to be gay/bi?

There's serious&strong gay guys in real life including MMA fighters/athletes/actors/military/policemen/fire men/etc and so why not a successful pro wrestler?,They push wrestlers based on race and so why not a non-goofy character that just happens to be into dudes?
Vince is still struggling to accept people with tattoos or from the South, never mind getting his head around sexual orientation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
I mean, the WWE is still at the stage where all overseas foreigners are evil (pretty much, unless you're a giant muscular leprechaun).
And that's only because Vince is one of those Americans that likes to think they are Irish,

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
"I was told I interfered in a match and tried to get my hands on a ladder," said Ziggler, piecing together the timeline. "When I bent over to grab it, Jack Swagger kicked me in the head.”
This is ridiculous, what does Swagger have on Vince? Arrested with drugs, injures the WHC and isn't even friggin over and yet he's still employed.
Quote:
- William Regal gave props to the Daniel Bryan vs. Dean Ambrose match that aired on last night's SmackDown:

"Just my opinion but tonight's @TheDeanAmbrose v @WWEDanielBryan bout on Smackdown is what this job is all about."

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 05-11-2013, 10:23 AM   #305
Trainwreck2100
Side-Kick

Quote:
This is ridiculous, what does Swagger have on Vince? Arrested with drugs, injures the WHC and isn't even friggin over and yet he's still employed.
His gimmick got the wwe free publicity, that's probably it

Old 05-11-2013, 10:24 AM   #306
LuisTX85
Anti-Hero

Not just is Swagger still employed But on the main roster for Raw&Smackdown instead of jobbing exclusively on NXT&Main Event,Yoshi&Kidd deserves way bigger pushes than Swagger!

Old 05-11-2013, 10:42 AM   #307
baby_webhead
Straight Edge

Quote:
Anybody think a gay or bi character can work IF booked good?,Characters like Goldust/Rico/Billy&Chuck/Orlando Jordan were all jokes and right now Fandango is a joke and he has feminine mannerisms,It worked for Mickie James But why can't a big tough guy just happen to be gay/bi?

There's serious&strong gay guys in real life including MMA fighters/athletes/actors/military/policemen/fire men/etc and so why not a successful pro wrestler?,They push wrestlers based on race and so why not a non-goofy character that just happens to be into dudes?
Well they are still stuck on the "most black guys are gangsters" stereotype so I don't think that will happen anytime soon.

Old 05-11-2013, 10:50 AM   #308
UnionJack
In training at MI:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
The etching is deeper, but the art they used to cast it from is just what they used for the original stamped replica, not the real thing. The cast replicas are far more detailed than the original stamped ones, so if you are going to buy a replica I'd recommend the cast ones. Though not the Attitude one, that's one of the worst ones out there. The best replicas out there at the moment are, imo, the Spinner, the New IC, the Big Logo and the New Unified Tag belt. Granted they may not be everyone's cup of tea in terms of the designs, but the quality of the replicas are the best ones out there right now.
For me I want the "Winged Eagle" or "Attitude Era" as those are the belts from my childhood.
So I might hang around until they bring out a new casted version of the WE as for now I can't find it online at all.

http://www.crhodesdesign.com/

Old 05-11-2013, 11:13 AM   #309
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnionJack View Post
For me I want the "Winged Eagle" or "Attitude Era" as those are the belts from my childhood.
So I might hang around until they bring out a new casted version of the WE as for now I can't find it online at all.
The new line of casts are slated for release this summer, so yeah it might be a good idea to wait and see how it turns out, although you'll have to make do with the 'WW' block logo as opposed to the 'WWF' block logo.

You can regularly find the old stamped WE version floating around on eBay. There's a few up on there now, I believe.

Here's one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/wwf-wrestl...item1e7a97839d

Old 05-11-2013, 12:18 PM   #310
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Shame to hear about Ziggler's concussion. I pray it doesn't sideline him too long.

Old 05-11-2013, 12:43 PM   #311
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Hope Ziggy is ok. It's amazing he was able to carry on after the incident.

Old 05-11-2013, 12:54 PM   #312
Team Andino
The Paragon of Virtue

Scary stuff hearing him lose that much memory from the incident. Hoping he's recovering well and this doesn't become a regular issue for him.

Old 05-11-2013, 01:04 PM   #313
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

Quote:
...It worked for Mickie James But why can't a big tough guy just happen to be gay/bi?
Because the big tough guy isn't a smoking hot woman like Mickie trying to get into the pants of another smoking hot woman like Trish Stratus. Sorry but, the viewing demographic probably wouldn't go for it.

Now, if all of a sudden AJ were trying to hook up with Kaityln, rating would skyrocket!

Old 05-11-2013, 01:07 PM   #314
Lunar_Wolf
WTF face

Concussions sound terrifying.

Old 05-11-2013, 01:42 PM   #315
UnionJack

Quote:
The new line of casts are slated for release this summer, so yeah it might be a good idea to wait and see how it turns out, although you'll have to make do with the 'WW' block logo as opposed to the 'WWF' block logo.

You can regularly find the old stamped WE version floating around on eBay. There's a few up on there now, I believe.

Here's one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/wwf-wrestl...item1e7a97839d
I don't fully trust people enough on eBay for the kind of money those go for.
I want to sell my (limited) replica IronMan helmet but think someone will try and screw me on it.

Old 05-11-2013, 01:51 PM   #316
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Quote:
I want to sell my (limited) replica IronMan helmet but think someone will try and screw me on it.
I can understand that, having dealt with many timewasters and scammers on there whilst selling my replicas. But that's really the only place you're likely to get one of them, as they've been discontinued from all major outlets.

Old 05-11-2013, 03:05 PM   #317
UnionJack

Quote:
I can understand that, having dealt with many timewasters and scammers on there whilst selling my replicas. But that's really the only place you're likely to get one of them, as they've been discontinued from all major outlets.
I knew I should have got one a few years ago when I had the chance
If the new ones look good I don't mind having the block WW.

Old 05-11-2013, 03:16 PM   #318
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Quote:
I knew I should have got one a few years ago when I had the chance
If the new ones look good I don't mind having the block WW.
Well I'm hoping they turn out like the Masters Series casts, which look really good. What I don't like about the original stamped replica is first of all the etching, but also that the side bars aren't even attached to the main plate. It just looks wrong.

Here's a picture of the Masters Series Cast, I'm hoping the new cast turns out like this, albeit with the WW logo:

Old 05-11-2013, 08:48 PM   #319
LuisTX85
Anti-Hero

My favorite WM 29 moment
GIFSoup

Old 05-11-2013, 10:56 PM   #320
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

I know it was supposed to be Swagger that kicked Dolph but I just saw this still from SD.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 05-11-2013, 10:57 PM   #321
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Old 05-11-2013, 11:59 PM   #322
LuisTX85
Anti-Hero

Mickie James pulling a Christian entrance,Miss Charisma!?

Old 05-12-2013, 02:35 AM   #323
bullets
bang bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
So let me this right, swagger is caught with drugs, up in court, has violated the wellness policy and now after his match with Ziggler is not safe to work with other talent

What does it take to get this guy fired.

He's proven to be absolutely worthless. I hope this is his last year in WWE.

Quote:

I could see it working if a wrestler came out of the closet and gave an inspirational promo. However I think the fans would backlash and we'd get crowds chanting homophobic slurs or boo. I remember Ric Flair arguing with Kanyon on the Howard Stern show and Flair admitted some of the top stars are gay , but didn't say who. So I'm curious as to how the other stars would react. It could also ruin someone's career. I would imagine some people might refuse to work with them. Who knows , but it's doubtful that would happen anytime soon.

Old 05-12-2013, 04:41 AM   #324
Slushy
The Man

Quote:

I'm really angry he hasn't been suspended yet.

Quote:
As long as you use PayPal and the person has good feedback, you shouldn't have a problem. I'm very comfortable buying / selling stuff on E-Bay as long as I don't deal with anybody from the country of Nigeria.

Quote:
My favorite WM 29 moment
Me too. Makes me wish Punk Vs. Undertaker had main evented.

Also for $30, if you order the Blu-Ray from WWE's Shopzone, you get the official event program with it.

or

For $35, you can get the Blu-Ray and the official WM 29 t-shirt and along with a non-Cena dog tag.

Quote:
AJ Styles, although I like all the wrestler's you listed and really enjoying the tag team between Roode/Aries. But to me it is AJ.
Me too!

Twitter: TheMachoPunk
Old 05-12-2013, 09:42 AM   #325
Superark
The Purveyor of Good

Sting recently spoke about the state of TNA and much more. Here are the highlights…

On the State of TNA: “We’re in a good place. The company has definitely matured. We started with the fair grounds in Nashville, TN when I first came on. The idea was if I came, maybe others would follow. It’s happened and it’s been phenomenal. We’re in 120 countries now and the brand has grown. It’s a brand that’s very well known, especially here in this area [the UK] and very well received.”

On Jeff Hardy’s Comeback: “It’s phenomenal. Who wouldn’t want to see a story unfold like that? Jeff Hardy is so loved. He’s one of our marquee players here. To somebody have it all slip through their fingers is kind of sad to watch. We’ve seen it happen over and over and over again and not that many are able to get back on and get it right. I was one of them. I was one of them, I made those choices too, the wrong choices. Just about took me out. I had a few talks with Jeff, tried to get him back up on board. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him better, ever. He’s physically, mentally, spiritually [better]. He’s in a better place than he’s ever been in.”

On TNA’s New PPV Format: “It was brand new then [PPV's back in his day]. We didn’t have thousands of TV stations. [now] You can watch anything and everything 24 hours a day, everybody’s doing PPV’s. It’s just too much. It’s just too much TV. So let’s just do fewer every year and make them extra extra special. Make them like Wembley was last year. I think it’s great and I think it’s going to be a big boost for our company.”

On TNA’s Future Stars: “Matt Morgan, Austin Aries, James Storm, Bobby Roode. All these guys are just guys that are coming up. Joe [Samoa Joe], I know Joe’s going to get back on track again. He had the rug snatched out from underneath him, political stuff that happens in our business. He’ll come back again. Yeah, there’s a whole host of guys. How can a guy like Matt Morgan, who’s athletic as he is, and as strong as he is, and as smart as he is, not become a big star in our business? If he doesn’t it would have to be him, it lies on him.”