The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2013, 09:54 PM   #651
Great Mind(s)
Broken
 
Great Mind(s)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gamma Quadrant
Posts: 4,029
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

What kind of Superman would fit with Nolan's Batman? A Clark Kent who trains with ninjas and isn't an alien? Or what about the "rebooted Batman"? Would the Batman who fits with MOS have Bruce Wayne bit by a radioactive bat??

You act as if Nolan's Batman films were actually realistic. Show me again the water evaporator weapon that can skip over killing humans and neatly turn Gotham's water supply into gas. Also show me fear gas while we're at it. Or a clown who can sneak around Gotham without being seen planting bombs just in case people decide to do certain things he already predicts are going to happen. Also show me vehicles like the Batpod (complete with the turning spinning wheel move) that Selina just so happens to know how to pilot perfectly without ever touching before. Show me the secret society of ninjas responsible for every major cataclysm since the beginning of mankind. Also show me THE GODDAMN BATMAN!

Translation: Nolan's films are pure fantasy and the notion that it's some kind of realistic crime drama is asinine. The idea that Superman could never interact with all the things I listed is just plain silly. We're talking about Batman and Superman. Just because Batman is "gritty and dark" doesn't mean it's not fantasy.

Great Mind(s) is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 10:04 PM   #652
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 9,901
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
What kind of Superman would fit with Nolan's Batman? A Clark Kent who trains with ninjas and isn't an alien? Or what about the "rebooted Batman"? Would the Batman who fits with MOS have Bruce Wayne bit by a radioactive bat??

You act as if Nolan's Batman films were actually realistic. Show me again the water evaporator weapon that can skip over killing humans and neatly turn Gotham's water supply into gas. Also show me fear gas while we're at it. Or a clown who can sneak around Gotham without being seen planting bombs just in case people decide to do certain things he already predicts are going to happen. Also show me vehicles like the Batpod (complete with the turning spinning wheel move) that Selina just so happens to know how to pilot perfectly without ever touching before. Show me the secret society of ninjas responsible for every major cataclysm since the beginning of mankind. Also show me THE GODDAMN BATMAN!

Translation: Nolan's films are pure fantasy and the notion that it's some kind of realistic crime drama is asinine. The idea that Superman could never interact with all the things I listed is just plain silly. We're talking about Batman and Superman. Just because Batman is "gritty and dark" doesn't mean it's not fantasy.
Yup. Nolans Bat films are still total fantasy they're only more realistic when you compare them to past Bat movies, Avengers or The Crow and stuff like that. But it's fantasy. Just like MOS is fantasy/sci-fi (which you can call TDK trilogy too)..but it seems more realistic than any past Superman movie we've ever seen.

They're linked because they're both grittier and more relatable than ever before when looking at Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne.

Was just watching the end of TDKR and that whole chase with The Bat, with Catwoman riding the bat-god which is doing some crazy ****. That whole long sequence is amazing but it could have fit in ANY comic book movie. Yes, that even includes Avengers.

The Nolan-verse could fit with the Snyder-verse no problem.

shauner111 is online now  
Old 05-11-2013, 10:07 PM   #653
Shikamaru
Side-Kick
 
Shikamaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,569
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

If Darkseid isn't used in the first film, I think the White Martians would be a good place to start. It would also serve as an origin story for MM. I would have Superman, Batman, WW, Flash, GL, and obviously MM in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
What kind of Superman would fit with Nolan's Batman? A Clark Kent who trains with ninjas and isn't an alien? Or what about the "rebooted Batman"? Would the Batman who fits with MOS have Bruce Wayne bit by a radioactive bat??

You act as if Nolan's Batman films were actually realistic. Show me again the water evaporator weapon that can skip over killing humans and neatly turn Gotham's water supply into gas. Also show me fear gas while we're at it. Or a clown who can sneak around Gotham without being seen planting bombs just in case people decide to do certain things he already predicts are going to happen. Also show me vehicles like the Batpod (complete with the turning spinning wheel move) that Selina just so happens to know how to pilot perfectly without ever touching before. Show me the secret society of ninjas responsible for every major cataclysm since the beginning of mankind. Also show me THE GODDAMN BATMAN!

Translation: Nolan's films are pure fantasy and the notion that it's some kind of realistic crime drama is asinine. The idea that Superman could never interact with all the things I listed is just plain silly. We're talking about Batman and Superman. Just because Batman is "gritty and dark" doesn't mean it's not fantasy.
*sigh*

Dude, why did you have to bring this up again? We were all enjoying discussing something else here for a change.

I'm not even going to bother responding at this point. Literally every single thing you brought up was addressed here over and over again. You barely even worded them differently.

Shikamaru is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 10:59 PM   #654
Travesty
Dats right!
 
Travesty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 15,220
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
Translation: Nolan's films are pure fantasy and the notion that it's some kind of realistic crime drama is asinine. The idea that Superman could never interact with all the things I listed is just plain silly. We're talking about Batman and Superman. Just because Batman is "gritty and dark" doesn't mean it's not fantasy.
Ehhhhh, I wouldn't say its fantasy at all. It's mainly fiction, with a few sci-fi elements dropped in there, but it doesn't go crazy with it, either(I think the definition is Sci-fi action?). Stuff like The Joker knowing where and when to plant bombs, or Selina knowing this and that isn't based on fantasy, that again, is all based on fiction, because it's purely imaginative. You can write improbably situations all you want, but that doesn't automatically deem it "fantasy". Things like the cape, microwave emitter, grapple gun, etc, is all more based on sci-fi, cause those things are probable, it's just we don't have the exact tech for it at this moment(see the extras on BB for more clarification).

As for MOS: that is definitely based on fantasy, but it doesn't go all out with it. It isn't plausible to be able to emit the power of flight, or shoot heat vision laser beams out of ones eyes, without some kind of tech to back it up. Those are all supernatural phenomenons, hence, why its in the fantasy category. It basically makes things up, and follows its own rules. Can it be more "grounded" and (I hate to say this) "realistic" compared to past Superman movies or the comics? Sure, but just because it's more "grounded" doesn't mean it has escaped its fantastical elements, as it should be apparent, since we can see a bunch of humanoids fly that are breaking the laws of nature.

Batman in the comics or some cartoons? Yes, there is definitely many fantastical elements in there that one could easily consider them "fantasy", but I wouldn't classify Nolan's movies in the fantasy category, at all. If Ra's really was immortal, and Clayface showed up, sure, I could start to see the fantasy elements, but Nolan's films never introduced those things. Just because you have some crazy impractical moments in the movies doesn't mean its "fantasy". Would you consider Die Hard a fantasy?

__________________
A little of dis, a lot of dat.

*Dat Kane and his gifs!
Travesty is online now  
Old 05-12-2013, 12:07 AM   #655
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 47,891
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
JL will not be overshadowed simply because of the fact that it is the JL. WB/Legendary will not take this movie lightly and it will be a huge event no matter when it chooses to release. I'm not ignoring any facts. What you are ignoring is the fact that this movie has been worked on behind the scenes for quite some time. With a rumored writer on board and a director supposedly soon to be announced, a cast can rounded up by either the end of this year of the beginning of next. JL can easily make 2015 while being the fantastic movie it needs to be, and if WB wants it to happen it will happen. Longer doesn't always mean better.

Even with all of those movies releasing, that still does not dispute my point. Like I said, people will not suddenly run out of money when it's time to go see JL. It has as much of a chance as gaining a billion in the BO as the other films you listed. You're acting like something like that isn't possible.
Those and hopefully JL are all multiple repeat viewing type movies even for the GA, the kind of film (well maybe not Avatar 2 so much even though I saw the 1st film 3 times) that I might see up to 10 times if they were as good as they could be. Not only are there not enough weekends to see Star Wars 7, Avengers 2 & JL as much as I'd want I can't afford that. I'll instead be splitting my viewings between them as I guess will others to a much lesser extent. Instead of seeing JL twice they'll just see Star Wars & JL for eg. If instead of Star Wars the competition had been Snow White and the Huntsman they might have seen JL twice.

If JL is as big as you expect and Star Wars 7, Avatar 2 & Avengers 2 as big as nearly everyone else expects, all of them will be affected by each other and every last one of them will have been dumb to release at the same time. Competition is at least as important as how good your film itself is.

__________________
Xbox GT: Miramax7000 121,677 G
Iceman is offline  
Old 05-12-2013, 12:20 AM   #656
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 47,891
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
The thing is that I believe Marvel needs to be taught a lesson. JL in 2017 with Darkseid would also be one year away from Avengers 3 with Thanos. If you go back a few pages, you will be able to read a rant of mine where I said that I believe Marvel needs to be taught a lesson because they got really arrogant in both comics and on film. What better way to do that than having Darkseid - the original Thanos - just one year before Avengers 3 to tire out the audience despite Marvel planning Thanos for a long while by then? If JL comes out in 2015, 3 years is plenty of time for a breath of fresh air for the GA to be open to Thanos.

It may sound a bit pathetic but part of the reason why I want JL in 2017 is because it would be the ultimate victory against Marvel. How is that not a good thing for WB/DC? Not only does their JL film make a little more than it would've in 2015 but Marvel will also suffer one major loss.
I agree, it does sound a bit pathetic. I supported Avengers not only because I liked Avengers (I like JL & Avengers equally) but because I like most comic properties and want all the best ones to have the chance to see the light of day. $1.5B later and JL after all these years of doubts suddenly looks like happening. If JL is planned for 2017 and as unlikely as it would be Avengers 2 somehow loses a tonne of money (as you seem to want & think is good for WB/DC) guess what might happen to JL?

__________________
Xbox GT: Miramax7000 121,677 G
Iceman is offline  
Old 05-12-2013, 12:39 AM   #657
combocaz
Side-Kick
 
combocaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 1,456
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

I would really like a big name Director to helm the Wonder Woman film. Someone like Peter Jackson. Attaching his name to a wonder woman movie would generate alot of interest from the GA.

Del Toro should direct Aquaman.

Brad Bird to direct The Flash.

Len Wiseman to direct The Batman reboot. He knows how to film action movies with good hand to hand combat fighting and the imaginative tech used in underworld and total recall were great.

Imagine Batman instead of selene and Batarangs in place of the blades. This would look sick on screen. I really would love to see bats throw some batarangs like he does in the cartoons.

Joseph Kosinski another director i like has a really cool visual style in Tron Legacy and Oblivion and i think transferring that style to make a Green Lantern movie would be a great.

I think visual directors are best to tackle comicbook movies because of their creative style and imagination. Just aslong as they have a great script in their hands they will show you great action and visuals.

__________________
Superman - Henry Cavill
Batman -Ben Affleck
Wonder Woman -Gal Gadot
Cyborg -Ray Fisher
Aquaman -Jason Momoa
combocaz is online now  
Old 05-12-2013, 12:56 AM   #658
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin
 
Bruce_Begins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5,881
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Lens Wiseman for Batman ? No thanks.

I know it will never happen but I think that Martin Campbell was perfect for Batman, he was the wrong Director for Green lantern, but now it is unlikely that he will be directing any DC movie.

How about Guy Ritchie for Batman ?

__________________

*\S/T*
Bruce_Begins is offline  
Old 05-12-2013, 12:59 AM   #659
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin
 
Bruce_Begins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5,881
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by combocaz View Post
Joseph Kosinski another director i like has a really cool visual style in Tron Legacy and Oblivion and i think transferring that style to make a Green Lantern movie would be a great.

I think visual directors are best to tackle comicbook movies because of their creative style and imagination. Just aslong as they have a great script in their hands they will show you great action and visuals.

Kosinski would be great choice for either Flash or Green Lantern.

__________________

*\S/T*
Bruce_Begins is offline  
Old 05-12-2013, 05:01 AM   #660
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!
 
aNarcHy2day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: India
Posts: 1,142
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Personally, I don't see a reason why a 2015 release would be a problem for the box office of JL if they keep reasonably away from other big releases- I'm putting that at 2-3 weeks either side and more importantly make sure your release doesn't clash with with any of them a la Superman Returns. They may indeed take up WB's December spot post the Hobbit trilogy as I expect Marvel/ Disney to place theirs in the Summer.

Just in case you don't realise, 2013 has a spate of potential blockbusters lined up as well- IM3 should get close to a billion, so should Star Trek Into Darkness (awesome film, by the way). Then there is Lone Ranger, which if it's anything close to the fun of Pirates could run close to a billion too, though personally I'm highly doubtful. Pacific Rim is another movie set to take up the mantle of Robots from last years' Transformers and could go big at the BO. Of course, there's Desolation of Smaug that will probably cross a billion as well. Then there is a small matter of the first Superman movie in years which is highly anticipated and looks awesome anyway.

Of course, if they think 2015 is a hurried affair it's a different matter. Though, if they have indeed laid the groundwork- two and half years is quite some time.

__________________
THE JUSTICE LEAGUE

Batman- Ben Affleck, 41
Superman- Henry Cavill, 29
Wonder Woman- Gal Gadot, 28
The Flash- Jake Gyllenhaal, 31
Green Lantern- Ryan Reynolds, 36; Idris Elba, 40
and
Vandal Savage- Javier Bardem, 43
aNarcHy2day is online now  
Old 05-12-2013, 06:06 AM   #661
Project862006
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,208
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11


Project862006 is offline  
Old 05-12-2013, 06:09 AM   #662
NosfeRomas
Side-Kick
 
NosfeRomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,402
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post

How about Guy Ritchie for Batman ?
No thanks.

NosfeRomas is offline  
Old 05-12-2013, 06:25 AM   #663
Bludhaven
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 70
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
What kind of Superman would fit with Nolan's Batman? A Clark Kent who trains with ninjas and isn't an alien? Or what about the "rebooted Batman"? Would the Batman who fits with MOS have Bruce Wayne bit by a radioactive bat??

You act as if Nolan's Batman films were actually realistic. Show me again the water evaporator weapon that can skip over killing humans and neatly turn Gotham's water supply into gas. Also show me fear gas while we're at it. Or a clown who can sneak around Gotham without being seen planting bombs just in case people decide to do certain things he already predicts are going to happen. Also show me vehicles like the Batpod (complete with the turning spinning wheel move) that Selina just so happens to know how to pilot perfectly without ever touching before. Show me the secret society of ninjas responsible for every major cataclysm since the beginning of mankind. Also show me THE GODDAMN BATMAN!

Translation: Nolan's films are pure fantasy and the notion that it's some kind of realistic crime drama is asinine. The idea that Superman could never interact with all the things I listed is just plain silly. We're talking about Batman and Superman. Just because Batman is "gritty and dark" doesn't mean it's not fantasy.
Yes but when compared with the comic books, past movies and other similar characters like Captain America he is realistic, very much so.

The point is Nolan's Batman was watered down. Everything from his intelligence, his fighting skills and feats were attenuated. You can't have a watered down Batman fighting alongside Superman and Wonder Woman, it would just look ridiculous. You need a Batman who can fight like Captain America, Black Widow or Hawkeye, who's smart enough to build his own gadgets and who is worthy enough of the title of the worlds greatest detective.

Nolan's Batman struggled to fight the Joker's dogs and a Bane that wasn't even half the size of his comic book counterpart, to have him then fight aliens, demons or whatever the Justice League movie plans to include, would be such a preposterous jump that even the general audience wouldn't buy into it.


Last edited by Bludhaven; 05-12-2013 at 06:40 AM.
Bludhaven is online now  
Old 05-12-2013, 06:30 AM   #664
Project862006
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,208
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

next batman should fight like CW's Arrow fast brutal and precise
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Project862006 is offline  
Old 05-12-2013, 07:05 AM   #665
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,797
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Those and hopefully JL are all multiple repeat viewing type movies even for the GA, the kind of film (well maybe not Avatar 2 so much even though I saw the 1st film 3 times) that I might see up to 10 times if they were as good as they could be. Not only are there not enough weekends to see Star Wars 7, Avengers 2 & JL as much as I'd want I can't afford that. I'll instead be splitting my viewings between them as I guess will others to a much lesser extent. Instead of seeing JL twice they'll just see Star Wars & JL for eg. If instead of Star Wars the competition had been Snow White and the Huntsman they might have seen JL twice.

If JL is as big as you expect and Star Wars 7, Avatar 2 & Avengers 2 as big as nearly everyone else expects, all of them will be affected by each other and every last one of them will have been dumb to release at the same time. Competition is at least as important as how good your film itself is.
If people want to view JL multiple times, they will find a way. If it is truly as epic as it should be, the movie will have nothing to worry about. Give the movies a week or two to breathe without crossing into each others' territory(as blockbusters tend to do) and things will be just like they are normally.

Honestly, an excuse like that isn't a good enough reason not to release JL in 2015.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Ant-Man
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Old 05-12-2013, 07:06 AM   #666
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,797
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNarcHy2day View Post
Personally, I don't see a reason why a 2015 release would be a problem for the box office of JL if they keep reasonably away from other big releases- I'm putting that at 2-3 weeks either side and more importantly make sure your release doesn't clash with with any of them a la Superman Returns. They may indeed take up WB's December spot post the Hobbit trilogy as I expect Marvel/ Disney to place theirs in the Summer.

Just in case you don't realise, 2013 has a spate of potential blockbusters lined up as well- IM3 should get close to a billion, so should Star Trek Into Darkness (awesome film, by the way). Then there is Lone Ranger, which if it's anything close to the fun of Pirates could run close to a billion too, though personally I'm highly doubtful. Pacific Rim is another movie set to take up the mantle of Robots from last years' Transformers and could go big at the BO. Of course, there's Desolation of Smaug that will probably cross a billion as well. Then there is a small matter of the first Superman movie in years which is highly anticipated and looks awesome anyway.

Of course, if they think 2015 is a hurried affair it's a different matter. Though, if they have indeed laid the groundwork- two and half years is quite some time.

Good post, agreed.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Ant-Man
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Old 05-12-2013, 07:18 AM   #667
beyond_death
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 310
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludhaven View Post
Yes but when compared with the comic books, past movies and other similar characters like Captain America he is realistic, very much so.

The point is Nolan's Batman was watered down. Everything from his intelligence, his fighting skills and feats were attenuated. You can't have a watered down Batman fighting alongside Superman and Wonder Woman, it would just look ridiculous. You need a Batman who can fight like Captain America, Black Widow or Hawkeye, who's smart enough to build his own gadgets and who is worthy enough of the title of the worlds greatest detective.

Nolan's Batman struggled to fight the Joker's dogs and a Bane that wasn't even half the size of his comic book counterpart, to have him then fight aliens, demons or whatever the Justice League movie plans to include, would be such a preposterous jump that even the general audience wouldn't buy into it.
This. As much as I loved Nolan's Batman, it just would not fit in with the Justice League unless they nerf the rest of the League immensely or somehow power up Nolan Bats to the point of inconsistency. Otherwise, if he is incorporated in JL as he has been in the Nolan movies, he will seem hilariously useless.

beyond_death is offline  
Old 05-12-2013, 07:23 AM   #668
Rodrigo90
Symbol of Fear
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 18,648
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Of course a man who could barely handle dogs, a madman and needed his girlfriend to save his life, can fight dangerous aliens with his crippled knee, that will also hinder his back. With Nolan gone, we can do pretty much what we want to

__________________
"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles "
Christopher Reeve

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Green Goblin not wearing a mask and being mutated
Rodrigo90 is offline  
Old 05-12-2013, 07:48 AM   #669
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,797
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Lmao, the dog part was the worst. You can't expect that Batman to stand up to the likes of Darkseid.

Hell, Zod alone would destroy Bane just by staring at him. LOL, yeah, the fire rises alright. Heat vision'd.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Ant-Man
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Old 05-12-2013, 07:56 AM   #670
Rodrigo90
Symbol of Fear
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 18,648
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Imagine the greatest player in the world for Batman AC - Perfect combo flow, all moves unlocked, untouchable - that's the Batman we need on film

And who was a better fighter? Bale or Keaton?

__________________
"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles "
Christopher Reeve

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Green Goblin not wearing a mask and being mutated
Rodrigo90 is offline  
Old 05-12-2013, 07:59 AM   #671
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.
 
Pfeiffer-Pfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ireland
Posts: 9,529
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
And who was a better fighter? Bale or Keaton?
Probably Bale... but even so, Keaton made everything look much cooler.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

__________________
Michelle Pfeiffer:
Cool Rider, Catwoman, Diamond and all round Goddess
http://pfeiffer-pfan.tumblr.com/

I'll miss you dad! xx

Pfeiffer-Pfan is online now  
Old 05-12-2013, 08:04 AM   #672
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,797
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Yes, that would be the perfect way to do Batman's combat style. The greatest AC player. Seriously, if they can get that style live-action, then we're in for a treat.

I think Keaton's Batman could whup Bale. Keaton's Batman makes it look so easy.

Something I hope to never see on the new Batman is that open mouth s**t. Bale's Batman always had his mouth open with his tongue showing as he talked. Pissed me off, especially in TDKR, when he was supposed to be all smooth in front of Selina. I have no idea how she found him attractive.

On a side note, this vid is pretty funny.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Ant-Man
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 05-12-2013 at 08:08 AM.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Old 05-12-2013, 08:45 AM   #673
erehwon0
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Geelong, Victoria, Australia
Posts: 329
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Getting off topic.

Do we really believe that between the announcement of Will Beall's script till now that nothing is happening with this project. Wasn't that announcement made last year?
For all we know a script has been finished! If WB really has a mad on for JL, I don't believe they'll just sit on the project until MOS opens in four weeks.

As was reported recently at a convention, DC people have said decisions have been made. Just what those are are still unknown.

At this point, will El Mayimbe spoil it for DC by announcing it before SDCC?

erehwon0 is offline  
Old 05-12-2013, 09:04 AM   #674
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 47,891
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
If people want to view JL multiple times, they will find a way. If it is truly as epic as it should be, the movie will have nothing to worry about. Give the movies a week or two to breathe without crossing into each others' territory(as blockbusters tend to do) and things will be just like they are normally.

Honestly, an excuse like that isn't a good enough reason not to release JL in 2015.
I don't see how there is a way for me. If all the films meet my expectations I want to view Star Wars 7, Avengers 2, JL about 10 times each and Avatar 2 maybe 3 times. If they were in different years I could afford this (like I managed for the LOTR films). If they are in the same year I'll probably be able to watch the main 3 only 2 or 3 times each even if they are the 3 best films of all time.
I don't know how many other films you plan on watching that year but if you plan on watching a broad range, the multiple viewings will need to be split which they wouldn't have to be in any other year where it is not filled with all the potential biggest films of all time.

If you release all these films at the same time it doesn't matter if they are great. They will automatically all bleed some expected revenue and the one that is least established is most likely to suffer abroad.

And I don't know if you're interested in Avengers or not but for me it'll be like having 2 great meals one after the other instead of on different days if they are too close to each other. I'm far more interested in team superhero films than the solo ones so I don't want them taking anything away from each other and I don't want a massive gap till the next one after 2015 (assuming X-Men in 2014).

__________________
Xbox GT: Miramax7000 121,677 G
Iceman is offline  
Old 05-12-2013, 09:32 AM   #675
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 9,901
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by combocaz View Post
I would really like a big name Director to helm the Wonder Woman film. Someone like Peter Jackson. Attaching his name to a wonder woman movie would generate alot of interest from the GA.

Del Toro should direct Aquaman.

Brad Bird to direct The Flash.

Len Wiseman to direct The Batman reboot. He knows how to film action movies with good hand to hand combat fighting and the imaginative tech used in underworld and total recall were great.

Imagine Batman instead of selene and Batarangs in place of the blades. This would look sick on screen. I really would love to see bats throw some batarangs like he does in the cartoons.

Joseph Kosinski another director i like has a really cool visual style in Tron Legacy and Oblivion and i think transferring that style to make a Green Lantern movie would be a great.

I think visual directors are best to tackle comicbook movies because of their creative style and imagination. Just aslong as they have a great script in their hands they will show you great action and visuals.
Len Wiseman for Batman OR ANY of them is a horrible choice. Sorry man, but I find he's a really bad director. His films are utter **** to me. Live Free Or Die Hard?? Total Recall?? Underworld?? All garbage movies. To go from Nolan to him would be a joke.

Not a fan of Kosinski's movies but his visual style is appropriate for something less massive in pop culture..like a Green Lantern movie. I would put him on the shortlist for sure.

And I cant really associate Wiseman with being a great visual director. I don't want to see some CG fest for a Batman movie in 3D. And ill use an example. His Die Hard movie? The visuals were really awful. I remember sitting in the theater and laughing at how bad the CG and direction was.

I think the Bird for Flash and Del Toro for Aquaman is a bit backwards. I don't think they fit. Bird would be better for an Aquaman or Wonder Woman type of project. Even JL since he can do ensembles. And Del Toro is more fitting for Green Lantern or Dark Universe.

shauner111 is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.