The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 10:09 PM   #776
scifiwolf
Side-Kick

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 3

So, based on Mikey yelling to Leo "Where's Ralph," I'm guessing Ralph gets separated while with Leo. It'll be a different dynamic on the typical Ralph-gets-separated scenario, with the other turtles getting into trouble instead. I wonder what kind of character development will spring from that circumstance in regard to the Ralph/Leo relationship? I can see a couple different ways to go with it.

Old 05-11-2013, 10:46 PM   #777
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Were Stockman and his Fly transformation in the leaked script?
Quote:
Originally Posted by louiebling$ View Post
No Baxter whatsoever
He is correct.

I went back and watched one of the script reviews earlier today and there was no baxter.

Just Kraang and "Schrader".

With a rebel yell she cried mo mo moa
mo mo moa
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 05-11-2013, 10:48 PM   #778
NinjaTurtleFan
Turtle Power!

Quote:
Yea with Fitchner Being Cast I fully expect Colonel Schrader which is ****ing lame
It really depletes the purpose of even having Shredder and the Foot Clan if all you're going to do is whitewash him into a white Army colonel named Schrader and the Foot into some elite black-ops team.

I mean seriously... whoever came up with that idea must've been sniffing some powerful glue or something because that has got to be one of the dumbest ideas in a long history of dumb, bad ideas.

Old 05-12-2013, 07:32 AM   #779
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well based on the those videos seems like they kept Government Military Foot
How many Gov't military operations you know in which they wear those kinda masks?

I personally am open to the idea, it's not like I've seen a true to comics Bane, Mandarin, Frost, and the list goes on. Didn't stop me from enjoying the films in those particular cases. They've gone ahead and changed April functions in this new cartoon series to rave reviews...

Ironically, I did however see a accurate Megatron for all intents and purposes.

Last edited by Marvin; 05-12-2013 at 07:36 AM.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:14 AM   #780
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

It's not change itself that is bad, it' what the change is that seems bad to me personally.

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. The Avengers | 5. Batman Returns
6. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 7. X2 | 8. X-Men: Days of Future Past | 9. Spider-Man 2 | 10. The Dark Knight Rises
Old 05-12-2013, 09:30 AM   #781
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
It's not change itself that is bad, it' what the change is that seems bad to me personally.
From what I've learned after a few years on here.
All change is bad prior to film release. The red trunks are the most recent example.

Old 05-12-2013, 01:11 PM   #782
Victarion
Dolt

I'd accept "Schrader" if he's got an athletic build (plus a modernization of the classic armor), no paunch, and infiltrated the US government with his Foot Clan under Krang's orders.

Old 05-12-2013, 01:15 PM   #783
Nathan

I'd actually really dislike it if Shredder works under anyone's orders. He needs to be the head of his organization and take orders from no one.

Old 05-12-2013, 02:02 PM   #784
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

I'm just waiting to see what they're planning right now. I won't be entirely put off if this is the route they go, as IDW did their own reboot thing to an extent.

Old 05-12-2013, 02:30 PM   #785
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
From what I've learned after a few years on here.
All change is bad prior to film release. The red trunks are the most recent example.
Yeah I know, but I'm not one of them, I have a very open mind towards change in general.

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. The Avengers | 5. Batman Returns
6. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 7. X2 | 8. X-Men: Days of Future Past | 9. Spider-Man 2 | 10. The Dark Knight Rises
Old 05-12-2013, 06:10 PM   #786
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Here's a really cool video someone made explaining how this movie could be great and talking about what's good about the movie and whats not as bad as we think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKV40bQncaY

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

mo mo moa

#Hypsters4Sawyer

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 05-12-2013 at 06:13 PM.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:48 PM   #787
Victarion
Dolt

Good points. I think shadowplay could be used to show the Turtles going all-out with their weapons. You know, seeing the shadows of the Foot Ninjas losing an arm, head, etc. instead of showing the body, blood and all. I'm really more excited after hearing what's going right for the movie.

Old 05-12-2013, 06:59 PM   #788
Cassandra Cain
C'mon! Let's get NUTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Here's a really cool video someone made explaining how this movie could be great and talking about what's good about the movie and whats not as bad as we think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKV40bQncaY

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Excellent video. These points he mentions are dead-on and definitely qualities and necessities that all we fans are hoping for. Excellent analysis on how to make this film work.

Old 05-12-2013, 07:09 PM   #789
roach
I am the night

He lost me when he said Battle LA and Clash of the Titans was better than the Transformers movies

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 05-12-2013, 07:16 PM   #790
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
He lost me when he said Battle LA and Clash of the Titans was better than the Transformers movies
In many ways, they were. and lets face it, its not hard to be better than the transformers movies.

The huge VFX of those movies really make them seem better than what they are which is really bad when you think about it.

mo mo moa

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 05-12-2013, 07:19 PM   #791
roach
I am the night

Quote:
In many ways, they were. and lets face it, its not hard to be better than the transformers movies.

The huge VFX of those movies really make them seem better than what they are which is really bad when you think about it.
IMO Battlefield LA maybe is equal to the TF movies but Clash of The Titans was pure crap.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 05-12-2013, 07:33 PM   #792
Merlo
Banned User

Clash Of The Titans and Battle Los Angeles better than all three TF movies? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Old 05-12-2013, 07:38 PM   #793
scifiwolf
Side-Kick

Transformers 2 and 3 were complete bunk as films. So was Wrath of the Titans. I fell asleep watching Battle LA, but that had nothing to do with the movie. I've been meaning to rematch it. With Transformers 2 and 3, as well as Wrath, the onus is all on the scripts. Really, this video nails down the positives, and the targets for the movie to hit that it mentions are obvious enough that Applebaum and Liebesman likely know them.

Old 05-12-2013, 07:43 PM   #794
Cassandra Cain
C'mon! Let's get NUTS!

Quote:
New set videos!

We get to hear some lines from the Turtles themselves.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Quote:
Originally Posted by scifiwolf View Post
So, based on Mikey yelling to Leo "Where's Raph," I'm guessing Raph gets separated while with Leo. It'll be a different dynamic on the typical Raph-gets-separated scenario, with the other turtles getting into trouble instead. I wonder what kind of character development will spring from that circumstance in regard to the Raph/Leo relationship? I can see a couple different ways to go with it.
Wow, I never thought a set video of the turtles in action would get me a little excited for this film. They're caught in an intense situation with being captured and separated from one of their brothers. This distinguishes a rather emotional scene - and yes, I'm very excited by this. My favorite aspects of the previous live action films was not only the humor and camaraderie between the brothers, but also their genuine concern for one another in situations of emotional distress (especially in the 1990 film). I love the way Leo is screaming for Mikey (and it looks like this adaption is abandoning Mike's surfer accent). So although I still have my concerns for this movie, this little behind the scenes shot gives me some hope.

Old 05-12-2013, 08:15 PM   #795
Merlo
Banned User

Ugh its driving me nuts, I want good spoilers...like right now. I cannot take this anymore.

Old 05-12-2013, 08:40 PM   #796
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
IMO Battlefield LA maybe is equal to the TF movies but Clash of The Titans was pure crap.
Clash of the Titans was decent.

Wrath of the Titans (Which Liebesman directed) was, other than its VFX and action sequences, unforgivable.

mo mo moa

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 05-12-2013, 09:06 PM   #797
roach
I am the night

Clash of the Titans was crap...even they knew it which is why they did the half @$$ed 3D conversion to capitalize on the 3D craze.

Old 05-12-2013, 09:06 PM   #798
culver3vlr22
Side-Kick

I kinda liked darkness falls when it first came out I was only 10 tho. Watched it last week it sucks lol

Battle:LA was your basic action alien attack movie so the script was bland. The action and direction was ok. Maybe with a good script Liebesman can make a good movie.

Just gotta hope we get a good movie.

Old 05-12-2013, 09:09 PM   #799
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by culver3vlr22 View Post
I kinda liked darkness falls when it first came out I was only 10 tho. Watched it last week it sucks lol

Battle:LA was your basic action alien attack movie so the script was bland. The action and direction was ok. Maybe with a good script Liebesman can make a good movie.

Just gotta hope we get a good movie.
I thought he made poor decisions in Battle:LA as a director. I don't mind shake came but why is there a need for it in non action scenes...the scene in the office calls to mind.

Old 05-12-2013, 09:14 PM   #800
Merlo
Banned User

Apparently, Darkness Falls was so bad that it made Liebesman want to quit directing movies.

Closed Thread