Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 07:34 AM   #451
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - Part 11

I find it kinda sad that the most likely first live action cinematic appearance of Wonder Woman will be in a Justice League movie and not her own solo outing.

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 5. The Avengers
6. The Dark Knight Rises | 7. X2 | 8. Spider-Man 2 | 9. Batman Returns | 10. Iron Man 3
Old 05-11-2013, 09:07 AM   #452
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOVOXO View Post
Good post, i completely agree 100%. Diana should be the compassionate, headstrong, stubborn, intelligent, and lovable Wonder Woman we've all come to known. This is why I liked the representation of her in the 2009 movie and in the new 52. She would go above and beyond just to save those who can't fend for themselves. I could care less about all that other stuff, just give me a good and enjoyable Wonder Woman movie that shows why she is a "Woman Wonder"
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
"compassionate, headstrong, stubborn, intelligent"

Can't these adjectives also apply to Superman and Batman?

On the same train of thought, what do you identify as Diana's quirks? Is Diana a more colorful/Marvel-like character than Superman or Batman? Is she just as serious?
Good points. Those should apply to every great superhero, imho. I think Diana is especially compassionate and headstrong, just as Batman is especially stubborn and intelligent while Superman is more balanced.

Her quirks are more tricky, as there are very different distinct Dianas. There's the warrior woman, there's the fish out of water, then the sort-of-goddess and lastly the Golden Age's catty fun girl. They can't all really go in the same pot very well. The vicious warrior doesn't mesh with the all-compassionate goddess and the naive fish out of water doesn't synch with the earthy savvy fun girl. I personally favor the more emotion-driven Diana over the hardcore warrior per se, but that might just be me.

Old 05-11-2013, 09:43 AM   #453
theOVOXO
Side-Kick

Quote:
"compassionate, headstrong, stubborn, intelligent"

Can't these adjectives also apply to Superman and Batman?

On the same train of thought, what do you identify as Diana's quirks? Is Diana a more colorful/Marvel-like character than Superman or Batman? Is she just as serious?
Yeah i guess that could be applied for Supes and Bats, but when it comes to being compassionate and headstrong, Wondy wins. Diana's compassion knows no bounds and she has shown to go through Hell and back to save those she loves. Which is literally everybody. She can be as colorful sometimes but she also can take things seriously.

The take on Diana I do hate is when she portrayed as a fish out of water. In the eventual movie, the amazons should be well educated about the outside world. So when Diana leaves the island and comes to America for the very first time, she should know what most things are. I'd rather have a Diana who adapts to her surrounding instead of being amazed at every little thing.

Old 05-11-2013, 10:10 AM   #454
Project862006
Banned User

i wouldn't mind Andrea Riseborough she was great in oblivion

Old 05-11-2013, 10:36 AM   #455
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Quote:
The take on Diana I do hate is when she portrayed as a fish out of water. In the eventual movie, the amazons should be well educated about the outside world. So when Diana leaves the island and comes to America for the very first time, she should know what most things are. I'd rather have a Diana who adapts to her surrounding instead of being amazed at every little thing.
I don't see how it's possible for the Amazons to keep up to date. Do they have the internet? lol

She would be amazed. There should be culture shock. I mean if you go to Japan or some other amazing and different culture, it's going to be foreign, unique and a new experience. Wonder Woman stepping out of Themyscira for the first time would be a big deal. Not sure why you hate it so much.

Old 05-11-2013, 01:16 PM   #456
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
Good points. Those should apply to every great superhero, imho. I think Diana is especially compassionate and headstrong, just as Batman is especially stubborn and intelligent while Superman is more balanced.

Her quirks are more tricky, as there are very different distinct Dianas. There's the warrior woman, there's the fish out of water, then the sort-of-goddess and lastly the Golden Age's catty fun girl. They can't all really go in the same pot very well. The vicious warrior doesn't mesh with the all-compassionate goddess and the naive fish out of water doesn't synch with the earthy savvy fun girl. I personally favor the more emotion-driven Diana over the hardcore warrior per se, but that might just be me.
Clark's quirks is that he's still holds very simple American/Midwest values. Working hard, doing the right thing, being honest, looking out for your neighbors. Ironically, he's more down to Earth because he's out in the open and chooses a reporter's life when he could literally be a billionaire like Bruce too. He's sweet, earnest and direct.

Bruce is a Byronic character with a double life as a vigilante. He's aggressive, stoic, brooding, no nonsense. He's cunning, charming, and dangerous. Bruce still has billionaire in him as Batman. He has the expensive gadgets; he looks down on crooks. His mission is to clean up his city like a self-appointed super mayor.

Diana like Bruce was raised privileged. He's rich, she's royalty. There's a difference there. I see Diana as having a regality that Bruce doesn't have. Superman or Batman, Wonder Woman is high-born. She feels obligated to do good so in a sense it's more ingrained in her to be a superhero because that's what she would be doing anyway. It's not that she chooses to be a superhero, the role of a Wonder Woman is already equivalent to what a superhero is. So Diana has a royal elegance about her. I don't see her as a savage warrior. Her training is formal. Her demeanor is more like a soldier or knight than a warrior. Even in Azzarello's run, she shows more restraint than being battle hungry. She seems to enjoy the game of combat far more than the violence of it. Perhaps, well see more Athena as hinted.

Anyway, aside from having the royal princess mission of making the world better, I think Diana is the most personable. Bruce doesn't even compare because shuts everyone away. While, Clark is very friendly and gets to know everyone, he doesn't really let anyone into his life. Diana is different. She isn't about secret identities. Diana Prince isn't really a disguise. It's just a way to dress down so she can blend in and avoid attention. It's more like a celebrity avoiding the paparazzi. Diana is also a people person like Clark, and Superman will do want he can directly and give advice. However, Wonder Woman really reaches out to people. She invests herself and allows people into her life to help them. In both Hiketeia and Azzarello's run, she dedicates all her time to protect someone. So she shows more individual care than either Batman or Superman. That's not to say Superman or Batman is less compassionate, but they each practice compassion with a different emphasis. Peace on Earth, War on Crime, Spirit of Truth. Superman protects and inspires good from above, Batman battles crime in the trenches, Wonder Woman has your back and fights for you. There's the trinity. In that sense, Diana has more warmth about her.

Old 05-11-2013, 01:18 PM   #457
Jordacar
The Endless One

I was thinking lately about some of the themes that a WW movie might explore (mostly how they would come across in the trailer and look as cool as Man of Steel). How does this sound:

We could get a conversation early on between Diana and Hippolyta; Diana asks "Are we free?" to which her mom points out they're free from war, disease, male dickishness, etc., (and those bracelets are just a reminder of how they used to be slaves and now they're not, so it's all good). Diana points out that she's never left the island her entire life.

The subject is revisited later on, Wondy chats with Steve Trevor about being a soldier, duty, honor, and some talk about what that means in today's world. So rather than simply a desire for freedom, Diana would incorporate those ideas of duty and service to a higher cause into her philosophy.

Thoughts?

If you're looking for justice, you've come to the wrong place.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:48 PM   #458
Red Mask
Human Killing Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
These new suggestions are becoming more Anglo and less exotic.

The second achievement is when the sword exists in one's heart. When absent from one's hand one can strike an enemy at paces
even with bare hands.

Swordsmanship's ultimate achievement is the absence of the sword in both hand and heart. The swordsman is at peace with the rest of the world. He vows not to kill.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:01 PM   #459
Project862006
Banned User

so exotic

Old 05-12-2013, 06:10 AM   #460
Red Mask
Human Killing Machine

She's supposed to be of ancient Greek descent. I'd prefer they kept to that direction for her looks.

The second achievement is when the sword exists in one's heart. When absent from one's hand one can strike an enemy at paces
even with bare hands.

Swordsmanship's ultimate achievement is the absence of the sword in both hand and heart. The swordsman is at peace with the rest of the world. He vows not to kill.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:19 AM   #461
Project862006
Banned User

yeah like females cant get a tan it's impossible right?

kinda like gemma looks like this

and then this

btw did i mention gemma for WW

Last edited by Project862006; 05-12-2013 at 06:22 AM.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:01 AM   #462
Rodrigo90
Boy Wonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Mask View Post
She's supposed to be of ancient Greek descent. I'd prefer they kept to that direction for her looks.
Turkish

Even though the Amazon's were part of Greek mythology, they hailed from Turkey.

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
Old 05-12-2013, 11:36 AM   #463
Project862006
Banned User

Old 05-12-2013, 11:41 AM   #464
Rodrigo90
Boy Wonder

I believe in Batfleck

Old 05-12-2013, 05:23 PM   #465
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Lake Bell is interested...

http://www.nextmovie.com/blog/lake-bell-wonder-woman/

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 05-12-2013, 05:59 PM   #466
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Quote:
I don't see how it's possible for the Amazons to keep up to date. Do they have the internet? lol

She would be amazed. There should be culture shock. I mean if you go to Japan or some other amazing and different culture, it's going to be foreign, unique and a new experience. Wonder Woman stepping out of Themyscira for the first time would be a big deal. Not sure why you hate it so much.
Agreed, the culture clash is a big and important part of it all. It raises both great thematic questions and interesting situations.

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 5. The Avengers
6. The Dark Knight Rises | 7. X2 | 8. Spider-Man 2 | 9. Batman Returns | 10. Iron Man 3
Old 05-12-2013, 06:02 PM   #467
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post

She looks rather plain to me.

Nominate your favourite Movie theme of all time for the upcoming tournament: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=469413
Old 05-12-2013, 07:44 PM   #468
theOVOXO
Side-Kick

Since DC is naming their solo superhero movies after the heroes nicknames(Man of Steel, Dark Knight). What title do you think they'll give Wonder Woman. I do like the title "Champion of the Amazons".

Old 05-12-2013, 07:46 PM   #469
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Since DC is naming their solo superhero movies after the heroes nicknames(Man of Steel, Dark Knight). What title do you think they'll give Wonder Woman. I do like the title "Champion of the Amazons".
Well Man of Steel was to distinguish it from the previous Superman series and Superman Returns. Had Superman Returns been successfully received, they probably would've continued with that.

The thing is that there hasn't been a movie called "Wonder Woman" yet, whereas there has been one called Superman and one called Batman.

So for its first outing, I think it should just be called Wonder Woman. Even the first Nolan movie was called Batman Begins.

And Champion of the Amazons is a bit of a mouthful, unlike The Dark Knight or Man of Steel. It's also probably not as well known a nickname as those other two. To establish the film with audiences, its strongest name would be Wonder Woman.

Nominate your favourite Movie theme of all time for the upcoming tournament: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=469413
Old 05-12-2013, 09:43 PM   #470
Hamill-Joker
Side-Kick

I'd title it Wonder Woman with the subtitle Champion of the Amazons.

Old 05-12-2013, 10:00 PM   #471
QWoods
Side-Kick

Old 05-12-2013, 10:23 PM   #472
Eddie Dean
I Am Not Nice

What happened to their legs?

Old 05-12-2013, 10:30 PM   #473
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

I ****ing ate them.

Old 05-13-2013, 07:57 AM   #474
Red Mask
Human Killing Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
Turkish

Even though the Amazon's were part of Greek mythology, they hailed from Turkey.
I know that, Rodman. I'm just keeping to the comics lore.

even with bare hands.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:23 AM   #475
Rodrigo90
Boy Wonder

The film could implement them with both Greek and Turkish culture.

I believe in Batfleck

Closed Thread