The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

Old 05-12-2013, 02:12 AM   #226
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Default Re: Iron Man 3 vs Man Of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
Yeah it doesn't stand a chance at the box office but it'll easily best it in terms of quality
Keep in mind this is still a Zack Snyder film. The guy has never made a movie with a higher tomato meter than 65%. I'm not saying tomato meter is the be all end all of film quality, but it casts some doubts on his ability to make a masterpiece, (and no, Watchmen is NOT a masterpiece.)

2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America 3, Doctor Strange
2017: Thor 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Inhumans
2018: Avengers 3, Black Panther, Incredible Hulk 2
2019: Iron Man 4, Doctor Strange 2, Ms. Marvel
KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:46 AM   #227
Anno_Domini
Banned User

As someone who'd list Watchmen in their top five, I'd say Watchmen is a masterpiece.

And I totally forgot about Big Hero 6 until reading it on your sig, lol.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:49 AM   #228
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
I could not agree more. Is there a 0% chance of this?

I mean, I'd think if Man of Steel did well enough, WB would consider offering Bale and/or Nolan batloads of money to make it work...
Had to, lol.

I mean, WB could do this, but then how would it effect Nolan's trilogy? If Man of Steel doesn't show any dates or whatever, it could be shown that a World's Finest team up could be between TDK and TDKR, but even that would raise questions.

Or perhaps someone attacks Gotham City and kills Robin John Blake, prompting Bruce to return where he teams with Superman, but I think Bruce Wayne would have to leave again once whatever evil is defeated because Selina is there for him back in Italy.

Old 05-12-2013, 04:26 AM   #229
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Had to, lol.

I mean, WB could do this, but then how would it effect Nolan's trilogy? If Man of Steel doesn't show any dates or whatever, it could be shown that a World's Finest team up could be between TDK and TDKR, but even that would raise questions.

Or perhaps someone attacks Gotham City and kills Robin John Blake, prompting Bruce to return where he teams with Superman, but I think Bruce Wayne would have to leave again once whatever evil is defeated because Selina is there for him back in Italy.
Well yeah, I've thought about it plenty myself. Who hasn't? I'm sure many would be on board with Bruce coming out of retirement one last time, realizing his job will never truly be done. But leaving the trilogy "as is" is appealing in its own way.

Still, they've got a good Bruce Wayne and we already respect him. No risk there. WB should opt for the "strategic investment"

Old 05-12-2013, 04:45 AM   #230
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
Keep in mind this is still a Zack Snyder film. The guy has never made a movie with a higher tomato meter than 65%. I'm not saying tomato meter is the be all end all of film quality, but it casts some doubts on his ability to make a masterpiece, (and no, Watchmen is NOT a masterpiece.)
I consider Watchmen a masterpeice. It is my favourite movie of all time.

Stating your opinion in bold does not overide mine

Also, I think you forgot about Dawn of the Dead's 75% RT rating

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/dawn_of_the_dead/

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:52 AM   #231
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Dawn of the Dead got 75%... and it really doesn't cast any doubts. Critics are people like you and me, with opinions. The tomato meter doesn't mean s**t.

Edit: Hopefuldreamer caught the Dawn of the Dead thing before me.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:12 AM   #232
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

A lot of people forget Dawn of the Dead was Snyder's. I like it almost as much as Watchmen.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:06 AM   #233
kedrell
Correction, I AM SWISS!!!

It shouldn't be too difficult for MoS to beat IM3 quality-wise. Just refrain from giving fans the middle finger and you're home free. Of course this IS Snyder and Nolan after all so I gotta keep my expectations in check. Box office-wise this was never even a competition. MoS has no chance in that regard. Better to go up against Thor2 when talking dueling box office numbers. There it has a shot, though I'd still call MoS the underdog in that fight.

Old 05-12-2013, 11:58 AM   #234
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
It shouldn't be too difficult for MoS to beat IM3 quality-wise. Just refrain from giving fans the middle finger and you're home free. Of course this IS Snyder and Nolan after all so I gotta keep my expectations in check. Box office-wise this was never even a competition. MoS has no chance in that regard. Better to go up against Thor2 when talking dueling box office numbers. There it has a shot, though I'd still call MoS the underdog in that fight.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:45 PM   #235
kedrell

I can laugh right back at ya, dude. As far as I can see, half of Nolan's movies are good(BB, Memento, Insomnia, Inception) and the rest suck. And for my money, Snyder has yet to make a good film(can't say one way or the other about DotD since I don't watch horror films).

Old 05-12-2013, 12:58 PM   #236
Rorschach2012
$

I pity people that think Captain America and TIH are quality films and think Nolan's movies suck.

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:23 PM   #237
kevin2323
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
I can laugh right back at ya, dude. As far as I can see, half of Nolan's movies are good(BB, Memento, Insomnia, Inception) and the rest suck. And for my money, Snyder has yet to make a good film(can't say one way or the other about DotD since I don't watch horror films).
my word! thanks for the chuckle.

on a more serious note. iron man 3 was subpar and decent. MOS looks much more promising.

kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:22 PM   #238
C. Lee
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
I pity people that think Captain America and TIH are quality films and think Nolan's movies suck.
I pity pathetic little trolls whose life is so terrible they have to go on the internet and try to make others feel bad so that they feel better.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:34 PM   #239
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

It would be better if they use a rebooted Batman for Cavill's Superman. As much as I loved Nolan's Batman (well, at least 2/3 times), his Batman is not one that would mesh well with Superman or any other JL member. Not only is he retired, crippled, and much older than Cavill's Superman but he also never possessed the things that make Batman important to Superman and the JL. What makes Batman be able to stand side by side with Superman is his his detective skills and overall brilliant intellect, which Nolan's Batman hasn't displayed in the trilogy. The only way Nolan's Batman would work is if you water down the whole JL or if you overpower Batman, neither being options that people would be ok with.

Plus, it would be insulting to Nolan's wishes by bringing his Batman back. The only reason why he would be back at this point is money. Literally just that.

Shikamaru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:59 PM   #240
the last son
Side-Kick

I have zero interest in Bale ever returning as Batman. Him and Cavill will be strange as Shikamaru has stated his detective skills would not be up to par to be in JL. Also, I'd rather see Batman around the same age as Superman, at least looks wise. Also, I don't have a problem with the voice, I really don't but enough is enough. I don't want to hear that when speaking with Supes.

Old 05-13-2013, 02:39 AM   #241
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Bale for a Justice League film? No.

Bale in a World's Finest film? Yes.

And why do I say yes to the latter? The idea of pitting Nolan's very human Batman up against a super-powered god of an alien would be like a CBM version of 'east meets west' in many ways, and that's how I'd do a WF film anyways. Not using the Batgod from the comics, but a very real human Batman that has his moments and isn't knowledgable with everything at hand compared to an alien that is this almighty superhero, the granddaddy of them all.

But, yes, in a JL universe with more than one alien and more than one god-like superhero, WB should introduce a more capable Batman.

Old 05-13-2013, 02:52 AM   #242
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Bale for a Justice League film? No.

Bale in a World's Finest film? Yes.

And why do I say yes to the latter? The idea of pitting Nolan's very human Batman up against a super-powered god of an alien would be like a CBM version of 'east meets west' in many ways, and that's how I'd do a WF film anyways. Not using the Batgod from the comics, but a very real human Batman that has his moments and isn't knowledgable with everything at hand compared to an alien that is this almighty superhero, the granddaddy of them all.

But, yes, in a JL universe with more than one alien and more than one god-like superhero, WB should introduce a more capable Batman.
I wouldnt even go so far as to call Bale's Bats less capable. I'd be willing to bet if Bale's human body was capable of jumping 10 feet in the air and throw several batarangs (of many different varieties) with pin point accuracy... Then he would be just as capable as comic book Batman. But since the human body isn't capable of this, a realistic Batman might look something like a fool in a Justice League film.

In other words, we need a Batman who is less realistic.

Old 05-13-2013, 04:00 AM   #243
tek
Side-Kick

enjoyed IM3. In MOS's favour is their cast especially Crowe and Shannon. In terms of quality those 2 are their potential trump card

tek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:32 AM   #244
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
I have zero interest in Bale ever returning as Batman. Him and Cavill will be strange as Shikamaru has stated his detective skills would not be up to par to be in JL. Also, I'd rather see Batman around the same age as Superman, at least looks wise. Also, I don't have a problem with the voice, I really don't but enough is enough. I don't want to hear that when speaking with Supes.
they dont look that far looks wise

TDKR(2012)

MOS(2013)

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:05 AM   #245
king666
(‿)

Quote:

king666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:26 PM   #246
kedrell

I expect MoS will likely end up in the 70's %-wise on RT which would be a best ever for Snyder. I've never expected it to be great but I hold out hope that it can be good. We need at least a good one this year.

Old 05-14-2013, 06:06 PM   #247
Anno_Domini
Banned User

I truly think it'll be in the 80 percentile myself. Probably even Batman Begin's same rating on RT.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:57 PM   #248
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
I wouldnt even go so far as to call Bale's Bats less capable. I'd be willing to bet if Bale's human body was capable of jumping 10 feet in the air and throw several batarangs (of many different varieties) with pin point accuracy... Then he would be just as capable as comic book Batman. But since the human body isn't capable of this, a realistic Batman might look something like a fool in a Justice League film.
Bale's Batman is also dumb as bricks. Comic book Batman is almost unnaturally sharp and perceptive. So, aside from comic book physicality, he would need a comic book brain.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:18 PM   #249
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Just because they didn't exaggerate his intelligence doesn't mean he was dumb as bricks. That's a bit harsh, no? I think they can play up the "paranoia" angle that we saw with the sonar machine and fusion reactor if Bale's Batman were ever to hypothetically share the screen with Cavill's Superman in a WF movie. Always having a contingency plan, that sorta thing. Alas, that won't be happening.

Anyway, at this rate I'd be very surprised if Man of Steel wasn't very well-received. I'm even hearing that Star Trek Into Darkness is doing some things that not all fans are going to like (the first one had its haters with certain Trekkies too), so in terms of pure "fanboy love" Man of Steel has a decent shot to rise to the top this summer. Unless of course there's some unthinkable change to the mythos we don't know about yet.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:34 PM   #250
flickchick85
Loose Seal

Snyder's movies have a lot of problems, imo, and those problems were not evident in their trailers, so I don't think MoS is outta the woods yet, despite the great trailers/TV spots. Still, if this movie manages to capture all of Snyder and Nolan/Goyer's strengths, even if it does contain a few of their weaknesses as well, it should still end up being pretty great. I think it will be quite well-received, at least well enough to have people hyped for a sequel.

01000110011011110111001000100000011001010111011001 10010101110010011110010010000001100001011101000110 11110110110100100000011000100110010101101100011011 11011011100110011101101001011011100110011100100000 01110100011011110010000001101101011001010010000001 10000101110011001000000110011101101111011011110110 01000010000001100010011001010110110001101111011011 10011001110111001100100000011101000110111100100000 01111001011011110111010100101110
flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote