Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Ant-Man > Ant-Man

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 02:29 PM   #526
Ant-manic
Banned User

Default Re: The Official Ant-Man News and Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
If Edgar is going to somewhat follow To Steal An Ant-Man I wonder if Pym will know its Lang who stole his costume and keep tabs on him like he did in To Steal An Ant-Man?

Instead of getting knocked out by Cross Technological Enterprises security devices preventing him from helping Lang he could get captured and then later freed by Lang. They then team up to take down the villain.

Instead of working for Stark industries Lang could work for Cross Technological Enterprises.
Is he going to have Cross Technological Enterprises villains Darren Agonistes Cross, Augustine Cross and Crossfire?

Crossfire is a former CIA agent and expert in the field of brainwashing, robotics and cybernetics. They could redesign Crossfires supervillain foot soldiers the Death T.H.R.O.W.S". (Techno Hybird Remotely Operated Weapons Systems) that are robotic constructs that obey only his commands and each carry a small capable arsenal concealed within their armored shells.

I could see Darren Cross as the villain with his Cousin Crossfire as his henchman. I'm not sure if Darren Cross should turn into a pink Hulk though. I would say perhaps he could get superpowered by some of the nanotechnology Edgar was talking about but that would be too similar to Killian.
just my personal preference but i'd still like Advanced Idea Mechanics to be the central villain of the piece. C.T.E could easily be a dummy corporation/front for A.I.M; their public relations taking a hit after the events of Iron Man 3.

i'd leave Darren Agonistes Cross out of it. instead, Crossfire would be a freelance subversive agent/terminated C.I.A operative. given his comic book origin, they could tie him to Lang through rikers island penitentiary. Cross got his start by using behavior modification technology (that's what his mechanical eye does) on inmates. maybe Scott was one of the people he kept track of, in case A.I.M needed a fall guy for something. Cross would be the pretend head of C.T.E; while he actually answers to the Board (actually a triumvirate of A.I.M. scientists). George Tarleton (Killian's replacement), Monica Rappaccini (biotoxin expert & former terrorist), and Elias Starr (who kills Pym's first wife in the opening flashback) who i have in mind.
are
Pym could still be the focus character since A.I.M would want his research (after Pym rejects their offer of recruitment). and none of this gets in the way of Wright's To Steal an Ant-Man story. it's just shortened so that the main action takes place after the theft. Jan's still there in some form (and to later kick Rappaccini's @##). they can just leave it hanging at the end with Hank and Jan viable in case someone other than Wright wants to continue the story.

Old 05-10-2013, 03:01 PM   #527
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

I would like to see A.I.M as the villains but I'm not sure they will show up.

If A.I.M do show up again post-Iron Man 3 I hope they are closer to the comic counterpart.
I like the idea of making Elias Starr (Egghead) a A.I.M member and possibly having the organisation involved in Janet's father and Pym's wife's death.

Old 05-10-2013, 06:13 PM   #528
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
I would like to see A.I.M as the villains but I'm not sure they will show up.

If A.I.M do show up again post-Iron Man 3 I hope they are closer to the comic counterpart.
I like the idea of making Elias Starr (Egghead) a A.I.M member and possibly having the organisation involved in Janet's father and Pym's wife's death.
i hadn't even thought about Vernon Van Dyne. but that could work. the Ant-Man season one book had Egghead accidentally kill Maria; while targeting Pym. i think the driving force behind a lot of the villainy in this movie could be Elias' professional envy. he's only extended membership in Advanced Idea Mechanics after Pym blows them off. anyways, i would expect A.I.M to change a lot since Aldrich isn't diverting their resources into making Stark's life miserable. i think their business plan should be scientific progress without the hindrance of morality and/or ethics. Tarleton would be your typical rule-the-world type. Elias would be in it for profit and acclaim. Rappaccini would be an extreme darwinist; being more the type to use a manufactured disease outbreak to reduce the world's population.

i think their target acquisition would be Pym's artificial intelligence work. this work would later be utilized by S.H.I.E.L.D to make life model decoys. A.I.M was more in it for expendable terrorists and infiltrating government.

Old 05-12-2013, 02:41 PM   #529
ChukNoris
Experienced Bra Fitter

I'm hoping that Ultron shows up in The Avengers 2 and then we see Pym create him in Ant-Man after the Avengers 2

Old 05-13-2013, 02:13 AM   #530
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I would prefer it to be he creates him in Ant Man and Ultron appears in A3.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:55 AM   #531
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Definitely. We need to see Hank before we see Ultron. There's no emotional connection unless we do.

Old 05-13-2013, 09:55 PM   #532
ChukNoris
Experienced Bra Fitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
I think Thanos is being saved for A3

Old 05-13-2013, 11:16 PM   #533
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Definitely. We need to see Hank before we see Ultron. There's no emotional connection unless we do.
i hate to bring this up again but they really have created a hurdle for Pym/Ultron by having Stark demonstrate so many tech feats. to the general audience, Stark is exactly who would be inadvertently creating Ultron, at this point. that first scene with his armor "making out" with Pepper has "what if the armors took on a life of their own" scenario built into it. his armor's sophistication is just a step away from Ultron. then you factor in that Robert Downey jr may be on his way out.

creating and being the one to destroy Ultron seems like an attractive/emotional blaze of glory for the character. motivation: Tony forsees a day when he and his intelligence won't be around to aid the Avengers. his control freak nature compels him to create some kind of backup Iron Man. his creation comes to see him as its father. and it fits because we haven't seen Tony's mother in the movies. it's always his dad. he never got to say goodbye to his emotionally distant father. Ultron's motivation could easily be wanting to please his father but being so screwed up in the "head" that taking over the world is how it goes about it.

mind you, i think this would suck. Pym should get his chance. but i think they've made it difficult for him. they've stepped on his story a bit. Banner's the tragic pacifist scientist w/ emotional issues. Stark's the eccentric genius with daddy issues and, in the last one, PTSD. they even replaced Jarvis with an artificial intelligence. what have they left Hank?

Old 05-14-2013, 12:23 AM   #534
cph9fa
Side-Kick

What if Hank starts out as an AIM scientist?

As part of Extremis, AIM was conducting brain research, and even has the capability to perform real-time scans of someone's brain. In addition, AIM was contracted for tweaking War Machine into Iron Patriot, so they must have a capable robotics division with access to elements of Stark's design. Pym could attempt to merge the two technologies by uploading a scan of his brain into a prototype robotic body built from studying War Machine. Then things go horribly wrong, and he defects to SHIELD in an attempt to redeem himself.

The only things missing are the ants (and the ability to shrink)...

Old 05-14-2013, 02:24 PM   #535
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Hank could always make Ultron out of a jealous attempt to steal some of the glory away from Tony Stark. Then, bam! Everything goes wrong, because Hank Pym *isn't Tony Stark*.

But then, I am 100% fine with having Pym screw up epically, because that is what he does best.

Old 05-16-2013, 01:03 PM   #536
BenKenobi
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Hank could always make Ultron out of a jealous attempt to steal some of the glory away from Tony Stark. Then, bam! Everything goes wrong, because Hank Pym *isn't Tony Stark*.

But then, I am 100% fine with having Pym screw up epically, because that is what he does best.
I really don't want to see something like that. The movies that have held up the best so far are the ones that stand on their own. There can be references but making Tony Stark a major plot point would take the movie goers too far out of the picture.

Old 05-16-2013, 01:53 PM   #537
VictorShade
Side-Kick

Screw Tony having a major part in the creation of Ultron. Or any part as far as I'm concerned. Hank is so far above Tony genius-wise. Doctorate in Physics! Tony is a machine, engineering guy or whatever. Hank does inter-dimensional particle transference! Developed a method to communicate with another species!
Involving Tony too much in Ultrons creation decreases the whole father/son, DR. Frankenstien/Frankenstien, Eodipus thing you get with Hank and Ultron. And what of the extended 'family'? You have to keep Hank as the patriarch of the 'Family' ; Son/Ultron, Grandson/Vision, Nephew-in-law by marriage of brain patterns and synthetic brain/Wonder Man, Great grandad of sorts/ the original Human Torch, Daughter-in law/Jocasta,.....that whole groovy bit!

Old 05-16-2013, 03:37 PM   #538
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

^Amen
Let's remember that before the movies Iron-Man was a C list character.
He doesn't need any more creds.
Let Hank have his own glory and reap the benefits of his own rich comics history. No need to tack on an already established character *just because*

Old 05-16-2013, 04:42 PM   #539
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Iron Man already has his own sentient armor story.
http://marvel.wikia.com/Iron_Man_(Sentient_Armor)

Leave Pym to create Ultron and have Ulton upload versions of itself into Tony's armor like in the comics.

I think it would be cool Ultron took over a number of Tony's armors and attacked the Avengers.

Old 05-16-2013, 05:20 PM   #540
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavor View Post
^Amen
Let's remember that before the movies Iron-Man was a C list character.
actually, he was part of the Big 3 (Captain America, Thor, and Iron Man). if he's C-list, i don't even want to know what Pym was considered to be.

Old 05-16-2013, 05:29 PM   #541
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
actually, he was part of the Big 3 (Captain America, Thor, and Iron Man). if he's C-list, i don't even want to know what Pym was considered to be.
He was a C-lister for the general audience, who might've known of his existence but that didn't necessarily make him a household name, like he now is.

I'm not claiming Pym is as popular as Stark was before the movies or that he will get to Iron Man status after being in his own movie. My point is that if you give a character his own time to shine, without being obscured by another who already has the limelight, then that character will grow in popularity.

Another, perhaps more appropriate example, is Blade. He was even more obscure to the GA than even Pym, yet his solo movie was successful enough to usher 2 sequels and revitalize the CB movie industry.

Old 05-16-2013, 05:31 PM   #542
Chris B
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
It just dawned on me today that the chance of seeing Hank and Janet have now gone close to 0% with the news of Mags kids. I wonder what that does for the Ant-Man film.
I thought the same thing. But I think Quiksilver along with the Scarlet Witch, and possibly Falcon as well, are pretty decent additions to the team.

Though it is disappointing that we may have to way until A3 to see the Pyms join.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:40 AM   #543
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I'd rather him join in in A3 and get a lot of screen time than be in A2 and just be pushed aside.

Old 05-17-2013, 07:16 AM   #544
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Iron Man was a B-Lister before his movie came out.

I don't think a characters comic popularity matters.

You can make a good successful movie out of less popular comic characters if you find a take and approach that will appeal to general audiences.

Old 05-18-2013, 10:07 AM   #545
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

The Sentient Iron Man armor is returning in Hank Pym lead Avengers A.I

Old 05-19-2013, 01:12 PM   #546
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChukNoris View Post
I'm hoping that Ultron shows up in The Avengers 2 and then we see Pym create him in Ant-Man after the Avengers 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Eh. What if that movie does take place in the 80s, like it was once rumored? Pym creates Ultron, his body get's destroyed, but his ai lives on. And his ai is still alive, and a small part of avengers 2. Pym maybe somehow has a role in avengers 2. Through out avengers 2, pym seems to have an emotional struggle with what's going on, seeing this ai. As ultron's ai becomes more dominant. I'm willing to bet somehow his ai has something to do with the "villains". then maybe after credits, we see Ultron building himself a body finally. Then in ant-man, we see Ultron's creation...and then we get like an age of ultron type thing, thanos returns.

There IS plenty of ways they can do their relationship with Ultron being introduced first. Just because Ultron is introduced first, doesn't mean pym created him

Old 05-19-2013, 02:19 PM   #547
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Eh. What if that movie does take place in the 80s, like it was once rumored? Pym creates Ultron, his body get's destroyed, but his ai lives on. And his ai is still alive, and a small part of avengers 2. Pym maybe somehow has a role in avengers 2. Through out avengers 2, pym seems to have an emotional struggle with what's going on, seeing this ai. As ultron's ai becomes more dominant. I'm willing to bet somehow his ai has something to do with the "villains". then maybe after credits, we see Ultron building himself a body finally. Then in ant-man, we see Ultron's creation...and then we get like an age of ultron type thing, thanos returns.

There IS plenty of ways they can do their relationship with Ultron being introduced first. Just because Ultron is introduced first, doesn't mean pym created him
Because that's that's like putting the ending to the trilogy at the beginning, then going back and explaining how the whole thing started in the second movie. Doing that takes away the impact of the ending because you have no context. The reason Ultron works so well as a story is that you see what leads to him and how it connects to Pym. That makes the payoff great. If you rearrange that, it doesn't work as well.

Old 05-19-2013, 05:12 PM   #548
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Eh. What if that movie does take place in the 80s, like it was once rumored?
Part of the movie was rumored to take place in the 1960s not the 1980s unless they have said it does lately and I've not heard about it. I'm not sure if it that remains with the script changes setting things more closesly in the marvel universe

Old 05-20-2013, 02:20 PM   #549
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Part of the movie was rumored to take place in the 1960s not the 1980s unless they have said it does lately and I've not heard about it. I'm not sure if it that remains with the script changes setting things more closesly in the marvel universe
pym's part took place in the 60s. lang's part took place in the 80s.

Old 05-20-2013, 02:44 PM   #550
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

I wouldn't mind seeing a superhero movie set in the 80s (not counting wolverine origins). I would prefer if Ant-Man just took place in the modern days.