The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 05-08-2013, 08:08 AM   #1
RetrogradeOrbit
My own Dark Passenger

Default BFI IMAX meet up thread

There are a number of Hypesters that are going to the BFI IMAX in London for MoS.

This thread is so that we can let one another know who is going and when, so us fellow Superman fans can get together for a natter, before and after, for what is surely going to be, the superhero film of the year or perhaps the decade!

I'll get it started, I'm going to the first showing on the first day
June 14th at 11:15

It goes without saying that a Superman undershirt
is mandatory of course...

I got thrown out of a window! What's the f***ing charge for getting pushed out of a moving car, huh? Jaywalking?

My father gave me one piece of advice. He said "Always. .." No, he said "Never..." well actually he gave me two pieces of advice, I've forgotten the other one. But the important one is, "Never chase a man over a cliff".

Last edited by RetrogradeOrbit; 05-08-2013 at 09:24 AM.
RetrogradeOrbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:04 AM   #2
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Default Re: BFI IMAX meet up thread

I'll be there, Superman undershirt and all. Probably better to meet after, cause i'll be travelling quite early and won't have much time between arriving in London and actually seeing the movie.

I'll keep an eye on what's actually going on, need to arrange what time I am getting the coach back and I guess that depends on how many of us might be about after the film and how long for.

Hopefully see a few people there

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:21 AM   #3
Dark_Lord
Dark Lord of the Sith

I'll be watching the movie at Leicester Square on June 14 at 20:40 and then twice in IMAX 3D on June 15. Once at 10:30 and once at 20:45. Those were the only IMAX 3D showings I thought had good seats left since I booked late.

Anyone else going to the premiere on June 12? You can't actually watch the movie then, but you do get to watch the cast, crew and whatever celebrities will arrive and hopefully get some autographs.

Dark_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:58 PM   #4
Uroboric Forms
Your Move, Creep

I'm going to the 5PM showing, if anybody.. no? Oh, OK then

Uroboric Forms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:12 PM   #5
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Lord View Post
I'll be watching the movie at Leicester Square on June 14 at 20:40 and then twice in IMAX 3D on June 15. Once at 10:30 and once at 20:45. Those were the only IMAX 3D showings I thought had good seats left since I booked late.

Anyone else going to the premiere on June 12? You can't actually watch the movie then, but you do get to watch the cast, crew and whatever celebrities will arrive and hopefully get some autographs.
How'd you get into the premiere? Soooo jel

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 05-08-2013, 05:18 PM   #6
Glassjaw
In training

9pm showing on the 14th for me!

Glassjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:19 PM   #7
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

You guys should do a video, that'd be fun to watch.

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Nemeres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:40 PM   #8
Dark_Lord
Dark Lord of the Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
How'd you get into the premiere? Soooo jel
I didn't get IN the premiere. Like I said in my previous post, anyone can go. Not to watch the movie with the cast/crew and the rest of the celebrities, but to stand around the closed area of the red carpet, see them arrive and hopefully get some autographs.

Like in this video, from the Superman Returns premiere in London
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I was actually there. I was able to get autographs from Routh, Bosworth, Singer and one of the writers (I THINK it was Harris). Unfortunately, I didn't get Spacey's.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:57 AM   #9
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Lord View Post
I didn't get IN the premiere. Like I said in my previous post, anyone can go. Not to watch the movie with the cast/crew and the rest of the celebrities, but to stand around the closed area of the red carpet, see them arrive and hopefully get some autographs.

Like in this video, from the Superman Returns premiere in London
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I was actually there. I was able to get autographs from Routh, Bosworth, Singer and one of the writers (I THINK it was Harris). Unfortunately, I didn't get Spacey's.
Ah, okay I didn't read that well

I'd love to have gone, but that day is the day after my workmates birthday and I already agreed to cover his shift

If you go, take lots of pics of Cavill for me!

*\S/T*
Old 05-11-2013, 09:13 AM   #10
Dark_Lord
Dark Lord of the Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
Ah, okay I didn't read that well

I'd love to have gone, but that day is the day after my workmates birthday and I already agreed to cover his shift

If you go, take lots of pics of Cavill for me!
Definitely going. I've already booked everything I need. I'll be posting a lot of pics and probably a couple of videos. Let's hope I get a good spot. I'll be arriving in London the day of the premiere, so I'll have to hurry.

Just one month left!

Old 05-11-2013, 09:18 AM   #11
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Awesome

*\S/T*
Old 05-12-2013, 07:12 AM   #12
RetrogradeOrbit
My own Dark Passenger

Indirectly related, I am off to the BFI IMAX in exactly one week to see STID! Woohoo!!!

However, if I am honest, I am far more excited about going to see MoS on June the 14th at the same venue...

`Twill be fun!

I got thrown out of a window! What's the f***ing charge for getting pushed out of a moving car, huh? Jaywalking?

My father gave me one piece of advice. He said "Always. .." No, he said "Never..." well actually he gave me two pieces of advice, I've forgotten the other one. But the important one is, "Never chase a man over a cliff".
Old 05-12-2013, 07:44 AM   #13
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

I hope you enjoy ST:ID. I wasn't expecting to be able to enjoy any film much while i'm this excited about MOS, but I was totally proven wrong. Blew me away! And I'm sure it'll just look amazing on the IMAX screen

*\S/T*
Old 05-13-2013, 06:08 AM   #14
RetrogradeOrbit
My own Dark Passenger

Gosh darn it! I hope so...