The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Old 05-13-2013, 05:17 AM   #26
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Default Re: Should Fox pull a "Star Wars" with X3 & Wolverine?

I was thinking of doing that Xavier edit. It would be very easy to cut from the car pulling up at Jean's, to Young Charles and Eric sitting inside the house.

An X3 edit is on my mind, but I'll wait to see DOFP before I do anything.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:07 PM   #27
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

I think it could be a very a bad idea to change plot points in the previous movies. It will just confuse the audience if suddenly Rogue doesn't take the cure, or Cyclops/Xavier doesn't get vaporised. People will be asking which versions of the films are canon.

Singer will correct stuff in DoFP and probably still correct other stuff in the next film after that. Better to work with what's been done than try to pretend it didn't happen.

It could well be that the scenarios with Rogue being cured and Xavier being blown up are depicted as part of an alternate timeline anyway, so that gets rid of those things straight away without the cost and fuss of recutting the movies.

They should never have cured Rogue, killed Cyclops and Xavier or stuffed the Cure and Phoenix plots into one movie with virtually no connection between the two storylines. And I say that as someone who is not one of the bitter haters of The Last Stand. It's obvious by the poor legs of TLS, the mixed reviews and the audience turn-off affecting the next two films that several elements of X3 were not clever things to do.

Even with Paquin's limited availability in X3, they could still have shown the alternative scene of her NOT taking the cure. And they could have deployed Cyclops in a much better way.

Thankfully, Rothman has gone but we do still have Kinberg on board and he is still an unknown quantity because all we have to go on as far as X-Men credentials is the X3 script. Hopefully, Bryan Singer will filter out anything that has a whiff of The Last Stand about it.

Old 05-13-2013, 11:36 PM   #28
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I think it could be a very a bad idea to change plot points in the previous movies. It will just confuse the audience if suddenly Rogue doesn't take the cure, or Cyclops/Xavier doesn't get vaporised. People will be asking which versions of the films are canon.
Exactly but of course some fanboys don't care if casuals get confused by that as long as they get a good movie or they get the movie that they prefer.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:35 AM   #29
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Exactly but of course some fanboys don't care if casuals get confused by that as long as they get a good movie or they get the movie that they prefer.
I have no objection to new versions if they are marketed as such. If they just reissue the previous films and suddenly different things happen in the story, it could be confusing.

Old 05-26-2013, 11:00 AM   #30
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

There really isn't all that much that needs to be 'fixed' insofar as the existing films in the franchise are concerned, and a simple re-jiggering of the timeline of the X-Trilogy's events would fix most of the things that do need to be be adjusted to reflect later canon. Just put all 3 films as taking place in 2000 and the events of The Wolverine as taking place in 2001 or later, and all timeline issues are resolved.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
Quote:
"There is no "supposed to be." It's an adaptation, a word that literally means change. Why bother making a new version if it doesn't offer a fresh approach?" - Christopher L. Bennett
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:52 PM   #31
NicoleZoltack
Side-Kick

I hope that DOFP sets up like Star Trek with an alternate present where Rogue didn't take the cure and Professor X and Cyclops didn't die. Cyclops was never one of my favorite characters but even I will say his character got the shaft in the movies.

NicoleZoltack is offline   Reply With Quote