The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 08:01 PM   #826
Merlo
Banned User

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 3

I hope that the movie doesn't devote too much time to crappy TMNT characters. THE MOVIE MUST HAVE ENOUGH ACTION TO BALANCE OUT THE BORING STUFF THAT HAPPENS WHEN NO ACTION IS INVOLVED. Sorry for the caps guys. I'm not interested in crap like April's boss, or Vernon or Irma (if she's in it that is), the movie being pretty serious without being too serious is a must to me.

I really hope this is the epic some of us have been waiting for for years. One that is on a bigger scale with plenty of mutants.

Last edited by Merlo; 05-13-2013 at 08:15 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:29 AM   #827
ShredderX
Side-Kick

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
And whether alien, reincarnated or Demon, he was still Oroku Saki. Japanese, in Ch'rell's case, a robotic suit with the appearance of a Japanese Oroku Saki, and in most cases leader of the Foot. An army of highly trained Ninjas. Everything from classic, to Elite, to high tech Cyber Ninjas. He even made mystical elements his b**ch.
And had Baxter Stockman tortured and mutilated until he was nothing more than an eye ball attached to a brain and spinal cord in a tank.

Old 05-14-2013, 02:06 AM   #828
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalith View Post
Movie is going to suck unless it's dark and gritty. A lot of the appeal of the first film is that everything looked filthy and raw. The best scenes were at night, when they were covered with sewer and rainwater and moonlight was reflecting off their skin.

They should just model the new Shredder after Super Shredder, but with cybernetics.
I was with you right up till the statement at the end. Really a cybernetic super shredder

I'm really starting to think the whole army general version of the guy may not be the dumbest thing I've heard off.

Sure why not base his appearance off the coming out of our shells tour

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 05-14-2013, 02:18 AM   #829
DrDoom
Dictator

I am still disappointed that Super Shredder was only in TMNT 2 for about 30 sec and was killed so easily. Loved his design

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
Old 05-14-2013, 02:29 AM   #830
Octoberist
point blank

I've often wonder if the reason why Super Shredder lasted only for 30 seconds was because they were running out of money.

Old 05-14-2013, 11:47 AM   #831
I'm Old Greg
do you love me?

Probably ^ they filmed two Iron man endings the first was cut then the final battle with Rourke was so short cause of spending it on the first ending.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:11 PM   #832
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

if they don't have the shredder and have the foot be ninjas then bay and the director have really lost it

Old 05-14-2013, 12:51 PM   #833
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/05/14...aphael-trailer

The Raphael gameplay from the new game. Just something I hope they're looking at in regards to the aesthetic.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:52 PM   #834
Merlo
Banned User

Super Shredder didn't even get to beat anyone up.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:53 PM   #835
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Super Shredder was lame anyway. It's just too bad they kiddyfied the 2nd Movie. At least it was still fun.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:57 PM   #836
Merlo
Banned User

Quote:
Super Shredder was lame anyway. It's just too bad they kiddyfied the 2nd Movie. At least it was still fun.
To be fair, the first TMNT movie was on the kiddyfied side as well, it was kid friendly too.

Old 05-14-2013, 02:03 PM   #837
Nathan

Splinter in chains and tortured, a half to death beaten Raphael, mild cursing, a life and death battle on the roof with Shredder and Leonardo actually cutting him, Shredder being crushed to "death". It wasn't the Crow, but not on the level of kiddyfied like TMNT2.

Last edited by Nathan; 05-14-2013 at 02:12 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:11 PM   #838
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

The 2nd film was a live-action version of the cartoon. Hated the lack of weapon use.

Old 05-14-2013, 02:23 PM   #839
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

with vernon and now irma being cast it really seems like its the 80's toon brought to life

so bebop and rocksteady may actually be the one highlight of the film

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
Old 05-14-2013, 02:33 PM   #840
culver3vlr22
Side-Kick

The first movie was more violent still very kiddie with its jokes. The 2nd seemed to just be jokes. And watching the 2nd film when the turtles are talking during a fight the foot just kinda stand there and let em talk it's really really stupid.

Old 05-14-2013, 05:19 PM   #841
I'm Old Greg
do you love me?

I read when the Matrix came out if a movie has over a certain amount of kicks to the head it is given an R rating

And The First Turtles movie had like over a dozen..

And Leo cuts a foot soldiers ankles with his swords.

The first movie was the Best. Great acting Awesome characters good balance of fun and dark moments.

Old 05-14-2013, 07:42 PM   #842
Cassandra Cain
C'mon! Let's get NUTS!

Quote:
Splinter in chains and tortured, a half to death beaten Raphael, mild cursing, a life and death battle on the roof with Shredder and Leonardo actually cutting him, Shredder being crushed to "death". It wasn't the Crow, but not on the level of kiddyfied like TMNT2.
And that's why the first is my favorite. Both kids and adults can enjoy it equally. It's a lot darker than most people remember. Hopefully it keeps a similar tone in this new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
so bebop and rocksteady may actually be the one highlight of the film
Oh, Christ no.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:27 PM   #843
Victarion
Cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
I've often wonder if the reason why Super Shredder lasted only for 30 seconds was because they were running out of money.
I've wondered what Super Shredder looked like; did the mutagen turn him into a grotesque of some kind or just a giant?

Old 05-14-2013, 09:00 PM   #844
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
That's possible. They also didn't have the money to reveal the Utroms.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 05-14-2013, 10:27 PM   #845
ShredderX
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wooden Alligator View Post
I've wondered what Super Shredder looked like; did the mutagen turn him into a grotesque of some kind or just a giant?
Basiacally. The Mutagen in the movie was basically non-lethal radioactive waste, and not the extra-dimensional animal/ human hybrid maker. Still doens't make sense how his armour was effected when mutagenics deal with biological subjects.

Old 05-14-2013, 10:59 PM   #846
Megalith
Banned User

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SG_c...u.be&t=1h1m25s

Will you listen to this music.

Old 05-15-2013, 02:20 AM   #847
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassandra Cain View Post

Oh, Christ no.
Why no

So far the idea of seeing them finally is the only decent thing. Though I could be wrong and we get mutant skids and mudflaps

Old 05-15-2013, 07:12 AM   #848
scifiwolf
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalith View Post
Man I love that movie.

Old 05-15-2013, 07:23 AM   #849
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

For anyone interested in the original script (just a detailed run through of it), here's LR's vid:

http://tmntnottant.blogspot.com/2012...w-of-tant.html

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 05-15-2013 at 07:30 AM.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:42 AM   #850
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
For anyone interested in the original script (just a detailed run through of it), here's LR's vid:

http://tmntnottant.blogspot.com/2012...w-of-tant.html
Ho... ly... crap... I heard that the script was bad, but I could have never imagined that it was this bad. Who the **** thought that a Mutant, well I guess Alien Shredder, who grows spikes and has razor sharp teeth was a good idea? F**k... Utrom Shredder is a brilliant idea in comparison.

Closed Thread