The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

View Poll Results: How many more movies w/ Original Cast do you want?
X4 (Just one more movie with full original cast) 7 38.89%
X4 & X5 4 22.22%
X4, X5 & X6 (A new trilogy) 5 27.78%
more 2 11.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2013, 08:04 AM   #1
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default How many more movies would you like with >Original Cast<?

Taking into account that Days of future past is like a Big Crossover, more than an actual X4...

How many more movies would you like with full original cast?

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:29 PM   #2
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,986
Default Re: How many more movies would you like with >Original Cast<?

I want five more! For me, DOFP is X4.

So X5, X6, X7, X8 and X9.

X9 as the final movie! Well FOX should end this series with the original cast.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | ROGUE | PORTRAYED BY ANNA PAQUIN
"The first boy I ever kissed ended up in a coma for three weeks. I can still feel him inside my head." - X1
"Bobby is gifted. You should see what he can do." - X2
"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:57 PM   #3
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka
 
SuperT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 5,585
Default Re: How many more movies would you like with >Original Cast<?

I don't think they're going to come anywhere close to having five, if they even do another one with the original cast after DOFP because I could certainly see that happening.

Personally, I think the more feasible idea is just to use DOFP to reset or start a new alternate timeline then just continue on with the First Class cast. That way they aren't bound to any continuity from the earlier franchise so they can recast roles such as Storm, Jean Grey, and Scott while sticking the with up and comers from First Class.

It would really be a shame, and quite frankly, kinda stupid of Fox to ditch actors such as Lawrence, Fassbender, McAvoy, and Hoult who are very much on the come up in new Hollywood right now in favor of the older cast. Not to say that the older cast are inferior but A) they can't keep playing the same characters for 3-4 additional movies, nor would any of them probably want to and B) they don't nearly have the same star power (maybe except Jackman) to pull new people in.

It also keeps the franchise fresh and deters stagnation.

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:14 AM   #4
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,986
Default Re: How many more movies would you like with >Original Cast<?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
Personally, I think the more feasible idea is just to use DOFP to reset or start a new alternate timeline then just continue on with the First Class cast. That way they aren't bound to any continuity from the earlier franchise so they can recast roles such as Storm, Jean Grey, and Scott while sticking the with up and comers from First Class.

It would really be a shame, and quite frankly, kinda stupid of Fox to ditch actors such as Lawrence, Fassbender, McAvoy, and Hoult who are very much on the come up in new Hollywood right now in favor of the older cast. Not to say that the older cast are inferior but A) they can't keep playing the same characters for 3-4 additional movies, nor would any of them probably want to and B) they don't nearly have the same star power (maybe except Jackman) to pull new people in.

It also keeps the franchise fresh and deters stagnation.
Hugh, Anna, Halle, Shawn, Daniel, Ellen can definitely play their character for another 3 to 4 movies. None of them are even hesitant to comeback. Even if Lawrence, Fassbender, McAvoy and Hoult are hotter actors these days, the general audience are still more familiar with the original cast and the characters that they portrayed in the original trilogy. DOFP is getting a lot of buzz because of the returning actors from the original cast. They should just bring back the original cast (full-time), like what Universal did to Fast/Furious serious when they brought back Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Michelle Rodriguez and the rest of the gang and brought in new cast members in the next films like Dwayne Johnson. X-Men could totally follow the same direction.

Reset or alternate timeline wouldn't work for the X-Men. It worked for Star Trek because hello the gap between Star Trek 11 and the last film that featured Nimoy/Shatner as the main characters was so huge, at least 15 years. It can easily be seen as a reboot, but the X-Men? X3 is still not ancient and DOFP will be seen as X4 to most people since the majority of the cast/characters were in X3. A reset wouldn't help the franchise, it could just turn off the general audience who wants to see more films with Hugh Jackman/Halle Berry/the company.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | ROGUE | PORTRAYED BY ANNA PAQUIN
"The first boy I ever kissed ended up in a coma for three weeks. I can still feel him inside my head." - X1
"Bobby is gifted. You should see what he can do." - X2
"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 05-10-2013 at 12:36 AM.
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:48 PM   #5
magneto23
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 392
Default Re: How many more movies would you like with >Original Cast<?

They have time for one MAYBE two films(If they knock them out back to back) with the original cast. That's it. You have to assume 2016 would be the earliest but 2017/18 is more realistic for an X4. By that time how much will Jackman and Berry have left? Both will be pushing 50. Too old IMO. Most of the GA will be ready for new fresher faces by then IMO.

magneto23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:00 PM   #6
MarvelU
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,113
Default Re: How many more movies would you like with >Original Cast<?

I say 1 or two more. They should introduce Apocalypse in one of these films.

MarvelU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:09 PM   #7
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,986
Default Re: How many more movies would you like with >Original Cast<?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magneto23 View Post
They have time for one MAYBE two films(If they knock them out back to back) with the original cast. That's it. You have to assume 2016 would be the earliest but 2017/18 is more realistic for an X4. By that time how much will Jackman and Berry have left? Both will be pushing 50. Too old IMO. Most of the GA will be ready for new fresher faces by then IMO.
Age isn't really a big deal to general audience especially when it comes to movie franchises. As long as studios are earning good amount of money, they will release another movie and as long the cast doesn't look too old and fragile and if the story is good, it won't turn off the general audience.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | ROGUE | PORTRAYED BY ANNA PAQUIN
"The first boy I ever kissed ended up in a coma for three weeks. I can still feel him inside my head." - X1
"Bobby is gifted. You should see what he can do." - X2
"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 05-10-2013 at 11:29 PM.
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:22 PM   #8
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,650
Default Re: How many more movies would you like with >Original Cast<?

I'd say AOA then call it quits. Everything really depends on how good DOfP is for me and where it leaves the franchise. I do want to see a new take that's unrelated to Singer's films though tbh.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:02 PM   #9
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary
 
X-Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Genosha
Posts: 12,892
Default Re: How many more movies would you like with >Original Cast<?

We could get one or two films more out of the original cast, and perhaps a third that's a crossover with Fantastic Four.

By that point, it will probably be time for a total reboot.

And by that time, Marvel/Disney may be more involved. I don't know how long Singer and Vaughn will stay involved before being pulled away by other projects. It's worth noting that Marvel are slowly getting back many of the other rights - Ghost Rider has now gone back to them from Sony as well as Fox's Daredevil. In the next decade there might at least be more Marvel/Fox crossovers.

Who knows how long Hugh, Halle etc will stay involved. They're getting Arnie back into the Conan role so it's possible for veteran actors to stay with (or return to) a franchise.

__________________
Noah 3/10, Godzilla 6/10, CA:TWS 7/10, GoTG 7.5/10, X-Men: Days of Future Past 9/10
X-Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:46 PM   #10
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,986
Default Re: How many more movies would you like with >Original Cast<?

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
And by that time, Marvel/Disney may be more involved. I don't know how long Singer and Vaughn will stay involved before being pulled away by other projects. It's worth noting that Marvel are slowly getting back many of the other rights - Ghost Rider has now gone back to them from Sony as well as Fox's Daredevil. In the next decade there might at least be more Marvel/Fox crossovers.

Who knows how long Hugh, Halle etc will stay involved. They're getting Arnie back into the Conan role so it's possible for veteran actors to stay with (or return to) a franchise.
Well to be fair, Marvel only got the movie rights back for Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Blade and Punisher because the movies that were released for those characters weren't massive hits and except for Ghost Rider, the studio were simply not that interested to them because if they were, they would have continued the series by either rebooting them on time like Spider-Man or they will just release a new movie like with the X-Men.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | ROGUE | PORTRAYED BY ANNA PAQUIN
"The first boy I ever kissed ended up in a coma for three weeks. I can still feel him inside my head." - X1
"Bobby is gifted. You should see what he can do." - X2
"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:02 AM   #11
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary
 
X-Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Genosha
Posts: 12,892
Default Re: How many more movies would you like with >Original Cast<?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Well to be fair, Marvel only got the movie rights back for Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Blade and Punisher because the movies that were released for those characters weren't massive hits and except for Ghost Rider, the studio were simply not that interested to them because if they were, they would have continued the series by either rebooting them on time like Spider-Man or they will just release a new movie like with the X-Men.
It's pretty obvious that Marvel/Disney is creeping closer though. By saying they are using Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver in Avengers 2, rather than Wasp or Warbird or Vision for instance, then they are slightly undermining the X-franchise as much as they can. Two mutant children of the X-franchise's key, long-standing villain will now appear in Marvel's films. And when Disney bought up the Star Wars series, Fox had to scrap its 3D re-releases of the existing films.

The onus is on Fox to deliver the goods. I hope that pressure is felt in a positive way in making the X-Men films as good as possible, so that they finally get the box office they deserve. I don't know how long Singer's going to stick around before he gets weary and goes off to another project like Battlestar, Excalibur, etc. It's a shame there isn't a Whedon waiting in the wings - someone who knows the comics inside out and is able to translate that to the big screen in a monumental way.

__________________
Noah 3/10, Godzilla 6/10, CA:TWS 7/10, GoTG 7.5/10, X-Men: Days of Future Past 9/10
X-Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:18 AM   #12
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: How many more movies would you like with >Original Cast<?

for some reason, after what have happened with Marvel Studios, Avengers and Whedon.... I have the feeling that Singer wants to be the Josh Whedon of Fox/X-Men franchise from now. At least for one more movie and producing and being the main Fox's consultant for next ones.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:09 AM   #13
SoNicRaDiATioN
warming the ocean cold
 
SoNicRaDiATioN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,696
Default Re: How many more movies would you like with >Original Cast<?

^
They hired Millar for consultation.

I see one or two more films with the original cast, with Bryan as director.

__________________
GuardiansoftheGalaxyTheAvengersX2WinterSoldierDaysofFuturePast
SoNicRaDiATioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:41 AM   #14
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: How many more movies would you like with >Original Cast<?

of course they have Millar...... but when Fox has the creator of the franchise back on board.... who will have more control? Millar or Singer?

I guess all of us know the answer

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:43 PM   #15
henzINNIT
Side-Kick
 
henzINNIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,858
Default Re: How many more movies would you like with >Original Cast<?

I could see one or two more being possible, and I'd certainly love to see the original cast continue on. At this point in time, it's hard to say. DOFP will dictate exactly where the series is headed.

The most interesting characters are tied to the original series, but the newer cast are picking up steam as rising stars. I'm starting to think the time travel device may be used to catapult characters from different generations into one group; exploit the best of both.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:10 PM   #16
Human Torch
OK,who brought the dog?
 
Human Torch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 8,222
Default Re: How many more movies would you like with >Original Cast<?

I'd like as many as they are willing to make!I voted a new trilogy,since it seems reasonable.

I think realistically,we probably will be lucky to get one more Wolverine solo film (provided The Wolverine does well.) much less any more adventures with the original cast.

Human Torch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:58 PM   #17
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,986
Default Re: How many more movies would you like with >Original Cast<?

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
It's pretty obvious that Marvel/Disney is creeping closer though. By saying they are using Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver in Avengers 2, rather than Wasp or Warbird or Vision for instance, then they are slightly undermining the X-franchise as much as they can. Two mutant children of the X-franchise's key, long-standing villain will now appear in Marvel's films. And when Disney bought up the Star Wars series, Fox had to scrap its 3D re-releases of the existing films.

The onus is on Fox to deliver the goods. I hope that pressure is felt in a positive way in making the X-Men films as good as possible, so that they finally get the box office they deserve. I don't know how long Singer's going to stick around before he gets weary and goes off to another project like Battlestar, Excalibur, etc. It's a shame there isn't a Whedon waiting in the wings - someone who knows the comics inside out and is able to translate that to the big screen in a monumental way.
It doesn't matter if MCU uses Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver since they didn't even appear in a X-Men movie before. As long as they don't start releasing X-Men animated films in theaters, there's nothing to worry about. Marvel will only get the rights from Sony and FOX, when those 2 stopped releasing movies for Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four and the X-Men.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | ROGUE | PORTRAYED BY ANNA PAQUIN
"The first boy I ever kissed ended up in a coma for three weeks. I can still feel him inside my head." - X1
"Bobby is gifted. You should see what he can do." - X2
"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:12 AM   #18
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: How many more movies would you like with >Original Cast<?

Fox wont let the X-Men rights go, thats for sure.

Will be interesting to see how far they go with the two current casts.

They could easily keep moving with the whole cast or part of it... and adding new characters/actors will let them continue without the need to have all the actors that started the series, either X1, or FC1.

I wonder how much time it will take for Fox to release next spin-off.

If they really want to have a similar take as Marvel Studios, releasing not only team movies..... I think we'll get a new spin-off sooner rather than later.

DOFP will be huge, so that will give them the confidence to make the x-men movie universe even bigger, giving the greenlight to the second spin-off after Wolverine. What will it be?...

we'll have to wait one year or so I guess

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:43 PM   #19
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,986
Default Re: How many more movies would you like with >Original Cast<?

They should just move on with the original trilogy cast. I'm telling you if First Class ended up as a bad movie, people wouldn't be asking for First Class 2, First Class 3. X3 sucked but still the general audience are still waiting for an X-Men 4 movie!

And FOX shouldn't follow the same route of Marvel Studios, Marvel Studios has a lot of properties compare to FOX that can be turn into a movie. With FOX, they only have X-Men, Wolverine and Fantastic Four. Making movies for Deadpool, Storm, a prequel movie would be a risk.

In my opinion, go to back to basics for a while, it worked for the original trilogy and it might work again. Make team films with Hugh/Halle/company and include new cast members. Maybe after another trilogy, they could make spin-off movies again or a cross-over film with Fantastic Four.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | ROGUE | PORTRAYED BY ANNA PAQUIN
"The first boy I ever kissed ended up in a coma for three weeks. I can still feel him inside my head." - X1
"Bobby is gifted. You should see what he can do." - X2
"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:38 AM   #20
SoNicRaDiATioN
warming the ocean cold
 
SoNicRaDiATioN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,696
Default Re: How many more movies would you like with >Original Cast<?

I agree. As much as I'd love a Deadpool or X-Force film, X-Men is the dynasty. In the comics, in animation, and in film. It's the X-Men that spearheaded Marvel (and the comic industry) for twenty years. If DoFP is the magnum opus that many of us non-cynics expect, then FOX would be wise to follow the road that the first trilogy was on. Build to an apex, then do spin-offs from there. Even a Wolverine solo film is an unknown quantity at this point in time, that says it all.

__________________
GuardiansoftheGalaxyTheAvengersX2WinterSoldierDaysofFuturePast
SoNicRaDiATioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:13 AM   #21
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,986
Default Re: How many more movies would you like with >Original Cast<?

I couldn't agree more!

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | ROGUE | PORTRAYED BY ANNA PAQUIN
"The first boy I ever kissed ended up in a coma for three weeks. I can still feel him inside my head." - X1
"Bobby is gifted. You should see what he can do." - X2
"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:43 AM   #22
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,650
Default Re: How many more movies would you like with >Original Cast<?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNicRaDiATioN View Post
If DoFP is the magnum opus that many of us non-cynics expect, then FOX would be wise to follow the road that the first trilogy was on. Build to an apex, then do spin-offs from there.Even a Wolverine solo film is an unknown quantity at this point in time, that says it all.
I think thats part of the issue though.Since they aren't rebooting they have had more then enough time to do that, and this film does seem to be the apex for the franchise. The first thing to prove is that they can make a good X-men movie, but after that it's very important they bring on a bigger Universe. The franchise can't stay like it was, even with the same cast. Comic films have evolved and this frnachise needs to feel new not old.

Seems X-Men fans are always wanting more characters and development regardless of how many characters are already in a film. X2 included. I think that says alot. Very few have got the attention they deserve, and they have had the time. It's always "I want Jean, Nightcrawler and Cyclops back", "can Gambit be in this?", "I can't believe they don't have Psylocke", "Wtf so no Banshee?", "I want to see Polaris, Cable, Sunfire etc". Theres a strong unmet demand to see all these characters. Unfortunately the route they have gone with one main film hasn't really left anything open for the supporting roles like NIghtcrawler, Emma Frost, Havok, or Gambit even when they are introduced. They kind of just bring them in to drop em out when fans want alot more. Cause of all that, and just the huge size of the X-Men universe it's pretty much fact Fox's previous way of handling X-Men is not gonna reach it's potential with just one film every 3 years. Even aside from teams like X-Force and X-Factor there are just too may characters to just shove in one film and risk losing by the next if they continue like this.

They have a ton of different options without us really knowing much. So regardless of how they handle it, Fox's situation to me is the most interesting of all the Marvel studios.


Last edited by def28; 05-16-2013 at 07:28 AM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:47 AM   #23
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: How many more movies would you like with >Original Cast<?

agree about the old formula not being enough anymore.

With the two casts they have now, they could easily have two series at the same time, or at least, do X4, X5 first and then a FC sequel, with the actors a bit older and bigger yet, and of course with new faces and a few big actors on the cast, as supporting roles or villain.

But just one movie each three years is to play cheap and to waste the potential of the huge x-men universe.

Im not saying they have to release two movies a year as Marvel, since that means too much money on the same franchise, but at least they can start with a 2 years gap from now and see how it will work for them.

At the end of the day, we have The Wolverine this year, and DOFP next one, so they can easily follow this route, but with the team movies, and maybe a new spinoff.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:06 AM   #24
SoNicRaDiATioN
warming the ocean cold
 
SoNicRaDiATioN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,696
Default Re: How many more movies would you like with >Original Cast<?

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
I think thats part of the issue though.Since they aren't rebooting they have had more then enough time to do that, and this film does seem to be the apex for the franchise. The first thing to prove is that they can make a good X-men movie, but after that it's very important they bring on a bigger Universe. The franchise can't stay like it was, even with the same cast. Comic films have evolved and this frnachise needs to feel new not old.

Seems X-Men fans are always wanting more characters and development regardless of how many characters are already in a film. X2 included. I think that says alot. Very few have got the attention they deserve, and they have had the time. It's always "I want Jean, Nightcrawler and Cyclops back", "can Gambit be in this?", "I can't believe they don't have Psylocke", "Wtf so no Banshee?", "I want to see Polaris, Cable, Sunfire etc". Theres a strong unmet demand to see all these characters. Unfortunately the route they have gone with one main film hasn't really left anything open for the supporting roles like NIghtcrawler, Emma Frost, Havok, or Gambit even when they are introduced. They kind of just bring them in to drop em out when fans want alot more. Cause of all that, and just the huge size of the X-Men universe it's pretty much fact Fox's previous way of handling X-Men is not gonna reach it's potential with just one film every 3 years. Even aside from teams like X-Force and X-Factor there are just too may characters to just shove in one film and risk losing by the next if they continue like this.

They have a ton of different options without us really knowing much. So regardless of how they handle it, Fox's situation to me is the most interesting of all the Marvel studios.
I get your point, but I kind of see this as a new beginning for the franchise (along with The Wolverine). It's an apex no doubt, but they will definitely try to build to a bigger one from this point. If Fox didn't screw the pooch with X3 and Origins, I think we would have gotten what you are asking to some extent. More characters, solo films, X-Men films with different rosters etc. I think Fox obviously wants to go the MS route with these characters, but I think a couple, or even one more epic film (after DoFP) under the X-Men moniker is the way to do it. As good as FC was as a film, it didnt make its mark as a pop culture event. If Wolverine and DoFP strike gold beyond everyone's expectations, then it may change things. They have to recapture the GA's imagination to the point where they can't stop thinking about the next X-Men film. That's the way it is now with the Avengers. It's why we're getting a GoTG film.....We are far from that point in the X-verse imho. And MS had the advantage of these characters (minus Hulk) not being seen before (and not being screwed up either).

Ultimately we're in agreement on what this universe should and could be, we just see a different timetable.

__________________
GuardiansoftheGalaxyTheAvengersX2WinterSoldierDaysofFuturePast

Last edited by SoNicRaDiATioN; 05-16-2013 at 11:27 AM.
SoNicRaDiATioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:19 PM   #25
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,650
Default Re: How many more movies would you like with >Original Cast<?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNicRaDiATioN View Post
I get your point, but I kind of see this as a new beginning for the franchise (along with The Wolverine). It's an apex no doubt, but they will definitely try to build to a bigger one from this point.
To me this is just a larger sequel right now. I guess I kind of look at FC and The Wolverine as being new starting points in some ways. But at the same time they still rely heavily on the OT. Until I know how DofP ends it's tough for me to see this all as a new beginning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNicRaDiATioN View Post
Ultimately we're in agreement on what this universe should and could be, we just see a different timetable.
Fair enough.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:25 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.