The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2013, 06:04 PM   #101
S. Grundy
Side-Kick
 
S. Grundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,825
Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique: Oscar Winner Edition - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
I don't think you could call Jennifer Lawrence chubby in any way, shape, or form. She definitely is not chubby at all.

What she is, however, is soft.
Rebecca Romain looked athletic and toned, like she could easily beat your ass
Lawrence is just an average thin girl, who does not look in any way intimidating


but whatever, I just hope they fix her makeup, and that she and the writers work to improve her awful dialogue this time around
She looks like a healthy woman in her 20s.

S. Grundy is offline  
Old 05-14-2013, 06:07 PM   #102
Chip
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 41
Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique: Oscar Winner Edition - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
I don't think you could call Jennifer Lawrence chubby in any way, shape, or form. She definitely is not chubby at all.

What she is, however, is soft.
Rebecca Romain looked athletic and toned, like she could easily beat your ass
Lawrence is just an average thin girl, who does not look in any way intimidating


but whatever, I just hope they fix her makeup, and that she and the writers work to improve her awful dialogue this time around
She is far from thin, even at her thinnest. She doesn't have the "thin" body type. That soft, thin, weak body type more accurately describes Anna in X1. It was perfect for the role - she was delicate, pretty. It made her seem fragile. Instead, I have to say that JLAW does look like she could beat your ass. Ff there was just ONE piece of bacon left on the table I can see her thighs pounding like thunder as she charges ahead, and her rugbyish frame bodychecking you out of the way. It's not the same kind of toughness that Rebecca had, but I still think JLAW could duke it out with the boys.

But yeah, whatever - I also just hope that they improve her awful dialogue. It was horrendous. I was cringing at each laugh from the audience. (It was eyerolling laughter, not good-natured laughter.)

Chip is offline  
Old 05-14-2013, 06:08 PM   #103
Chip
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 41
Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique: Oscar Winner Edition - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by S. Grundy View Post
She looks like a healthy woman in her 20s.
This is true. With a healthy appetite.

Chip is offline  
Old 05-14-2013, 06:10 PM   #104
Chip
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 41
Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique: Oscar Winner Edition - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Hehe... She looks like she was trying to disguise herself and also to dress in a way that stopped her being on some tabloid website/magazine cover with her boobs or legs on display.
Maybe she was trying to hide how bloated and out of shape she looks?

Chip is offline  
Old 05-14-2013, 06:32 PM   #105
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary
 
X-Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Genosha
Posts: 12,863
Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique: Oscar Winner Edition - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrix View Post
Rebecca was hired because she looked good in the make-up. That's not a dig at Rebecca at all, it's just they decided to make her 'silent and deadly' which meant fewer lines. It worked, and her Mystique was great.

Lawrence was hired for her acting as Mystique actually had lines in First Class. Since that movie Lawrence has become more slimmer and toned because of The Hunger Games. She hasn't got a super model body but she doesn't need one. The focus will be on her line delivery.
Silent and deadly? That makes her sound like a fart. lol

__________________
Noah 3/10, Godzilla 6/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier 7/10, X-Men: Days of Future Past 9/10
X-Maniac is offline  
Old 05-14-2013, 06:38 PM   #106
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary
 
X-Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Genosha
Posts: 12,863
Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique: Oscar Winner Edition - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip View Post
Maybe she was trying to hide how bloated and out of shape she looks?
Well, she's never been a twig, has she? And she's not a fitness/diet freak either. I think the clothes were an attempt at a disguise from the paps.

I agree her natural bodyshape is nothing like Rebecca Romijn. But Rebecca was a supermodel, so she didn't have an ounce of spare flesh on her. I thought Jennifer looked okay as a younger Mystique - let's see what they do with her this time round.

Alice Eve would have been a better Emma Frost in terms of acting and not being as skinny as January Jones, but didn't Alice Eve turn the role down? Plus, we don't seem to be getting any more Emma Frost (and if we do, it'll be Singer's preference for the old version with Sigourney), so the Frost ship has sailed...

__________________
Noah 3/10, Godzilla 6/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier 7/10, X-Men: Days of Future Past 9/10
X-Maniac is offline  
Old 05-14-2013, 07:32 PM   #107
DJ Kornphlake
Side-Kick
 
DJ Kornphlake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 2,136
Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique: Oscar Winner Edition - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip View Post
Maybe she was trying to hide how bloated and out of shape she looks?
Have you ever seen a real girl before?

DJ Kornphlake is offline  
Old 05-14-2013, 07:34 PM   #108
Matt Mortem
A Most Wanted Ham
 
Matt Mortem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Mattcave
Posts: 12,174
Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique: Oscar Winner Edition - Part 1

Is this thread really about Lawrence's looks? She's a damn fine actress. I'd rather have a damn fine actress inhabiting a role than a supermodel that just looks good. Sweet Jesus.

Matt Mortem is offline  
Old 05-14-2013, 08:16 PM   #109
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator
 
danoyse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A world I long to see.
Posts: 22,703
Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique: Oscar Winner Edition - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip View Post
Maybe she was trying to hide how bloated and out of shape she looks?
Maybe you're just going on and on about this because you like the attention you're getting and have nothing better to discuss?

Quit the trolling and move on, please.

__________________
"You change the world when you change your mind.
danoyse is online now  
Old 05-14-2013, 08:24 PM   #110
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator
 
danoyse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A world I long to see.
Posts: 22,703
Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique: Oscar Winner Edition - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
Is this thread really about Lawrence's looks? She's a damn fine actress. I'd rather have a damn fine actress inhabiting a role than a supermodel that just looks good. Sweet Jesus.
No, it's just one shallow person with obviously poor vision who will cease trolling this thread until he can find something constructive to add to the conversation.

__________________
"You change the world when you change your mind.
danoyse is online now  
Old 05-14-2013, 08:35 PM   #111
Chip
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 41
Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique: Oscar Winner Edition - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
No, it's just one shallow person with obviously poor vision who will cease trolling this thread until he can find something constructive to add to the conversation.
Well, I think it's important to note that I have not resorted to any personal attacks on anybody on this forum (which you have done above), I merely stuck by my opinion and most people don't like it, obviously. So as far as trolling goes, I don't think that's a valid argument. However, this is your sandbox and your rules. Anyways, I did move on - to her fashion in that photo. Honestly, I mean it - if I was getting off a plane, I'd probably feel gross and bloated and want to cover myself up if I knew people would have cameras. I always feel like I really need a shower and don't want anybody to look at me, so if I were her I would've done the exact same thing.

Chip is offline  
Old 05-14-2013, 08:40 PM   #112
Chip
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 41
Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique: Oscar Winner Edition - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Well, she's never been a twig, has she? And she's not a fitness/diet freak either. I think the clothes were an attempt at a disguise from the paps.

I agree her natural bodyshape is nothing like Rebecca Romijn. But Rebecca was a supermodel, so she didn't have an ounce of spare flesh on her. I thought Jennifer looked okay as a younger Mystique - let's see what they do with her this time round.

Alice Eve would have been a better Emma Frost in terms of acting and not being as skinny as January Jones, but didn't Alice Eve turn the role down? Plus, we don't seem to be getting any more Emma Frost (and if we do, it'll be Singer's preference for the old version with Sigourney), so the Frost ship has sailed...
Oh, yes I know the Frost ship has sailed. I was just using Alice Eve as an example of someone who can act and also would look good in the role of Mystique, although I get they really wanted someone who looked younger. jLaW definitely looks youthful.

Chip is offline  
Old 05-14-2013, 08:44 PM   #113
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator
 
danoyse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A world I long to see.
Posts: 22,703
Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique: Oscar Winner Edition - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip View Post
Well, I think it's important to note that I have not resorted to any personal attacks on anybody on this forum (which you have done above), I merely stuck by my opinion and most people don't like it, obviously. So as far as trolling goes, I don't think that's a valid argument. However, this is your sandbox and your rules. Anyways, I did move on - to her fashion in that photo. Honestly, I mean it - if I was getting off a plane, I'd probably feel gross and bloated and want to cover myself up if I knew people would have cameras. I always feel like I really need a shower and don't want anybody to look at me, so if I were her I would've done the exact same thing.
You've stated your opinion. It's gone from an observation that people disagreed with to you repeatedly making childish comments that one can only assume is a desperate need for attention.

You've made your point. Move on, please.

__________________
"You change the world when you change your mind.
danoyse is online now  
Old 05-14-2013, 08:54 PM   #114
Chip
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 41
Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique: Oscar Winner Edition - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
You've stated your opinion. It's gone from an observation that people disagreed with to you repeatedly making childish comments that one can only assume is a desperate need for attention.

You've made your point. Move on, please.
Personal attacks are childish, e.g. Saying someone has poor vision because they have a different opinion. That's also mean, because you don't know if I actually have a vision problem or not.

I did move on, but I always respond to someone who addresses me, it's good manners.

Chip is offline  
Old 05-14-2013, 08:56 PM   #115
The Infernal
Life's End Boss
 
The Infernal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Scotland
Posts: 6,504
Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique: Oscar Winner Edition - Part 1

If you hit China, stop shoveling.

__________________
Lady Luck is smiling at me. She knows something I don't.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is offline  
Old 05-14-2013, 08:58 PM   #116
Chip
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 41
Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique: Oscar Winner Edition - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
If you hit China, stop shoveling.
Oh, I like this saying! I'm going to use it.

Chip is offline  
Old 05-14-2013, 09:02 PM   #117
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator
 
danoyse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A world I long to see.
Posts: 22,703
Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique: Oscar Winner Edition - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip View Post
Personal attacks are childish, e.g. Saying someone has poor vision because they have a different opinion. That's also mean, because you don't know if I actually have a vision problem or not.

I did move on, but I always respond to someone who addresses me, it's good manners.
You have done nothing but make childish remarks and dumb comments since you stated your opinion...dumb comments that have made you look less like someone just stating an opinion and more like a shallow person with poor vision who is trolling this thread.

Do you see anyone besides yourself disagreeing with this assessment? Because if you hadn't resorted to trolling with childish remarks and dumb comments to express your opinion, we'd all probably think better of you.

That means it's time to let it go.

__________________
"You change the world when you change your mind.
danoyse is online now  
Old 05-14-2013, 09:38 PM   #118
Chip
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 41
Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique: Oscar Winner Edition - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
You have done nothing but make childish remarks and dumb comments since you stated your opinion...dumb comments that have made you look less like someone just stating an opinion and more like a shallow person with poor vision who is trolling this thread.

Do you see anyone besides yourself disagreeing with this assessment? Because if you hadn't resorted to trolling with childish remarks and dumb comments to express your opinion, we'd all probably think better of you.

That means it's time to let it go.
I love getting private messages, thanks!

Chip is offline  
Old 05-14-2013, 09:42 PM   #119
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator
 
danoyse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A world I long to see.
Posts: 22,703
Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique: Oscar Winner Edition - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip View Post
I love getting private messages, thanks!
Do you love getting banned, too?

You're welcome.

__________________
"You change the world when you change your mind.
danoyse is online now  
Old 05-15-2013, 04:07 PM   #120
DJ Kornphlake
Side-Kick
 
DJ Kornphlake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 2,136
Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique: Oscar Winner Edition - Part 1

Well that was fast.

DJ Kornphlake is offline  
Old 05-16-2013, 12:57 AM   #121
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop
 
Hawkingbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: With the Hawkeyes
Posts: 5,733
Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique: Oscar Winner Edition - Part 1

Let's start talking about her talents as an actress shall we?

__________________
"Turkey sucks and you suck, and who made you boss?"
Hawkingbird is offline  
Old 05-16-2013, 01:05 AM   #122
DrDoom
Dictator
 
DrDoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Latveria
Posts: 5,336
Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique: Oscar Winner Edition - Part 1

She def. has two wonderful talents

__________________
"The power of the Cube is MINE to control, you were a FOOL to come here. You have no one to blame but YOURSELF!"

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
DrDoom is offline  
Old 05-16-2013, 01:05 AM   #123
DrDoom
Dictator
 
DrDoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Latveria
Posts: 5,336
Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique: Oscar Winner Edition - Part 1

Just joking HB

__________________
"The power of the Cube is MINE to control, you were a FOOL to come here. You have no one to blame but YOURSELF!"

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
DrDoom is offline  
Old 05-20-2013, 12:22 PM   #124
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.
 
TheIrishAvenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 6,877
Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique: Oscar Winner Edition - Part 1


__________________
"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR
7.11.14



TheIrishAvenger is offline  
Old 05-20-2013, 12:29 PM   #125
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 10,118
Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique: Oscar Winner Edition - Part 1

Oh my god!

Well we know Jennifer has started work on film.

That body suit looks great.Seriously she looks more like OT Mystique than she did In first Class.One difference Is hair Is slightly longer than In OT.

Again Bryan Singer Is pulling things closer to trilogy just like Beast makeup and sub-basement level.

__________________
Best Comic Book films-Superman X2 X-Men Days of Future Past The Amazing Spider-Man Batman Returns X-Men Batman Captain America The Winter Soldier The Wolverine The Dark Knight
marvelrobbins is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.