The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 05-05-2013, 07:46 AM   #651
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Default Re: You'll Believe a Man can Lounge

Yeah I thought IM3 was really good, my favorite solo MCU film. Funny, fun, clever and thrilling.

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 5. The Avengers
6. The Dark Knight Rises | 7. X2 | 8. Spider-Man 2 | 9. Batman Returns | 10. Iron Man 3
747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:28 PM   #652
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

How did you guys find SHH?

Old 05-07-2013, 03:54 PM   #653
hopefuldreamer
I will find him!

I was on kryptonsite all through my teens, but it's definitely a teen forum. I was starting to get sick of the majority of posters and the lack of intelligent discussion. Another poster suggested this forum, and i've never looked back

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:57 PM   #654
Kane52630
Deadcruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
A friend of mine showed me Comingsoon.net/SHH which became my go to site for movie news back in either 2007 or 2006. Then I found the forums on here while searching for Dark Knight fanart around in 08... but I didn't sign up until Jan of 09 (for Watchmen).

Before knowing about Comingsoon/SHH, I was on another forum for wrestling (and became a moderator).

Old 05-07-2013, 04:36 PM   #655
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

I... don't remember how I found SHH. I think I was just a lurker for a bit until I joined in December '11 (TDKR Empire Magazine covers). I was never a fan of forums before I joined here.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

TheIrishAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:44 PM   #656
hopefuldreamer
I will find him!

The funny thing is, I was on the previous forum for about 7 years, and totalled around 7000 posts. I've been here for 3 years and already surpassed that!

I never felt like a part of a community over there. I really do love this place

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:36 PM   #657
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Old 05-08-2013, 12:01 PM   #658
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

Been watching the justice league cartoon on Netflix, and I gotta say its awesome. Just finished watching the part 2 episode with darksied and brainiac. I love how superman was portrayed there. He looked so irrated and fed up with darksied. I hope his personality is similar in MOS

Old 05-08-2013, 08:44 PM   #659
Kal-El.9859
Sent For A Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofsteel4life View Post
Been watching the justice league cartoon on Netflix, and I gotta say its awesome. Just finished watching the part 2 episode with darksied and brainiac. I love how superman was portrayed there. He looked so irrated and fed up with darksied. I hope his personality is similar in MOS
I'm so glad Netflix added all these WB/DC shows

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Kal-El.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:53 PM   #660
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
Through the pit aka IMDb, a poster there was posting manips done by some of our own Hypesters, and I decided to lurk until MOS started filming.

LibidoLoca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:06 PM   #661
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
It was 2002, my wife and I had just bought our first computer. I was reading ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY and they had an article talking about a few special interest websites, and SHH was listed. So I typed it up....and been here ever since.

C. Lee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:43 PM   #662
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

C. Lee is the Cthulhu of SHH

The Great Old One

I came to SHH through ComingSoon.net, originally just looking for movie trailers, but soon after I heard about Batman: Intimidation Game (aka Batman Begins) and so it was then that I found the forums themselves...I lurked around for a while until after the film came out, then finally joined as dark_sentinel. It wasn't until a few years later (sometime between TDK and TDKR) that I assumed my rightful place and name as the Dark Sentinel of the Hype

Dark Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:48 PM   #663
Kal-El.9859
Sent For A Reason

been lurking for years...finally joined a few years back

Old 05-08-2013, 10:24 PM   #664
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
I'm so glad Netflix added all these WB/DC shows
Yea Kal, my only gripe is with Wonder Woman as you already know lol, but the show is great. I just hope if Darksied is ever gonna be in MOS universe, that they really show how much personal it is with Supes. I loved that episode. If Bats wasn't there, I hate to think what would have happened to Darksied.....btw I loved when bats was just about to get on the ship and he realized Supes went back in to whip on Darksied.....the way he said"that idiot!" I lmao

Old 05-08-2013, 10:29 PM   #665
Manosman
Austinite

Was originally on the Bluetights.net forums prior to when Superman Returns came out. I stumbled across the Hype when someone linked a picture on tights to here, ended up lurking for about a year. Then around summer 2007 when TDK stuff started ramping up, I decided to join. Needless to say, it's been almost 6 years, and I still only mostly lurk (still less than 1,000 posts).

Old 05-08-2013, 11:19 PM   #666
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
I was first drawn to this site as a lurker either by a reference from another one of my Supes forums or by simply researching the Superman film franchise and getting up to date when the rebooting drama was being announced.

As I said, I was a lurker at first but this site grew on me instantly and I felt I needed to join in and offer my gratitude once I saw the talent in the manips thread.

I checked this place constantly for updates and was intrigued by other Superman fan's opinions and fandom. Everything drew me in and for the past 3+ years, I have enjoyed all of the buildup we continue to amount to this day. I may not have a high post count, but my hits count to this site has to be in the millions, haha.

Actually, I was going through old posts from the days I joined and also dates going all the way back to 2009 and it's just absolutley unreal how far we've come. Very fun to look back on.

Old 05-08-2013, 11:27 PM   #667
Kal-El.9859
Sent For A Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofsteel4life View Post
Yea Kal, my only gripe is with Wonder Woman as you already know lol, but the show is great. I just hope if Darksied is ever gonna be in MOS universe, that they really show how much personal it is with Supes. I loved that episode. If Bats wasn't there, I hate to think what would have happened to Darksied.....btw I loved when bats was just about to get on the ship and he realized Supes went back in to whip on Darksied.....the way he said"that idiot!" I lmao

that's a great episode!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manosman View Post
Was originally on the Bluetights.net forums prior to when Superman Returns came out. I stumbled across the Hype when someone linked a picture on tights to here, ended up lurking for about a year. Then around summer 2007 when TDK stuff started ramping up, I decided to join. Needless to say, it's been almost 6 years, and I still only mostly lurk (still less than 1,000 posts).
pretty much...I was on Bluetights.net first and came over here after they shut down

Old 05-10-2013, 04:11 PM   #668
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTfBH-XFdSc

Star Trek 09 Honest trailer

Old 05-11-2013, 04:39 PM   #669
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Have any of you seen Gatsby ? I just turned down an offer to go cause I'm not feeling well but I'm curious. I'm hearing mixed reactions.

ConnorKon-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:48 PM   #670
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Have you guys seen Tropic Thunder? I watched that today. Dont remember the last time I laughed that hard. Plus RDJ is such a good actor.

Old 05-11-2013, 05:43 PM   #671
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

Because this is the designated Lounge, I'm giving you all a special little heads-up. If you're interested of course it's in regards to my book, MATHION: BOOK ONE OF THE LEGACY OF THE WOLVEN TRILOGY, and its self-published future. I've pasted into this post the statement I just put on the "Legacy of the Wolven" Thread in Books & Music:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Sentinel View Post
After much deliberation (mostly with myself) I have made a very important decision regarding the online future of MATHION, and LEGACY OF THE WOLVEN as a whole.

Though my ultimate goal is to be published (i.e. "in print"), I wish nothing more than for people to be able to read my work. Therefore, at a time of my choosing, I am going to rerelease MATHION on both Kindle AND Nook for ONE WEEK ONLY, a special edition that I have been working on for publishers and prospective agents, containing within it both the Appendices to the book AND a special preview of Book Two in the trilogy, THE LAST ASCENSION.

I realize I've done this before, but this is a chance for those who have not yet read my work to do so, and for fans of fantasy in general to enjoy another addition to their personal libraries. This will be a rare opportunity to read the book BEFORE it gets published, so if you have any friends who are fans of fantasy, be it LOTR, ASOIAF, or even Harry Potter, be sure to let them know that this is indeed coming.

I appreciate you all for your support, and I hope you will enjoy reading MATHION as much as I have enjoyed writing (and rewriting) it.

Dark Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #672
ThePhantasm
BADASS!

Quote:
I can't even remember honestly. I knew about the forums and lurked in them for at least a year or so before making an account. Probably something Batman related drew me in.

Wonder Gal | Cav-El | Batfleck | #TrustSnyder
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:14 PM   #673
ThePhantasm
BADASS!

Will you all be sticking around for the final weeks leading up to MOS or will you guys leave SHH to avoid spoilers / fanboy wars?

I'm leaning toward the latter but the general peacefulness and tranquility of the MOS boards compared to other areas of SHH is tempting me to stay a bit longer and enjoy the ride.

Wonder Gal | Cav-El | Batfleck | #TrustSnyder
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:22 AM   #674
Kal-El.9859
Sent For A Reason

I'm sticking around

Old 05-18-2013, 11:05 AM   #675
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

edit

Last edited by MrMaooz; 05-20-2013 at 02:11 PM.
MrMaooz is offline   Reply With Quote