The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2013, 07:22 PM   #101
Marvel Spider
Amazing.
 
Marvel Spider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,026
Default Re: Ghost Rider is back at Marvel Studios!

I don't think we'll be seeing Ghost Rider for a very long time.

Marvel Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:02 PM   #102
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,833
Default Re: Ghost Rider is back at Marvel Studios!

Probably it will happen in the next decade.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | ROGUE | PORTRAYED BY ANNA PAQUIN
"The first boy I ever kissed ended up in a coma for three weeks. I can still feel him inside my head." - X1
"Bobby is gifted. You should see what he can do." - X2
"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:47 PM   #103
metaphysician
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,792
Default Re: Ghost Rider is back at Marvel Studios!

I would say the most likely place to see him is in a hypothetical Midnight Sons movie, which might happen after Dr Strange, if Dr Strange succeeds at creating and selling a supernatural world in the MCU.

Failing that, its conceivable he could appear on SHIELD, if they stretch their budget ( don't expect Nick Cage or movie-grade SFX, natch ).

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:10 PM   #104
venom892
Got Lucky
 
venom892's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Miami,fl
Posts: 11,514
Default Re: Ghost Rider is back at Marvel Studios!

If Ghost Rider is bought back(more than likely a decade from now.) I can see it be Dan Ketch instead of Johnny Blaze to further it even more from the previous series.

__________________
Want to read the musings of a comic geek? Of course you do!Here!

Vote for your favorites in The Battle of the Comic Book Films Tournament! here!
venom892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:40 AM   #105
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games
 
blalex620's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 753
Default Re: Ghost Rider is back at Marvel Studios!

Moderator we have spam^^^^^

__________________
1) Man of Steel 2) Thor 2 3) The Wolverine 4) Pacific Rim 5) Iron Man 3 6) Oblivion 7) Mortal Instruments: City of Bones 8) Ender's Game 9) Beautiful Creatures 10) After Earth
blalex620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:55 PM   #106
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'
 
Spider-Vader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 12,257
Default Re: Ghost Rider is back at Marvel Studios!

I can see Ghost Rider coming in Phase IV, after Dr Strange comes along & introduces the mystical side of the MCU

__________________
"Okay...This looks bad."
Spider-Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:20 AM   #107
<(o_o)>
Evangeline Is My Hero!
 
<(o_o)>'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,291
Default Re: Ghost Rider is back at Marvel Studios!

If only Marvel did R-Rated cartoon movies they could probably make a really good Ghost Rider movie with the right artists/animators.

__________________
"Welcome To The Worst Nightmare Of All Reality."
"Maybe Things In Their Life Were Going Wrong & They Just Needed Someone To Take Their Spite Out On."
<(o_o)> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:27 AM   #108
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol
 
Midnyte_Sun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 5,197
Default Re: Ghost Rider is back at Marvel Studios!

Thats a good way of bringing the character back to mainstream.

Midnyte_Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:52 PM   #109
eddy
Side-Kick
 
eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,574
Default Re: Ghost Rider is back at Marvel Studios!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blalex620 View Post
That tends to happen with reboots. Won't be the same for TASM2 however.
Yeah TASM2 is most likely going to do better than the first. We'll all be old and decrepit before Spidey returns to Marvel. It would take a bankruptcy to pry the web crawler out of Sony's clutches.

__________________
" I want to make the kind of movie that inspires people to say, ‘There should be more movies with Super Heroes in them.’”
-Joss Whedon


AVENGERS ASSEMBLE.
eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:31 PM   #110
H.U.S.T.L.E.
Side-Kick
 
H.U.S.T.L.E.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 814
Default Re: Ghost Rider is back at Marvel Studios!

As many others have said, I think a Marvel Knights imprint would be an ideal way to introduce some of these street-level characters into the current MCU. I also agree with others that a TV series might be the best way to do it - in fact, I'd combine the two ideas and here's what I mean by saying that:

With the grittier nature of characters like Punisher, Daredevil, etc, an HBO series would be a great place for that. I think you could have a Marvel Knights show with each season based on one story arc for an individual character... say 12 episodes per season. I think the majority of fans just want to see the characters done well on the screen in some form or another, so why not give them something a little different than the blockbuster films we've seen so far? In my opinion, the ultimate goal of Marvel Studios shouldn't strictly be feature-film products (and we're already seeing that with Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. picked up by ABC). This would give them the opportunity to branch out and expand into entirely new audiences with more mature content.

I also think that by basically making each character a mini-series there are some interesting storytelling options. For instance, instead of the token origin story film we've seen for other Marvel characters recently, you can show pieces of that throughout the episodes via brief flashbacks. That way you understand each character's motivations without spending lots of time setting up the origin & instead jump straight to a story arc for the season.

Then as each season comes to a close, you find a way to set up the next featured character. So say Season 1 is based around Punisher - at the end of the finale you have Frank Castle arrested for his vigilante justice, but in the final moments you see him outside a courtroom having been acquitted. He mutters something like, "Thanks Murdock" and walks away, while the final visual of the season sets up a Daredevil arc for Season 2. Similarly, you could introduce a character like Elektra to set up Season 3.

Now, in regards to Ghost Rider - while I understand the problems of bringing the character to life on TV, I don't think it's impossible. Most of the issues would stem around production costs/effects budgeting... with that being said, we've seen the success of Game of Thrones which comes with high production costs & visual effects budgets. So I think that if Ghost Rider were to happen on TV, you could build to it through a show like Marvel Knights. If the series were to garner success in earlier seasons, it might sway the studios to ramp up the budget if it meant introducing characters that could then be parlayed into feature-film appearances (but not necessarily stand-alone pictures, but something like The Avengers).

I'd be interested to hear comments/thoughts about such a scenario - I know it's a long-winded post, so props if you made it this far!

H.U.S.T.L.E. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:55 PM   #111
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 35,676
Default Re: Ghost Rider is back at Marvel Studios!

Ghost Rider I think would be good for an anime project. What about a cable TV series?

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:50 AM   #112
fixxxer
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bangalore, India
Posts: 994
Default Re: Ghost Rider is back at Marvel Studios!

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.U.S.T.L.E. View Post
As many others have said, I think a Marvel Knights imprint would be an ideal way to introduce some of these street-level characters into the current MCU. I also agree with others that a TV series might be the best way to do it - in fact, I'd combine the two ideas and here's what I mean by saying that:

With the grittier nature of characters like Punisher, Daredevil, etc, an HBO series would be a great place for that. I think you could have a Marvel Knights show with each season based on one story arc for an individual character... say 12 episodes per season. I think the majority of fans just want to see the characters done well on the screen in some form or another, so why not give them something a little different than the blockbuster films we've seen so far? In my opinion, the ultimate goal of Marvel Studios shouldn't strictly be feature-film products (and we're already seeing that with Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. picked up by ABC). This would give them the opportunity to branch out and expand into entirely new audiences with more mature content.

I also think that by basically making each character a mini-series there are some interesting storytelling options. For instance, instead of the token origin story film we've seen for other Marvel characters recently, you can show pieces of that throughout the episodes via brief flashbacks. That way you understand each character's motivations without spending lots of time setting up the origin & instead jump straight to a story arc for the season.

Then as each season comes to a close, you find a way to set up the next featured character. So say Season 1 is based around Punisher - at the end of the finale you have Frank Castle arrested for his vigilante justice, but in the final moments you see him outside a courtroom having been acquitted. He mutters something like, "Thanks Murdock" and walks away, while the final visual of the season sets up a Daredevil arc for Season 2. Similarly, you could introduce a character like Elektra to set up Season 3.

Now, in regards to Ghost Rider - while I understand the problems of bringing the character to life on TV, I don't think it's impossible. Most of the issues would stem around production costs/effects budgeting... with that being said, we've seen the success of Game of Thrones which comes with high production costs & visual effects budgets. So I think that if Ghost Rider were to happen on TV, you could build to it through a show like Marvel Knights. If the series were to garner success in earlier seasons, it might sway the studios to ramp up the budget if it meant introducing characters that could then be parlayed into feature-film appearances (but not necessarily stand-alone pictures, but something like The Avengers).

I'd be interested to hear comments/thoughts about such a scenario - I know it's a long-winded post, so props if you made it this far!
Almost perfect.

I had kind of a similar post (I think in the Daredevil thread) proposing a 3rd annual MCU movie which is lower budget and simply named 'Marvel Knights', and a sequel every year. But a cable show works even better.

One tweak is that I wouldn't center an entire season around a single character. I would instead follow the template laid down by Game of Thrones with multiple intersecting and divergent story arcs.

Does Disney own a cable channel? I remember reading somewhere that Disney had a stake in A&E. However, if I recall correctly from about a year back, when I lived in NY, A&E primarily focused on reality television. So I'm not too sure if a 'Marvel Knights' show would fit.

fixxxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:31 AM   #113
H.U.S.T.L.E.
Side-Kick
 
H.U.S.T.L.E.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 814
Default Re: Ghost Rider is back at Marvel Studios!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer View Post
One tweak is that I wouldn't center an entire season around a single character. I would instead follow the template laid down by Game of Thrones with multiple intersecting and divergent story arcs.
I understand where you're coming from and I wouldn't mind that type of show either if it came down to it. Here's my thinking on it though - having each season revolve around a single character might interest actors who would rather not be tied long-term into contracts with Marvel. If an actor knows that they're only contractually obligated for 12 episodes, with the possibility of a feature film that could tie the show's characters together, it might be a more enticing deal. Another benefit of that model would be from the writing perspective - I think it would be much easier to write a story arc that centers around one main character as opposed to juggling multiple 'leads' for the show.

When it comes down to it though, I just think that many of these characters deserve their own showcase without competing for screentime. We know that Marvel can't give every character in their arsenal a feature film for various reasons (whether that's scheduling issues, perceived lack of consumer interest, or saturation of the market). On a channel like HBO, a 12-episode season equates to nearly 12 hours of screen time - that's nearly twice the combined runtimes for the three Iron Man movies. That means a one season story arc is plenty of time to tell a good story & allows the show to stay fresh with a revolving cast.

Again, that's just my opinion - I think it'd be more interesting story-telling and allows some of these other characters the deserving chance to stand on their own.

H.U.S.T.L.E. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 06:54 PM   #114
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator
 
AVEITWITHJAMON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Liverpool, UK.
Posts: 24,575
Default Re: Ghost Rider is back at Marvel Studios!

I dont know why but I think GR and Blade will be sort of pushed to the front of the production slate by Marvel and we will see them sooner than Daredevil or Punisher.

They are quite well known to the mainstream, and with Marvel introducing new things into its movie universe with all things cosmic and magic being opened up by GOTG and Dr. Strange respectively, I think Marvel's next avenue will be horror, and to the main stream those are the two most well known.

__________________
2014 movie ratings out of 10:

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:18 PM   #115
Blackman
C'mon Son
 
Blackman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 14,084
Default Re: Ghost Rider is back at Marvel Studios!

I think we'll see Blade and DD before we see GR or Punisher. It's been a longer period of time since the last Blade or Daredevil films came out so I see Marvel being more likely to reboot those 2 first.

I do really want a Marvel Knights imprint though. Disney could put the Touchstone logo before the movies. I dont really see any of the guys like DD, Blade, Punisher, etc. getting any shine anytime soon even all the way in Phase IV


Last edited by Blackman; 05-25-2013 at 07:27 PM.
Blackman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:38 PM   #116
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol
 
Midnyte_Sun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 5,197
Default Re: Ghost Rider is back at Marvel Studios!

10 years for a Ghost Rider movie. At least 10.

Midnyte_Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:12 PM   #117
Doc Ock
1951-2014
 
Doc Ock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oklahoma, US
Posts: 7,525
Default Re: Ghost Rider is back at Marvel Studios!

10 years is far away!

__________________
The Winter Soldier - 9/10 | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 6.5/10 | Days of Future Past - 9/10 | TMNT - ???? | Guardians of the Galaxy - 10/10
Doc Ock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:18 PM   #118
Teelie
Mostly Harmless
 
Teelie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 10,011
Default Re: Ghost Rider is back at Marvel Studios!

After the disappointment of the first two in the box office, 10 years sounds possible. I'd like to see Ghost Rider done as an R rated movie that isn't hobbled. Unfortunately I'm not sure they'll get the chance.

Blade on the other hand is more likely to get the reboot treatment at this stage. It was a successful franchise that holds up well enough.

I just don't see Dare Devil or Punisher being rebooted any time soon. Neither had the success to justify sequels (Punisher's was more reboot than sequel). And poor Elektra, that'll never happen again.

Teelie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:43 PM   #119
spider-neil
spins a web any size!
 
spider-neil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,312
Default Re: Ghost Rider is back at Marvel Studios!

They should stick all those B list characters together and make an R rated Marvel Knights movie.

As for X-Men, Spidey and FF returning to Marvel. I'm okay with FF returning to Marvel but Sony has done alright by Spidey (SM1/SM2/ASM) and Fox have done okay by X-Men (X1/X2/X:FC).

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:23 PM   #120
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick
 
Bruce Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Stay out of my territory
Posts: 5,855
Default Re: Ghost Rider is back at Marvel Studios!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teelie View Post
After the disappointment of the first two in the box office, 10 years sounds possible. I'd like to see Ghost Rider done as an R rated movie that isn't hobbled. Unfortunately I'm not sure they'll get the chance.

Blade on the other hand is more likely to get the reboot treatment at this stage. It was a successful franchise that holds up well enough.

I just don't see Dare Devil or Punisher being rebooted any time soon. Neither had the success to justify sequels (Punisher's was more reboot than sequel). And poor Elektra, that'll never happen again.
Blade is so wesley snipes though. I mean to most people they identify blade more as a wesley snipes franchise than a comic book one.

I think a non-snipes blade film will be taken to as well as a terminator salvation. You'll notice they're bringing arnold back for the next terminator film.

Bruce Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:52 PM   #121
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,833
Default Re: Ghost Rider is back at Marvel Studios!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnyte_Sun View Post
10 years for a Ghost Rider movie. At least 10.
10 years is a long time. But at least Marvel Studios is releasing 1 film per year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
They should stick all those B list characters together and make an R rated Marvel Knights movie.
Yeah especially the ones that already have a movie before - Daredevil, Blade, Elektra, Punisher and Ghost Rider.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | ROGUE | PORTRAYED BY ANNA PAQUIN
"The first boy I ever kissed ended up in a coma for three weeks. I can still feel him inside my head." - X1
"Bobby is gifted. You should see what he can do." - X2
"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:23 PM   #122
metaphysician
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,792
Default Re: Ghost Rider is back at Marvel Studios!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
10 years is a long time. But at least Marvel Studios is releasing 1 film per year.
More than one, you mean? They aren't scheduled to have a single movie release anytime in the foreseeable future.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:58 PM   #123
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,833
Default Re: Ghost Rider is back at Marvel Studios!

I said at least 1 to be safe.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | ROGUE | PORTRAYED BY ANNA PAQUIN
"The first boy I ever kissed ended up in a coma for three weeks. I can still feel him inside my head." - X1
"Bobby is gifted. You should see what he can do." - X2
"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 12:04 AM   #124
Doc Ock
1951-2014
 
Doc Ock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oklahoma, US
Posts: 7,525
Default Re: Ghost Rider is back at Marvel Studios!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I said at least 1 to be safe.
Yeah knowing Marvel I could see Ghost Rider easily by the end of the decade with all the movies they have coming per year. Blade and Daredevil too, even Punisher.

__________________
The Winter Soldier - 9/10 | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 6.5/10 | Days of Future Past - 9/10 | TMNT - ???? | Guardians of the Galaxy - 10/10
Doc Ock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 03:38 AM   #125
spider-neil
spins a web any size!
 
spider-neil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,312
Default Re: Ghost Rider is back at Marvel Studios!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
10 years is a long time. But at least Marvel Studios is releasing 1 film per year.



Yeah especially the ones that already have a movie before - Daredevil, Blade, Elektra, Punisher and Ghost Rider.

The movie needn't even cost a lot because the only character who requires CG is Ghost Rider.

5 second plotline, off the top of my head;
Vampires are coming out of the shadows more ruthless and organised than ever before and are proving too much for Blade. Punisher and Daredevil get involved as the vampire war spills into organised crime. When it is revealed the vampires are being controlled by an inter dimensional demonic overlord they (Marvel Knights) recruit the Ghost Rider. Ghost Rider defeats the demon and the vampires return to being 'regular' vampires.

I would definitely pay to see that.

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.