The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2013, 12:42 PM   #951
NanaT
X-Men United!
 
NanaT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,381
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
But in Fox's perspective I wouldn't deem it worthwhile... unless I could secure the OT cast (Singer as well) for two films back to back and have them both out by 2017-2018 so it looks like a direct continuation from DoFP.
Which is what we are all arguing. And could be what Fox is planning anyway

__________________
X-MEN
Alone, You Are Mighty
Together, You Are LEGENDS!
- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
NanaT is offline  
Old 05-15-2013, 12:45 PM   #952
JP
To me
 
JP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 52,914
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 3

@rbtoons 20h Got to see tons of pre-viz on X-Menays of Future Past. Awesome stuff, didn't realize how fully realized it is before filming.


@rbtoons 20h
Hmm...Don't know about the overall story though...but I'll reserve judgement.

JP is offline  
Old 05-15-2013, 12:45 PM   #953
BenKenobi
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 362
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry View Post
My point was that they did EIGHT movies with the same cast, compared to FOUR with the OT X-Men cast. Compare seven books to five (?) decades of continuing stories in the comics without stopping. I think it's a more than valid comparison. Four/five/six movies with this cast is hardly beating a dead horse.
No it's not. Those are two entirely different concepts. Adapting 7 books into films is not the same as adapting 5 decades of collective story telling into an unknown total number of films. When you're adapting a book you have a general outline and a plan of where you are going, where you are beggining, and where to end. With comics you're just kind of making it up as you go along, with a loose set of rules and a few stories to provide nothing more than inspiration. Hugh Jackman more likely than not, had no idea he was going to reprise his role seven times over the next 15 years, the Harry Potter kids on the otherhand, knew exactly what they were getting into at the time of signing.

The fact is when adapting something like this you can't realistically plan a decade or more into the future.

BenKenobi is offline  
Old 05-15-2013, 12:46 PM   #954
Mr.M
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,627
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
If this is the conclusion to the X-Men Saga then why has no one said yet. I'm sure that would be something that could add more hype for the movie. If it's supposed to be the last one featuring the original cast. But then again that is just so anti-climactic, why bother making a movie that is supposed to end the X-Men Saga for these actors when they already made one back in 2006 for that same purpose. There's a reason it was called the LAST Stand you know.

It would make more sense for Fox to go through all the hassle it would have gone through to get actors like Halle Berry, Anna Paquin and Ellen Page back. When they already had a star in Jennifer Lawrence and the rising profiles of McAvoy and Fassbender and Hoult. It could have easily made a direct sequel to First Class. It's quite obvious Fox have a plan of action which they will set in motion as soon as they find out the box office returns for DOFP as well as how critically acclaimed the movie. They'll be listening to hear what audiences and critics think about the return of the OT actors and then they will greenlight an X4/X5. I mean there is every possibility that in drafting the contract for this film Fox included sequels clauses which would compel actor to come back and reprise their roles. And thus the problem of having actors return is solved (not that there was ever a problem, you'd have to be a fool to say no to an X-Men movie.)
Crazed fanboy speculation of the highest order...

Mr.M is offline  
Old 05-15-2013, 12:47 PM   #955
Great Mind(s)
Broken
 
Great Mind(s)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gamma Quadrant
Posts: 4,026
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
@rbtoons 20h Got to see tons of pre-viz on X-Menays of Future Past. Awesome stuff, didn't realize how fully realized it is before filming.


@rbtoons 20h
Hmm...Don't know about the overall story though...but I'll reserve judgement.
What's THAT mean?? Does that mean he knows the overall story and doesn't like it or that he doesn't know much about it?

Great Mind(s) is offline  
Old 05-15-2013, 12:51 PM   #956
Cherry
Side-Kick
 
Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 412
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenKenobi View Post
No it's not. Those are two entirely different concepts.
Not really. I'm addressing the idea that more films with an established cast is not beating a dead horse when they are only on number FOUR. It's very common these days to use a continuing cast. Look at the Fast and the Furious franchise. Maybe you'll find that a better comparison? There was clearly no established number of films for those actors, and yet they're are doing a SEVENTH one next year. And it may not happen, but Vin Diesel is talking about doing NINE.


Quote:
The fact is when adapting something like this you can't realistically plan a decade or more into the future.
Sure you can. Marvel Studios is doing it.

Cherry is offline  
Old 05-15-2013, 12:54 PM   #957
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary
 
X-Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Genosha
Posts: 12,851
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
What's THAT mean?? Does that mean he knows the overall story and doesn't like it or that he doesn't know much about it?
I took it to mean that he had some reservations about the overall story. He doesn't specify anything so it's hard to make any further assessment. I'm not sure how he got to see all that pre-viz either!

__________________
Noah 3/10, Godzilla 6/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier 7/10, X-Men: Days of Future Past 9/10
X-Maniac is offline  
Old 05-15-2013, 12:56 PM   #958
Great Mind(s)
Broken
 
Great Mind(s)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gamma Quadrant
Posts: 4,026
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 3

Who is this guy

Great Mind(s) is offline  
Old 05-15-2013, 12:57 PM   #959
Mr.M
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,627
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
truth is Fox could stretch this franchise out for another 10 years, FC3, 3rd wolverine solo, X4 and X5 and a X6

i don't think they are thinking oh what will we do in 2023 when we run out of steam, i don't think thats important to Fox, it just looks good for Fox to have this sucessful franchise

just look at marvel they have 2 films every year and if this calculates right then avengers 3 will be in 2017-2018 and by then i'd be very surprised if the franchise is still going amazing well, after all marvel really are rushing through it, even more with trying to have a tv series going at the same time, so where will marvel be in 10 or 12 years time? still doing this same franchise?
They are going to be cooked by then, left defending with their laundry list of Z-list characters in the Marvel staple (as is every other studio in the superhero business). But it doesn't matter since Disney made out like a bandit with Avengers. Fox has yet to duplicate that success with a franchise that has every bit the capability. There is always that glimmer of hope that WB/DC gets its act together. Wishful thinking.


Last edited by Mr.M; 05-15-2013 at 01:32 PM.
Mr.M is offline  
Old 05-15-2013, 12:58 PM   #960
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary
 
X-Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Genosha
Posts: 12,851
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
Who is this guy
Dunno. All I know is what is on his Twitter page.

__________________
Noah 3/10, Godzilla 6/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier 7/10, X-Men: Days of Future Past 9/10
X-Maniac is offline  
Old 05-15-2013, 01:01 PM   #961
NanaT
X-Men United!
 
NanaT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,381
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenKenobi View Post


In what way is it anti climactic? If anything it's a climactic passing of the baton from McKlellen and Stewart to McAvoy and Fassbender. The whole universe is on the line and they are traveling through space time, the whole "anti climactic" argument is very subjective. Also the plot of the movie was largely Bret Rattners doing, who did everything in his power to ensure his would be the last film in the saga. As far as Fox was concerned that was never meant to be THE LAST STAND, I may be wrong but I believe that after credits scene was actually ordered by Fox.
Going through all the effort it must have taken to bring the original trilogy actors back after 8 years and building all the hype for this movie because of them only to have it be the last film, I mean why bother? If they truly wanted this to be a passing of the torch movie and JUST that than they could have just brought back Stewart and Mckellen. But instead they brought back EIGHT original cast members. WHY???? Not to mention that if this meant to be some sort of last hurrah for the X-Men then it is kind of going backwards as that was the whole point of X-Men the last stand. I mean there is a reason the OT have not been in an X-men movie for EIGHT years. Also, I'm sure it was Fox's plan for it to be the last X-Men movie. IIRC they were planning on doing spin-offs, A wolverine now which resulted in XMO:W, a Storm one which Halle Berry turned down and a Magneto and Young X-Men which resulted in First Class. I'm sure there were also plans for a New Mutants one as well. (or is that just my fantasies mixing into reality). Anyway even if Fox did not intend for this to be the last X-Men movie they sure as heck marketed it as the last one. I remember interviews with the cast as well all stating it was the last one.



Quote:
Ellen Page hasn't been real big since Juno, Halle Berry's seen better days. and while Paquin is a great actress she's far from a regular on E! News. It probably was not easy, all parties involved in said deal stood only to gain from the exposure.
My point was that these were actors that many thought would not return in another X-Men sequel especially Berry and Page. The fact that Fox went through all the hassle to get them back only for it to be their last film just seems so....anti-climactic. It almost completely shrouds over the hype of their return. For me at lest.



Quote:
Doing a film with the original cast not only gives hope to those who'd lost faith in the franchize but allows them to fix some of the damage done and attract huge media attention once again.
And that hope that they have given to those may be lost if this is their last film. It just makes no sense not to continue with the original cast.


Quote:
More than likely Patrick Stewart would be willing to return as would McKlellen, but they're getting older and the only star to be returning for X4/X5 is going to be Hugh Jackman. Fassbender and McAvoy are good and it's not a big deal if they're here to stay.
I'm not sure I fully understand what you're trying to say here so I want comment.

__________________
X-MEN
Alone, You Are Mighty
Together, You Are LEGENDS!
- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
NanaT is offline  
Old 05-15-2013, 01:05 PM   #962
Double B
Side-Kick
 
Double B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,154
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
Not quite. Going young is justifiable since we are talking about the 70's 80's timeline. The core X-Men would be kids. You could build another Harry Potter/Twilight type run if the first film is successful. I could see a new trilogy with this "new cast" (hopefully James/Michael reprise their roles). Even if it is one film (FC3), it's still too lucrative to abandon considering the star power of the FC actors right now.
But that's one of the key things. We don't actually know if the FC quartet have massive pulling power in these roles. I love them, particularly Fassbender and Hoult and I can't deny Lawrence is huge now, but their only solo X-Men film thus far was a solid, if unremarkable performer.

And this sequel is being loaded by familiar faces and cast actors, and it's they who are creating the bulk (not all, but the bulk) of the buzz.

I just honestly foresee Fox milking the OT cast for all their worth (and they do have more to give IMO) than releasing a new trilogy, set in the 80s, with a whole new young cast. When they can save their big reinvention with a new, young cast down the line when a true reboot is needed.

They'd be mad not to heavily consider riding the crest of the wave of DOFP.

Quote:
Because the women are 50+ years old. They are some fine MILFs don't get me wrong, but this is Hollywood. Marketing ladies past their primes as action heroines just isn't going to cut it. I don't know how long Jackman will hold up either, since we are talking about another trilogy. Their salaries would be high as hell and they are passed their primes. Not the sustaining formula for a franchise.
Well, in terms of money, they managed to secure them all for this film. If DOFP is a hit, I believe they will consider that cast worth the investment. The biggest salaries would be Hugh and Halle. The rest would get nice pay cheques but won't break the bank.

And frankly, Famke, for one, looks much better now than then. Anna is sexier than ever, Ellen... is Ellen (cute rather than sexy) and there's always the possibility of adding a sexy Psylocke to the cast. Or whoever.

Quote:
Feel the same way about RDJ. These actors aren't fanboys like you an me. If the money is good enough, anything is possible. But I expect Jackman to hang it up after this, or Wolverine 3. I also expect A2 to be RDJ's last MAJOR role in the MCU.
Again, I disagree with this. RDJ undoubtedly loves the character but has never made a secret of the fact that he felt his time playing Iron Man was coming to an end sooner than later. There have been no false pretenses. As of yet, Hugh seems quite happy reprising the role.

Quote:
They probably wouldn't wait that long you are right. Maybe another similar gap from TLS to DoFP. So I say FC 3 in 2017. Let the actors move on to other projects. Buy some time with a Deadpool movie, Wolverine 3, and FF sequels. Then fire up the next trilogy in 2024-25 ish. Hopefully Michael and James come back. Michael and James would be in their mid 40's. In otherwords, PRIME TIME. If FC 3 introduces the young Cyclops and Jean and those actors become big stars, then you really have something cooking. Singer will be done with the franchise by then, so it will be another reinvigoration with a new vision.
But surely you're suggesting the exact same situation the OT case now find themselves in? Michael and James in their mid-40's, their "PRIME TIME" (you mean like current 44 year old, Hugh Jackman. Ahem), the young cast in FC 3 will nearly be a decade older themselves, they could go on to become huge stars, etc. Don't all the reasons why you're saying that Fox will find it hard to assemble the OT for more films right now, apply here as well? High salaries? Aging? Times passed? Possible audience desire for some thing new and young? Actor's possible unwillingness to return?

And a reinvigoration with a new vision in 2025, whilst set in a timeline established in 2014, makes no sense. Why wouldn't Fox just reboot? It's a reboot in all but name bar the possible appearance of some FC cast. Would Fox not just cut ties and start a fresh than continue a movie series that originated a full quarter of a century earlier?

Quote:
It's not exactly what I want to see happen. I want the OT back as much as anyone else. But in Fox's perspective I wouldn't deem it worthwhile... unless I could secure the OT cast (Singer as well) for two films back to back and have them both out by 2017-2018 so it looks like a direct continuation from DoFP.
I do agree with this. But I also believe they are certainly considering securing the OT cast, if it hasn't already been done in whatever new contracts they signed for this film. Singer seems to have a renewed appreciation for this franchise and great relationships with the actors. I would not be remotely surprised if there's more films reuniting him with the OT cast.


Last edited by Double B; 05-15-2013 at 01:08 PM.
Double B is offline  
Old 05-15-2013, 01:21 PM   #963
Mr.M
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,627
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry View Post
My point was that they did EIGHT movies with the same cast, compared to FOUR with the OT X-Men cast. Compare seven books to five (?) decades of continuing stories in the comics without stopping. I think it's a more than valid comparison. Four/five/six movies with this cast is hardly beating a dead horse.
One HAS to see the distinction between a franchise built on child actors (Potter, Twilight) vs ensemble franchises featuring actors in the prime of their careers.

Mr.M is offline  
Old 05-15-2013, 01:24 PM   #964
Cherry
Side-Kick
 
Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 412
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
One HAS to see the distinction between a franchise built on child actors (Potter, Twilight) vs ensemble franchises featuring actors in the prime of their careers.
Again, The Fast and the Furious. Are Vin Diesel and Dwayne Johnson not in the prime of their careers?

Cherry is offline  
Old 05-15-2013, 01:27 PM   #965
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!
 
jonathancrane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Caverns in Arkham Island
Posts: 6,784
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
What's THAT mean?? Does that mean he knows the overall story and doesn't like it or that he doesn't know much about it?
I read it as him not being fond of the story...however, I take slight issue with that, as I doubt he had access to a screenplay, and was probably judging a sequence - a la the VFX - out of context (the film.)

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Aaron
"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline  
Old 05-15-2013, 01:35 PM   #966
Mr.M
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,627
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry View Post
Again, The Fast and the Furious. Are Vin Diesel and Dwayne Johnson not in the prime of their careers?
I would say this is the exception. Aside from those guys, I don't recall seeing Paul Walker and Jordana Brewster anywhere, outside of some really, REALLY terrible productions. I am seething that those gentlemen aren't branching themselves out with their careers, but that's because I could care less about that franchise. I wanted to see Vin Deisel's Hannibal and other stuff along those lines.

Mr.M is offline  
Old 05-15-2013, 01:42 PM   #967
Cherry
Side-Kick
 
Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 412
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
I would say this is the exception. Aside from those guys, I don't recall seeing Paul Walker and Jordana Brewster anywhere, outside of some really, REALLY terrible productions. I am seething that those gentlemen aren't branching themselves out with their careers, but that's because I could care less about that franchise. I wanted to see Vin Deisel's Hannibal and other stuff along those lines.
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then. Walker and Brewster aren't really big names, I'll admit, but Michelle Rodriguez and Tyrese Gibson are.

I understand what you're saying about the difference between Potter/Twilight and a more open-ended franchise; I just feel that because Hollywood is built on continuing franchises that it wouldn't be unheard of for the OT cast to return for more installments. Now, do I see them doing three more? Probably not. But another after DOFP? Very, very possible.

Cherry is offline  
Old 05-15-2013, 01:44 PM   #968
The Guard
Side-Kick
 
The Guard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 25,770
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 3

Quote:
Going through all the effort it must have taken to bring the original trilogy actors back after 8 years and building all the hype for this movie because of them only to have it be the last film, I mean why bother? If they truly wanted this to be a passing of the torch movie and JUST that than they could have just brought back Stewart and Mckellen. But instead they brought back EIGHT original cast members.
1. Because that's what Bryan Singer wanted to do.

2. Box office and name recognition.

This is likely going to be a scenario where the original X-Men are more or less cameos. They were able to bring them back for a modest amount of money because of that. But doing future X-movies with them might be cost prohibitive, which is probably a lot of the reason we didn't see X4 in the first place.

I seriously doubt this is the last X-Men film, though. I suspect that FOX hopes that in a few years, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence and Nicolaus Hoult will be much bigger and more bankable names. Lawrence is already well on her way to that point.

__________________
Writer and Lyricist of GOTHAM'S KNIGHT: THE BATMAN MUSICAL

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline  
Old 05-15-2013, 01:50 PM   #969
JP
To me
 
JP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 52,914
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 3

Lawrence is already well on her way to that point.

She already is.

JP is offline  
Old 05-15-2013, 01:53 PM   #970
NanaT
X-Men United!
 
NanaT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,381
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
1. Because that's what Bryan Singer wanted to do.

2. Box office and name recognition.

This is likely going to be a scenario where the original X-Men are more or less cameos. They were able to bring them back for a modest amount of money because of that. But doing future X-movies with them might be cost prohibitive, which is probably a lot of the reason we didn't see X4 in the first place.

I seriously doubt this is the last X-Men film, though. I suspect that FOX hopes that in a few years, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence and Nicolaus Hoult will be much bigger and more bankable names. Lawrence is already well on her way to that point.
It would probably cost more to have all these actors back for cameos roles where they would charge their full fees as opposed to slightly meatier roles where they would more likely work for scale as it then would be a passion project for them.

__________________
X-MEN
Alone, You Are Mighty
Together, You Are LEGENDS!
- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
NanaT is offline  
Old 05-15-2013, 01:56 PM   #971
Mr.M
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,627
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double B View Post
But surely you're suggesting the exact same situation the OT case now find themselves in? Michael and James in their mid-40's, their "PRIME TIME" (you mean like current 44 year old, Hugh Jackman. Ahem), the young cast in FC 3 will nearly be a decade older themselves, they could go on to become huge stars, etc. Don't all the reasons why you're saying that Fox will find it hard to assemble the OT for more films right now, apply here as well? High salaries? Aging? Times passed? Possible audience desire for some thing new and young? Actor's possible unwillingness to return?

And a reinvigoration with a new vision in 2025, whilst set in a timeline established in 2014, makes no sense. Why wouldn't Fox just reboot? It's a reboot in all but name bar the possible appearance of some FC cast. Would Fox not just cut ties and start a fresh than continue a movie series that originated a full quarter of a century earlier?
Well, here is the only excerpt I really feel the need to address, since we disagree here, you are right in theory. It may not work out the way I have pegged out. But to close the door on such a possibility and trash the FC talent is bad from a fiscal stand point.

Look, I want a two part Apocalypse story with the OT as much as anybody. Ideally, I'd have Singer on that pair of films circa Peter Jackson/LotR. Another director on FC 3. Maybe Vaughn if that ship hasn't sailed. But no, I just can't shut the door on the FC cast. This is about choosing one or the other. I'd want everything of course, since I am a fanboy.

So Michael and James would be mid forties at that time. That's prime age for a youthful Magneto and Xavier. Maybe I can't sign them for another trilogy. Well, the same may occur with the OT cast committing to 2+ pictures after DoFP. I still have the flexibility of dropping Jennifer and Michael since the Brotherhood has been a "beating of the dead horse" (but hope they can return in sequels). I need to keep Hoult and McAvoy though. Otherwise it wouldn't be worth it. I think that is more economically sound than an epic 500 million dollar two part picture featuring the OT cast vs Apocalypse. A studio like Disney and WB would not blink, but Fox can't go all in like that. Unless Cameron in at the helm.


Last edited by Mr.M; 05-15-2013 at 02:06 PM.
Mr.M is offline  
Old 05-15-2013, 01:59 PM   #972
NanaT
X-Men United!
 
NanaT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,381
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Lawrence is already well on her way to that point.

She already is.
I don't think so yet. The Hunger Games was a success because of the books and the rabid fan base they have (myself being one of them) Not because of Lawrence. Silver linings playbook, not sure how much it made but i'm sure it made quite a bit, because of Bradley cooper and the director and also the fans of the books. (interesting fact, I heard that Angelina Jolie was first considered to play the role that went to lawrence, it would probably be a bit more believable for her to be a widow but lawrence was good.) Despite her popularity she is yet to a) carry a movie with herself as the sole draw.
b) greenlight a movie with just her star power.

She is sure on her way but she is not there yet. I think it's a good idea for her to take it slow.

__________________
X-MEN
Alone, You Are Mighty
Together, You Are LEGENDS!
- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
NanaT is offline  
Old 05-15-2013, 02:05 PM   #973
Cherry
Side-Kick
 
Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 412
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
This is likely going to be a scenario where the original X-Men are more or less cameos.
Then why are there only four returning First Class actors? I'm not saying you're wrong -- but it doesn't make much sense based on what we know so far.

Cherry is offline  
Old 05-15-2013, 02:11 PM   #974
JP
To me
 
JP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 52,914
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
a) carry a movie with herself as the sole draw.
b) greenlight a movie with just her star power.

She has, and it was a hit, despite terrible reviews.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/...fthestreet.htm

JP is offline  
Old 05-15-2013, 02:13 PM   #975
Mr.M
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,627
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry View Post
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then. Walker and Brewster aren't really big names, I'll admit, but Michelle Rodriguez and Tyrese Gibson are.

I understand what you're saying about the difference between Potter/Twilight and a more open-ended franchise; I just feel that because Hollywood is built on continuing franchises that it wouldn't be unheard of for the OT cast to return for more installments. Now, do I see them doing three more? Probably not. But another after DOFP? Very, very possible.
We are going to see the trilogy model die out at some point. Actors will be expected to commit for 4-5 movies minimum. Unless you are an actor of a DDL or Denzel caliber, you are not going to see the big pay days without signing onto a major franchise at some point, be it in a featured or supporting role.

Mr.M is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.