The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Tech & Support

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2013, 11:48 PM   #926
The Riddler
WITH NEW MATERIAL
 
The Riddler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 18,916
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey-Bat View Post
I wouldn't say Motorola phones are garbage, but you'll have a much better experience if you root and freeze a lot of the bloatware. After ICS and JB, they got rid of some apps being required like SlingPlayer. They were really bad with getting ICS to some of the phones, but now that they have and JB is out, it's not much of an issue. The only reason I'll probably get a Razr M as my next phone is because the S3 and S4 are too big, the Galaxy Nexus doesn't support an microSD card slot, and I won't want to pay a premium for an off-contract S4 mini.
i thought the s3/s4 were too big as well, and then i realized it really isn't all that much bigger. the real estate is really used well on the s4; it's all screen and there's little wasted space. after playing with my friend's s3 for a while, i had a hard time going back to a smaller screen. after using the s4 for like a week now, there's really no going back.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Ok children, I got a question for you.
If Kmack > the rest of you.
And Riddler > Kmack
Does that mean Riddler = God?
The Riddler is offline  
Old 05-06-2013, 01:07 PM   #927
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury
 
Spidey-Bat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sudden Valley
Posts: 39,199
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post
i'm surprised so many people are defending moto.

the phones look disgusting. the kevlar back and the design language...i personally think it looks terrible and i would think the general public agrees. it's just so tacky. their track record for updates is terrible. they will likely get better on this front with google now owning them, but we'll see.

the problem with moto phones is that there's nothing special or worthwhile about them besides their big batteries. their screens are mediocre, their cameras are mediocre, their performance is mediocre, their ui isn't good...there's just no reason to buy a moto phone right now unless you really have some aversion to charging your phone once a day.

now the future moto phones under google? they may be worthwhile, but we'll have to wait and see on what they have coming. i've heard the rumored x phone won't nearly be as exciting as originally rumored.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post
i thought the s3/s4 were too big as well, and then i realized it really isn't all that much bigger. the real estate is really used well on the s4; it's all screen and there's little wasted space. after playing with my friend's s3 for a while, i had a hard time going back to a smaller screen. after using the s4 for like a week now, there's really no going back.
I've never found Motorola's phones to collectively look ugly, some I like some I don't. I personally like the design of the Bionic even though it's a little thick than most phones now. I don't really care about the back if its kevlar, I just want something that's solid and durable. Their updates are pretty poor but a lot of it is also due to the carrier. I agree the cameras are lousy, but in my case, I've always used a real camera in a situation where I want good pictures like when I went on vacation.

Motoblur has become closer to stock Android and a lot of bloatware apps aren't required anymore. As someone who roots anyway, this isn't a problem for me. I freeze the bloatware and use Nova Launcher.

It's not just the screen size of the S3/S4, but the whole device itself. I tried it out in a store. It's a great phone but I want something that I can easily use with one hand and comfortably put in my pocket. I'm not interested in watching Netflix or reading books on my phone.

Spidey-Bat is offline  
Old 05-06-2013, 03:18 PM   #928
the dmg
The Funky Homosapien
 
the dmg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Returning some video tapes...
Posts: 5,013
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post
i'm surprised so many people are defending moto.

the phones look disgusting. the kevlar back and the design language...i personally think it looks terrible and i would think the general public agrees. it's just so tacky.
I would have to disagree with this. OG Droid sold like crazy for Moto, and their Droid line has been a success for Motorola. The demand for the RAZR line became reinvigorated that Motorola ended up taking away exclusivity from Verizon to offer it on AT&T. To say the general public agrees is a complete fabrication.
Quote:
their track record for updates is terrible. they will likely get better on this front with google now owning them, but we'll see.
No one's denying this. In fact, Moto doesn't even deny it. They actually owned up to their slow updates and delays of promised updates.
Quote:
the problem with moto phones is that there's nothing special or worthwhile about them besides their big batteries. their screens are mediocre, their cameras are mediocre, their performance is mediocre, their ui isn't good...there's just no reason to buy a moto phone right now unless you really have some aversion to charging your phone once a day.
Bigger battery, better build quality, and better radios/chips in the phones. Everything else is pretty subjective (I actually like the screen over the S3's over-saturated one and this phone carries its weight in performance for what I need it to do), although I agree about the camera and the UI, but those are on the software side that can be fixed and in the case of Blur it can be replaced.
Quote:
now the future moto phones under google? they may be worthwhile, but we'll have to wait and see on what they have coming. i've heard the rumored x phone won't nearly be as exciting as originally rumored.
They said that their first won't be their "wow" phone. I still expect something in the high end offering at their conference though. They need to do that.

__________________
the DOG, the MAN, the GOD
the dmg is offline  
Old 05-06-2013, 03:29 PM   #929
The Riddler
WITH NEW MATERIAL
 
The Riddler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 18,916
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dmg View Post
I would have to disagree with this. OG Droid sold like crazy for Moto, and their Droid line has been a success for Motorola. The demand for the RAZR line became reinvigorated that Motorola ended up taking away exclusivity from Verizon to offer it on AT&T. To say the general public agrees is a complete fabrication.
i said that's what i thought, and i actually think the numbers support me. motorola has almost zero mind share on the market, and its market share is practically nonexistent. many people don't care about moto phones right now, and i still think the general public finds them ugly compared to the other phones available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the dmg View Post
Bigger battery, better build quality, and better radios/chips in the phones. Everything else is pretty subjective (I actually like the screen over the S3's over-saturated one and this phone carries its weight in performance for what I need it to do), although I agree about the camera and the UI, but those are on the software side that can be fixed and in the case of Blur it can be replaced.
i'd agree with good build quality (not necessarily better), but everything else is still worse off, imo. screen quality can be subjective, but it's worse now that moto hasn't released new phones to compete with the flagships that have objectively better screens.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Ok children, I got a question for you.
If Kmack > the rest of you.
And Riddler > Kmack
Does that mean Riddler = God?
The Riddler is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 01:26 AM   #930
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious
 
LibidoLoca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 14,154
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

Touched an S4 today at Walmart. The phone's back felt weird and kinda sticky (probably from someone with sticky hands), but the chrome sides felt great. I love the prickled texture which gave it a great grip. The screen was impressive and I could actually hold the phone which is an impressive feat considering I can't really hold a 5-inch phone (bad experience with the HTC Droid DNA). Not a bad phone.

__________________
BRYAN SINGER | ZACK SNYDER | JOSS WHEDON
APOCALYPSE | DAWN OF JUSTICE | AGE OF ULTRON
*\S/T*
LibidoLoca is online now  
Old 05-07-2013, 01:43 AM   #931
Nightmare
"Kill Them All"
 
Nightmare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Elm Street
Posts: 18,296
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

Waiting for the x phone or something else. That leaked LG phone is something im keeping my eye on. Those along with the Note 3 and nexus 5.

__________________
"After they killed me, I became something much, much worse. The stuff nightmares are made of. The children still feared me, and their fear gave me the power to invade their dreams, and that's when the fun REALLY began"
Nightmare is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 03:32 AM   #932
The Riddler
WITH NEW MATERIAL
 
The Riddler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 18,916
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Touched an S4 today at Walmart. The phone's back felt weird and kinda sticky (probably from someone with sticky hands), but the chrome sides felt great. I love the prickled texture which gave it a great grip. The screen was impressive and I could actually hold the phone which is an impressive feat considering I can't really hold a 5-inch phone (bad experience with the HTC Droid DNA). Not a bad phone.
i hope you disinfected.

i'd recommend a case to any s4 owner; it's so thin and light and the backing can be a bit smooth to the touch which may make it prone to dropping if you're not paying attention.

and yeah, the phone is not unwieldy at all; def the most manageable 5 inch screen on the market. looking at other phones now, i notice so much wasted real estate.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Ok children, I got a question for you.
If Kmack > the rest of you.
And Riddler > Kmack
Does that mean Riddler = God?
The Riddler is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 03:13 PM   #933
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious
 
LibidoLoca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 14,154
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post
i hope you disinfected.

i'd recommend a case to any s4 owner; it's so thin and light and the backing can be a bit smooth to the touch which may make it prone to dropping if you're not paying attention.

and yeah, the phone is not unwieldy at all; def the most manageable 5 inch screen on the market. looking at other phones now, i notice so much wasted real estate.
Yep, and my friends laughed when I said I carry a bottle of Purell everywhere I go.

__________________
BRYAN SINGER | ZACK SNYDER | JOSS WHEDON
APOCALYPSE | DAWN OF JUSTICE | AGE OF ULTRON
*\S/T*
LibidoLoca is online now  
Old 05-07-2013, 08:22 PM   #934
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious
 
LibidoLoca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 14,154
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

Ahhhh! Finally, Windows Phone has an official YouTube app, and it's really well done.

LibidoLoca is online now  
Old 05-08-2013, 12:12 AM   #935
the dmg
The Funky Homosapien
 
the dmg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Returning some video tapes...
Posts: 5,013
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post
i said that's what i thought, and i actually think the numbers support me. motorola has almost zero mind share on the market, and its market share is practically nonexistent.
Apart from Apple and Samsung, no phone manufacturer has a huge chunk in market share. I believe Moto is still in top five, but I could be wrong. Hell, a lot of people like HTC phones, yet last year they kept dropping in market share because they were producing too many phones and not focusing on flagships. Apple is struggling right now because they haven't done enough.

The phone market is tricky like that though. One minute Nokia is on top and the next their making Windows phones.
Quote:
many people don't care about moto phones right now, and i still think the general public finds them ugly compared to the other phones available.
Your opinion doesn't make these two things a fact, so please stop saying the general public believes they're ugly when you think they are. Here's a fact, many polls and such about the GS4 show that a lot of people did not like that it looks exactly like the GS3.
Quote:
i'd agree with good build quality (not necessarily better), but everything else is still worse off, imo. screen quality can be subjective, but it's worse now that moto hasn't released new phones to compete with the flagships that have objectively better screens.
They haven't released any new phones yet to compete with the others yet. Give it time.

__________________
the DOG, the MAN, the GOD
the dmg is offline  
Old 05-08-2013, 01:15 AM   #936
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious
 
LibidoLoca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 14,154
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

What's sad is that I think the S4's design is what the SIII's should have been.

__________________
BRYAN SINGER | ZACK SNYDER | JOSS WHEDON
APOCALYPSE | DAWN OF JUSTICE | AGE OF ULTRON
*\S/T*
LibidoLoca is online now  
Old 05-08-2013, 01:54 AM   #937
The Riddler
WITH NEW MATERIAL
 
The Riddler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 18,916
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dmg View Post
Your opinion doesn't make these two things a fact, so please stop saying the general public believes they're ugly when you think they are. Here's a fact, many polls and such about the GS4 show that a lot of people did not like that it looks exactly like the GS3.
i never said it was a fact. i'm saying what i think is true; pretty sure i've made that quite clear.

and yeah, the s4's design is basically a better version of the s3; not dissimilar to what apple has done with the marginal aesthetic updates to their iphones. i kinda skipped an entire generation of phones, though, so i think all the new phones look and feel brilliant. all the non-tech enthusiasts i know think the s4 looks amazing, but then again, more of them are using iphones, so it looks pretty similar to what they know.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Ok children, I got a question for you.
If Kmack > the rest of you.
And Riddler > Kmack
Does that mean Riddler = God?
The Riddler is offline  
Old 05-08-2013, 01:56 AM   #938
The Riddler
WITH NEW MATERIAL
 
The Riddler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 18,916
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
What's sad is that I think the S4's design is what the SIII's should have been.
yeah, the s3 was functionally nice, but the sides/edges are not good. i also hate that it has a slightly curved back and very rounded edges.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Ok children, I got a question for you.
If Kmack > the rest of you.
And Riddler > Kmack
Does that mean Riddler = God?
The Riddler is offline  
Old 05-08-2013, 01:57 AM   #939
The Riddler
WITH NEW MATERIAL
 
The Riddler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 18,916
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1





two of the home screens i've been using; i can't really decide which background to settle on, though.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Ok children, I got a question for you.
If Kmack > the rest of you.
And Riddler > Kmack
Does that mean Riddler = God?
The Riddler is offline  
Old 05-08-2013, 02:53 AM   #940
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury
 
Spidey-Bat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sudden Valley
Posts: 39,199
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

What clock widget and icon pack are you using?

Spidey-Bat is offline  
Old 05-09-2013, 01:52 PM   #941
the dmg
The Funky Homosapien
 
the dmg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Returning some video tapes...
Posts: 5,013
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post
i never said it was a fact. i'm saying what i think is true; pretty sure i've made that quite clear.

and yeah, the s4's design is basically a better version of the s3; not dissimilar to what apple has done with the marginal aesthetic updates to their iphones. i kinda skipped an entire generation of phones, though, so i think all the new phones look and feel brilliant. all the non-tech enthusiasts i know think the s4 looks amazing, but then again, more of them are using iphones, so it looks pretty similar to what they know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:




two of the home screens i've been using; i can't really decide which background to settle on, though.
Bruce Lee one is better, IMO. I like that the four tiles are center of the screen and create a square. Simple icons are real nice too.

__________________
the DOG, the MAN, the GOD
the dmg is offline  
Old 05-10-2013, 05:13 AM   #942
The Riddler
WITH NEW MATERIAL
 
The Riddler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 18,916
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey-Bat View Post
What clock widget and icon pack are you using?
digital clock xperia nxt (sweet cause it brings you to your alarm function when you touch it). icons: mnml white.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Ok children, I got a question for you.
If Kmack > the rest of you.
And Riddler > Kmack
Does that mean Riddler = God?
The Riddler is offline  
Old 05-14-2013, 03:59 AM   #943
Nakeshahendry
New User - Level 0
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

In your mind what is a GPS jammer and what can it do to help you? Only when you are in the situation that the GPS jammer is need you will understand how important and useful such kind of device is. Gaining more knowledge of the device? Just start and then you will have access to the best GPS jammer.

Nakeshahendry is offline  
Old 05-14-2013, 02:09 PM   #944
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious
 
LibidoLoca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 14,154
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

Now that Facebook Home appears to be a failure, will Zuckerberg please stop trying to infiltrate our smartphones outside of the Facebook app.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/AT-T-...-First_id42969

http://www.phonearena.com/news/AT-T-...o-date_id42951

__________________
BRYAN SINGER | ZACK SNYDER | JOSS WHEDON
APOCALYPSE | DAWN OF JUSTICE | AGE OF ULTRON
*\S/T*
LibidoLoca is online now  
Old 05-14-2013, 04:38 PM   #945
the dmg
The Funky Homosapien
 
the dmg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Returning some video tapes...
Posts: 5,013
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Now that Facebook Home appears to be a failure, will Zuckerberg please stop trying to infiltrate our smartphones outside of the Facebook app.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/AT-T-...-First_id42969

http://www.phonearena.com/news/AT-T-...o-date_id42951
It shouldn't come as a surprise. It was a bad idea to begin with. What they should have done is offer a premium FB app that does things the regular free app doesn't (which I don't really know since I don't have FB). Stick ads on the free version and offer some extra content.

__________________
the DOG, the MAN, the GOD
the dmg is offline  
Old 05-14-2013, 10:47 PM   #946
Trainwreck2100
Side-Kick
 
Trainwreck2100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,346
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
Waiting for the x phone or something else. That leaked LG phone is something im keeping my eye on. Those along with the Note 3 and nexus 5.
Wouldn't hold my breath on that LG phone after the disaster the Nexus release was


Last edited by Trainwreck2100; 05-14-2013 at 10:52 PM.
Trainwreck2100 is offline  
Old 05-14-2013, 11:30 PM   #947
the dmg
The Funky Homosapien
 
the dmg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Returning some video tapes...
Posts: 5,013
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck2100 View Post
Wouldn't hold my breath on that LG phone after the disaster the Nexus release was
The phone itself has been a success, but both Google and LG didn't expect that huge of a demand which is why LG can't keep up. It's being rumored that LG is making the Nexus 5, if it's true.

__________________
the DOG, the MAN, the GOD
the dmg is offline  
Old 05-15-2013, 01:13 AM   #948
Trainwreck2100
Side-Kick
 
Trainwreck2100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,346
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dmg View Post
The phone itself has been a success, but both Google and LG didn't expect that huge of a demand which is why LG can't keep up. It's being rumored that LG is making the Nexus 5, if it's true.
The phone we are talking about is the pitch that LG gave to google for the Nexus 5 but the big G haven't who is going to make the next Nexus

Meanwhile
Quote:
Samsung Galaxy S4 ‘Google Edition’ to be announced at Google I/O

The list of phones running the pure Google version of Android is about to increase by one as Samsung prepares the Galaxy S4 “Google Edition”.
Google’s big developer conference, I/O, is often the stage for new products, and this year is promising to be bigger than any other. Despite shifting from two smaller keynotes to one larger keynote, Google is ready to put on quite a show tomorrow. Part of the big day will be to announce a new version of Samsung’s latest flagship, the Galaxy S4. While Samsung’s phone is an incredible piece of hardware, many users find themselves less than pleased with Samsung’s version of Android. To resolve this once and for all, we’ve learned that a pure AOSP (Android Open Source Project) version of the Galaxy S4 is being prepped for launch and will be unveiled during the I/O keynote.
Not to be confused with a Nexus phone, which is a piece of hardware made with Google’s guiding hand, the Galaxy S4 GE will feature stock Android inside Samsung’s familiar plastic casing. According our sources on hand at Google I/O, this Google Edition phone is a collaboration between Samsung and Google to address a growing group of users that prefer stock Android on something other than a Nexus. In order to accomplish this right now, users would need to install custom versions of Android like CyanogenMod. Complete with removable battery and expandable storage with the MicroSD card slot, this phone could certainly address this growing niche.
This Google Edition S4 is expected to be made available starting in June and will be available on T-Mobile bands. At this time we are unaware of pricing or whether more bands will be made available. It’s also unclear if Samsung will be selling the phone or if it will be available through the Google Play Store.
http://www.geek.com/android/samsung-...le-io-1555174/

Trainwreck2100 is offline  
Old 05-15-2013, 01:19 PM   #949
the dmg
The Funky Homosapien
 
the dmg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Returning some video tapes...
Posts: 5,013
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck2100 View Post
The phone we are talking about is the pitch that LG gave to google for the Nexus 5 but the big G haven't who is going to make the next Nexus
Ah...I thought you were talking about the current Nexus. >_<

I thought that phone was rumored to be the new Optimus.

__________________
the DOG, the MAN, the GOD
the dmg is offline  
Old 05-15-2013, 09:09 PM   #950
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious
 
LibidoLoca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 14,154
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

The Goog now upset with Big Mike over the new YouTube app.

http://www.wpcentral.com/google-micr...e-store?page=1

I completely understand why Google wants it removed and in a perfect world they would have made one themselves. I'm hoping Microsoft will make an update for the app that will be more friendly with Google's Terms of Service. Although, some are saying that Microsoft won't be able to do this because they don't have proper access to Google's API.

__________________
BRYAN SINGER | ZACK SNYDER | JOSS WHEDON
APOCALYPSE | DAWN OF JUSTICE | AGE OF ULTRON
*\S/T*
LibidoLoca is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.