The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 09:59 AM   #76
FilmNerdJamie
Magneto was right!
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Lindelof is great at ****-talking on Twitter and being a wiener when called out for his "questionable" writing skills.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:00 AM   #77
DaJanksta
Henry Cavill's chest hair

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Agreed FNJ. The guy is not to be taken seriously lol.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:01 AM   #78
Megalith
Banned User

They should forget about a Justice League movie. The Flash sucks, the Green Lantern bombed, and who knows how a Wonder Woman origin story will translate on film.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:07 AM   #79
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalith View Post
They should forget about a Justice League movie. The Flash sucks, the Green Lantern bombed, and who knows how a Wonder Woman origin story will translate on film.
Get out... Even though they won't just "forget" about a JL movie.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:08 AM   #80
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User

Old 05-16-2013, 10:08 AM   #81
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

With the right cast and the right story, Wonder Woman would do very well on film .
They shouldnt dump all future plans and just focus on Superman and Batman, I want to see some of these other films too.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:08 AM   #82
ThreadPool
Internet Narcissist

As long a quality isn't compromised for world-building I'm fine with it.
WB will make a JL movie. Those potential dollar signs are too big to pass up.

That said, I'm hoping del Toro gets to make his JL: Dark film. *fingers crossed

COME SAY HELLO
SZA
Julia
Old 05-16-2013, 10:10 AM   #83
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Lindelof is hit or miss for me (I'm not going to burn him at the stake because he didn't fellate a movie we haven't seen yet) I love about 70% of Lost and both Star Trek films are great and I can not wait for Tommorrowland, but I'll never consider the guy who messed up Prometheus "a good writer".

Anyway, back to real talk. It is interesting that if they can't get a man running at top speed to look good on film, that pretty much makes the Flash film dead in the water. With that and Green Lantern pretty much untouchable for a while...maybe WB should just settle for a World's Finest/Trinity film. That alone would beat whatever Marvel cranks out.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Old 05-16-2013, 10:12 AM   #84
king666
(‿)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
I'm starting to think Zod is going to say "Kneel", lol

Old 05-16-2013, 10:14 AM   #85
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreadPool View Post
Dang! Beat me to it.
My 2 cents anyways:

Damon Lindelof () on the JLA movie and tone of Man of Steel

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/...league-problem

Wait, wait, wait... How would MoS benefit from being PG? The violence is toned down? Uh. And? That's what was wrong with the last (still PG-13) big-screen Supes. Aside from the airplane/shuttle rescue the large-scale action was nonexistent.
I am tired of hearing about Donner's Superman. We get it. It's a classic. Moving on.
"Dark" is way overused as a term.
Taking the movie seriously = Dark.
More themes to think about = Dark.
No wink, wink, nudge, nudge. You're watching a movie based on a comic book. = Dark
The first three Reeve movies were most likely only PG because the PG-13 rating didn't exist at the time. I think in some ways, the superhero genre is inherently PG-13 and it has nothing to do with modern-day edginess.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:18 AM   #86
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
The first three Reeve movies were most likely only PG because the PG-13 rating didn't exist at the time. I think in some ways, the superhero genre is inherently PG-13 and it has nothing to do with modern-day edginess.
Yep. I get what he was trying to say, but it's something best thought about before you make a statement, especially such a public one like that.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Old 05-16-2013, 10:19 AM   #87
DarkKnight FTW
Lantern Honor Guard

I hate the sentiment that PG-13 is Dark. PG-13 is such a broad rating, and they haven't even seen the movie yet. "It should be PG because its Superman." So what that it's Superman.

CBM: BatLantern28
Twitter: Illusive_Man_1
XBL: DarkKnight FTW
Old 05-16-2013, 10:21 AM   #88
ThreadPool
Internet Narcissist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
Very true. Every time I see a comic movie preview on tv say, "This film is not yet rated."
I'm like,"Ha! PG-13."

COME SAY HELLO
SZA
Julia

Last edited by ThreadPool; 05-16-2013 at 10:25 AM.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:23 AM   #89
LordofhouseEl
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
Lindelof is hit or miss for me (I'm not going to burn him at the stake because he didn't fellate a movie we haven't seen yet) I love about 70% of Lost and both Star Trek films are great and I can not wait for Tommorrowland, but I'll never consider the guy who messed up Prometheus "a good writer".

Anyway, back to real talk. It is interesting that if they can't get a man running at top speed to look good on film, that pretty much makes the Flash film dead in the water. With that and Green Lantern pretty much untouchable for a while...maybe WB should just settle for a World's Finest/Trinity film. That alone would beat whatever Marvel cranks out.
It will be hard to do the flash but give him a decent director and it can be done, super speed can be utilised in so many ways.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:31 AM   #90
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by king666 View Post
I'm starting to think Zod is going to say "Kneel", lol
I've been telling y'all that for the longest time and I've been told I'm crazy. You can hear it in his damn message and more and more merchandise has some variation of "Kneel before Zod" on it. I'm telling you he says it...and if he doesn't I'll honestly be shocked

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 05-16-2013, 10:32 AM   #91
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordofhouseEl View Post
It will be hard to do the flash but give him a decent director and it can be done, super speed can be utilised in so many ways.
They've stretched the Flashes' abilities in so many ways in the comics that he's almost akin to the silver age Superman with what he can do. Not a criticism though, but they've made it seem like the Flashes have several abilities when it's only one ability being used in creative ways.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:38 AM   #92
Megalith
Banned User

The ending to TDKR was a terrible mistake. A Bale and Cavill team-up film would have even more weight than The Avengers.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:43 AM   #93
jasvll
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreadPool View Post
Dang! Beat me to it.
My 2 cents anyways:

Damon Lindelof () on the JLA movie and tone of Man of Steel

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/...league-problem

Wait, wait, wait... How would MoS benefit from being PG? The violence is toned down? Uh. And? That's what was wrong with the last (still PG-13) big-screen Supes. Aside from the airplane/shuttle rescue the large-scale action was nonexistent.
I am tired of hearing about Donner's Superman. We get it. It's a classic. Moving on.
"Dark" is way overused as a term.
Taking the movie seriously = Dark.
More themes to think about = Dark.
No wink, wink, nudge, nudge. You're watching a movie based on a comic book. = Dark
Not to mention, the only reason S:TM was PG was because PG-13 didn't exist, yet.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:43 AM   #94
Notrip
SuperDaD

anyone on the Hype from the Fargo area in North Dakota? National Guard in North Dakota are having a special screening June 12th at 6PM (all you have to do is email them - details on ND guard facebook page - and then you get an invite, based on first come basis) I really hope my state does this!

Amy Adams - Lois Lane
? - Jim Gordon
Hugh Laurie - Alfred

Old 05-16-2013, 10:44 AM   #95
jasvll
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
I've been telling y'all that for the longest time and I've been told I'm crazy. You can hear it in his damn message and more and more merchandise has some variation of "Kneel before Zod" on it. I'm telling you he says it...and if he doesn't I'll honestly be shocked
You're crazy.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:45 AM   #96
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

So, no new TV spots last night? Really?

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 05-16-2013, 10:45 AM   #97
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalith View Post
So...no one should even try to make a good movie with these characters? They should just give up on all other characters and just make Batman and Superman movies over and over and over........

Old 05-16-2013, 10:46 AM   #98
jacobed
Banned User

Holy crap I'm from Fargo

Old 05-16-2013, 10:46 AM   #99
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ Nolan was DOOMED for TDKR. If he made it closed-ended (which he did), he would be betraying the spirit of comics. If he made it open-ended, WB would be badgering him for yet another sequel.

That being said, I don't think ZS should escape a niche that seems very promising to him, so I'm hoping any closed-ended script is rejected by him

Old 05-16-2013, 10:48 AM   #100
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post

I dont think Lindelof is Solely responsible for the failure of Prometheus .
Lindelof cant just walk in and tinker with a script.
The studio wanted it .
The director wanted it .

Closed Thread