Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 02:40 AM   #976
Bren
Forevernoob

Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I tried to admire Routh's looks but the more I saw of him the more "eh" he became. There is a blandness to his good looks
My Wife felt the same, and actually said based purely on look, he was better looking with white hair in that Scott Pilgrim movie. I can see what she meant.

Old 05-16-2013, 12:54 PM   #977
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I tried to admire Routh's looks but the more I saw of him the more "eh" he became. There is a blandness to his good looks and I think he is a bad actor with very little screen presence .

I thought that Cavill had pretty good screen prescence in Immortals and was decent acting wise. That film isn't about acting though so no one was amazing or anything. I don't think you need a superb actor for the role or anything but I could hardly stand Routh. He did have a good Superman look though.

The biggest difference between Cavill and Routh is sex appeal, Cavill has him completely beat in that area. And as a young lady, it's awesome seeing a sexy Superman.
Most definitely.

I know it must seem like it from the outside looking in at this thread, but it really isn't just about his physical appearance

The reason that he is so entrancing is his charisma. He is the epitome of class in every interview, has a subtle, intelligent sense of humour and has a raw sexual magnetism that he can crank up (as seen in the Tudors), to the point of having a bit of 'bad boy' about him as well.

Routh has none of that. He's an attractive man, sure. You could never call him ugly, and I know I thought he was beautiful when he was first call and all the way through SR.

But I was a lot younger then. I'm not into that kind of thing anymore. I'm into manly sexy beasts!

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 05-16-2013, 01:04 PM   #978
Tobias
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
Most definitely.

I know it must seem like it from the outside looking in at this thread, but it really isn't just about his physical appearance

The reason that he is so entrancing is his charisma. He is the epitome of class in every interview, has a subtle, intelligent sense of humour and has a raw sexual magnetism that he can crank up (as seen in the Tudors), to the point of having a bit of 'bad boy' about him as well.

Routh has none of that. He's an attractive man, sure. You could never call him ugly, and I know I thought he was beautiful when he was first call and all the way through SR.

But I was a lot younger then. I'm not into that kind of thing anymore. I'm into manly sexy beasts!
Funny thing is my neighbor is a big comic book fan but is not going to MOS cause he doesn't like Superman. However, his girlfriend is going. She loved him from Tudors and loves his rear (ahem) "assets".

The thing that got me to come around on Cavill was seeing him from ComiCon footage and interacting with fans. In the Immortals panel he was reserved and almost shy in answering questions - letting the others have the spotlight. Yet I saw a video of him interacting w/fans outside a restaurant and he was incredibly funny, giving of his time to all the fans present - he guaranteed autographs to all. Not shy at all.

I saw him in an interview and he mentioned his 4 brothers and very seriously said they were all better looking than him. Very modest about himself it seems.

He has class - the British are known for that. Not so much Americans. He always says thank you and pardon me.

After seeing that I was sold.

He is a pretty boy but also has a manly rugged quality. Guys appreciate that as opposed to a strict pretty boy type. He's someone you'd love to go out and have a beer with - from a guy's perspective.

Last edited by Tobias; 05-16-2013 at 01:12 PM.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:23 PM   #979
Hellion
The Hype's Disney XD Fan

I'm a bit upset with a friend...she won't see MoS since Superman/Clark's being played by a Brit, Superman should be exclusively American in her opinion

Of all the things to potentially nitpick about a film...and this is it

Her loss. LOL. I can still oggle Henry.

Thank you for your vote, Hellion. (now I'd vote for you! :) )
Hellion...Sagittarius...half man, half horse.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:26 PM   #980
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

^ Unfriend...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
Funny thing is my neighbor is a big comic book fan but is not going to MOS cause he doesn't like Superman. However, his girlfriend is going. She loved him from Tudors and loves his rear (ahem) "assets".

The thing that got me to come around on Cavill was seeing him from ComiCon footage and interacting with fans. In the Immortals panel he was reserved and almost shy in answering questions - letting the others have the spotlight. Yet I saw a video of him interacting w/fans outside a restaurant and he was incredibly funny, giving of his time to all the fans present - he guaranteed autographs to all. Not shy at all.

I saw him in an interview and he mentioned his 4 brothers and very seriously said they were all better looking than him. Very modest about himself it seems.

He has class - the British are known for that. Not so much Americans. He always says thank you and pardon me.

After seeing that I was sold.

He is a pretty boy but also has a manly rugged quality. Guys appreciate that as opposed to a strict pretty boy type. He's someone you'd love to go out and have a beer with - from a guy's perspective.
I'd love to go for a beer with him! Especially after he said he likes a woman to be a good drinking buddy

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 05-16-2013, 01:30 PM   #981
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
I'm a bit upset with a friend...she won't see MoS since Superman/Clark's being played by a Brit, Superman should be exclusively American in her opinion

But Batman and Spiderman are okay? Why be character-ist?

But yes, more for you to ogle.

Old 05-16-2013, 01:30 PM   #982
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

Quote:

Aw man that sucks. Well, I'm sure we all talked about how many of our heroes are being played by British actors.

Old 05-16-2013, 01:40 PM   #983
Hellion
The Hype's Disney XD Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickoray View Post
Aw man that sucks. Well, I'm sure we all talked about how many of our heroes are being played by British actors.

If their a decent actor and can pull off the roll, why give a flying fig? LOL.

The British actor issue, which continues to rear its head, never bugged me in the least.

Quote:
But Batman and Spiderman are okay? Why be character-ist?
I might give her Andrew, she is aware of his dual citizenship and has used that in her defense of of Spider-Man, but I may offer a rebuttal and have to re-remind her of Christian.

Old 05-16-2013, 01:54 PM   #984
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

Quote:
If their a decent actor and can pull off the roll, why give a flying fig? LOL.

The British actor issue, which continues to rear its head, never bugged me in the least.

I might give her Andrew, she is aware of his dual citizenship and has used that in her defense of of Spider-Man, but I may offer a rebuttal and have to re-remind her of Christian.
Oh no I totally agree. I mean it's not like they're gonna hop on screen WITH their British accent haha. They're actors, good actors, and they know what they're doing.

And are you kidding me? Andrew is my fav of the bunch. Garfield ftw.

Old 05-16-2013, 02:03 PM   #985
Hellion
The Hype's Disney XD Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickoray View Post
And are you kidding me? Andrew is my fav of the bunch. Garfield ftw.

Old 05-16-2013, 03:36 PM   #986
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
^ Unfriend...

I'd love to go for a beer with him! Especially after he said he likes a woman to be a good drinking buddy
Uh, I have never tasted a drop of alcohol but if Henry freakin Cavill asked me to have a beer with him I would.

2014 IS THE YEAR DC/WB DECIDED TO GET SERIOUS.

Last edited by I SEE SPIDEY; 05-16-2013 at 04:54 PM.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:31 PM   #987
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:

I've never understood this mentality at all for any character. It's just an actor on a screen. As long as he's convinced her that he's the character he claims to be, why does she care where he comes from?

Old 05-16-2013, 06:17 PM   #988
Obi Wan Kenobi
Banned User

Default 2 things still killing me about MOS

Sorry if this isn't the right thread or its suppose to be in the Cavill thread. But after seeing the trailers and TV spots I'm very cautiously optimistic. I thought this movie would be another flop, but it looks to be epic.

But 2 things are still driving me crazy. Cavill simply isn't tall enough. Supes should be 6'3 to 6'5. Just my opinion.

Second the no split curl is just annoying the hell out of me. I know Synder wanted to be different and totally ignore the Donner universe but Superman's height is important and the split curl is iconic. Superman without it is like Darth Vader without the breathing, Batman without his utility belt, Ferraris without gasoline engines, the yankess without pinstripes. Its something iconic that makes his recognizeable.

It just aint right!!!!!!!!!!! Anybody else bothered by these 2 things?

Old 05-16-2013, 06:28 PM   #989
Stephen K. Hone
Side-Kick

Default Re: 2 things still killing me about MOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi Wan Kenobi View Post
Sorry if this isn't the right thread or its suppose to be in the Cavill thread. But after seeing the trailers and TV spots I'm very cautiously optimistic. I thought this movie would be another flop, but it looks to be epic.

But 2 things are still driving me crazy. Cavill simply isn't tall enough. Supes should be 6'3 to 6'5. Just my opinion.

Second the no split curl is just annoying the hell out of me. I know Synder wanted to be different and totally ignore the Donner universe but Superman's height is important and the split curl is iconic. Superman without it is like Darth Vader without the breathing, Batman without his utility belt, Ferraris without gasoline engines, the yankess without pinstripes. Its something iconic that makes his recognizeable.

It just aint right!!!!!!!!!!! Anybody else bothered by these 2 things?

Possibly he'll get the spit curl somewhere in the movie, but height isn't an issue imo. What are you going to do, take a tape measure to the movies? BTW. Robert Downey Jr is about 5' 7" and change. Does he look small on the screen? Movie magic baby!

Last edited by Stephen K. Hone; 05-16-2013 at 06:35 PM.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:32 PM   #990
Kane52630
Bio-Digtial Jazz, Man.

I'm not bothered by it, it's time to move on and advance the character.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 05-16-2013, 06:36 PM   #991
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 05-16-2013, 06:46 PM   #992
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Oh yeah, it will ruin the movie....

Old 05-16-2013, 06:46 PM   #993
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

See the movie .
I am sure that you will see many great things that will outweigh your concerns .

Old 05-16-2013, 06:49 PM   #994
Transcended
Gunning for Metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen K. Hone View Post
Possibly he'll get the spit curl somewhere in the movie, but height isn't an issue imo. What are you going to do, take a tape measure to the movies? BTW. Robert Downey Jr is about 5' 7" and change. Does he look small on the screen? Movie magic baby!
...I'm taller than Robert Downey Jr.?

*paradigm shift*

Old 05-16-2013, 06:53 PM   #995
Caped Crusader
The One Man Who Beat You

Bane is close to 7'0 tall, Tom Hardy is like 5'10. /end thread

Old 05-16-2013, 07:04 PM   #996
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!

.........This is actually worth a thread?

Old 05-16-2013, 07:12 PM   #997
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen K. Hone View Post
On The Daily Show, RDJ was the same height as Jon Stewart (who's 5'7") and it was ADORABLE! Usually the guests tower over Jon, so it was nice to see someone his size for once.

And of course a few inches in height doesn't matter, as long they have the right general body type to play the character....

Old 05-16-2013, 07:17 PM   #998
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I never got the obsession with height on the big screen. I guess the dude playing Superman should be tallish. And that's what Cavil is. He's tall enough and Superman doesn't get his powers from being 6'3-6'5."

Old 05-16-2013, 07:23 PM   #999
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
See the movie .
I am sure that you will see many great things that will outweigh your concerns .
XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
I'm not bothered by it, it's time to move on and advance the character.
Yes. That can apply to most reboots today.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:33 PM   #1000
Andreth
Side-Kick

ANYWAY
he was with Amy in Boston doing a photoshot, and the paparazzi got him
lol

“Did you ever use your British accent on American girls?” [x]

video: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=649236788425091

Oh TMZ
And Henry is so nice to them.

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD

Last edited by Andreth; 05-16-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Closed Thread