The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2013, 10:40 AM   #26
Bruce Banner
Functional, but hammered.
 
Bruce Banner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Storage Unit
Posts: 3,597
Default Re: Bruce Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthcoolness3 View Post
I think Bruce Banner ate too much Shawarma in the Avengers not because of the Hulk Transformation.
QUIET, YOU!


Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Don't really like the short hair, hope he grows it back for A2, but still glad to see him pop up again.

__________________
Member of the SHH Rockstar Team:
http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/...uper_hero_hype

avy by Kane52630
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:56 AM   #27
JerseyJoker
Side-Kick
 
JerseyJoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Jersey Represent!!
Posts: 1,820
Default Re: Bruce Banner

There was a motivation for the post-credit scenes in Phase one. To set up the next film.

In Phase 2 and after a billion dollar grossing Avengers film...do we still need to let the audience know WHO Thor and Cap are? Maybe Gaurdians, but they aren't coming out till next year and if anything that would be more suited to a post Thor credit than IM3.

The post credits now can just be fun gags or just little cameo appearances like Bruce, not all having to be a set up.

__________________
This is my blog:

The Jersey Critic (Latest Review: The Wolverine!)

Visit. Enjoy. Comment.
JerseyJoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:35 PM   #28
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction
 
Gamma Goliath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,300
Default Re: Bruce Banner

Well it looks like mark ruffalo is the first actor to portray Bruce banner in a movie and reprise the role in some fashion . (Not counting bill bixby )

__________________
"It's the possibility of a dream coming true that makes life interesting."
Gamma Goliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:05 PM   #29
third3ye
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 137
Default Re: Bruce Banner

I was initially disappointed when the web spoiled this after credit scene as I wanted a GotG connection in IM3, but the scene with Banner was funny and kept the light-hearted vibe of the entire movie.

In an attempt to dissect the intent of this scene, maybe Marvel wants to make a statement: this is Tony Stark's movie, period; they've already tied the movies together in Phase One and have no desire to give us easter eggs in the ACS; lastly they still feel Banner/Hulk isn't ready for a solo film yet and this is the capacity they'd like to use Ruffalo for the time being.

third3ye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:07 PM   #30
JerseyJoker
Side-Kick
 
JerseyJoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Jersey Represent!!
Posts: 1,820
Default Re: Bruce Banner

Plus Tony and Bruce are science buddies, so its cool to see that them driving off at the end of Avengers wasn't just some nice shot, these two keep a close knit friendship. Because you have to be a close friend if Tony is going to tell his traumas to you.

__________________
This is my blog:

The Jersey Critic (Latest Review: The Wolverine!)

Visit. Enjoy. Comment.
JerseyJoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:59 AM   #31
DaddlerTheDalek
Starship Captain
 
DaddlerTheDalek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Germany, NRW
Posts: 826
Default Re: Bruce Banner

Banner was funny in this Scene.

DaddlerTheDalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:19 AM   #32
catintheengine
Registered Rhymnicologist
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Under a rock
Posts: 258
Default Re: Bruce Banner

I have to say, I can't believe how bad some of the backlash on this has been. Seriously. It was a fun little scene, it gave a quick laugh, and a nice little cameo for Ruffalo.

I've seen (elsewhere, not so much here) a lot of people up in arms about the fact that nothing was set up and Marvel screwed up and it was a terrible waste of film and blah, blah, blah.

Your anger is unjustified. Marvel doesn't OWE us these scenes, they do it for fun, or as a nod to the fans.

catintheengine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:24 AM   #33
ShadowBoxer
Side-Kick
 
ShadowBoxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,570
Default Re: Bruce Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by catintheengine View Post
I have to say, I can't believe how bad some of the backlash on this has been. Seriously. It was a fun little scene, it gave a quick laugh, and a nice little cameo for Ruffalo.

I've seen (elsewhere, not so much here) a lot of people up in arms about the fact that nothing was set up and Marvel screwed up and it was a terrible waste of film and blah, blah, blah.

Your anger is unjustified. Marvel doesn't OWE us these scenes, they do it for fun, or as a nod to the fans.
Excatly, we don't need every marvel movie to set up the next movie in the universe. Though I am sure Cap or Thor will tease Guardians. Then Guardians will tease Avengers 2.

ShadowBoxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:09 AM   #34
metaphysician
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,807
Default Re: Bruce Banner

Honestly, I suspect the main reason they didn't give a forward-looking stinger is that the next movie is Thor 2, and they don't think they *need* a stinger to create interest.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:59 PM   #35
JerseyJoker
Side-Kick
 
JerseyJoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Jersey Represent!!
Posts: 1,820
Default Re: Bruce Banner

Plus the first two Iron Man end credits were needed. They needed to establish the Universe and help give people something to talk about going into Thor.

Now? The universe is more than established. Thor is known to 1 billion dollars worth of people. So why not let Iron Man 3 ... be what everyone has been calling it? A stand alone film. Let it be about Tony and just Tony (and a lil Bruce)

__________________
This is my blog:

The Jersey Critic (Latest Review: The Wolverine!)

Visit. Enjoy. Comment.
JerseyJoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:15 PM   #36
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs
 
Golgo-13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: The Creative Mind
Posts: 24,520
Default Re: Bruce Banner

He did indeed look a little chubbier in this scene, but considering the time from when we last saw him during the Avengers promo stuff and now, i say he probably gained it for a role.

__________________
"And a man, a man provides. And he does it even when he's not appreciated, or respected, or even loved. He simply bears up and he does it. Because he's a man."
- Gus Fring
Golgo-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:04 PM   #37
Marvel
Side-Kick
 
Marvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,112
Default Re: Bruce Banner

I would have liked to have seen Tony notice Bruce had nodded off and then hit him to startle him awake. Then show Bruce's eyes turn green and Tony say "I've had enough of this crap this week" and run out of the room.

Fade to black.

Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:33 PM   #38
storyteller
Side-Kick
 
storyteller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,745
Default Re: Bruce Banner

What i like to think about this scene is that Starks crap is still nothing compared to Banner. I just want to believe that Banner is trying to catch up on some sleep from stopping the Leader and the Abomination.

__________________
------------------------------------------

Its time to be a man..................and run away.
storyteller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:56 PM   #39
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs
 
Golgo-13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: The Creative Mind
Posts: 24,520
Default Re: Bruce Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Honestly, I suspect the main reason they didn't give a forward-looking stinger is that the next movie is Thor 2, and they don't think they *need* a stinger to create interest.
..or more so this one kinda closed off the IM trilogy.

__________________
"And a man, a man provides. And he does it even when he's not appreciated, or respected, or even loved. He simply bears up and he does it. Because he's a man."
- Gus Fring
Golgo-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:54 PM   #40
metaphysician
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,807
Default Re: Bruce Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgo-13 View Post
..or more so this one kinda closed off the IM trilogy.
It capped Tony's character development that began in IM1, but it hardly ended him as a character. It is way, way overreaching to pretend that he quit being Iron Man forever. He hasn't even quit being Iron Man *temporarily*. All he did was decide to stop using the armor as a psychological crutch.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:08 PM   #41
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs
 
Golgo-13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: The Creative Mind
Posts: 24,520
Default Re: Bruce Banner

Ruffulo is in the new flick Now You see Me, and looks like he did in The Avengers (weight-wise) so i assume the weight gain as noticed in IM3 , as i said before, was for a role.

__________________
"And a man, a man provides. And he does it even when he's not appreciated, or respected, or even loved. He simply bears up and he does it. Because he's a man."
- Gus Fring
Golgo-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:15 PM   #42
Kahran Ramsus
Side-Kick
 
Kahran Ramsus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: The Sunshine State
Posts: 4,896
Default Re: Bruce Banner

Loved the stinger. Best one since Iron Man 1, and possibly the best gag in the film.

Kahran Ramsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:48 PM   #43
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip
 
Spider-Fan83's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 5,815
Default Re: Bruce Banner

this could've been a good opportunity for a reference to Doc Samson

Bring back Ty Burrell

Spider-Fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:18 PM   #44
Doc Ock
Hellboy for Halloween?
 
Doc Ock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oklahoma, US
Posts: 7,692
Default Re: Bruce Banner

I love Ruffalo's Banner and got such a stupid grin on my face upon realizing Tony was telling the story to him! I was expected something to do with space in the after-credits scene but I'm actually not disappointed about it!

__________________
The Winter Soldier - 9/10 | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 6.5/10 | Days of Future Past - 9/10 | TMNT - ???? | Guardians of the Galaxy - 10/10
Doc Ock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:01 PM   #45
amazingfantasy15
Side-Kick
 
amazingfantasy15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Posts: 12,343
Default Re: Bruce Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyJoker View Post
Plus the first two Iron Man end credits were needed. They needed to establish the Universe and help give people something to talk about going into Thor.

Now? The universe is more than established. Thor is known to 1 billion dollars worth of people. So why not let Iron Man 3 ... be what everyone has been calling it? A stand alone film. Let it be about Tony and just Tony (and a lil Bruce)
I'm not even sure the second Iron Man's post credits-scene was needed, most of the people staying behind are the fans and they already knew who Thor was and it was coming out. I liked the scene, but it really there wasn't much in it. I would've much rather they kept the Iron Man, but not Tony scene for post-credits.

__________________
Until Spidey and MJ are back together again, Make Mine DC, 'nuff said.
amazingfantasy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #46
Human Torch
OK,who brought the dog?
 
Human Torch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 8,184
Default Re: Bruce Banner

I didn't notice Ruffalo being any chunkier,but the grey hair was a bit much.I mean,I know Ruff's way in his 40's,but lets not make Banner look any older than he has to.

Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:19 PM   #47
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist
 
Doc Samson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: GammaBase
Posts: 4,241
Default Re: Bruce Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan83 View Post
this could've been a good opportunity for a reference to Doc Samson

Bring back Ty Burrell
I never understood how that was going to work. Body suit? Cgi? Whatever the case, his face would have to stay essentially the same (if not younger) but with about 100 pounds more muscle. Somewhat tricky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
I didn't notice Ruffalo being any chunkier,but the grey hair was a bit much.I mean,I know Ruff's way in his 40's,but lets not make Banner look any older than he has to.
I have no issue with Banner (and Stark for that matter) looking older, I think it's appropriate. To be the foremost expert in Gamma Radiation, I assume would take years to accomplish. And personally, I liked the little touch of gray hair on the Hulk too

__________________
"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Doc Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.