The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Nintendo

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 07:31 PM   #351
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

Default Re: Offical The Legend of Zelda Thread - Part 1

Anyone else get enraged by that snake boss in A Link to the Past?

Last edited by Matt Mortem; 05-16-2013 at 07:54 PM.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:12 AM   #352
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

I remember getting stuck somewhere, but I don't remember where.

My first play through of ALttP, I got stuck and it pissed me off so much that I put the game down for several months before picking it up and finishing it.

I've been meaning to go back and play it straight through (it's been years since I've played it anyway). Maybe now is the time to do it.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:17 AM   #353
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
Anyone else get enraged by that snake boss in A Link to the Past?
The one where it forced you into the pit and you had to go all the way back to fight him while its health is reset?

Old 05-17-2013, 01:46 PM   #354
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_agent View Post
The one where it forced you into the pit and you had to go all the way back to fight him while its health is reset?
Yep, that's the one. I don't think I'll be finishing A Link to the Past. I spent three hours trying to beat that boss and I don't think it's doable.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:52 PM   #355
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

Isn't that guy pretty early on in the game too?

Old 05-17-2013, 01:53 PM   #356
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow_King View Post
Isn't that guy pretty early on in the game too?
Maybe. He's all the stands between me and getting the Master Sword to advance the game.

Old 05-17-2013, 07:55 PM   #357
Benstamania
Finished The Fight

OoA/OoS pricing is...Really nice.

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons was previously announced to launch on the Nintendo eShop on May 30, but now we know its price, which will be discounted for a short time.

The game will launch on May 30 for $5.99, but for the first three weeks it'll be one dollar off. From May 30 until June 20 it will cost $4.99, so get the complementary Zelda games for $10. Although complimentary Zelda games sounds so much better.

--Joystiq

Old 05-17-2013, 09:00 PM   #358
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

The pricing guarantee's I'll buy them. I was expecting it cost more than that.

Old 05-26-2013, 06:41 PM   #359
SirAconite
Newbie First Class

The thought that I have always wondered being, what if Ganondorf had a child? Would the triforce remain with him, or split in half ala Tetra and King Hyrule?

Old 09-16-2013, 08:22 PM   #360
zenith16
Side-Kick

Features

What’s New in The Legend Of Zelda: Wind Waker HD?

Wind Waker HD doesn't just offer better graphics. There are new puzzles and levels as well, and Marissa has all the details.

source:EPD.TV/ROTR

Old 09-16-2013, 08:56 PM   #361
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAconite View Post
The thought that I have always wondered being, what if Ganondorf had a child? Would the triforce remain with him, or split in half ala Tetra and King Hyrule?
It's sort of vague how that works exactly. I just assumed it passes on to the next of kin when the current wielder dies.

Twilight Princess Link already has the mark / Triforce of Courage, which seems to suggest he is a direct descendant of Ocarina of Time Link (which seems to be implied by the latter's spirit, who calls him "my child").

By comparison, Wind Waker Link, who is unrelated to Ocarina of Time Link, has to actually collect the Triforce of Courage himself.

Since Ganondorf never seems to stay dead, that sucks for his heir(s).

Old 09-17-2013, 09:56 PM   #362
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

Check this out! Windwaker wall decals, for real.

http://twodashstash.com/2013/09/wind...cals-sale-now/

Check it out! Then check out our Facebook page! Also, we're on Twitter! @Guardians_Comic
Old 09-30-2013, 12:05 PM   #363
jacobed
Banned User

Really really really really loving Wind Waker hd. Loved the original, thought it was the best zelda and it still is. This is the best looking game of the year. Just beautiful

Old 09-30-2013, 08:10 PM   #364
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

I want it SOOOOOO BAAAADDDDD. I gotta wait till my birthday next month, plus I have absolutely no free time nowadays.

Old 09-30-2013, 11:36 PM   #365
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

I just really can't get excited for the Wind Waker HD. I already own the original.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:36 AM   #366
jacobed
Banned User

Good for you. I do not. Though I did play it when it first came out. This HD version is game of the year for me easily or at least tied with Bioshock Infinite

Old 10-01-2013, 12:39 AM   #367
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

Really? Wow. High praise.

Check it out! Then check out our Facebook page! Also, we're on Twitter! @Guardians_Comic
Old 10-01-2013, 12:21 PM   #368
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter View Post
I just really can't get excited for the Wind Waker HD. I already own the original.
I would agree except that it's a beautiful game that will look terrible on an HDTV since the Wii can't do better than 480p.

Old 10-01-2013, 01:18 PM   #369
Tron Bonne
Revolution in Ink

I got the bundle. Wasn't going to originally since I did play and beat Wind Waker on the GC, but I never did actually own, so I figured what the hell. It's as good as I remember, and they did a great job on the remaster. I think the cell shading lends itself to this much more gracefully than more realistic graphics tend to (be interesting to see what Twilight Princess looks like when it get the eventual treatment because of that fact). I also forgot how quick it picks up, too, no dragging at all.

Anyway, there was a new direct this mourning and they talked about A Link Between Worlds. They're changing up the formula somewhat. Instead of having a dungeon in which you find an item within to defeat said dungeon, you now have the ability to rent all items and go through the dungeons at your own pace. Seems to me like they want to simulate the more open world feel of the original Zelda game somewhat with this system.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:30 PM   #370
Soapy
It's happening again...

Sounds cool.

Old 10-02-2013, 06:25 PM   #371
zenith16
Side-Kick

The Legend of Zelda Producer Asks “Why Does It Have To Be Traditional?”. October 2, 2013 . 2:05pm

“When I say I’m tired, I’m not talking about making Zelda, but rather, the same constituent that has been used to make Zelda up until now,” says Zelda producer Eiji Aonuma.
Quote:

In addition to the recently released The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD, series producer Eiji Aonuma has had his hands full working on two other games—The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds and a new Zelda title for Wii U. During a lengthy interview with 4Gamer, he briefly talks about the new game and what makes The Legend of Zelda what it is.

4Gamer asks about the development of the new Legend of Zelda for Wii U, a game many fans have wondered about since Nintendo’s Zelda tech demo from E3 2012.

“It’s going well!” exclaims Aonuma. “We’re incorporating HD features we tried in the Wind Waker,and vice-versa, by applying HD features from it to the Wind Waker. Since it’s a remake, we’ve been limited regarding what we can do with the Wii U Gamepad; however, for the new title we’ll have various ways of using [the device].”

Since the two games seem to have been an influence to each other, 4Gamer asks if we’ll be seeing any sort of connection between the new Wii U Zelda title in The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD.

“I believe so,” answers Aonuma. “For example, traveling while having the map displayed on the Wii U GamePad made it really comfortable [to play], and I believe this can also be done for other areas besides the ocean. Parts that I felt were fun while playing [The Wind Waker HD] will assuredly have an influence on the next title, without a doubt.”

After joining the development team for the Zelda series, starting with The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Eiji Aonuma went on to direct and produce several other Zelda titles through the span of four Nintendo console generations. Of all his accomplishments in the series, 4Gamer asks which one is his favorite.

“This is a question that I’m often asked, but to me, ‘the one I’m working on’ will always be my favorite,” responds Aonuma.

“When I start working on something, from the moment I wake up in the morning until I sleep at night, it’s all I think of. So this time, it would be The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.”

4Gamer then say they’ve had something in mind that they absolutely felt the need to ask Aonuma about himself, regarding the topic “Aonuma is tired of making Zelda games.”

While The Legend of Zelda producer was not aware of the word that has spread across the Internet, 4Gamer reiterates that during an interview with foreign press, Aonuma had stated, “If I’m getting tired of it, then I’m sure other people are getting tired of it,” which was misinterpreted by many as “Aonuma is tired of making Zelda games.”

“I see,” Aonuma replies with a laugh. “When I say I’m tired, I’m not talking about making Zelda, but rather, the same constituent that has been used to make Zelda up until now. While on the subject, in regard to how we’ve always done things the traditional way until now: ‘Why does it have to be traditional?’ That’s the question I’ve been asking myself.”

He continues, “If we don’t change that, we can’t make something new. We’re slightly approaching The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds with that mindset, and also the next Zelda title, which we intend to continue changing. However, this brings us to the topic, ‘Exactly what is The Legend of Zelda about?”

The man who is in charge of all-things Zelda explains that this is a topic that is occasionally discussed with Nintendo’s Shigeru Miyamoto. For example, it is a requirement for there to be a Princess Zelda, but that’s not necessarily the main focus of the game. This leaves them with having to think of something that can bring a unique experience to the players. Having players experience something for the first time is what Eiji Aonuma considers to be the core of The Legend of Zelda series.

“Something that is ‘traditional’ is in a sense often something that copies previous works, so if you continue doing that, it gradually takes away from its uniqueness,” says Aonuma. “So we’re currently working on making those parts more and more unique.”

“So, by no means, am I tired of it,” Aonuma reiterates with a laugh. “Rather, the more we change it, the more I get fired up. Having someone think ‘Huh? Is this Zelda?!’ at first, then ‘Oh, it is Zelda,’ is what we’re going for. Something that wouldn’t make it matter whether Link or Princess Zelda appear in it or not. Something where it wouldn’t even matter if Zelda is actually a princess, or not.”

Photographs courtesy 4Gamer.

source:Siliconera

Old 10-11-2013, 04:33 PM   #372
Tron Bonne
Revolution in Ink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_auh...ature=youtu.be

New trailer for A Link Between Worlds. The name of the alternate Hyrule is, wait for it....

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Lorule

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:33 AM   #373
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

I got Wind Waker HD for my birthday last night. It looks gorgeous and is just as much fun as I remember. Can't wait to spend the weekend playing.

Old 10-14-2013, 01:06 AM   #374
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

Spent two days playing the hell outta this game. I love it. It's probably my favorite Zelda thus far. I've never really played Wind Waker before, so this is absolutely amazazing.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:49 AM   #375
jacobed
Banned User

yeah its an amazing game

Closed Thread