The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 01:11 PM   #976
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

He shoulda made a video from his hospital bed... "the Batman has to come back..."

Old 05-17-2013, 01:16 PM   #977
Dusty_Lane
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
He shoulda made a video from his hospital bed... "the Batman has to come back..."
You're right! "He must...he must...."

Old 05-17-2013, 01:33 PM   #978
Boom
I got nothin'

Well, looks like we're getting Quicksilver on screen before The Flash.

Awesome .

Old 05-17-2013, 01:59 PM   #979
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

They just need to work that much more on his character so he isn't solely defined by his speed. He can still be a great part of this film. Maybe put the solo film off a couple of years.

Old 05-17-2013, 02:00 PM   #980
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post

Awesome .
Who gives a crap about Quicksilver!

Old 05-17-2013, 02:01 PM   #981
combocaz
Side-Kick

Quote:

Awesome .
I wonder if that was a deliberate move because of JLA. I guess it now forces WB to probably bring out a Flash film and JL film out in the same year.

Cyborg -Ray Fisher
Aquaman -Jason Momoa
Old 05-17-2013, 02:14 PM   #982
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by combocaz View Post
I wonder if that was a deliberate move because of JLA. I guess it now forces WB to probably bring out a Flash film and JL film out in the same year.
If that's the case they better get your guy Pine signed up because you know Disney is probably looking at him for Quicksilver..... wait a minute I take that back Disney is too cheap to do that since they dropped Renner.

Old 05-17-2013, 02:48 PM   #983
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamtheBatman View Post
If that's the case they better get your guy Pine signed up because you know Disney is probably looking at him for Quicksilver..... wait a minute I take that back Disney is too cheap to do that since they dropped Renner.
Renner was upset that his character was misused, so I'm not sure that it came down to them being cheap. If the new Avenger characters are introduced on their tv show, then I wouldn't expect anyone memorable.

Oddly enough, this kind of comes back to whether a collective movie universe can introduce key characters through a tv show.

Old 05-17-2013, 02:48 PM   #984
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:

Do not go by the rumors... nothing has been verified on that.

And Pine wouldn't fit Quicksilver imo.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 05-17-2013, 02:50 PM   #985
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:

Awesome .

Doesn't matter if JL releases the same year. Flash under Snyder's direction would probably leave a bigger impression in peoples' minds. I could be wrong, though.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 05-17-2013, 02:56 PM   #986
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Doesn't matter if JL releases the same year. Flash under Snyder's direction would probably leave a bigger impression in peoples' minds. I could be wrong, though.
And The Flash is overall cooler then Quicksilver.

Old 05-17-2013, 03:03 PM   #987
misjuevos
I am Groot

if you show a kid who never read a comic a picture of the flash and one of quicksilver, they will recognize the flash. i like marvel, but i'm not under the assumption that this hurts the flash at all. he is iconic. if anything kids will compare him to the flash, or even call him the flash by mistake. but i look forward to seeing them both.

Old 05-17-2013, 03:10 PM   #988
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Exactly that's why you see Flash tshirts on sale at a Target then Quicksilver.

Old 05-17-2013, 03:12 PM   #989
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quicksilver is a douchebag in the comics though. My fear is that they may write him more like the Flash and may even cast someone like Gosling or Pine in the role, which would then severely hurt the Flash when his film comes out.

Quicksilver appearing in live-action before Flash is also a good reflection of how unjust the real world is. Much like how society helps often helps douchebags get further in life than the more nice people because they're douchebags, the douchebag superhero speedster is the first one to take off while the more nice superhero speedster is left in the dust and/or ignored by many people working in the film industry. I find that a bit funny and sad at the same time.

Old 05-17-2013, 03:53 PM   #990
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
And The Flash is overall cooler then Quicksilver.

So true. And about the shirt thing, even if I did see a Quicksilver shirt I wouldn't want to buy it. Maybe that will change with TA2, but one thing's for sure... my Flash shirt(that I bought from Target btw) isn't going anywhere.

I do like Quicksilver's name, though... Pietro. Has a nice ring to it. Hope they call him that at least once in TA2.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:57 PM   #991
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:58 PM   #992
Mikelus
Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by misjuevos View Post
if you show a kid who never read a comic a picture of the flash and one of quicksilver, they will recognize the flash. i like marvel, but i'm not under the assumption that this hurts the flash at all. he is iconic. if anything kids will compare him to the flash, or even call him the flash by mistake. but i look forward to seeing them both.
Agreed. But what could happen is that, if Whedon does his usual thing, then movie Quicksilver could end up being more interesting than movie Flash. If WB doesn't want to fail again like they did with GL, they have to hire a really good writer and cast the best actor possible for the role.

Old 05-17-2013, 04:20 PM   #993
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Quicksilver is a douchebag in the comics though. My fear is that they may write him more like the Flash and may even cast someone like Gosling or Pine in the role, which would then severely hurt the Flash when his film comes out.

Quicksilver appearing in live-action before Flash is also a good reflection of how unjust the real world is. Much like how society helps often helps douchebags get further in life than the more nice people because they're douchebags, the douchebag superhero speedster is the first one to take off while the more nice superhero speedster is left in the dust and/or ignored by many people working in the film industry. I find that a bit funny and sad at the same time.
Gosling wouldn't go near an unknown character like that for Marvel . Pine either. I bet anything the actor won't be a big name at all.

Im not worried at all. At least not with Quicksilver having a top name. It wont be better than Flash but it depends on how WB thinks of the situation. They may get nervous and back off.

Im at a point where the discussion for a shared universe with a mapped out dozen films or half a dozen films, is just irritating me. If WW falls flat on tv or it's successful but it's an acquired taste because of the kind of stuff CW puts out. Then it might affect how I see Diana if it's connected.

They can **** this up real bad. Quicksilver, by some miracle, takes the sails out of Flash's first appearance or a movie. Wonder Woman is played by some actress who nobody really takes seriously or the show flops. A rebooted Batman that's played by Joe-Shmoe and feels like an enhanced version of Nolan's. Add in a Green Lantern who is either Ryan Reynolds returning or another no-name actor...I mean...this could blow up in all of our faces.

I have some hope in me that they'll cast the right people, and Snyder will direct, and Bale will return OR a fresh take on a new Batman is released...and the whole world listens up and bows down to Flash/WW/GL finally. Sounds like a nice dream as a fan. But if they're having so much trouble with getting everybody off the ground, then im at a point where I wouldn't give a damn if it was canceled. Leaving WB to just say "F this, let's do a World's Finest with Cavill and Bale. Screw the others".

Last edited by shauner111; 05-17-2013 at 04:24 PM.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:32 PM   #994
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Gosling wouldn't go near an unknown character like that for Marvel . Pine either. I bet anything the actor won't be a big name at all.

Im not worried at all. At least not with Quicksilver having a top name. It wont be better than Flash but it depends on how WB thinks of the situation. They may get nervous and back off.

Im at a point where the discussion for a shared universe with a mapped out dozen films or half a dozen films, is just irritating me. If WW falls flat on tv or it's successful but it's an acquired taste because of the kind of stuff CW puts out. Then it might affect how I see Diana if it's connected.

They can **** this up real bad. Quicksilver, by some miracle, takes the sails out of Flash's first appearance or a movie. Wonder Woman is played by some actress who nobody really takes seriously or the show flops. A rebooted Batman that's played by Joe-Shmoe and feels like an enhanced version of Nolan's. Add in a Green Lantern who is either Ryan Reynolds returning or another no-name actor...I mean...this could blow up in all of our faces.

I have some hope in me that they'll cast the right people, and Snyder will direct, and Bale will return OR a fresh take on a new Batman is released...and the whole world listens up and bows down to Flash/WW/GL finally. Sounds like a nice dream as a fan. But if they're having so much trouble with getting everybody off the ground, then im at a point where I wouldn't give a damn if it was canceled. Leaving WB to just say "**** it, let's do a World's Finest with Cavill and Bale. Screw the others".
If the first few films in the shared universe flop or are received poorly, WB will probably do what they always seem to do when a big property of their fails, which is that they'll shut down the whole project. Chances are we won't have to live with too many bad movies/TV shows if that is indeed what will happen.

Yes, there are many risks but you also have to look at the bright side - the more risks there are, the more potential there is as well. If this works, it will be fantastic, even more so than the MCU. You also have to give WB another chance. After The Avengers, literally every single studio with superhero properties has changed. Heck, even Fox has shown major improvement. The "no one gives a **** about CBM's so let's just put out something that's crap!" is a mentality that's quickly dying in the industry ever since The Avengers became the second highest grossing film of all time despite it being a straight-off-the-page portrayal of the comics, more so than any comic book movie prior to it (excluding things like 300 and Sin City).

Speaking of Wonder Woman getting her own TV show, that kinda bugs me. There is so much more you can do on TV with a story than in live-action and you can also develop your characters more yet Batman, Superman, and the rest will be stuck to barely a handful of films (AKA barely a handful of stories) while Wonder Woman gets an entire show all full of endless possibilities for story arcs, character development, and the list goes on. It wouldn't be a problem if the show is not in the shared universe but it would feel really weird if Wonder Woman gets so much more development than all the other Justice League members.

Old 05-17-2013, 04:47 PM   #995
dnno1
Side-Kick

I just finished seeing Star Trek: Into Darkness and there is only one thing I can say right now:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

KAAAAAAAAAHNNNNNN!

That's the way you make a summer movie. Better than IM3.

Old 05-17-2013, 05:03 PM   #996
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Vastly superior, and I enjoyed Iron Man 3. Not a single bad thing about the film.

Old 05-17-2013, 05:06 PM   #997
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

I still say they need Bale and Cavill to be the foundation in order to have a JL movie.

Old 05-17-2013, 05:08 PM   #998
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnno1 View Post
I just finished seeing Star Trek: Into Darkness and there is only one thing I can say right now:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

KAAAAAAAAAHNNNNNN!

That's the way you make a summer movie. Better than IM3.

saw a pirated copy and going to see it in theaters on Sunday, but I very much so agree, way better than IM3.

@IamtheBatman: was it confirmed that Renner was out as Hawkeye? Just the other day I read that it "could" happen, but it hadn't happened yet, sucks if it did, damn Marvel/Disney.....WTF??

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
Old 05-17-2013, 05:12 PM   #999
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephCAW View Post
saw a pirated copy and going to see it in theaters on Sunday, but I very much so agree, way better than IM3.

@IamtheBatman: was it confirmed that Renner was out as Hawkeye? Just the other day I read that it "could" happen, but it hadn't happened yet, sucks if it did, damn Marvel/Disney.....WTF??
http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/new...l-studios.html

Old 05-17-2013, 05:16 PM   #1000
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

Quote:

oh ok, slightly different article than the one I read but pretty much the same, he "could" be recast, they just dont have any plans for a solo Hawkeye film and are un-sure what his on screen future will be. I hope if nothing else they move him to the SHIELD show (cause gods knows they need help from the looks of it lol) the build him up more, re-casting him would be a mistake since Renner was pretty much born to play Hawkeye, one of the very very few Marvel characters I actually know a little something about lol.

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
Closed Thread