Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomSpawn View Post
All the new covers and solicits were posted a couple pages back dudebro

I missed that entire page.

Old 05-17-2013, 09:16 AM   #579
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man - Part 1

Which Hobgoblin is that? Aren't there two now?

Old 05-17-2013, 09:54 AM   #580
Themanofbat
Never Mind the Buttocks...

I believe that would be Phil Urich...

Read The Amazing Spider-Man...100% pure Spider-Man Goodness...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Play Spider-Man Trivia here...
Old 05-17-2013, 03:30 PM   #581
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow_King View Post
Which Hobgoblin is that? Aren't there two now?
It's Phil Urich but Roderick Kingsley was planning on starting a Hobgoblin group that was going to span the world. It's interesting to see how that plays out.

Old 05-17-2013, 11:21 PM   #582
BillPardy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
It's not forever, might as well enjoy it while it lasts.

See, this isn't like the 90's where they're copying a model of storytelling off of someone else. Dan Slott is writing a wild, fun and epic story here. Not once has anyone hinted this is set in stone (like they did with the Clone Saga).

The only criticism I have is how long can this era go on before becoming stale. The train teased a stop in the last few issues but now with the recent solicitations it's obvious they are going full steam ahead and are going to explore every avenue available:

SpOCK vs Kaine
SpOCK vs Flash/Venom
SpOCK vs Hobgoblin
SpOCK reforming the Sinister Six as their leader......aaaaaaaaand

The eventual SpOCK vs Norman confrontation which will probably be saved as the best for last.

I'm looking forward to all of it. With Slott at the helm, it won't be some mindless fighting match-ups......the match-ups are just the hook. There's gonna be some kick ass story behind these confrontations, count on it.

I want to see a one shot of SpOCK vs Hammerhead.

Old 05-18-2013, 01:23 AM   #583
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

How is the general reception for this one? I only ask because I like it a lot, but in the letters at the end of the books, people seem to be super pissed.

Old 05-18-2013, 01:30 AM   #584
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

Well the letters in the back seem to be out of sync with the actual issues of the book. For the first few issues of Superior, they will still publishing letters that were written before the first issue had even hit the stands.

Old 05-18-2013, 01:39 AM   #585
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Well, it just reminds me a lot of the Jason Aaron Incredible Hulk run. Where Hulk gets Doom to split him from Banner. It's pretty obviously temporary. But an interesting concept while it lasts.

Old 05-18-2013, 09:43 AM   #586
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
It's not forever, might as well enjoy it while it lasts.

See, this isn't like the 90's where they're copying a model of storytelling off of someone else. Dan Slott is writing a wild, fun and epic story here. Not once has anyone hinted this is set in stone (like they did with the Clone Saga).
Actually, they did in interviews prior to it beginning, which was a big turn off for me and many others. Fortunately, many others have since found the run enjoyable. I mean, remember that crap about how Peter fans will fade away? The "it's a finite story" mentality that people clasp to is a fan mentality, not one that Marvel has put out there.

But no, this isn't anything like the Clone Saga. If anything, based on people's comments here, it's more like a Batman: Knightfall-KnightsEnd. Peter was defeated; a new, better Spider-Man emerges who is edgier and darker; but the new, better Spider-Man continues getting darker until the original Peter returns to outst him from the suit, proving that he is in fact the better Spider-Man.

That's just my opinion, of course, but to me, SpOck is Azrael.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
Old 05-18-2013, 10:57 AM   #587
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewishHobbit View Post
Actually, they did in interviews prior to it beginning, which was a big turn off for me and many others. Fortunately, many others have since found the run enjoyable. I mean, remember that crap about how Peter fans will fade away? The "it's a finite story" mentality that people clasp to is a fan mentality, not one that Marvel has put out there.
You're right. I forgot about that, mostly because Steve Wacker said it and next to Matt Fraction, I think he's the biggest pecker-head in comics.

Old 05-18-2013, 11:01 AM   #588
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
That's just my opinion, of course, but to me, SpOck is Azrael.
Azrael didn't come from a very villainous past, and he didn't kill Batman to get the job.

- The Joker
Old 05-18-2013, 11:25 AM   #589
Spider-Gnome
The Arach-Gnome

Quote:

Yeah, I remember, and I chose to ignore it. Saw it as hype and a bit tongue-in-cheek. I did not nor do I now think this was ever meant to be a permanent change as the Clone Saga was meant or as OMD sadly is. As a result, I have enjoyed the ride Slott has put us on!

The Spectacular Spider-Man:
The BEST adaptation of the Spider-Man comics in any form

BRING BACK SPIDEY!!!!
Marvel OR Bust!!!!
Old 05-18-2013, 11:41 AM   #590
Hobgoblin
Veritas veritatum

Love it.

Old 05-18-2013, 11:42 AM   #591
SpideyInATree
Never Go Full Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
How is the general reception for this one? I only ask because I like it a lot, but in the letters at the end of the books, people seem to be super pissed.
It's comic books. Some fan somewhere is ALWAYS pissed.

http://www.glitchpoint.com

Check out their song Ignition
Old 05-22-2013, 12:15 PM   #592
Thwip!
Side-Kick

10 was very good

Old 05-22-2013, 12:30 PM   #593
Spiderhog
Side-Kick

Looks like SpOck has a girlfriend. I cant wait till the next issue!!!

Old 05-22-2013, 01:44 PM   #594
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

Great issue. Stegman's art is top notch.

Old 05-22-2013, 05:09 PM   #595
stillanerd
Side-Kick

Well, I made another series of educated guesses as to where Superior Spider-Man might go right before Superior Spider-Man #10 hit the stands, so take whatever I speculate here with a grain of salt, as always:

http://www.spidermanreviews.com/2013...-superior.html

Now having actually read Superior Spider-Man #10, the main things I'm taking away from it are this:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I cannot help but see an utter train-wreck in works for Doc Ock's new relationship with Anna Maria. It fact, I would say it will potentially be even more devastating for Anna Maria than it would have been for Mary Jane had Doc Ock not broken it off with her. Because not only is Anna Maria convinced that this is who Peter really is like, Doc Ock is treating her with love and respect regardless of her dwarfism, perhaps for the first time in her life. It's not just going to be heartbreaking for her but utterly tragic.

Speaking of relationships, could Pedro the Firefighter be any more of an all-too obvious replacement love interest for Mary Jane without having the words "replacement love interest" stamped across his firehat? Clearly, the guy is designed to remind MJ of Peter--the guy who she still is very much in love with--and if these two do end up getting together, he's probably is not going to like that fact, especially since he has the same name as her "ex."

And, after this issue, I'm leaning even more into notion that the Green Goblin is actually Peter Parker in Norman Osborn's body. After all, out of all the spider-bots the Green Goblin could've disabled (and we know it was disabled because the hardlines and the wi-fi were also disconnected) he specifically hacks into the one patrolling MJ's nightclub? Not to mention despite it being deactivated earlier, it eventually ends up alerting SpOck, who decided to send a dispatch to the fire department. Also, notice that the Green Goblin is gathering up all the underlings and taking them off the street. If you think about it, he's actually reducing crime even more than SpOck is.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

You know what I hate? Country Music! I don't know what country it's from, but it sure as hell ain't mine! --Mad TV

Old 05-22-2013, 05:42 PM   #596
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
Well, I made another series of educated guesses as to where Superior Spider-Man might go right before Superior Spider-Man #10 hit the stands, so take whatever I speculate here with a grain of salt, as always:

Now having actually read Superior Spider-Man #10, the main things I'm taking away from it are this:

I cannot help but see an utter train-wreck in works for Doc Ock's new relationship with Anna Maria. It fact, I would say it will potentially be even more devastating for Anna Maria than it would have been for Mary Jane had Doc Ock not broken it off with her. Because not only is Anna Maria convinced that this is who Peter really is like, Doc Ock is treating her with love and respect regardless of her dwarfism, perhaps for the first time in her life. It's not just going to be heartbreaking for her but utterly tragic.

Speaking of relationships, could Pedro the Firefighter be any more of an all-too obvious replacement love interest for Mary Jane without having the words "replacement love interest" stamped across his firehat? Clearly, the guy is designed to remind MJ of Peter--the guy who she still is very much in love with--and if these two do end up getting together, he's probably is not going to like that fact, especially since he has the same name as her "ex."

And, after this issue, I'm leaning even more into notion that the Green Goblin is actually Peter Parker in Norman Osborn's body. After all, out of all the spider-bots the Green Goblin could've disabled (and we know it was disabled because the hardlines and the wi-fi were also disconnected) he specifically hacks into the one patrolling MJ's nightclub? Not to mention despite it being deactivated earlier, it eventually ends up alerting SpOck, who decided to send a dispatch to the fire department. Also, notice that the Green Goblin is gathering up all the underlings and taking them off the street. If you think about it, he's actually reducing crime even more than SpOck is.
As soon as I finished reading the issue, my first thought was that the Green Goblin/Goblin King wasn't Norman Osborn behind the mask. I had a funny feeling and I guess I'm not the only one.

Old 05-22-2013, 07:52 PM   #597
NCBIII
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post

That's very interesting, but:
Could you explain this prediction a little more? Green Goblin showed up before Ock wiped Peter out of his mind. How could he be in two places at once? And how is Goblin reducing crime by having minions blow up MJ's bar?

Old 05-22-2013, 08:08 PM   #598
Spidey_62
Eeeeeeeeeeelectro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBIII View Post
Could you explain this prediction a little more? Green Goblin showed up before Ock wiped Peter out of his mind. How could he be in two places at once? And how is Goblin reducing crime by having minions blow up MJ's bar?
That was never Peter in Ock's mind, it was only a memory fragment taken form, Slott confirmed this.

"So you don't like names, huh? Well that's too bad, Frog-Face. 'Cause to me you're nothing but a two-bit, no-account, second-rate, sewer-breath-baboon with a brain of a pigeon and the face of an eel!" ~ Spider-Man

DeviantArt. Art blog. Hype Art Thread. Twitter. Instagram. YouTube.

INFINITE WONDERS- read it!
Old 05-22-2013, 08:14 PM   #599
stillanerd
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBIII View Post
I'm glad you asked:

I believe that the scene we saw at the end of Amazing Spider-Man #697 where Norman Osborn mysteriously escaped the hospital was not actually taking place at the same time as the events shown in the story but actually a flashforward taking place shortly after the events of Amazing Spider-Man #700. Consider that Julia Carpenter was in that very same hospital as Norman, and just because she's in a coma doesn't necessarily stop her from using her psychic powers. What I think could've happened is after Peter died at the end of Amazing Spider-Man #700, Julia was able to use her powers to grab a hold of Peter's astral body/soul and then placed it in the body of Norman Osborn--who if you recall in his last appearance in New Avengers went into a vegetative/catatonic state due to his brain being overloaded by the powers of the Super-Adaptoid. This would also explain why the guards who should've been guarding Norman weren't there, because Julia used her telepathy to make them leave, allowing for Peter in Norman's body to escape.

EDIT: Also, Superior Spider-Man #8 and #9 established that Ghost Peter wasn't actually the real Peter but Peter's memories that Doc Ock kept having gained self-awareness and thinking they were the real Peter.

As for the Goblin-Kids firebombing MJ's nightclub, notice the Green Goblin didn't actually order them to this; this was something they decided to do on their own initiative when they realized the spider-bot could no longer detect them. All he was doing was testing to see whether he could hack into the monitors and for them to see if it worked or not. I also speculate that, if the Green Goblin is indeed Peter, then he was also making a misguided attempt at trying to protect MJ from Doc Ock by shutting down the spider-bot, not realizing that the Goblin-Kids would use the opportunity to cause "mischief."

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

You know what I hate? Country Music! I don't know what country it's from, but it sure as hell ain't mine! --Mad TV

Old 05-23-2013, 12:32 AM   #600
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

A Superior Green Goblin? That's an interesting concept if it turns out to be so. A bit far out there, but could make for some interesting possibilities.

Though it's a shame GG couldn't get an update to his look since they've updated Spidey's (regardless of who is actually wearing the threads). GG imo is one villain in real need of a contemporary look.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Closed Thread