The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 02:57 PM   #101
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Also, are you sure the Riddler is the best example of that though? Because Riddler would've fit in perfectly. He's not any more out there than the Joker was. I think you meant someone like Clayface, Poison Ivy, Mr. Freeze, etc.
In this respect, I would've gone with Killer Croc/Bane, with Croc as Bane's "muscle", a guy with a skin disease who, going along with the Joker's mindset, "accepts" his "freakish" nature and files his teeth. Rises really could've been the "horror" film of the Trilogy, which is what I really wanted to see after the "crime drama epic" that TDK was.

That being said, this is the MOS thread. Keep it Superman

Old 05-18-2013, 02:57 PM   #102
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

In Notrip I trust.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 05-18-2013, 02:59 PM   #103
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
I would've gone with Killer Croc/Bane, with Croc as Bane's "muscle"
Bane needs muscle?

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 05-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #104
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ Good one. But I like Killer Croc being involved somewhere.

Old 05-18-2013, 03:02 PM   #105
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I hope my 18 year old nephew likes the film, I'm tired of hearing how lame Superman is.
As a 19 year old, i am offended at this generation.
"Superman is lame" Wanna say that again ?

Old 05-18-2013, 03:03 PM   #106
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
Bane needs muscle?
It's not that he'd "need" it, but it's just a thought that ran through my head, they're both huge, hulking brutes it'd be interesting to see Batman go up against BOTH of them. I view Bane as the "Frankenstein" of Batman's rogues (not counting Solomon Grundy) and Killer Croc would be the "Godzilla" of his rogues. It's just an idea as opposed to what we got in TDKR (which I still enjoyed the hell out of, by the way )

Old 05-18-2013, 03:07 PM   #107
Notrip
SuperDaD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
In Notrip I trust.
Thanks!!

Amy Adams - Lois Lane
? - Jim Gordon
Hugh Laurie - Alfred

Old 05-18-2013, 03:07 PM   #108
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
As a 19 year old, i am offended at this generation.
"Superman is lame" Wanna say that again ?
He's a hardcore gamer more than a movie guy anyway. I miss how games were when I was 18...*sigh*

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:09 PM   #109
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
He's a hardcore gamer more than a movie guy anyway. I miss how games were when I was 18...*sigh*
He is a modern gamer; as in he pays twice the amount via D L C for content he should be getting for half of it ?

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 05-18-2013, 03:10 PM   #110
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
I was never really into games. My younger brother is basically like that. A hardcore gamer, doesn't care that much about movies. He loves Superhero films though. It's tradition that we go see comic book films together.

Old 05-18-2013, 03:15 PM   #111
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
He is a modern gamer; as in he pays twice the amount via D L C for content he should be getting for half of it ?
Exactly.

I miss when Resident Evil was an horror game as well as an action game and I miss when Silent Hill wasn't made by clueless people who think that that goddamn movie is better than the first three games. Everything is like Halo and Gears of War now.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:17 PM   #112
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Just entered a Britains Got Talent text thingy, you win tickets to the Man of Steel London Premiere on June 12th, 30,000 cash and a round the world trip.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 05-18-2013, 03:19 PM   #113
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

Quote:
Everything is like Halo and Gears of War now.
From an outsider's perspective, sure.

Old 05-18-2013, 03:21 PM   #114
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Superman looks awful worried in one of those gifs Kane posted. Could Lois be in trouble?

Old 05-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #115
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
While i don't feel MOS will be the best superhero film we've seen, i do believe 2 things.
1. It will be the best film interpretation of Superman
2. It will contain the best tone of any comic book film. What i mean is, Zack and co. will have created the perfect balance between realism and fantastical.

I love Nolan's series, i hold it in high regards. However, i feel Nolan went a bit too realistic in some aspects, when it comes to the three films. Because his series was rooted in such a realistic surrounding, we didn't get to have fantastic villains like Riddler. I still feel The Riddler could have been portrayed as a psychotic, destruction hungry man, who with each clue, would have a public bombing if his riddle wasn't solved.
I'm going off a bit topic, but i'm hoping the next reboot of Batman has a few more fantastical elements thrown in. The reboot will have to if it wants to be part of a Justice League Universe.

I'm rambling Just had to get that out of my head.

Interesting. What movie do you think will possibly end up remaining the "best superhero film", if MOS doesn't take its place?

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:25 PM   #116
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Wow. This thread.. it's OT all of the sudden :/

Old 05-18-2013, 03:25 PM   #117
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GENERAL RAAM582 View Post
From an outsider's perspective, sure.
I'm not an outsider, I've been playing games since I was 6 or 8 years old. I don't play games as much anymore but I still keep up to date. Obviously I'm engaging in a little Hyperbole when I say everything is like those series.

It's cool if you love modern games and have very few issues with them though.

You can't deny that Resident Evil just completely dropped what it used to be though and I as a fan have a right to be disappointed.

Old 05-18-2013, 03:27 PM   #118
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

Quote:
You can't deny that Resident Evil just completely dropped what it used to be though and I as a fan have a right to be disappointed.
I agree, RE has lost it's ways. I recommend Bioshock Infinite if you want something more than Halo or whatever. Sorry if I sounded rude.

Old 05-18-2013, 03:28 PM   #119
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Interesting. What movie do you think will possibly end up remaining the "best superhero film", if MOS doesn't take its place?
The Dark Knight. I have been so satisfied walking out of a theater.
Fun fact.
Before TDK. I always thought Spider-Man 2 was the best superhero film i had seen.

Old 05-18-2013, 03:32 PM   #120
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ But TDK is MOSTLY a crime drama. The emphasis is on criminal activity, not superpowers.

I guess it counts, but MOS looks to be a purer representation of the genre.

Old 05-18-2013, 03:32 PM   #121
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Based on what I've seen so far, it looks like MOS might be the best comic book movie after The Dark Knight in the worst case scenario (at least for me).

But then again, I said the exact same thing about TDKR last year .

Old 05-18-2013, 03:34 PM   #122
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
The Dark Knight. I have been so satisfied walking out of a theater.
Fun fact.
Before TDK. I always thought Spider-Man 2 was the best superhero film i had seen.

TDK would have been the best cbm for me if the action had been stronger, along with Batman dropping that voice(but the voice is a nitpick lol). SM2 was also the best for me, until a few rewatches of The Avengers changed my mind.

But SM2 has been the last cbm I've seen to completely love on a first watch. I really hope MOS can do that. I just want to feel like I did when I first saw SM2 all those years ago.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:34 PM   #123
Reel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi Berg View Post
What if the Phantom Zone plays a part in this re: Jor-El? Yes? No?

I have been trying to peace this sequence together. It is obviously just before Superman goes to Metropolis to stop Zod. But that smoke in the 3rd image is the smoke as when Jor-El is wakling towards camera in his amror with Lara & baby Kal-El in the background. from Trailer #3 or a early TV spot

Old 05-18-2013, 03:35 PM   #124
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
^ But TDK is MOSTLY a crime drama. The emphasis is on criminal activity, not superpowers.

I guess it counts, but MOS looks to be a purer representation of the genre.
Very true.

Old 05-18-2013, 03:36 PM   #125
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ It's funny, but I thought TDKR would try to bite off more than it could chew in trying to BOTH top the Knight AND end the Batman story, based on the action-packed trailers. MOS doesn't really have to top anything, except maybe Begins. I think that will free MOS to be a riskier and more far out film, and perhaps the best in the genre.

Closed Thread