The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 05-18-2013, 12:31 PM   #126
HankTheTurtle
Side-Kick

Default Re: The early sale tickets at Wal-mart

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachary77 View Post
My 3D ones were 11 bucks each. Not sure if it's based on the local theater price or not....
Yes and no, I think. The normal price at the theater I'm going to is $10.50. The Walmart tickets were $9. It's probably based on how much it costs to buy out a theater in the area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
Um.. I think i should probably swing by or call my local theater and see how this is going to exactly work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
Yeah, the manager said it wasn't even showing up in their programming lists. He said they'd be having midnight showings obviously but had no idea about a 7pm premiere or that they were even listed.

I'd imagine it'll be cleared up within the week and if it isn't...well I got my ticket anyways so screw you Rave!
I called my local theater to ask about seating (That theater normally has reserved seating) and the person I talked to said Walmart had rented the screens (like one might do for a birthday party, or something), so they had no idea how the seating would be handled. I'm assuming that's also why other theaters don't know much. It's probably just on their schedule as a private screening.

Old 05-18-2013, 12:39 PM   #127
EtherMagic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendalag View Post
We've had somewhere around 7 or 8 people come in this morning so far. I'm not sure on how many tickets were sold to each person.

Again, only 300 total tickets in the store, so they'll eventually sell, but there isn't going to be a rush for them.

From what I've noticed at the store, unless it's a big video game or a teen girls film release, the lines never really form. When something like even Avengers came out at midnight last fall, we only sold like 2 dozen copies by 7 AM.

That video they're playing is awesome, but I haven't had time to really watch it up close yet.
Yea, I spoke with my woman about an hour ago (who is working in New Lenox IL at our Pizzeria) and she said a man walked into the store with a Man of Steel shirt on, she asked him if he was seeing the movie, he told her he is just selling tickets for WalMart. The guy said the sold barelly any tickets, he said only about 5 people bought tickets so far (mind you this was at like 11am this morning). Meanwhile i just got back from getting my tickets (got 4 tickets in 3D at 11 bucks a piece) at one of the many Joliet IL WalMart, the woman who sold me the tickets said about 15 people lined up this morning, with a few more strolling in here and there. My tickets specify the theater its playing at with the time 7pm June 13th, can't tell you guys how excited i am to have these badboys in my hands.

"But there is nothing wrong with making a film about him a bit edgier and less corny."
EtherMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 02:54 PM   #128
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDuderino View Post
Mine didn't have a cake, but the cashier was waring a cape. The guy behind me in line was probably in his late 40s, and what I would consider a "super fan" who appeared to be a high-functioning autistic. He was super excited and talking about all the Superman gear/paraphernalia he owns. But when we got to pay, he thought they were being handed out and didn't have any cash. As soon as I got my tickets, I ran to catch up with him as he was leaving and gave him a $20 to go get him some tickets. I couldn't stand the thought of a Superman fan leaving so disappointed. I think it made his day.
You sir, are SUPERElDuderino! That is amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankTheTurtle View Post
Keep in mind, it's 8am on a Saturday. Even if general audiences are interested enough to by tickets for an early screening, most probably won't feel like going too far out of their way to get tickets. They'll sell, eventually.
Yeah, there's a group of us about 10 strong that got together for every TDKR thing, we're going to go to the best IMAX theater in LA at midnight for MOS. Nobody wanted to get up at 7am on a Saturday to go to a Walmart for a more subpar theater. The theater is pretty far from everyone too, so if it had participated in the Walmart promotion, we would have to drive all the way out twice. Hells to the no. Not to see it merely 5 hours earlier than everyone else.

Now, 3 days before everyone else like TDK...now you're talking.

Old 05-18-2013, 03:51 PM   #129
The Shield
It's really Happening!

(Maniacal laugh issues whilst rubbing hands together) Muhahaha.. Muuuuhahhahaha... MMMuuuuuuaahahahahahaha!!!!

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

The Shield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:53 PM   #130
Glassjaw
In training

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post

(Maniacal laugh issues whilst rubbing hands together) Muhahaha.. Muuuuhahhahaha... MMMuuuuuuaahahahahahaha!!!!
Nooooo fair! Gosh darn I need that Movie Guide as well.

Glassjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:55 PM   #131
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassjaw View Post
Nooooo fair! Gosh darn I need that Movie Guide as well.
Hehe! Alls fair, alls fair.

Old 05-18-2013, 04:01 PM   #132
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Ugh. I am still upset i didn't get a movie book

ConnorKon-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:05 PM   #133
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

my Wal-Mart doesn't have ****...I'm shocked they had the tickets

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Kal-El.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:07 PM   #134
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
Same here.

ConnorKon-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:08 PM   #135
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

I gotta check surrounding Wal-Mart's and I got a buddy looking for stuff for me

Old 05-18-2013, 04:11 PM   #136
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
Ugh. I am still upset i didn't get a movie book
Quote:
Thats really sucks. Your best bets is to just order it online, yeah?

Old 05-18-2013, 04:14 PM   #137
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
Thats really sucks. Your best bets is to just order it online, yeah?
probably so...or have my friend ship it down to me

Old 05-18-2013, 04:21 PM   #138
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
probably so...or have my friend ship it down to me
Yeah I would.

Old 05-18-2013, 07:36 PM   #139
ManInTheNarrows
Banned User

My local AZ store had a pretty decent turn out with about 15 to 20 people showing up till last minute. I was there at 6:30 a.m. this morning and was 3rd in line.

If you did your home work prior to purchasing your tickets you know that each walmart is corresponding with 1 select theatre. My Walmart is corresponding with an AMC IMAX which is why i picked this store to be at even though i live in another city from where the theatre is located. My walmart in my city is corresponding with a crappy local theatre.

I picked up 4 tickets all 2D as i want to enjoy the first viewing with no disruptions/distractions from 3D. I want to take it all in for all of its glory then on my 3rd or 4th viewing i may see it in 3D.

I met some great people and it was nice to say "Hey see you guys on June 13th at 7:00 p.m." Its going to be pretty much a nice private screening with a bunch of fans. Who could ask for more.

I also spoke with the manager on hand and they said that they would be at the theatre on June 13th in between 3:00 and 4:00 for give aways and a pre bash for the screening which should be great.

Last edited by ManInTheNarrows; 05-18-2013 at 07:44 PM.
ManInTheNarrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:45 PM   #140
Dispatch Ninja
Side-Kick

There were only about 5 people at 8 am at my store. They had cupcakes and stuff out and the employees were nice and prepared. I got 4 tickets to a 2d showing, and will probably go the following week to an imax 3d showing in austin.

Dispatch Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:47 PM   #141
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

The theater I like is having a special screening at 7:00pm but I'm still just catching the 12:00am showing, it's more convenent for my sister and myself.

I SEE SPIDEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:02 PM   #142
AdamJensen
Side-Kick

There were about 10-15 in line at 8am at my local walmart. Those employee capes are neat. The patch with the \S/ on the back are bigger than the ones they sell. I tried asking for one since it looked like a damn shame 2-3 were just sitting in a shopping cart at the cashier station abandoned by the employees that didn't want to wear them.

AdamJensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:10 PM   #143
LoserJBo
Side-Kick

I wanted to go to Walmart to pick up early tickets, but the only theaters participating close to San Francisco are smaller theaters and not IMAX. I am holding out hope that the IMAX by me shows Man Of Steel in 3D and when tickets go on sale on Tuesday that they have a June 13 8pm or 9pm showing. Most of the movies this year have had a day before opening at 9pm or 10pm like Iron Man 3 and Star Trek Into Darkness did.

I am also weighing my options on trying to get a ticket to the LA Film Festival in order to see it even a day earlier, but that would require me to have to fly out and get a hotel and take time off of work for only one day earlier.

Then there is always the option of hoping I get my hands on advance screening tickets online.

LoserJBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:25 PM   #144
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

Shield, may I just say... You suck

Dark Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:30 PM   #145
Norminator79
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by presidentsaad View Post
Bahaha the Walmart sales people know nothing about this.
LOL that happened to me. I went at 4:30pm i had to talk to 3 employees and 1 manger before i was told to go to buy my tickets . I was the 1st to buy the tickets because the sales lady said "the manager forgot to put them out at 8:00am" so she pulled out an unopened box than opened it to reveal 2d and 3d tickets with this look on her face .

Norminator79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:34 PM   #146
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

I bought a couple tickets today at walmart. Waited in line for 20 minutes, but not because of people wanting tickets. The cashier was activating a phone and there was nobody else to help... Eventually got my tickets, but they didn't come with any promo stuff such as a guide or anything. Just the tickets.

Old 05-18-2013, 09:37 PM   #147
Dispatch Ninja
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norminator79 View Post
LOL that happened to me. I went at 4:30pm i had to talk to 3 employees and 1 manger before i was told to go to buy my tickets . I was the 1st to buy the tickets because the sales lady said "the manager forgot to put them out at 8:00am" so she pulled out an unopened box than opened it to reveal 2d and 3d tickets with this look on her face .
They really should've picked somewhere else to do this other than wal-mart.

Old 05-18-2013, 09:39 PM   #148
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

I think Target would have been better for this. They are way more organized. Btw, were my tickets supposed to come with some kind of promo stuff?

Old 05-18-2013, 09:42 PM   #149
Dispatch Ninja
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by \S/JcDc\S/ View Post
I think Target would have been better for this. They are way more organized. Btw, were my tickets supposed to come with some kind of promo stuff?
Ya target would've been great, or even best buy. Tickets should of came with a brochure, they also gave me like 20 small tattoos. I almost bought the $1 sticker book but I decided to just wait for the soundtrack release since that has a big sticker that comes with it.

Old 05-18-2013, 09:45 PM   #150
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

My nearest Walmart was opening up at 10am so I don't know why they even had the flyer saying it would open at 8am, I didn't want to wait an hour so I went off because I had errands to do and maybe will go on a Sunday.

Speaking of which anybody know if tickets will still be selling on Sunday?