The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: Did you like the comic? Do you want more tie-ins?
Yes, I liked it, sure I'd like more 13 48.15%
No, I hated it, BURN IT WITH FIRE!! 2 7.41%
I haven't read it 11 40.74%
Yes, No one is enough 1 3.70%
Other (specify in comments) 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2013, 01:01 AM   #251
smsvmos
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Smallville/Metropolis
Posts: 1,255
Default Re: Man Of Steel Tie-In Comic *GIRL OF STEEL CONFIRMED*

Well at least we know that there are Thanagerians in This DC Universe Movie we have also supergirl so that's also a plus

Maybe Kara after landing on earth activates the kryptonian clones and creates the race of Atlantians and the Amazons nice tie in to a JLA movie

smsvmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:03 AM   #252
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,789
Default Re: Man Of Steel Tie-In Comic *GIRL OF STEEL CONFIRMED*

Atlantis and Themyscira should exist long before Kara arrives.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Ant-Man
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, X-Men: Apocalypse, The Amazing Spider-Man 3, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:45 AM   #253
Smallville13
Side-Kick
 
Smallville13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,883
Default Re: Man Of Steel Tie-In Comic *GIRL OF STEEL CONFIRMED*

Yeah I don't like the idea that Kryptonian intervention is the deus ex catalyst for all superpowered beings on Earth.

Smallville13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:54 AM   #254
Laufey
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 18
Default Re: Man Of Steel Tie-In Comic *GIRL OF STEEL CONFIRMED*

I just read the comic and this Kara can't possibly be Superman's cousin, can she? The way I understood it, her trip from Krypton to Earth took roughly around ten years and her ship has then spent thousands of years in the ice. Maybe she will be a long lost ancestor?

Laufey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 05:01 AM   #255
fanboiii
disciple of truth
 
fanboiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,883
Default Re: Man Of Steel Tie-In Comic *GIRL OF STEEL CONFIRMED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephCAW View Post
why? They can be altered or she has other versions that can be used.

How do I know they can be altered? Simple....how the hell does the Superman suit fit Clark so well, did they know his measurements the moment he was born, the suits can adapt and be altered, Kara more than likely will alter hers once she see's more of what the fashion is on Earth but will make so it can seem similar yet have her own heritage with it


It's alien material. Nothing suggests Clark alters his costume. And last I checked, teens wear skinny pants too. There's no reason for the miniskirt other than to sexy her up which would be a step back for all the changes they already made.

__________________
DC Rises
fanboiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 05:48 AM   #256
Willi Berg
Side-Kick
 
Willi Berg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,932
Default Re: Man Of Steel Tie-In Comic *GIRL OF STEEL CONFIRMED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laufey View Post
I just read the comic and this Kara can't possibly be Superman's cousin, can she? The way I understood it, her trip from Krypton to Earth took roughly around ten years and her ship has then spent thousands of years in the ice. Maybe she will be a long lost ancestor?
It's unclear. We don't know how long they were travelling before they reached Earth because Earth was not the planned destination. Dev-Em altered the course. And we don't know how long the ship was under the ice because it is stated that the ice sheets are thousands of years old, not the ship. The ship could've just been submerged under there.

We don't know what the time period is on Krypton in the story, or Kara's parents' relation to Jor-El and Lara.

Willi Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:02 AM   #257
Smallville13
Side-Kick
 
Smallville13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,883
Default Re: Man Of Steel Tie-In Comic *GIRL OF STEEL CONFIRMED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi Berg View Post
It's unclear. We don't know how long they were travelling before they reached Earth because Earth was not the planned destination. Dev-Em altered the course. And we don't know how long the ship was under the ice because it is stated that the ice sheets are thousands of years old, not the ship. The ship could've just been submerged under there.

We don't know what the time period is on Krypton in the story, or Kara's parents' relation to Jor-El and Lara.
Don't we see cavemen worshiping it though?

Smallville13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:22 AM   #258
Nathan
...
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 44,788
Default Re: Man Of Steel Tie-In Comic *GIRL OF STEEL CONFIRMED*

I've read it myself now. I think it's clear that the ship and Kara herself, are thousands of years old. The ship didn't submerge under the ice. You see it crash land on the ice, but it's not sinking. An ice layer slowly keeps forming over it, eventually burying it. Plus, there are wall paintings of the ship crashing.


Last edited by Nathan; 05-19-2013 at 11:18 AM.
Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:15 AM   #259
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid
 
N7 Joseph Shepard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Adrianne Palicki's heavenly bosom
Posts: 2,976
Default Re: Man Of Steel Tie-In Comic *GIRL OF STEEL CONFIRMED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post


It's alien material. Nothing suggests Clark alters his costume. And last I checked, teens wear skinny pants too. There's no reason for the miniskirt other than to sexy her up which would be a step back for all the changes they already made.

Actually there is everything that suggests it and I already gave the best reason, how the hell does it fit him? What is it a one size fits all? Come on, it being alien material is exactly the point that it can be altered.

Also......where did I say she needed to have the miniskirt Currently in the comics both versions of Supergirl dont and didn't have a skirt and its not taking a step back or this way or that, its staying faithful to the source material, and the Man Of Steel suit is pretty damn close with only 3 differences (belt, trunks and pipping), so chances are if Supergirl ever happens, hers will be very similar to the comics as well, plus it would help separate her from Superman....it would be much weirder if they had the exact same outfit...

__________________
Cavill/Heard - Believe In The Shield -Snyder
Affleck
- Batman -
Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor

Last edited by N7 Joseph Shepard; 05-19-2013 at 10:18 AM.
N7 Joseph Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:16 AM   #260
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!
 
Lencho01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14,501
Default Re: Man Of Steel Tie-In Comic *GIRL OF STEEL CONFIRMED*

Where is DC making this available for download?

Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:21 AM   #261
Project862006
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,208
Default Re: Man Of Steel Tie-In Comic *GIRL OF STEEL CONFIRMED*

i really like that brit marling suggestion i think she would be great

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:31 AM   #262
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite
 
Ultimatehero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,473
Default Re: Man Of Steel Tie-In Comic *GIRL OF STEEL CONFIRMED*

I think time might work differently on krypton.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
We know that spaceship is the fortress of solitude.

We know that Zod's plans involve terraforming.

I might be wrong, but Kara has always crash landed before Clark. And it is because of suspended animation that Clark, who was once younger than her, is now older than her. So I see her getting trapped in the ship as leading to that suspended animated state.

__________________
"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag
Ultimatehero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:34 AM   #263
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,346
Default Re: Man Of Steel Tie-In Comic *GIRL OF STEEL CONFIRMED*

hmmm......it would kind of suck if they included Kara in the MOS lore, but made her a thousand year old ancestor instead of a contemporary cousin of Kal.

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:46 AM   #264
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid
 
N7 Joseph Shepard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Adrianne Palicki's heavenly bosom
Posts: 2,976
Default Re: Man Of Steel Tie-In Comic *GIRL OF STEEL CONFIRMED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatehero View Post
I think time might work differently on krypton.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
We know that spaceship is the fortress of solitude.

We know that Zod's plans involve terraforming.

I might be wrong, but Kara has always crash landed before Clark. And it is because of suspended animation that Clark, who was once younger than her, is now older than her. So I see her getting trapped in the ship as leading to that suspended animated state.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
not always, some of the time its said that the trip would have normally taken as long as Kara took to reach Earth, but Clark's ship got there first by taking a short cut through a black hole, some versions say Kara's ship was actually stuck orbiting the Sun and then went and crashed onto Earth (thats the most recent)

__________________
Cavill/Heard - Believe In The Shield -Snyder
Affleck
- Batman -
Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
N7 Joseph Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:14 AM   #265
Willi Berg
Side-Kick
 
Willi Berg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,932
Default Re: Man Of Steel Tie-In Comic *GIRL OF STEEL CONFIRMED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I've read it myself now. I think it's clear that the ship and Kara herself, are thousands of years old. The ship didn't submerge under the ice. You see it crash land on the ice, but it's not sinking. Ann ice layer slowly keeps forming over it, eventually burying it. Plus, there are wall paintings of the ship crashing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
Don't we see cavemen worshiping it though?
The ship could very well be buried under ice for thousands of years. It just puzzled me because

-we don't know how long ago that tribe was, since tribes, in some form, could still exist and hunt like that today.

-if Dev-Em wanders away from the crashed ship, or whoever wanders away, how did they survive on Earth, and for how long? Esp. since hearing that Dev-Em could be part of Zod's posse in the present day.

-changing Kara's origin that much is dramatic but still could be what has happened. Just something to get used to. And that includes Zor-El not being Jor-El's brother anymore, something I have gotten used to in the comics etc. But it could be the case.

Willi Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:28 AM   #266
Nathan
...
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 44,788
Default Re: Man Of Steel Tie-In Comic *GIRL OF STEEL CONFIRMED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi Berg View Post
The ship could very well be buried under ice for thousands of years. It just puzzled me because

-we don't know how long ago that tribe was, since tribes, in some form, could still exist and hunt like that today.
Yeah, my first thought was present day Inuit. And I guess it could have been possible for it to eventually shift under thousand year old ice. Wasn't that part of the reason why, for decades, they never found Red Skull's plane in the Captain America Movie? Because it would be always moving, because of the shifting ice plates?

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:30 AM   #267
Smallville13
Side-Kick
 
Smallville13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,883
Default Re: Man Of Steel Tie-In Comic *GIRL OF STEEL CONFIRMED*

I think the solid things we can take from the 'prequel' is that the scout ship was overrun by Dev-Em and replotted to Earth. Dev-Em killed the entire crew and may be acting as a sleeper agent on Earth awaiting Zod's arrival. Dev-Em is allegedly in the movie played by this guy:


He don't look much like he does in the prequel comic. Kara may just have been used in the comic as a perspective point character to follow as she witnesses Dev-Em's actions, as well as a nod to the mythos.

Smallville13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:36 AM   #268
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid
 
N7 Joseph Shepard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Adrianne Palicki's heavenly bosom
Posts: 2,976
Default Re: Man Of Steel Tie-In Comic *GIRL OF STEEL CONFIRMED*

.....seriously......do people even bother to look at the past pages before they post anymore?

__________________
Cavill/Heard - Believe In The Shield -Snyder
Affleck
- Batman -
Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
N7 Joseph Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:19 PM   #269
Willi Berg
Side-Kick
 
Willi Berg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,932
Default Re: Man Of Steel Tie-In Comic *GIRL OF STEEL CONFIRMED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Yeah, my first thought was present day Inuit. And I guess it could have been possible for it to eventually shift under thousand year old ice. Wasn't that part of the reason why, for decades, they never found Red Skull's plane in the Captain America Movie? Because it would be always moving, because of the shifting ice plates?
If Goyer and co. want to keep us guessing, it's working! The story is ambiguous, and we have to wait for answers. It looks like a few things could go either way.

Willi Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:41 PM   #270
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,346
Default Re: Man Of Steel Tie-In Comic *GIRL OF STEEL CONFIRMED*

I just think if they wanted to use some thousand year old distant ancestor from the House of El, they could have used an entirely different character in the prequel story, and called him Mon-El or something.

but they chose to use Kara. and from the preview snippet I saw, her mom was referred to as Alura, right? was her dad referred to as Zor-El?

I'd think that was a deliberate choice to use Kara in the story, and I'd like to think they'd want to keep her story largely the same as the comics.

also, in some of the MOS kids books, I thought I read somewhere that one of the Kryptonian villains Superman fights is called Dev-Em.......

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:55 PM   #271
fanboiii
disciple of truth
 
fanboiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,883
Default Re: Man Of Steel Tie-In Comic *GIRL OF STEEL CONFIRMED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephCAW View Post
Actually there is everything that suggests it and I already gave the best reason, how the hell does it fit him? What is it a one size fits all? Come on, it being alien material is exactly the point that it can be altered.
That doesn't even make sense. Alien material can adapt to different body types. Nothing suggest Clark has altered his suit. It's all in your head.

Quote:
Also......where did I say she needed to have the miniskirt Currently in the comics both versions of Supergirl dont and didn't have a skirt and its not taking a step back or this way or that, its staying faithful to the source material, and the Man Of Steel suit is pretty damn close with only 3 differences (belt, trunks and pipping), so chances are if Supergirl ever happens, hers will be very similar to the comics as well, plus it would help separate her from Superman....it would be much weirder if they had the exact same outfit...
You just admitted they changed Superman's costume yet you believe they will copy the comic's costume for Supergirl. That doesn't follow logic. They're going to stick with the premise they have already established. Kryptonians wear the same onepiece underarmor. That's how it is with Faora and everyone else in the movie. That's how it is in the prequel comic. Nothing is really backing up your wishful thinking. She won't be running around in a miniskirt or panties if she even appears on screen.

__________________
DC Rises
fanboiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:18 PM   #272
Leetank
Battlecruiser Operational
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 97
Default Re: Man Of Steel Tie-In Comic *GIRL OF STEEL CONFIRMED*

One question I always had

Do the Kryptonions know that living on Earth gives them powers because of the Sun?

Leetank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:40 PM   #273
LL2K2
End of an Era
 
LL2K2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Concord, NH
Posts: 787
Default Re: Man Of Steel Tie-In Comic *GIRL OF STEEL CONFIRMED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
You mean it doesn't mean what you think I think it means which means everything I think is not really what I think?
I just get annoyed at people who think this film is getting a sequel when it hasn't even been released. So, no - it's not your whole thinking process. It's just that one bit.

__________________
Reeve and Routh are MY Supermen. Enough said. V for Verisimilitude
LL2K2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:41 PM   #274
Willi Berg
Side-Kick
 
Willi Berg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,932
Default Re: Man Of Steel Tie-In Comic *GIRL OF STEEL CONFIRMED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post

but they chose to use Kara. and from the preview snippet I saw, her mom was referred to as Alura, right? was her dad referred to as Zor-El?
Yes. Kara's parents are still Alura and Zor-El.

Willi Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:57 PM   #275
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,346
Default Re: Man Of Steel Tie-In Comic *GIRL OF STEEL CONFIRMED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi Berg View Post
Yes. Kara's parents are still Alura and Zor-El.
thanks.

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:21 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.