The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Old 05-19-2013, 12:15 PM   #26
ericadawn16
Side-Kick

Default Re: Iron Patriot (War Machine) in CA:TWS?

I didn't see The Incredible Hulk before seeing The Avengers. Considering it only made 135 million, I don't think a lot of people did.

Hawkeye wasn't mentioned in the other three films so how does that hint to the timeline? The modern scenes of Captain America did NOT have the Stark Expo. The scenes with the Tesseract and Odin's treasure were all in the past and not related to Iron Man 2.

I still feel the average moviegoer didn't get that at all except for Iron Man 2 and Thor because Coulson said he was going to New Mexico and after the credits, it showed him with Mjolnir.

However, the average moviegoer is asking where everyone is in each solo film. The average moviegoer is more like my nephew who watched the Agents of SHIELD trailer and kept asking, But where are the Avengers in it?

If the world is connected, I like having proof of that like having Natasha team up with Steve. I agree that you can't put too many characters or plotlines in a film, but one scene with Rhodey couldn't hurt. It might even just be a phonecall or someone watching Iron Patriot on the news.

Then again, Iron Man 2 was my favorite film because of all the touches like Coulson, Natasha, Stark's prototype for Steve's shield, seeing Howard Stark on the reel, etc. and the Disney references as well.

ericadawn16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:09 PM   #27
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

we'll see. I'd be more enthused to see Rhodey's interaction with Sam Wilson.

Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:54 AM   #28
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericadawn16 View Post
I didn't see The Incredible Hulk before seeing The Avengers. Considering it only made 135 million, I don't think a lot of people did.

Hawkeye wasn't mentioned in the other three films so how does that hint to the timeline? The modern scenes of Captain America did NOT have the Stark Expo. The scenes with the Tesseract and Odin's treasure were all in the past and not related to Iron Man 2.

I still feel the average moviegoer didn't get that at all except for Iron Man 2 and Thor because Coulson said he was going to New Mexico and after the credits, it showed him with Mjolnir.

However, the average moviegoer is asking where everyone is in each solo film. The average moviegoer is more like my nephew who watched the Agents of SHIELD trailer and kept asking, But where are the Avengers in it?

If the world is connected, I like having proof of that like having Natasha team up with Steve. I agree that you can't put too many characters or plotlines in a film, but one scene with Rhodey couldn't hurt. It might even just be a phonecall or someone watching Iron Patriot on the news.

Then again, Iron Man 2 was my favorite film because of all the touches like Coulson, Natasha, Stark's prototype for Steve's shield, seeing Howard Stark on the reel, etc. and the Disney references as well.
To get to the heart of the discussion, all of the movies had ties to other movies in the MCU. Phase 1 was about them assembling, so a lot of it had to be subtle and slow. As for where the other heroes were during, say, Iron Man 3, we will find out. We have to wait for the other films. I'm assuming another situation like IM2, Thor and TIH, all films happening at roughly the same time, so they couldn't help one another.

TheHeatKitchen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:26 AM   #29
3dman27
super-hero wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonydelfini View Post
Like Tony, I think War Machine is cooler than Iron Patriot.
for the record ,so do I
perhaps the military will let him go back to using the war machine name as a reward for saing the president in iron man3