Old 05-18-2013, 07:37 PM   #551
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Default Re: Arrow General Discussion Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSovereignty View Post
It's clearly that McKenna chick.
Are you somehow drunk?

By 2016, Batman will have appeared in three big-screen films since 2008. By 2016, Iron Man will have appeared in six films in the same amount of time. Find new s*** to diagnose the current state of cinema with.

Sincerely,
Sawyer

Old 05-18-2013, 09:11 PM   #552
DrDoom
Dictator

Why must everyone be drunk to you Sawyer?

Do you have a problem? You can talk to me, I'm here for you.

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
Old 05-18-2013, 09:29 PM   #553
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Are you somehow drunk?
Stop projecting your inner demons onto me, sawyer. I've had it up to here with your stuff...and thaaaaaangs.

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:32 PM   #554
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

You're all alcoholics.

By 2016, Batman will have appeared in three big-screen films since 2008. By 2016, Iron Man will have appeared in six films in the same amount of time. Find new s*** to diagnose the current state of cinema with.

Sincerely,
Sawyer

Old 05-18-2013, 11:59 PM   #555
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
But Malcolm received his training when Tommy was just a kid. Probably some 15 years ago. Slade didn't even lose his eye back then, and wasn't betrayed by his best friend Billy either at that point. So he didn't have much of a twisted world view. Malcolm told Tommy how he went to Nanda Parbat, that he met a man who helped him make sense of the world, gave him a new purpose for his life, to make the city a better place for everyone. I have a really hard time picturing Slade from the flashbacks as that man.

It's really not that I have a problem with re-imagining things. But I just can't see Slade and Malcolm having a past connection in any way, especially with the writers making it an effort to drop the Ra's hints for the fans.
Can't argue with your logic but that does bring up the separate question of who they will be revealed as Malcolm's trainer, as I think that will be part of his flashbacks in season two and we know Ra's is very unlikely to be used.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 05-19-2013, 12:27 AM   #556
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

I guess other members of the League of Assassins could appear and only refer to Ra's as "The Master". For example, when they approach Malcolm they could say "Our Master is highly disappointed in your failure.". But I guess at some point the audience would want to see this "Master", and like you said, they wouldn't be able to use Ra's.

Sooo.... Let's make it Yao Fei's evil twin?

Old 05-19-2013, 02:53 PM   #557
Justin
Side-Kick

The more I think of it though, a pre-island Yao Fei being Merlyn's trainer is the kinda twist this show would do.

If Malcolm is dead though, it would be pretty pointless given that Yao Fei is also dead.

Old 05-19-2013, 02:58 PM   #558
Justin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroNaz View Post
I still suspect they'll build up toward Thea's death which will eventually bring Roy and Ollie together as a team.
Roy takes on the name "Speedy" as a way to honour his girlfriend and Ollie's sister.
People keep saying this but this just makes no sense to me.

If my little sister died, I would be offended by her boyfriend using her nickname. It would be inappropriate and wrong and I would never call him it.

I think people need to start getting their head around Roy and Thea both being the sidekicks really. I don't see them killing off Willa Holland given how she's the prime identifiable character for the target demographic. Roy is more likely to die imo.

Old 05-19-2013, 03:18 PM   #559
Human Torch
OK,who brought the dog?

Given that they resist calling Ollie even just "Arrow" at this point on the show,I find it highly doubtful that Roy will get the "official" title Speedy.

He might get nicknamed that by Ollie or more likely Thea,but I don't see them saying "The Hood and his side-kick SPEEDY,has struck again tonight...."

Old 05-19-2013, 07:10 PM   #560
protocida
Side-Kick

Season 2 will apparently have elements of "Batman: The Cult". Probably replacing Deacon Blackfire with The Count.

Old 05-19-2013, 09:20 PM   #561
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

I'm not familiar with that arc. What's the gist of it?

Sincerely,
Sawyer

Old 05-19-2013, 09:31 PM   #562
protocida
Side-Kick

Batman is captured by Deacon Blackfire, leader of a cult of homeless people who live in Gotham's sewers. He is brainwashed into becoming Blackfire's follower, and, although he eventually escapes, he struggles with the recovery process. Meanwhile, Blackfire's followers murder public figures and chaos erupts in Gotham. The National Guard eventually intervenes, and martial law is instated in the city to prevent it from tearing itself apart.

Old 05-19-2013, 09:35 PM   #563
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I'm not familiar with that arc. What's the gist of it?
It's been a bit, but a cult leader has a group of followers that live underground with him and assassinate politicians and whatnot. They hold Batman prisoner for a while. I assume the cult would be living in the leveled section of the Glades.

Old 05-19-2013, 09:54 PM   #564
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Things I'm expecting in season 2:

- Ollie and Laurel stay apart due to guilt over Tommy

- Ollie redoubles his efforts to help the city after what happened to the Glades

- Laurel becomes Moira's defense lawyer

- Thea and Roy start working as vigilante's in the Glades

- A crack in the Ollie/Slade team starts to form

- A bigger focus on Digg's feud with Deadshot that I think will tie into the mystery legs

- A nemesis for Felicity to be introduced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
I think people need to start getting their head around Roy and Thea both being the sidekicks really. I don't see them killing off Willa Holland given how she's the prime identifiable character for the target demographic. Roy is more likely to die imo.
I've been saying this for ages, no matter how much some might want it they are not going to kill Thea off.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 05-19-2013, 09:57 PM   #565
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

That is in no way a certainty. She's not off-limits.

The best I can give you is that I'm sure Moira would die before Thea will. So as long as Moira's alive, I'm sure Thea's safe.

Sincerely,
Sawyer

Old 05-19-2013, 10:06 PM   #566
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

The show is on a network aimed at a teenage demographic and her and Roy are the CW's "In" to that demo to add to us nerds, the only way I see Thea dying is in the final season.

Old 05-20-2013, 03:33 AM   #567
UnionJack
In training at MI:13

Caught up on the last episodes this weekend.

I like the show as a whole and glad some of the cast have gone.

I called the boring rich girl/bad boy thing ages ago and it was an underwhelming and boring story.

Hopefully next season less people find out who he is, getting a little too Smallville on that front.

http://www.crhodesdesign.com/

Old 05-20-2013, 03:38 AM   #568
RetroNaz
Bom Bom Bom

If Malcolm is dead then that only leaves Ollie's team that knows who he is with regard to the main cast.

Old 05-20-2013, 04:00 AM   #569
UnionJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroNaz View Post
If Malcolm is dead then that only leaves Ollie's team that knows who he is with regard to the main cast.
That's how it should stay.

Old 05-20-2013, 04:04 AM   #570
Project862006
Banned User

if malcolm is alive where would he go?the entire population of star city know what he did and ultimately what he tried to do he would be seen as a terrorist

Old 05-20-2013, 08:08 AM   #571
TheWiseGuy487
Electrifying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnionJack View Post
Caught up on the last episodes this weekend.

I like the show as a whole and glad some of the cast have gone.

I called the boring rich girl/bad boy thing ages ago and it was an underwhelming and boring story.

Hopefully next season less people find out who he is, getting a little too Smallville on that front.
Even Tommy?

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he left the show at the right time instead of going the evil route, but I actually thought his character probably had one of the more interesting arcs this season. A spoiled rich kid without any aim or purpose in life to a purposeful character who denied himself nearly everything, and even saved another person's life at the expense of his own (even if it was Laurel). In the end, he probably ended up even more fulfilled than nearly every other character on the show.

And this is from someone who didn't really care for him that much at the very beginning.

5-.-2-.-14

Last edited by TheWiseGuy487; 05-20-2013 at 08:16 AM.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:26 AM   #572
Project862006
Banned User

Tommy annoyed me towards end of season and acted like arrow was the summer of sam killer constantly calling him a serial killer even tho he saved laurel,tommy,and even malcom several times

and gets mad at ollie for going after laurel when he knew he still loved her and even broke up with her because of it

Old 05-20-2013, 09:06 AM   #573
UnionJack

The whole love triangle thing was poor.
We all knew how it was gonna go, and Laurel seem's pretty easy, breaks up with one guy then straight into bed with her ex.

I just hope we get less romance and teen drama next season.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:11 AM   #574
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Well, she doesn't seem really easy. She always had lingering feelings for Ollie. She just strikes me as stupid. I mean, it's not like Ollie is a bad catch now, he's changed, he's tons more responsible, and he cleans up the city. But still, with the kind of history they have, him having cheated on her with her own damn sister. Just what the heck is it with girls and bad boys?

Old 05-20-2013, 09:12 AM   #575
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
Tommy annoyed me towards end of season and acted like arrow was the summer of sam killer constantly calling him a serial killer even tho he saved laurel,tommy,and even malcom several times

and gets mad at ollie for going after laurel when he knew he still loved her and even broke up with her because of it
Even though he saved them and the people he kills are evil to some degree, do you think if you suddenly found out your best friend had murdered dozens of people you wouldn't be phased and upset by it? I mean technically Ollie IS a serial killer with the amount of bodies he's dropped, maybe not in the way we think of serial killers like Dexter or Hannibal Lecter, but he has played Judge, Jury and Executioner more than once.

He got mad at Ollie for going after Laurel because just hours earlier Ollie told him to try and make a go of it with Laurel, then Ollie suddenly decides "Whoopee my mission is nearly over" and runs off to bang her.

Closed Thread