The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 01:34 PM   #651
Travesty
TEOL

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Refuted my ass. You guys don't know the definition of confirmed/unconfirmed/vanished.

Old 05-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #652
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 14

I'm not against the idea of a gap in and of itself (Batman Beyond, The Dark Knight Returns) but I do think the execution of the idea in TDKR wasn't very good.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #653
shauner111
Side-Kick

Yeah, you do that Trav.

Old 05-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #654
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Yep.

I think I'm about done with this conversation...
I was already done with this convo pages ago. lol

Old 05-20-2013, 01:36 PM   #655
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm not against the idea of a gap in and of itself (Batman Beyond, The Dark Knight Returns) but I do think the execution of the idea in TDKR wasn't very good.
Fair enough, but my point exactly.

Old 05-20-2013, 01:39 PM   #656
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
I was already done with this convo pages ago. lol
I can confirm that I did not see a sight of you in the conversation. You must have vanished, Kane.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:42 PM   #657
Travesty
TEOL

Quote:
I can confirm that I did not see a sight of you in the conversation. You must have vanished, Kane.
Impossible! Cause if he vanished, that means there were still Kane sightings that nobody saw.

Old 05-20-2013, 01:43 PM   #658
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
Impossible! Cause if he vanished, that means there were still Kane sightings that nobody saw.
Not with their eyes, no.

Old 05-20-2013, 01:43 PM   #659
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

He left unconfirmed posts .

Old 05-20-2013, 01:44 PM   #660
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User

Quote:

Old 05-20-2013, 03:14 PM   #661
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

*Looks around*

I see nobody took my advice. I guess I made all those vodka tonics vanish for nothing.

Or did I? I will not confirm or deny.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 05-20-2013, 03:43 PM   #662
Anno_Domini
Banned User

It's funny how posters can't get their way so they devolve to poking fun at others. Great job guys! You make this thread so cool

Old 05-20-2013, 03:59 PM   #663
regwec
Shakespearo

"Can't get their way..?"

Old 05-20-2013, 04:01 PM   #664
Anno_Domini
Banned User

In trying to have some point that they're reading into things the right way with Batman having retired that very same night without letting anyone have their own opinions. It's quite sad.

Old 05-20-2013, 04:19 PM   #665
Travesty
TEOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
It's funny how posters can't get their way so they devolve to poking fun at others. Great job guys! You make this thread so cool
Quote:
In trying to have some point that they're reading into things the right way with Batman having retired that very same night without letting anyone have their own opinions. It's quite sad.
Exactly 54 posts above these:

Quote:
When you say embrace, what exactly do you mean???
Oh snap, son! If your posts were a boat, you'd be sinking, cause they're full of holes!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
BURRRRNNNNNNN!!!

Old 05-20-2013, 04:38 PM   #666
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Thought I'd share this here:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Someone added a part of the TDKR soundtrack to the SWAT fight in TDK. It makes the scene even more epic IMO.

Always loved that scene. It may possibly be my most favorite moment in the whole trilogy.

Old 05-20-2013, 04:52 PM   #667
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Holy s*** that was awesome!

I must note, I think the actual score in that scene is quite good and fitting. But TDKR's score has this amazing sense of desperation and emotional pull to it.

Old 05-20-2013, 04:56 PM   #668
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
We never said you can't have your own opinion. We just said your opinion is wrong and doesn't match up with what Nolan and his film both state.

Old 05-20-2013, 04:56 PM   #669
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
Holy s*** that was awesome!

I must note, I think the actual score in that scene is quite good and fitting. But TDKR's score has this amazing sense of desperation and emotional pull to it.
I agree. I have many problems with TDKR, but the score was never one of those. Zimmer's score has been fantastic in all 3 films.

Quote:
We never said you can't have your own opinion. We just said your opinion is wrong and doesn't match up with what Nolan and his film both state.
Haven't been keeping up much with the discussion you guys were having but I do feel the need to address the statement that there is anyone here with a "wrong" opinion.

There is no such thing as a wrong opinion. However, there is such thing as a stupid one.

Old 05-20-2013, 04:58 PM   #670
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

The opposite for me... I dislike the score in all three movies, especially in TDKR.

Old 05-20-2013, 05:02 PM   #671
Travesty
TEOL

Quote:
The opposite for me... I dislike the score in all three movies, especially in TDKR.
I really liked it in BB, and then it was alright in TDK, but I really can't remember it in TDKR. I haven't watched it in about a year.

Old 05-20-2013, 05:06 PM   #672
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Score is such a huge factor for me in this genre. It can almost be a make a break kind of thing. For instance, I think if The Avengers had a better score I could have loved the movie. And I'd probably like the Burton Bat-films a lot less if not for Elfman's amazing scores. Sometimes the score is telling the story as much as the script is and that really enhances the experience for me.

Old 05-20-2013, 05:07 PM   #673
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User

In the immortal words of President Jack Nicholson...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 05-20-2013, 05:07 PM   #674
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Haven't been keeping up much with the discussion you guys were having but I do feel the need to address the statement that there is anyone here with a "wrong" opinion.

There is no such thing as a wrong opinion. However, there is such thing as a stupid one.
I actually disagree (kindof). This gets said a lot on the boards. It often comes from the creation of a false dualism between subjectivity and objectivity. Its assumed that because opinions are subjective, they cannot be right or wrong in the same way as objective "facts." That overly schisms the relationship between opinions and facts. If opinions were unassailable by truth claims there could be no discussion, and furthermore no one would ever change their opinion based on the facts.

I'd rather say opinions can be wrong, but not in the same way that facts are wrong. Its not correct to say one's opinion is a fact (that would reduce the distinction between opinions and facts), but it is correct to say someone else's opinion is wrong in the sense that it doesn't align with reality / the facts.

Old 05-20-2013, 05:14 PM   #675
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Well, I have to go anywho... later guys.

Closed Thread