The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Arrow

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 10:01 AM   #576
Compi716
The SHH! Jew

Default Re: Arrow General Discussion Thread - Part 5

It also doesn't help that Laurel is probably the lamest character in the show.

I write for this talent agency's blog. Read it, 'cause it's awesome: http://atbtalent.blogspot.com/
Old 05-20-2013, 10:15 AM   #577
TheWiseGuy487
Electrifying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Even though he saved them and the people he kills are evil to some degree, do you think if you suddenly found out your best friend had murdered dozens of people you wouldn't be phased and upset by it? I mean technically Ollie IS a serial killer with the amount of bodies he's dropped, maybe not in the way we think of serial killers like Dexter or Hannibal Lecter, but he has played Judge, Jury and Executioner more than once.

He got mad at Ollie for going after Laurel because just hours earlier Ollie told him to try and make a go of it with Laurel, then Ollie suddenly decides "Whoopee my mission is nearly over" and runs off to bang her.
Pretty much what I was going to say.

If I was in Tommy's position, I'd be pretty pissed off, too.

5-.-2-.-14

Old 05-20-2013, 10:54 AM   #578
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compi716 View Post
It also doesn't help that Laurel is probably the lamest character in the show.
It's a shame that she is, and I think it's a lot to do with the actress. The writers are forced now into a corner to have to keep her around and make her Black Canary eventually, even though it will be a tedious and painful process for all watching. In any other show where a character's future isn't decided, the writers would bring someone else to the forefront. Here they are kind of stuck with her.

Probably would've been better to wait to cast Black Canary later, once they'd figured out the tone of the show and it hit its stride.

That, at least, is one thing Smallville got right. Imagine if Kristen Kreuk had been cast as Lois Lane from the start.

Old 05-20-2013, 11:20 AM   #579
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

I have to agree. Laurel should have been introduced way later. But they've already introduced her as Oliver's girlfriend, before he even got stranded on the island. And in one season, they showed just how boring that character is. This person is supposed to turn into Black Canary? One of the most badass females in the DCU? That'd be just as bad as seeing Lana Lang turn into a kickass martial artist.

Old 05-20-2013, 02:21 PM   #580
Paradox1
Side-Kick

You got to cut Laurel a break in the ass kicking department she is already ahead of Oliver at a similar stage when he first arrived on the Island. They have shown us glimpses into what she can become once she is focused on that. Oliver when he arrived was dependant on everybody else to survive and still is in a way on the Island.

"Wars are never won, regardless of who might be the victor. The very act of war is itself a horrible defeat." Guardian of the Universe "Battleground: Oa!" Green Lantern, 1st Silver Age series, #127, Denny O'Neil)
Old 05-20-2013, 02:27 PM   #581
Justin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
That is in no way a certainty. She's not off-limits.

The best I can give you is that I'm sure Moira would die before Thea will. So as long as Moira's alive, I'm sure Thea's safe.
You are right, Thea is not untouchable, but they would want a likable mid-late teens rebellious female to take her place. CW has that same character in all their shows pretty much. It's part of their marketing strategy to the female audience. Not just CW either, pretty much every cult hit from Doctor Who to Buffy the Vampire slayer has that kinda character in there. They might kill her off if they could replace her with a new girlfriend for Roy I guess.

I don't see the point, I like Thea personally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider
- A nemesis for Felicity to be introduced
This NEEDS to happen! I say a sexy brunette female IT expert who wears suits and who works for the next big bad. Dark Felicity But on a serious note I'm sure DC has some computer hacker out there she can pwn.

Last edited by Justin; 05-20-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:12 PM   #582
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseGuy487 View Post
Pretty much what I was going to say.

If I was in Tommy's position, I'd be pretty pissed off, too.
Poor Tommy had a rough run of things towards the end, it's amazing he kept it together at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
You are right, Thea is not untouchable, but they would want a likable mid-late teens rebellious female to take her place. CW has that same character in all their shows pretty much. It's part of their marketing strategy to the female audience. Not just CW either, pretty much every cult hit from Doctor Who to Buffy the Vampire slayer has that kinda character in there. They might kill her off if they could replace her with a new girlfriend for Roy I guess.

I don't see the point, I like Thea personally
Agreed.

Quote:
This NEEDS to happen! I say a sexy brunette female IT expert who wears suits and who works for the next big bad. Dark Felicity But on a serious note I'm sure DC has some computer hacker out there she can pwn.
It's got to happen, I mean Ollie and Digg both have their main enemy Felicity needs one as well. I think it might actually be a guy, some kind of ex-CIA techspert.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 05-20-2013, 05:51 PM   #583
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

It might be another hacker type like the Falcon in Revenge who is Nolan's arch nemesis.

Old 05-20-2013, 06:14 PM   #584
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

It's obvius that her nemesis should be an evil Chloe Sullivan.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
Old 05-20-2013, 07:09 PM   #585
Justin
Side-Kick

A guy JUST like Boris from Goldeneye would be the perfect nemesis for Felicity Cyber warfare!

Old 05-21-2013, 12:25 AM   #586
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
It's a shame that she is, and I think it's a lot to do with the actress. The writers are forced now into a corner to have to keep her around and make her Black Canary eventually, even though it will be a tedious and painful process for all watching. In any other show where a character's future isn't decided, the writers would bring someone else to the forefront. Here they are kind of stuck with her.

Probably would've been better to wait to cast Black Canary later, once they'd figured out the tone of the show and it hit its stride.

That, at least, is one thing Smallville got right. Imagine if Kristen Kreuk had been cast as Lois Lane from the start.
i disagree i have seen katie cassidy in other stuff and she is quite fun and charasmatic laurel is such a boring character it is like taking all the personality away from lois and thats laurel

i really liked her in supernatural where she was able to have more fun
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 05-21-2013, 12:36 AM   #587
Nathan

Eh, I'm still not sure. She's got girly girl, and evil b**ch down. But I'm still not sure she can channel Black Canary.

Old 05-21-2013, 12:38 AM   #588
Project862006
Banned User

i dont know a thing about black canary so who knows lol

Old 05-21-2013, 01:14 AM   #589
Supermouse
Side-Kick

If you have Netflix, just check out Supernatural Season 3 Episode 16 No Rest for the Wicked.

Also Sierra McCormick should be on every show, and I use her scenes from that episode as evidence.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 05-21-2013, 10:47 AM   #590
solidsnake86
Side-Kick

I don't know if this has been discussed, but I'm wondering if Green Arrow will appear in the Arkham Origins game as they had a nod to Queen Industries in the newest trailer. Would be a great idea seeing as how the show is doing.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:13 AM   #591
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

I was ready to write this show off, but it definitely got better. Focusing more on Team Arrow (Ollie, Diggle, and Felicity) helped a lot. The love triangle and family melodrama was still rough but at least it was made more relevant to the premise rather than this thing hanging off the side of every episode.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:14 AM   #592
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidsnake86 View Post
I don't know if this has been discussed, but I'm wondering if Green Arrow will appear in the Arkham Origins game as they had a nod to Queen Industries in the newest trailer. Would be a great idea seeing as how the show is doing.
I don't think he really has a place. Unless Oliver Queen just happens to be in Gotham during Christmas. Would they even really know each other at this point? It's only Batman's 2nd year. I doubt he had many team-ups at this point, if at all.

Old 05-21-2013, 12:48 PM   #593
solidsnake86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I don't think he really has a place. Unless Oliver Queen just happens to be in Gotham during Christmas. Would they even really know each other at this point? It's only Batman's 2nd year. I doubt he had many team-ups at this point, if at all.
If I had to take a guess it probably won't be something in the main game but maybe extra content like how they did those challenge maps or how they announced deathstroke as a playable character.

Anyways, I just think it would be cool because Green Arrow would probably make a really good video game if they tried to make one and really there is no better time than now.

Even though the justice league game they made in 2006 wasn't that great he was one of my favourite characters to play as.

Old 05-21-2013, 01:08 PM   #594
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
The Calculator.

Old 05-21-2013, 02:39 PM   #595
Justin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham's Knight View Post
The Calculator.
Hmm, from wikipedia : he was revamped as a non-costumed villainous analogue to Oracle; a source of information for supervillains planning heists, offering suggestions of weaponry, assisting with logistics, etc. but charging $1,000 per question, unlike Oracle, who works pro bono.

Sounds like he could be Felicity's nemesis

Old 05-21-2013, 02:49 PM   #596
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Good call GK.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 05-21-2013, 02:51 PM   #597
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

Burn Notice is ending. Arrow should snag Jeffrey Donovan to play the Question.

Old 05-21-2013, 04:30 PM   #598
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidsnake86 View Post
Don't count on it, Metropolis has been mentioned a few times (definitely once at least), but no Superman has popped up. The nods are just to establish that there is a wider DCU.

Old 05-21-2013, 04:50 PM   #599
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
Don't count on it, Metropolis has been mentioned a few times (definitely once at least), but no Superman has popped up. The nods are just to establish that there is a wider DCU.
There were those rumors that they next Arkham game would feature Justice Leaguers. I'm not sure if that rumor was ever debunked though...

Old 05-21-2013, 04:59 PM   #600
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
There were those rumors that they next Arkham game would feature Justice Leaguers. I'm not sure if that rumor was ever debunked though...
That rumor said it was going to take place in the Silver Age too