The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: Did you like the comic? Do you want more tie-ins?
Yes, I liked it, sure I'd like more 13 48.15%
No, I hated it, BURN IT WITH FIRE!! 2 7.41%
I haven't read it 11 40.74%
Yes, No one is enough 1 3.70%
Other (specify in comments) 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-19-2013, 03:01 PM   #276
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Default Re: Man Of Steel Tie-In Comic *GIRL OF STEEL CONFIRMED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
Yeah I don't like the idea that Kryptonian intervention is the deus ex catalyst for all superpowered beings on Earth.
Why not?

Old 05-19-2013, 03:02 PM   #277
Jim-El
"My Son"

I thought her mother was Mia Farrow...WOOPS!...JK...

"The Kryptonian prophecy will be at last fulfilled. The son becomes the father, the father becomes the son. Farewell forever Kal-El. Remember me my son." - Jor-El/Marlon Brando/Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut
Jim-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:27 PM   #278
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL2K2 View Post
I just get annoyed at people who think this film is getting a sequel when it hasn't even been released. So, no - it's not your whole thinking process. It's just that one bit.
So trying to make an example of me, eh. I don't like mind games mister.

LibidoLoca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:31 PM   #279
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Well of course, it's Laura Vandervoort.
True I loved every part of her (and her scenes) in that show. So yummy.

Ramsay Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:53 PM   #280
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
That doesn't even make sense. Alien material can adapt to different body types. Nothing suggest Clark has altered his suit. It's all in your head.
I never said "HE" altered it, I said that it can be altered and more than likely it will be simply because there is no way to know his actual build and height, there for the suit has to somehow adapt to him, thats not far fetched at all considering what we are dealing with.

Quote:
You just admitted they changed Superman's costume yet you believe they will copy the comic's costume for Supergirl. That doesn't follow logic. They're going to stick with the premise they have already established. Kryptonians wear the same onepiece underarmor. That's how it is with Faora and everyone else in the movie. That's how it is in the prequel comic. Nothing is really backing up your wishful thinking. She won't be running around in a miniskirt or panties if she even appears on screen.
I never said that they would copy Supergirl's suit exactly from the comics, I said they would make it "SIMILAR SINCE THATS WHAT THEY DID WITH SUPERMANS!!", to make Kara wear the exact same outfit as Kal will make her exactly what they have always tried to not make her and that is a carbon copy of Superman with the only difference being he's a guy and she's a girl.

Supergirl unlike Faora has a fan base as we have already established in the topic, with that comes a certain expectation of how she "could" look, I highly doubt Goyer and Snyder (Snyder who is a purest and tries to make things as close to the comics as possible) will completely change how the majority of Supergirl's fanbase has seen her. Again like I said with Superman's suit, there will be changes, yes, but over all they will go with something similar to what is already established. Faora they can play around with simply because she has never had an established costume, same with Zod, their costumes are always changing.

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Reynolds/Pine - Green Lantern -
Bay
Gosling/Kwanten - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
- It's the Dawn Of A New Day!!!!

Last edited by N7 Joseph Shepard; 05-19-2013 at 11:22 PM. Reason: freaking typos and grammer mistakes :S sry
N7 Joseph Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:24 PM   #281
jumpjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephCAW View Post
I never said that they would copy Supergirl's suit exactly from the comics, I said they would make it "SIMILAR SINCE THATS WHAT THEY DID WITH SUPERMANS!!", to make Kara wear the exact same outfit as Kal will make her exactly what they have always tried to not make her and that is a carbon copy of Superman with the only difference being he's a guy and she's a girl.

Supergirl unlike Faora has a fan base as we have already established in the topic, with that comes a certain expectation of how she "could" look, I highly doubt Goyer and Snyder (Snyder who is a purest and tries to make things as close to the comics as possible) will completely change how the majority of Supergirl's fanbase has seen her. Again like I said with Superman's suit, there will be changes, yes, but over all they will go with something similar to what is already established. Faora they can play around with simply because she has never had an established costume, same with Zod, their always changing.
Couldn't have said that better myself!

With so much unknown at this point, my only hope is that if Kara does indeed show up in a future movie, the character is treated with respect and not just there to be killed off.

jumpjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:29 PM   #282
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

thank you JumpJay, and welcome to the site

To be fair to Fanboii, he's obviously right that she will wear something similar to what he made in his manip, anyone can see that in the prequel comic, but it will be changed, its "almost" a guarantee, it will be very strange is she does show up and is solely in that grey version of the Super-Suit, also I did something I said I wouldn't till later on....I read a bit of the comics lol, her....I guess boyfriend....comments about how the suits are uncomfortable and itchy to which she sort of agrees with but adds that its necessary to their mission, her mission is obviously over now, she's probably going to make the suit more comfortable

Snyder
Bay
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
Old 05-20-2013, 12:32 PM   #283
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

just crossed my mind....if we do get Supergirl and Superman together in live action........will we ever get something like..........

Snyder
Bay
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
Old 05-20-2013, 01:10 PM   #284
John Locke
One is Dark One is Light

No I think it will be the opposite. Superman will be killed by Doomsday and then the movie after that will start with Supergirl bring the protagonist until Superman returns.

John Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #285
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ Wow. That seems like an epic film saga in the making.

TheFlamingCoco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:43 PM   #286
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephCAW View Post
I never said "HE" altered it, I said that it can be altered and more than likely it will be simply because there is no way to know his actual build and height, there for the suit has to somehow adapt to him, thats not far fetched at all considering what we are dealing with.

We see the suit standing still and it looks the same before he puts it on. You're exaggerating how much is altered. Being able to stretch to different body shapes is different from having it's design altered. It isn't altered at all. It adapts to his body size. The design isn't altered.

Quote:
So instead of being vague, what exactly do you think will be similar to the comics?

Jor-El, Clark, Faora, Zod, and the other Kryptonians have the same under armor. That doesn't make them carbon copies.

Quote:
Supergirl unlike Faora has a fan base as we have already established in the topic, with that comes a certain expectation of how she "could" look, I highly doubt Goyer and Snyder (Snyder who is a purest and tries to make things as close to the comics as possible) will completely change how the majority of Supergirl's fanbase has seen her. Again like I said with Superman's suit, there will be changes, yes, but over all they will go with something similar to what is already established. Faora they can play around with simply because she has never had an established costume, same with Zod, their costumes are always changing.
Snyder is a purist? Are you completely ignoring everything you have seen so far? So many characters have been changed. Black Perry White, Red-haired Lois, Jenny Olsen, no red trunks, Krypton's whole culture.

Like I said, what exactly about her costume are you so adamant is going to be the same as the comics? You keep saying it will be changed from Superman's but you never say how.

Maybe she just won't have a cape, maybe they'll add some armor, but she will still have the same suit. She's not going to have a miniskirt or panties.

Old 05-20-2013, 03:11 PM   #287
Kal-El.9859
Sent For A Reason

Hey, Lois has been a red head in the comics so I see no biggie on that one...

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Kal-El.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:23 PM   #288
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post

We see the suit standing still and it looks the same before he puts it on. You're exaggerating how much is altered. Being able to stretch to different body shapes is different from having it's design altered. It isn't altered at all. It adapts to his body size. The design isn't altered.
adapting to his body size and the suit being altered is the same thing, the suit changes in some way to fit it wearer and more than likey we will see if change again in a sequel.

Quote:
So instead of being vague, what exactly do you think will be similar to the comics?

Jor-El, Clark, Faora, Zod, and the other Kryptonians have the same under armor. That doesn't make them carbon copies.
I cant say what it will look like since I have no clue, but I am sure that it will be similar to what people would recognize as a Supergirl costume.

Yes Jor-El, Faora and Zod have the same under armor, and yet look, they change their look many times in the movie, thank you

Quote:
Snyder is a purist? Are you completely ignoring everything you have seen so far? So many characters have been changed. Black Perry White, Red-haired Lois, Jenny Olsen, no red trunks, Krypton's whole culture.

Like I said, what exactly about her costume are you so adamant is going to be the same as the comics? You keep saying it will be changed from Superman's but you never say how.

Maybe she just won't have a cape, maybe they'll add some armor, but she will still have the same suit. She's not going to have a miniskirt or panties.

Snyder said many times that he tried to keep the trunks, the end result has a suit that does still look over all like Superman's costume minus the trunks and full yellow belt, he had to make similar changes in Watchmen and 300.

Lois having red hair was in the comics.

Perry White being black....I dont know who came up with that one, if it was Snyder or Goyer or both.

Jenny Olsen, thats all on Goyer and we already know that she is not a gender switch for Jimmy, its his sister and a stepping stone for Jimmy to make his entrance at a later point.

Krypton's culture, all of it that is shown was in the comics, it just looks like they are talking a whole bunch of variations and mashing them into one.

Again I dont know exactly how her costume will look in the end, but I'd expect something thats a cross between the skirt look and her current comics look with some kind of movie twist, maybe even changing the "S" symbol slightly to help make her stand out, maybe your right and she wont have a cape, bottom line though I strongly believe that they will make her very similar to her comic counterpart cause again, all the changes included, thats what they did with Superman.

Snyder
Bay
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
Old 05-20-2013, 03:30 PM   #289
smsvmos
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
Why not?
Yea exactly why not.

The way I see it. It's the best tie in to a JLA movie and here is how?

- Superman (after Mos)
- Batman (grounded in Nolan's world)
- Wonder Woman (Introduction in Men's World and set up for a prequel movie of her origin)

2nd tier characters

- Flash/Barry Allen (Becomes the Flash in JLA [intro])
- Aquaman (Resurfes from Atlantis for first time [ and prequel setup])
- Martin Manhunter ( Clifhanger at the end of movie and set up for MM prequel )

Intro of each Character: few years after MOS

Set up of story: After the events of MoS and the invasion of the Kryptonians, it is discovered that some of the Kryptonians alien tech was previously found in archeological findings around the world. (Tech was activated when Kryptonians attacked). S.T.A.R Labs (Dr. Ivo) and LexCorp (Lex Luthor) join forces to create a an android caple of destroying future threats to planet earth.

Kryptonian Tech found arown the world where mainly located in the Bermuda Triangle later to be the location of Thamyscira and The Lost city of Atlantis found to be in an area in The North Pacific Ocean.

In Thamyscira the Kryptonians Tech is called Zeus Particle/Spark
In Atlantis the Kryptonians Tech is called Red Moon Gods Tech

Superman:
- still seen as an outsider but citizens are getting more used to his iconic presence in the world
- has issues with U.N/Military/Diplomacy about him being an Alien

Batman:
- introduced as Bruce Wayne where he is investigating a joint partner ship between LexCorp and S.T.A.R Labs. WayneTech is ask to join but Batman finds their plans to create A.M.A.Z.O

Wonder Woman:
- daughter of Queen Hypolita. Amazons revele their presence to Men's World after finding out that Humans stoled the Zeus Partical (Zeus Spark is the Tech from Themyscira).

Flash:
-CSI scientist for the government Barry Allen is researching a liquid found in one of the wrecked Kryptonians ship when it's sparked by energy and engulfs him in lightning creating The Flash. In his unstable situation he is helped by Dr. Emil Hamilton to create a material that can maintain this energy state.

Aquaman:
-King of Atlantis Arthur Curry (Orin) is provoked to resurface from Atlantis after an attack was made by A.M.A.Z.O to his people in Atlantis.

Martian Manhunter:
- found at the end of movie, prisoner of Military for hundreds of years.

smsvmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:39 PM   #290
smsvmos
Side-Kick

Those r my 2 cents. Easy transition to a JLA with out waiting 5 years for it.

smsvmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:43 PM   #291
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ So far, Zack Snyder's pretty much one of the few directors adapting entire panels for his adaptations. Since MOS is an original story with elements from comics, he can just reproduce the imagery of Superman and its mythos

TheFlamingCoco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:18 PM   #292
Spamtron
THE MAN

I totally agree with Brit as Supergirl...

As for Wonder Woman, I can't see anyone other than Lynn Collins...

Old 05-20-2013, 04:35 PM   #293
Megalith
Banned User

Why does this hilariously misleading thread still exist? Supergirl will never be on film.

Megalith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:37 PM   #294
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

wtf do you still keep coming in and commenting then? get lost

Snyder
Bay
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
Old 05-20-2013, 04:59 PM   #295
Rogzilla
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalith View Post
Why does this hilariously misleading thread still exist? Supergirl will never be on film.
Never? Supergirl will never be on film? Like, never ever? Is that your final statement? Because, ignoring that fact that she already had a solo film that tied into original series, the only way you could possibly know that she would never, ever appear on film (again) would be if you had foreknowledge of the future. If that is the case, I have a few questions about some upcoming sporting events and state lotterys.

Rogzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:54 PM   #296
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

also, how the hell is the title misleading? The comic is a tie-in to the movie, and ta da, Jars is there front and center, she is "The Girl Of Steel"

Snyder
Bay
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
Old 05-20-2013, 07:21 PM   #297
Kal-El.9859
Sent For A Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalith View Post
Why are you still around when all you do is complain?

Old 05-20-2013, 07:22 PM   #298
Kane52630
Deadcruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamtron View Post

As for Wonder Woman, I can't see anyone other than Lynn Collins...
Indeed.

Old 05-20-2013, 07:33 PM   #299
Kal-El.9859
Sent For A Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Indeed.
Gina Carrano
Gemma Arterton
Olivia Wilde

Old 05-20-2013, 08:28 PM   #300
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
Gina Carrano
Gemma Arterton
Olivia Wilde
Gina's a horrible actress, no way should she be Wonder Woman.

Snow Queen is offline   Reply With Quote