The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 05-20-2013, 06:43 PM   #451
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Default Re: Kevin Feige says no to another Hulk Movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztec View Post
While I support her Ruffalo enthusiasm; she makes some bold, and IMHO completely wrong, prouncements. She claims that TIH was a huge failure and that Iron Man 3 angered fans and is "suffering at the box office". These statements are ludicrous. IM3 is making a ton of money and nearly everyone enjoyed it. The "fans" who are upset are upset because its too different not because it's not a good film. I disagree wih her.
We are in the same boat. Although I sincerely hope marvel goes forward with a hulk in phase 3

Greatness lies, not in being strong, but in the right using of strength; and strength is not used rightly when it serves only to carry a man above his fellows for his own solitary glory. He is the greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own.
Gamma Goliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:08 PM   #452
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Rumors that a live-action version of the Planet Hulk comics series, in which the green monster is banished to an alien world, are completely false, Marvel execs insist.
And with this that dbag's reputation is completely in the mud. I'm glad for it.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:57 PM   #453
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

If IM3 making $337 million domestic after 3 weekends, and over $1 billion worldwide is 'suffering' at the box office, I'd love to know what the hell they consider a hit to be, lol.

Youtube is a gold mine for mis-informed ignorant morons.

Old 05-21-2013, 04:33 PM   #454
Aztec
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
And with this that dbag's reputation is completely in the mud. I'm glad for it.
LOL. Yeah, I'd say he's about through at this point.

Carrie/Machete Order: 4 films..Best Narrative Structure Possible
Search your feelings. You know it to be true.
Aztec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:44 AM   #455
The Shrike
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Just the way I see it, in this MCU, I don't see Stark or the Illuminati shooting Hulk into space. Someone else would have to do it. Either that, or Hulk/Banner would have to do something pretty egregious or something pretty terrible for Iron Man to decide to do that.....
If they want Iron Man to remain a sympathetic character, many things from the comics would have to change, starting with his approval of the fascist Superhuman Registration Act. If his character doesn't take that turn, then he probably doesn't send Banner to a planet to be tortured, or serve Cap up on a platter for execution.

Quote:
How do you justify the Hulk returning to earth and basically preparing to murder all the other heroes because he's duped by his insect buddy?.
Hulk to Sue Storm, who is protecting Reed with her force field, and pleading with Hulk to stop:

"If I sent a bomb, killed your husband, your children, your whole world...would you ever stop?!"

Another Hulk quote:

"Don't like it, do you? It's not fair. Not the whole story. You have excuses. Explanations. You're innocent. These people don't know what really happened. They don't know what's in your heart. Now you know how it feels."

Let's face it, the Illuminati were overdue for a good butt kicking.

Not to mention that Ghost Rider, who can see into mens souls, showed up and quickly determined that the Hulk was justified in his actions.

Quote:
Audiences aren't going to go for that now that they love Hulk and love seeing Hulk team up with other heroes.
There's a lot of truth in this statement, he's a flat out hero now in the Marvel film universe, and kid friendly, so having him go on a rampage and kill other superheroes would be a line they wouldn't cross with his character.

The Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:52 AM   #456
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Hulk definitely needs more screen time in the next Avengers movie. He only had just over 3 minutes, which you can watch compiled in its entirety on you tube.

Old 05-25-2013, 10:52 AM   #457
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Hulk definitely needs more screen time in the next Avengers movie. He only had just over 3 minutes, which you can watch compiled in its entirety on you tube.
Josh said that's all they could afford for the Avengers, maybe Avengers 2 will have a bigger budget or less effects in other areas [no alien invaders] so we can get more Hulk screen time.

bubbadoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:25 AM   #458
Bruce Malone
Why so Bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbadoom View Post
Josh said that's all they could afford for the Avengers, maybe Avengers 2 will have a bigger budget or less effects in other areas [no alien invaders] so we can get more Hulk screen time.
You'll probably get a bit more hulk but it's unlikely much more just for the fact that the hulk was seen as a rousing success in his limited time appearances.

Part of hulks appeal was that he only sort of popped up for a bit so his appearances were that more powerful. Whedon actually fought against having the hulk speak more than he did because he thought it would take away the impact of his one-line in the film.

Bruce Malone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 05:52 PM   #459
Blackman
King Kong

In the next solo film do you guys think the TIH cast should/will return like Liv Tyler as Betty and William Hurt as Ross. Or do you think they'll recast

Blackman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 06:28 PM   #460
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

they could avoid the issue by just putting together a different cast supporting characters

Last edited by Spider-Fan83; 05-25-2013 at 06:41 PM.
Spider-Fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:20 PM   #461
Human Torch
Mandatory Fun

I really want to see Hurt return.I thought he was fantastic.Liv was OK.I really hope Betty Ross is in the sequel,though.For me,she's a must have character for a Hulk film.

Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:35 AM   #462
Obi-Ron
Deal with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan83 View Post
they could avoid the issue by just putting together a different cast supporting characters
Rick Jones, darnit!!!

Old 05-26-2013, 09:58 AM   #463
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Ron View Post
Rick Jones, darnit!!!
This.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:49 AM   #464
Steve Holt
STEVE HOLT!

i wouldn't mind seeing Leonard Sampson back as like the SHIELD shrink.

LOVE to see William Hurt return

Old 05-26-2013, 12:43 PM   #465
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Jones or Amadeus Cho. Either would work for me.

Greatness lies, not in being strong, but in the right using of strength; and strength is not used rightly when it serves only to carry a man above his fellows for his own solitary glory. He is the greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:09 PM   #466
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shrike View Post
Hulk to Sue Storm, who is protecting Reed with her force field, and pleading with Hulk to stop:

"If I sent a bomb, killed your husband, your children, your whole world...would you ever stop?!"

Another Hulk quote:

"Don't like it, do you? It's not fair. Not the whole story. You have excuses. Explanations. You're innocent. These people don't know what really happened. They don't know what's in your heart. Now you know how it feels."

Let's face it, the Illuminati were overdue for a good butt kicking.
Yeah but the Illuminati didn't send the bomb. And if it wasn't for Illuminati he wouldn't have met any of those people anyway.

Quote:
Not to mention that Ghost Rider, who can see into mens souls, showed up and quickly determined that the Hulk was justified in his actions.
But he wasn't. Ghost Rider can be wrong too.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:33 PM   #467
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

Maybe Marvel could use a Hulk movie as a platform to introduce the Inhumans. I guess the arc in the FF that introduced the Inhumans could be altered to incorporate Banner/Hulk as well as the Hulk Annual where he encountered the Inhumans.

That's the trouble with Marvel not having the FF under their umbrella - so many classic characters - Inhumans, Black Panther, etc. - were introduced in those pages and that would still be the best way to introduce them to the movie universe.

Old 05-26-2013, 03:46 PM   #468
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Quote:
Yeah but the Illuminati didn't send the bomb. And if it wasn't for Illuminati he wouldn't have met any of those people anyway.

But he wasn't. Ghost Rider can be wrong too.
It was still them who stranded hulk on sakaar though. I think hulk was justified enough.

Old 05-26-2013, 05:31 PM   #469
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

No he wasn't. He found some measure of peace and happiness on Skaar. It was taken away from him, but that wasn't the Illuminati's fault. Miek was the one who betrayed the Hulk really.

There is no justification for Hulk killing all the Marvel heroes even the members of the Illuminati. And no audience is going to get behind that either. It don't work.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:33 PM   #470
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

It worked for it's purposes, which was to be a comic book story. And that's where it'll likely stay. Marvel isn't crazy enough to make it live action because in no way would it work.

Old 05-26-2013, 11:21 PM   #471
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

I always thought Marvel Comics dropped the Hulk too quickly from the Avengers roster back in 1963/64 so I hope they do not make that same mistake with the movies. I like this version of the Hulk SO much better than either of the other two - I see no reason to screw up a good thing by drifting into Plant Hulk or WWHulk stories.

Old 05-27-2013, 07:26 AM   #472
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Has Stan Lee or anyone else ever explained why they decided to remove Hulk from the Avengers roster almost immediately after the comic first began? If you think about it now, that seems a bit of an odd move.

Old 05-27-2013, 11:02 AM   #473
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Has Stan Lee or anyone else ever explained why they decided to remove Hulk from the Avengers roster almost immediately after the comic first began? If you think about it now, that seems a bit of an odd move.
In early issues of the FF, it seems like the Thing and the Torch were always quitting, but never really did for more than an issue, and if that.

I guess here was the chance to do a story where that really stuck.

It does work in natural sort of way, #1 they team up, #2 Hulk finds out they don't trust him, #3 he teams up with Sub-Mariner to strike back at the team, and as a results of these events they find Cap in #4. One could argue it was all an elaborate multi-issue plan to bring back Captain America - and I am sure today Stan would tell you that was the plan all along - but at the time I am sure they were just winging it.

There was a time during the David/Keon Hulk run when Hulk had Banner's brains - the "smart Hulk" era - and even then rather than bring Hulk back into the Marvel U proper, they placed him on some new team - the Pantheon.

As we saw in the movie, Marvel missed a golden opportunity by not having him on the Avenger's team more often.

Old 05-27-2013, 12:24 PM   #474
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Idk hulk has a theme of always being a misunderstood unpredictable monster. That's who the character is. Making him a legit hero shortly after his creation would have kinda destroyed what his character is about honestly. It wouldn't make sense for the avengers to keep such a destructive wild card on the team and it kinda screws with his solo book

spideyboy_1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:22 PM   #475
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Movie Avengers Hulk is kind of like comic Defenders Hulk.

Defenders Hulk was a fun character and the highlight of the book. He was also not as much of a menace and would often do fairly regular things like buying 100 cans of beans at the checkout counter and then eating it around the table with the other Defenders.