The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 06:44 PM   #676
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
Score is such a huge factor for me in this genre. It can almost be a make a break kind of thing. For instance, I think if The Avengers had a better score I could have loved the movie. And I'd probably like the Burton Bat-films a lot less if not for Elfman's amazing scores. Sometimes the score is telling the story as much as the script is and that really enhances the experience for me.
Hear, hear.

Cracked.com's Bat Battle: http://www.cracked.com/article_15029...ie-batman.html
Old 05-20-2013, 07:41 PM   #677
milost
Banned User

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 14

Last time Bruce was Batman before TDKR was at the end of The Dark Knight. Period. He wasn't Batman for a 8 years.

Yeah, it sucks but that's how it is. It's the same deal with the length of time Batman fought crime, which was about a year. This is what the filmmakers/story tellers intended and present to us. You can make up scenarios or whatever personal "canon" you want, but it is what it is.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:10 PM   #678
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by milost View Post
Last time Bruce was Batman before TDKR was at the end of The Dark Knight. Period. He wasn't Batman for a 8 years.

Yeah, it sucks but that's how it is. It's the same deal with the length of time Batman fought crime, which was about a year. This is what the filmmakers/story tellers intended and present to us. You can make up scenarios or whatever personal "canon" you want, but it is what it is.
Short, cut throat, to the point, and all true

- The Joker
Old 05-20-2013, 08:36 PM   #679
shauner111
Side-Kick

The score could be my favorite thing from the trilogy. Especially in TDKR.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:09 PM   #680
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Personally, I don't really care that he was retired the full 8 years. I can take the movie at face value. However, it would be quite easy tell a story about Batman's last missions before the Dent Act/retirement in a way that's smooth and doesn't feel like a retcon. And it could actually be a good story that fit the tone of the universe (cause I know some would say you can imagine anything like a Darkseids story etc.). I'm sticking to my guns on that one.

There's a whole year between BB and TDK that could be further explored than it already has as well. It's a shame, I'd love to see more DC Animated films set in the Nolanverse but I know it won't happen.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158

Last edited by BatLobsterRises; 05-20-2013 at 09:17 PM.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:11 PM   #681
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Whomever he faces will certainly be underwhelming since the theoretical villain doesn't make enough of a ruckus to enter police records (and by proxy, Batman). Batman vs his knee then?

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 05-20-2013, 09:15 PM   #682
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

Batman vs Crazy Quilt

Old 05-20-2013, 09:21 PM   #683
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

I came up with a rough idea for a Deadshot story that I posted back here http://forums.superherohype.com/show...457877&page=22.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:22 PM   #684
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Batman vs Monster Men and Harvey Dent's Ghost

Old 05-20-2013, 09:24 PM   #685
Kane52630
Deadcruiser

Condiment King definitely busted his knee. for sho.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:27 PM   #686
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
He'll never...catch...up....with him on that bum knee

Old 05-20-2013, 09:28 PM   #687
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

We need a good dark and gritty Egghead story.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:29 PM   #688
ThePhantasm
BADASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
He'll never...catch...up....with him on that bum knee
Why mustard you make such jokes

Wonder Gal | Cav-El | Batfleck | #TrustSnyder
Old 05-20-2013, 09:33 PM   #689
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

perhaps batman's poor knee was karma for Batman screwing up Sal Maroni's legs. Who was the head of the mob but in actuality was the biggest mob informant for the FBI, getting to keep his throne by ratting out his closest associates, placed there by God himself. The only way Batman could redeem himself was to put the cowl back on and be a Superhero, explaining the magical healing of his knee. His redemption was complete, tying in to the broader redemption of his overall arc.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:42 PM   #690
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
Exactly 54 posts above these:

Oh snap, son! If your posts were a boat, you'd be sinking, cause they're full of holes!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
BURRRRNNNNNNN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Thought I'd share this here:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Someone added a part of the TDKR soundtrack to the SWAT fight in TDK. It makes the scene even more epic IMO.

Always loved that scene. It may possibly be my most favorite moment in the whole trilogy.
Amazing.

My favorite scene in TDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
We never said you can't have your own opinion. We just said your opinion is wrong and doesn't match up with what Nolan and his film both state.
Lol. Opinions can't be wrong, but okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Haven't been keeping up much with the discussion you guys were having but I do feel the need to address the statement that there is anyone here with a "wrong" opinion.

There is no such thing as a wrong opinion. However, there is such thing as a stupid one.
Pleased I don't have one

Quote:

No one is saying Bruce Wayne stayed on as Batman those eight years. Hell, no one has even said he stayed on as Batman for seven, six, five, four, three or two. I and I assume the others that agree, have only stated he was around for only a bit until the Dent Act was created and that law could've passed very quickly just by going with how Nolan doesn't understand how laws work, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post

Old 05-20-2013, 09:43 PM   #691
Kane52630
Deadcruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Why mustard you make such jokes
Because he relish the opportunity.

Old 05-21-2013, 04:38 AM   #692
Ryan
Side-Kick

Quote:

winner,winner!

Old 05-21-2013, 06:03 AM   #693
Tequilla
Side-Kick

Not really a winner when the line is specifically confirmed sightings.

Off course it allows to speculation if it was that night , a day after , of after a week. There is also no doubt he stopped operating after a while.

Old 05-21-2013, 06:16 AM   #694
Tequilla
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
Whomever he faces will certainly be underwhelming since the theoretical villain doesn't make enough of a ruckus to enter police records (and by proxy, Batman). Batman vs his knee then?
That's what the clean state is for

Old 05-21-2013, 07:26 AM   #695
The_Raganork
I'm Cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
That and Nolan himself said Batman hung up the cape for those 8 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
You're overanalyzing one thing Nolan said, imo...he would never say "he retired a year after The Dark Knight's events". Bringing up the eight year gap is just to clarify the time gap between the two films and that he retired, lol.
don't you believe a direct quote from Nolan! He was making a point within a point within a point!

Old 05-21-2013, 08:04 AM   #696
regwec
Shakespearo

Maybe, if we all link hands and concentrate really hard, we can 'magic' an extended career for Batman into the movies. C'mon now! Nnnnnggh!

It is unnecessary to point out that somebody's opinion is their opinion. Don't.

Worried they might cast a black man as your favourite superhero? :(
Old 05-21-2013, 08:42 AM   #697
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
Maybe, if we all link hands and concentrate really hard, we can 'magic' an extended career for Batman into the movies. C'mon now! Nnnnnggh!
I am nnnnnnnggghhh-ing hard, it ain't happening, though I may be turning Super Sayian instead.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:46 AM   #698
Kane52630
Deadcruiser

I'm not touching anyone's hands here.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:10 AM   #699
regwec
Shakespearo

It won't have happened if no one has sighted it.

It is unnecessary to point out that somebody's opinion is their opinion. Don't.

Worried they might cast a black man as your favourite superhero? :(
Old 05-21-2013, 12:24 PM   #700
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Raganork View Post
don't you believe a direct quote from Nolan! He was making a point within a point within a point!
When Nolan doesn't say Bruce quit that night, so, I don't buy someone saying Nolan directly said he quit that night. Only mentioning the gap year of Bruce having quit as Batman

Closed Thread