The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 05-12-2013, 06:58 PM   #101
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Default Re: Avengers Assemble - New Animated Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Most of those things you are claiming about Loeb aren't true and you are simply twisting quotes around.
Except the parts that are true. Everything I said was either directly said by Loeb or heavily implied.

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:24 AM   #102
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Not really. Statistics show that adults buy manga just as much as kids do and those are the statistics for mainstream titles such as Shonen Jump ones. Less mainstream titles, such as the seinen ones, are strictly for adults.

Manga shows the full potential of storytelling as well. American comics so far have only shown their full potential with superheroes. Sure that there are other things out there like the Vertigo comics but those don't receive anywhere the amount of attention that your standard Marvel and DC comics do. On the other hand, manga gets full exposure overall.

Batman TAS, JL/JLU, TSSM, Avengers EMH, Avatar, and TMNT were all great and have done very well with what they were given. If things were up to me, those shows would be the standards that every show would have to achieve. I haven't seen much of SW:TCW but I'll take your word for it that it's on the same quality as those other shows.

I'm not a Naruto fan. Ironically, I can be described as an anti-Naruto guy by the people that know me lol. Yes, the "Shikamaru" username does come from the character - I love that character - but Naruto itself is an anime and manga that I gave up on long ago, basically when Shippuden started. Today, it is in my opinion the most overrated anime/manga one can run into in the anime/manga community, with Bleach being a close second. I have been to the anime/manga subsection but it was sadly not something that appealed too me much on this site. You will find me on almost every other big anime/manga site though .

To go full circle to the topic of this thread, the biggest problem with Ultimate Spider-Man is their characterization of Spidey himself. The guy acts a lot more like Naruto than he does as Spider-Man. Think about it. He is stubborn, narcissistic, acts cocky a lot of the times, never thinks before he acts, runs into a situation and makes his friends question if he is sane, is not funny even though he tries to be, is "stupid but smart sometimes" as Tigress described him in one episode, and the list goes on. Marvel has created their own American version of Naruto .
Yeah they should be standards, unfortunatelly animated studios like MoA don't seem to think so, thinking about other shows there are indeed some very good animated ones, like spongebob (haven't been following it for years), fairy odd parents, Danny Phantom, and i remember some very funny shows that were cancelled too soon, the first two that come to mind are dave the barbarian and Brandy & Mr.Whiskers.

By the way, you droped Naruto right when it started to go downhill, Part I was by far the best part of the series.

Now that you mention it that may be true, but i see it more like MoA giving him the Ben 10 treatment, and with that they forgot that Peter Parker's suposed to be inteligent.

By the way, anybody has a link with the comparison of the ratings of Ultimate and Spectacular?

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:07 PM   #103
Drz
Real Hero

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I wish Marvel could hire me for the Man of Action team, nothing better than earning a salary thru cliff notes from Joss Whedon's Avengers.

Old 05-15-2013, 05:09 PM   #104
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Hahaha! That really would be the easiest job in the world.

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:52 PM   #105
Drz
Real Hero

Surprise... Not! Avengers Assemble sucks!

Lazy animation, everyone is dumb, things happen just to move the plot forward and noone is likeable. Thats the end for me with this show, that one awful episode was enough.

Old 05-20-2013, 11:06 PM   #106
cleverusername8
Or something like that

Animation aside, I like it a lot! I just watched the free 30 minutes from iTunes. It feels exactly like EMH to me. I know people will disagree because they're bitter, but the humor, the story, the action is literally in the same vein as Avengers EMH. Though I will agree that the character models are UGLY. Each and every one is gut wrenching... 90s cartoons look better to be honest.

That said, I do like it a lot and will be following this show after it premieres.

cleverusername8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:40 PM   #107
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

Lmao, Stark Tower is the same exact design as the one in the MCU!

The opening title card reeks of Ultimate Spider-Man

Phase III: -A-CA3-DS--GOTG2--A3 Shows: -DD-JJ-IF-LC-TD One Shots:
GRangerPrimeNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:02 AM   #108
GamerSlyRatchet
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
Surprise... Not! Avengers Assemble sucks!

Lazy animation, everyone is dumb, things happen just to move the plot forward and noone is likeable. Thats the end for me with this show, that one awful episode was enough.
Pretty much. I was expecting something at least decent, but this first part was flat-out awful. The animation is laughable, with very noticeable still frames; the voice acting ranges from OK to bored; the pacing is horrid, cramming so many possible plots for a pilot in 23 minutes, which lead to Cap's "destruction" to be more hilarious, if anything; the characters are either unlikable or boring, and I find it weird just how Black Widow is a "member", yet feels excluded from the boy's club of this show's Avengers.

This isn't even mentioning how childish and cliche Red Skull's plot was.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
OK, the mind-swapping was standard, but understandable. But then they completely play the "voices change with mind-swap" cliche completely straight, even giving Skull Cap EVIIIILLLL red eyes so the kiddies can tell. Red Skull spends the entire episode insulting Tony and his armor. Yet at the end and out of nowhere, he admires his armor and steals it with MODOK's Diabolous Ex Machina powered by Josephisto's Magic, then puts it on himself and renames himself "Iron Skull".

This really felt like a bad 80's cartoon shilling the movies. I'll probably catch the second part of this, but it will have to work hard to improve the poor first impression this first part did.

I can say the biggest difference between this show [YOUNG JUSTICE] and "ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN" is showcased in one detail; this show expects their audience to know who H.G. Welles is, while "USM" assumes kids have never done anything but play video games in their room or watch MTV.
GamerSlyRatchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:06 AM   #109
Nathan

Alright, watched it. I hate Ultimate Spider-Man. I hate the fact that Man of Action took over and treat the entire audience as if they had adhd. But this was ok. The whole Episode was kinda flash over substance, but it's by far not as terrible as Ultimate Spider-Man. Not even close. I can actually see myself catching a couple Episodes more, and hope that they'll be able to deliver some story heavy ones. If everything happens to be exactly just like the Pilot though, it will still be a good cartoon. Good, but not great.

Old 05-21-2013, 04:13 PM   #110
3dman27
super-hero wannabe

ill record it on sunday and see for mself

Old 05-21-2013, 04:36 PM   #111
THUNDERSTRIKE
FLUSHING DOWN THE FILTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRangerPrimeNYC View Post
Lmao, Stark Tower is the same exact design as the one in the MCU!

The opening title card reeks of Ultimate Spider-Man
would this be an accurate description of AA in your opinion?

I am created the Destroyer, Shatterer of the accursed Castle that shall collapse and crumble into a forgotten ruination.
So falls Zehnnc-Dee'Ya, the unstable B***hQueen, and
El'Yah, her kiss-ass and Sleez, her ancient and savage Over
Seer.
The B***h lies in the guise of her deceptive words and lies helpless in the ruin of her useless life, unable to save herself.
None are so blind to the obvious truth than the misled travellers that gather within the halls of her Castle at Rotting Hill.

TYALYZE
THUNDERSTRIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:55 PM   #112
venom892
Got Lucky

It wasn't absolutely dreadful, but it went a mile a minute and Red Skull was terrible.I doubt I'll invest the time to watch this series.

Vote for your favorites in The Battle of the Comic Book Films Tournament! here!
venom892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:14 PM   #113
SpideyForPrez
Pandering to Webublicans

Wow. This was really bad. IMO, this show is worse than Ultimate Spider-Man. At least USM knows what it is: a self-aware comedy-first and characters-and-plot-second cartoon aimed at kids, with some pretty good animation. This show is just a mindless action toon with terrible animation and the worst characterization of comic book heroes in a long time.

All the Avengers are idiots and the plot just happens. Iron Man recruiting Sam and making a Falcon costume, without intending Sam or anyone else to wear it, just made no sense what so ever. When Red Skull and Cap switch bodies, Cap is for some reason just as strong in Red Skull's body as was in his own. There was a line from Iron Man about "Cap wasn't destroyed he was teleported! How did I miss that?" Good question, the answer being that Iron Man wouldn't have missed that! It's just the dumbass writers being lazy.

Aside from being more in line with the movies, I think another reason they got rid of Black Panther and Pym is because Man of Action is too dumb to write those complex characters. That and the fact that they haven't appeared in a movie yet, so MOA probably has no clue who they are. Do these guys even read comics? You would think so from watching Ben 10.

There was another line from MODOK at one point, something like, "I was created to destroy!" Ummm, MODOK was Designed Only for Killing! It's in his name, have him say it! It's basically his catchphrase! I don't think I can tolerate watching anymore of this show. I would honestly rather watch Ultimate Spider-Man. At least that show has made me laugh a couple times. Marvel should be ashamed of themselves for this one.

SpideyForPrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:27 PM   #114
THUNDERSTRIKE
FLUSHING DOWN THE FILTH

wow, evidently the farce that is Loeb, Quesadilla and MOA continues...

nice to see that the s**t they crank out is still consistent...

I am created the Destroyer, Shatterer of the accursed Castle that shall collapse and crumble into a forgotten ruination.
Seer.
The B***h lies in the guise of her deceptive words and lies helpless in the ruin of her useless life, unable to save herself.
None are so blind to the obvious truth than the misled travellers that gather within the halls of her Castle at Rotting Hill.

TYALYZE
Old 05-21-2013, 07:55 PM   #115
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

I watched the episode on iTunes last night. It was pretty horrible. I would've thought that the Disney connection would at the very least result in some decent animation, but nope. Terrible animation, terrible dialogue, flat jokes, bland plot. Maybe it'll improve, but so far Assemble is awful.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:08 PM   #116
epc11223
Side-Kick

saw the episode last night and it was pretty much what i expected it to be. it wasn't too bad but nothing too special. i'll admit that i'm more of a dc guy but still enjoy comics in general and don't hate marvel. i have mostly all the movies on dvd/blue. i can see why they changed the format of the show to this new one to capitalize on the movies. the animation was alright but it definitely seemed to cater to children. what i find frustrating is that they said the new avengers assemble would pretty much be a sequel to emh but i'm watching the series finale right now and falcon clearly makes a cameo. the new show has really nothing to do with emh and i'm ok with that, but it seems like they lied to not anger all the fans that enjoyed emh. overall the first episode to the new show i thought was a 7.5/10.

epc11223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:44 PM   #117
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERSTRIKE View Post
would this be an accurate description of AA in your opinion?
Hmm, I don't get it

Phase III: -A-CA3-DS--GOTG2--A3 Shows: -DD-JJ-IF-LC-TD One Shots:
GRangerPrimeNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:50 PM   #118
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

This looks horrendous.

Hush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:34 AM   #119
THUNDERSTRIKE
FLUSHING DOWN THE FILTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRangerPrimeNYC View Post
Hmm, I don't get it
simple... in your opinion, do you think Avengers Assemble reeks?

Seer.

TYALYZE
Old 05-22-2013, 12:49 AM   #120
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

I'm unsure if the voice actor is just horrible or if it just sounds seriously bad because that line was spoken a billion quatrillion infinity times better by RDJ.

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag
Ultimatehero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:04 AM   #121
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Finished watching the episode from iTunes.

They canceled Avengers: EMH for this?

I hate to say it, but, I have lost faith in Marvel's animation division.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:57 AM   #122
Venomfan
Side-Kick

it's weird because EMH was very inline with the movies already, and falcon was just introduced as well

Old 05-22-2013, 11:59 AM   #123
Nathan

They could have just continued the show and updated the designs in a 3rd season. Want Avengers Towers from the Movie in the cartoon? Come up with a plot to destroy the old tower and then rebuild it. There is literally no reason why this new Avengers cartoon should exist.

Old 05-22-2013, 01:08 PM   #124
THUNDERSTRIKE
FLUSHING DOWN THE FILTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
Finished watching the episode from iTunes.

They canceled Avengers: EMH for this?

I hate to say it, but, I have lost faith in Marvel's animation division.
the entire department needs to be completely overhauled and revamped and the people in charge need to be removed and replaced with more competent individuals when it comes to overseeing everything and that can be more open and honest and forthright with the fans and be willing to at least listen to the voice of the people, so to speak...

Seer.

TYALYZE
Old 05-22-2013, 01:15 PM   #125
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERSTRIKE View Post
the entire department needs to be completely overhauled and revamped and the people in charge need to be removed and replaced with more competent individuals when it comes to overseeing everything and that can be more open and honest and forthright with the fans and be willing to at least listen to the voice of the people, so to speak...
This.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote