The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 05:01 PM   #976
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
this movie seems like it's going to be better than Iron Man 3.
Bit pre-mature to say so from set-photos, haha

Old 05-21-2013, 05:19 PM   #977
AdWolF16
Side-Kick

I was in Cleveland this afternoon for the filming, and captured this gem of a video (watch till the end, and don't have your speakers up too loud...):

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

seems like they really want Fury deader than dead.

aim: AdWolF16
Old 05-21-2013, 05:20 PM   #978
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
Bit pre-mature to say so from set-photos, haha
Just what I was thinking. When people announce, "This will be the best movie of the year!" or "This will be better than ___________!" about films that haven't even had a second of actual footage released, it's tiresome. At least wait until the film has a teaser trailer before speculating about how good it will be. As a Captain America fan I dearly want this film to be as good as or better than all of Marvel's previous movies, but it's impossible to know for sure how it stacks up until the finished product premieres.

Old 05-21-2013, 05:28 PM   #979
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Given all the stuff we know/have theorized about this movie by now, it looks like Phase II might be a lot less cosmic than we thought

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 05-21-2013, 05:39 PM   #980
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMaster View Post
Given all the stuff we know/have theorized about this movie by now, it looks like Phase II might be a lot less cosmic than we thought
We already knew Thor and GOTG would be the cosmic movies and Iron Man and Cap would be grounded.

Old 05-21-2013, 06:05 PM   #981
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

So is it safe to assume that there won't be as much CGI involved in this film as the other Phase 2 films considering the time that they started filming and the release date that they have in mind for it.

Old 05-21-2013, 06:13 PM   #982
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Maybe. It's also interesting that filming is only for 60 days, that's really quick.

Old 05-21-2013, 07:05 PM   #983
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Maybe. It's also interesting that filming is only for 60 days, that's really quick.
I really hope that they gave this film a much bigger budget than the previous film since it became obvious at the second half of “The First Avenger” that they were low on budget considering the story that they were trying to tell.

So far, we’ve gotten some pretty big spectacles from Iron Man 3, and Thor: TDW seems very promising in ramping up the action considerably (in an Avengers-like Scale) when compared to its predecessor (Thor 1). I hope that applies with CA:WS as well and that we get some set photos of some major action sequence involving Captain America and WS.

Old 05-21-2013, 07:17 PM   #984
T"Challa
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I really hope that they gave this film a much bigger budget than the previous film since it became obvious at the second half of “The First Avenger” that they were low on budget considering the story that they were trying to tell.

So far, we’ve gotten some pretty big spectacles from Iron Man 3, and Thor: TDW seems very promising in ramping up the action considerably (in an Avengers-like Scale) when compared to its predecessor (Thor 1). I hope that applies with CA:WS as well and that we get some set photos of some major action sequence involving Captain America and WS.
CA:TFA had a 140 mill budget..thats a lot imo, same as the first Transformers movie.and i always say its one of those movies where i didn't see the money on the screen. Take these movies for example: Life of Pi and Prometheus cost 130 Mill. Oblivion- 120 mill,Cloud Atlas -100 mill. Yet these movies were bigger in scale and had a lot more VFX than TFA.

This is one thing i hope Marvel Studios eventually improve on. For how expensive the movies are, most of them haven't been particularly visually stunning, save for the Asgard scenes in Thor imo.

Old 05-21-2013, 07:27 PM   #985
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Just what I was thinking. When people announce, "This will be the best movie of the year!" or "This will be better than ___________!" about films that haven't even had a second of actual footage released, it's tiresome. At least wait until the film has a teaser trailer before speculating about how good it will be. As a Captain America fan I dearly want this film to be as good as or better than all of Marvel's previous movies, but it's impossible to know for sure how it stacks up until the finished product premieres.
yeah, that's why i said it seems like it will be better.

Old 05-21-2013, 07:28 PM   #986
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post
CA:TFA had a 140 mill budget..thats a lot imo, same as the first Transformers movie.and i always say its one of those movies where i didn't see the money on the screen. Take these movies for example: Life of Pi and Prometheus cost 130 Mill. Oblivion- 120 mill,Cloud Atlas -100 mill. Yet these movies were bigger in scale and had a lot more VFX than TFA.

This is one thing i hope Marvel Studios eventually improve on. For how expensive the movies are, most of them haven't been particularly visually stunning, save for the Asgard scenes in Thor imo.

True; but in the case of “Transformers”, I think it was reported that Bay was able to get Car companies and the military involved which helped cut down the costs when it came to the film and how it presented those two factors.

And I definitely agree with the latter as well.

Old 05-22-2013, 12:41 AM   #987
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMaster View Post
I wouldn't jump to *that* conclusion at all.

I still wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see one or more aliens pop up in disguise in a position of power in Washington. Not necessarily a full-scale Secret Invasion, but a Kree or Skrull as a spy in place to check out these humans.

New random thought: Alexander Pierce: Mar-Vell. Yes? No? Maybe? Ronan is rumored to be on the way for GOTG. And I'm still waiting to hear what "Agent 13"'s actual name is. I still think there's a good shot that her name might be Carol. Winter Soldier + Nick Fury vs. SHIELD + Captain Mar-Vell, Agent of Kree = X-Files + Avengers. = ALL KINDS OF AWESOME, thank you

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 05-22-2013, 01:50 AM   #988
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

I was reading an interview with the guy that did the moto-bike for Oblivion, his business is customizing and restoring motorcycles for movies. I saw this comment and couldn't help but wonder if it's for Cap 2.

Quote:
For now, the motorcycle man is working on a top-secret cycle for an upcoming Marvel movie. And, "Oblivion" sequel or not, he says he'd be happy to work with Cruise again.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 05-22-2013, 01:59 AM   #989
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Also remember that one person's idea of "the best Marvel movie" is different to another's. My Dad thought IM3 was the best, but some people clearly disagree.

Old 05-22-2013, 02:14 AM   #990
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
I was reading an interview with the guy that did the moto-bike for Oblivion, his business is customizing and restoring motorcycles for movies. I saw this comment and couldn't help but wonder if it's for Cap 2.
I thought it was confirmed that the motorcycles they were building were for GotG rather than CA2.

Old 05-22-2013, 03:36 AM   #991
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
Also remember that one person's idea of "the best Marvel movie" is different to another's. My Dad thought IM3 was the best, but some people clearly disagree.
IM3 or Thor is my favorite that isn't Avengers itself, hoping for Cap 2 to overtake both though, since I was underwhelmed by Cap1. Thor 2 and GotG also have a lot of anticipation going for them for me as well lol.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 05-22-2013, 03:42 AM   #992
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

I loved 1st Avenger, Even my dad liked it and said it would have been better without the ray guns lol

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 05-22-2013, 06:47 AM   #993
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
yeah, that's why i said it seems like it will be better.
My point still stands

Old 05-22-2013, 06:47 AM   #994
ctsketch
Side-Kick

I loved first avenger... Except the montage part seemed rushed... And crashing the ship for no reason, would have been better for it to get damaged. It's not like Steve couldn't fly it back to Germany...

Old 05-22-2013, 07:42 AM   #995
StarLord
The Dark Side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
They're breaking out heavily artillery on the SUV. There's also a set pic with SLJ now near the SWAT van...wondering if its really Nick Fury that's supposed to be in the SUV

Their not the same vehicles.

Old 05-22-2013, 07:52 AM   #996
BullMcGiveny
Probably Disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Really?? That's pretty ****ing short. I thought 3.5 months was the minimum.

Also, am I alone in not buying that the movie is based on Nick Fury vs SHIELD?

It seems that most of the evidence is coincidental, and really. It'd be pretty ridiculous for the story this movie is based on to not be an actual Captain America story.

Old 05-22-2013, 07:55 AM   #997
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
I thought it was confirmed that the motorcycles they were building were for GotG rather than CA2.
Oh I see, I'm not following that movie and don't know any of the characters, so when I saw custom bike I thought of Cap as he has ridden one in both films he has been in.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 05-22-2013, 08:13 AM   #998
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post

It seems that most of the evidence is coincidental, and really. It'd be pretty ridiculous for the story this movie is based on to not be an actual Captain America story.
Could be a mash up of two stories

Old 05-22-2013, 08:14 AM   #999
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Whiplash* View Post
Their not the same vehicles.
the poster didn't say they were the same... he mentioned the other was a SWAT vehicle

Old 05-22-2013, 08:19 AM   #1000
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post

Using elements of it isn't the same as being completely based on it.

Closed Thread