Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > The Wolverine

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 04:17 PM   #926
TWayneP
Side-Kick

Default Re: THE WOLVERINE Trailer Thread - Second Teaser Online May 21st

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningman3000 View Post
Things I Liked: Yukio, fight choreography, Camera choreography, Sanada, jean, and the last shot of the trailer.

Not so much: tongue, not much Mariko,

Spoilers

Did anyone catch this in the trailer? Something may have happened to Wolverine's Blades

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Your right, i noticed that aswell. If you look closely a the 1080p trailer you can see a bit of orange singe in there as if they were chopped off.

Unless the claws are perfectly parallel to each other (which they are not), in the still you see what you think is the middle claw facing directly toward you, therefore you would have to see more of the 1st and 3rd claws. You would notice the angle and depth no matter what. just compare it to the other hand. The angles don't work out if you think they are just facing the camera. It doesn't line up with the way his hand is laying either

They do get cut off.

Last edited by TWayneP; 05-21-2013 at 04:27 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:36 PM   #927
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

My only real complaint Is not much of story comes across.They are selling the action In
trailers.The problem Is It's hard to know what from the japanese storyline from comics Is
being adapted to screen.

But does the trailer make me want to see film.Yeah.But,for those waiting to blast a fox marvel film the trailer doesn't do much to rebout those people.

Old 05-21-2013, 04:48 PM   #928
Blackman
C'mon Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgec View Post
Interesting trailer. I kind of like the tone. Seems to be a grounded, human film about Wolverine.
That's what I think we I see scene like Logan on his own in the beginning or Logan in the rain...but then there come to scene like the ones with Viper, the fight with the ninjas where theyre riding motorcycles on the roofs, and the train fight and I dont like what I see.

I do like the one Silver Samurai scene when it looks like him and Logan are fighting in a house, but other than that I dont really like the look of the action scenes.

If I had to guess I'll still like the movie though

Old 05-21-2013, 05:08 PM   #929
Legion
Side-Kick

I liked the scene where Wolverine has all the arrows stuck in him.

Old 05-21-2013, 05:10 PM   #930
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

I think this is one of those films where we hope the film is better than the trailers have sold it as.

It could be good if the acting and tone of the movie are put together in the right way but it's hard to grasp from what we've seen?

Also when are we ever going to see bezerker wolverine again? ala X-2 mansion scene?

Old 05-21-2013, 05:33 PM   #931
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWayneP View Post
Your right, i noticed that aswell. If you look closely a the 1080p trailer you can see a bit of orange singe in there as if they were chopped off.

Unless the claws are perfectly parallel to each other (which they are not), in the still you see what you think is the middle claw facing directly toward you, therefore you would have to see more of the 1st and 3rd claws. You would notice the angle and depth no matter what. just compare it to the other hand. The angles don't work out if you think they are just facing the camera. It doesn't line up with the way his hand is laying either

They do get cut off.
Great, it's Spidey in the reflection all over again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
I think this is one of those films where we hope the film is better than the trailers have sold it as.

It could be good if the acting and tone of the movie are put together in the right way but it's hard to grasp from what we've seen?

Also when are we ever going to see bezerker wolverine again? ala X-2 mansion scene?
The fight at Magneto's encampment in the woods, and Wolverine's battle with Victor on Three Mile Island.

Old 05-21-2013, 05:36 PM   #932
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post

The fight at Magneto's encampment in the woods, and Wolverine's battle with Victor on Three Mile Island.
I don't know neither of those felt like they had the same viciousness of the mansion scene. Just the pure rage and all. I think that's still considered the premiere wolverine battle of the whole franchise so far.

Old 05-21-2013, 05:42 PM   #933
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

I really liked the look of the new trailer, I cant imagine this being worse than Origins, or X3, my personal worst of the series. Whether it is as good as the others though remains to be seen, still, I have high hopes and this trailer cemented them somewhat.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)WOWS-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)The Equalizer-7(17)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(18)47 Ronin-6(19)Monuments Men-5(20)Ride Along-5(21)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 05-21-2013, 06:26 PM   #934
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I just hope that they give an explanation as to why Logan left the X-Men since he seemed pretty content being there at the end of X3.

Old 05-21-2013, 06:44 PM   #935
Liam_H
Side-Kick

The guy is tormented by the loss of Jean and needs to "find himself".

Spill

Old 05-21-2013, 06:55 PM   #936
Sun_Down
Groovy

I liked the Jean bit, I liked Wolverine all shaggy and downtrodden, I liked the prospect of taking away his regenerative powers.

Didn't care for Silver Samurai, looked silly. The stylized martial arts could go either way.

I'm hoping they take it more serious than Origins, but I'm not holding my breath.

Old 05-21-2013, 07:09 PM   #937
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

I really hope Viper's powers have some kind of point.

Old 05-21-2013, 07:43 PM   #938
MarvelU
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland '49 View Post
I really hope Viper's powers have some kind of point.
Yeah, other than just visuals, I am interested to see what the point of her powers will be. She is immune to toxins, but the snake tongue and the shedding seem to be added to her character. She might have been been made a mutant. I wonder if she will be fighting Yukio.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:06 PM   #939
MagnarTheGreat
The Avatar

Total Film mentions that she is a teleporter. But we've otherwise not seen such a power advertised thus far.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:15 PM   #940
MarvelU
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
Total Film mentions that she is a teleporter. But we've otherwise not seen such a power advertised thus far.
Is that from a magazine article?

Old 05-21-2013, 08:19 PM   #941
MagnarTheGreat
The Avatar

Yep! Here is what it says exactly:

Quote:
Viper

Svetlana
Khodchenkova

This icy, eastern European evildoer boasts the nifty power of teleportation. "Viper doesn't really have many people that she truly cares about," explains Russian actress Khodchenkova. "Most of the them, she just uses for her own purpose."

Old 05-21-2013, 08:25 PM   #942
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I found the new trailer very underwhelming. Seriously, they need to step up their editing skills and its not gonna make people excited and rush to theaters to watch the movie!

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 05-22-2013, 12:55 AM   #943
Superhero 101
DESI

Yeah I think the one minute cinema con trailer is my favorite so far that trailer was sweet and simple

Old 05-22-2013, 01:19 AM   #944
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
I'm really looking forward to this now . Now they need to do some freeking marketing!

Old 05-22-2013, 01:42 AM   #945
TWayneP
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post

Haha, I know your one with differing opinions, but the evidence is right there in the trailer. The claws come off. It's not a poster, it's on film in the trailer. The way the angle works there's 100% no way that the claws are just perfectly facing the camera. If they were, and they were attached, then you'd be able to see the depth no matter what since they are not perfectly parallel. Da proof is in the pudding

You'll see though when the flick drops. We haven't seen wolvy go truly berserk since the mansion raid in X2, sorry but everything after that seemed pretty watered down and just too simple/mindless slashing. The fight with weapon 11 was nice, but too gimmicky.

Impaling and Pinning a soldier to a fridge while screaming in his face for 5 seconds straight. Come on now. There's a sense of viciousness and rage in that whole scene, like true anger. That's why I'm so excited for DOFP, singer really nailed the feeling of the unleashed Logan.

Hopefully mangold can capture it too, I'm pretty confident with what I've seen so far and mangolds past work, he can get some pretty serious commitment from his actors.

Old 05-22-2013, 01:47 AM   #946
TWayneP
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
I don't know neither of those felt like they had the same viciousness of the mansion scene. Just the pure rage and all. I think that's still considered the premiere wolverine battle of the whole franchise so far.
Oh geez I didn't even read your post before posting my thoughts, but it seems like you get what I mean though heh.

Old 05-22-2013, 03:42 AM   #947
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWayneP View Post
Haha, I know your one with differing opinions, but the evidence is right there in the trailer. The claws come off. It's not a poster, it's on film in the trailer. The way the angle works there's 100% no way that the claws are just perfectly facing the camera. If they were, and they were attached, then you'd be able to see the depth no matter what since they are not perfectly parallel. Da proof is in the pudding

You'll see though when the flick drops. We haven't seen wolvy go truly berserk since the mansion raid in X2, sorry but everything after that seemed pretty watered down and just too simple/mindless slashing. The fight with weapon 11 was nice, but too gimmicky.

Impaling and Pinning a soldier to a fridge while screaming in his face for 5 seconds straight. Come on now. There's a sense of viciousness and rage in that whole scene, like true anger. That's why I'm so excited for DOFP, singer really nailed the feeling of the unleashed Logan.

Hopefully mangold can capture it too, I'm pretty confident with what I've seen so far and mangolds past work, he can get some pretty serious commitment from his actors.
These theories based on overanalyzing a single frame of a movie trailer NEVER turn out to be what the theorists claim them to be, and this will be no different.

As far as the fights go - Logan's fight in the forest is literally the SAME fight as the mansion fight in X2. The only difference is the locale. It has the same slicing, dicing ,slashing, impaling, and flying off of high spaces, as the mansion scene, one is just indoors the other is outdoors. The only reason why the fights are viewed differently is because of the rabid fanboy hatred of X-Men: The Last Stand. If that same exact scene was in X-Men: First Class people would be praising it.

The Three Mile Island fight with Victor has impaling, crashing through windows, and a pure visceral animalistic nature to it. It's one of the few moments in X-Men Origins: Wolverine that is exactly what people claim they want to see from a Wolverine movie, but of course because of the movie it's in, it automatically gets discarded and proclaimed "bad".

Want proof? Just look at all the fanboy claims that there are zero redeeming qualities about X-Men 3 or X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Whether you like those movies or not (and I do, but I still see there are many issues with them), it is simply put not an objective or truthful point of view to say there are no redeeming qualities. And yet, countless hordes of rabid fanboys say exactly that about those 2 films.

Old 05-22-2013, 03:54 AM   #948
Jacky
Side-Kick

I was a bit underwhelmed, but mostly because I was hoping for a lot of new footage. This was pretty similar to the previous trailers. Which is fine, in retrospect, but my hopes were darn high.

What I liked: Woverine tethered down by ninjas, looks awesome. And I'm slooowly warming up to this Yukio. The more I see her, the cooler she looks.

What I didn't like: barely any Mariko! I agree with what others said, that she's probably not the 'selling point' of this movie.. but I really, really hope they remembered to focus on that relationship story, and not just on this new immortality/mortality arc.

About the claws-debate, to me, that screenshot just looks like he's almost fully retracted his claws. The ones on his other hand are also halfway in.

Old 05-22-2013, 04:40 AM   #949
nightwing06
Side-Kick

silver samurai looks great but im still so unsure about this flick

Old 05-22-2013, 07:09 AM   #950
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

The new trailer is kinda more of the same; hasn't changed the way I feel about the movie either way. Potentially interesting, but looking a tad too generic. Plus I thought that the Jean/Logan scenes at the start were rather on the cheesy side; I don't think I quite buy the idea of Jean being Logan's One True Love.

Closed Thread