The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Old 05-20-2013, 07:51 AM   #601
ciscostudent561
Side-Kick

Default Re: "You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

Huh? With the IG what chance do the other avengers have against Thanos anyway? They'd be flies.

maybe Iron man works with the Guardians of the galaxy and Asgardian magic to make a super super suit

but Cap? Hawk? Widow? roflz.. what are they gonna do? unless it gets really cheesy and they all get super powered flying around like a buncha Power rangers ( i like the power rangers btw) they're powerless against Thanos even without the IG.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:07 AM   #602
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Exactly

Thanos will be most likely wielding the IG in A3 which would be a threat level more than worthy of King Thor. King Thor playing a huge part in the big guy's defeat would show the general public just how powerful Thor really is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Not if Thanos has the Infinity Gauntlet lol
I'll refer you both back to my previous post.

The problem isn't to find a villain that can challenge King Thor, it's that such a villain will be on a level that the rest of the Avengers are useless. That doesn't really seem like the right thing to do in an Avengers movie (although I'd like to see it myself) since that's about the need to come together to fight something.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:56 PM   #603
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
I'll refer you both back to my previous post.

The problem isn't to find a villain that can challenge King Thor, it's that such a villain will be on a level that the rest of the Avengers are useless. That doesn't really seem like the right thing to do in an Avengers movie (although I'd like to see it myself) since that's about the need to come together to fight something.
Thor has always been the only Avenger who could stand toe to toe with Thanos. None of the other Avengers were never really able to do anything to Thanos with or without the IG.

So it would be in line with the comics, besides IM and Hulk got the biggest moments in TA. Why can't Thor have the biggest moment in the final battle in Avengers 3?

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:35 PM   #604
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Thor has always been the only Avenger who could stand toe to toe with Thanos. None of the other Avengers were never really able to do anything to Thanos with or without the IG.

So it would be in line with the comics, besides IM and Hulk got the biggest moments in TA. Why can't Thor have the biggest moment in the final battle in Avengers 3?
As I said I don't have anything against seeing King Thor myself but I just don't think that Whedon and Marvel wants to tell an Avengers story where only he is important in a fight, which would pretty much be the case.

Thor could easily have the biggest moment in any final battle in his normal form so we can hopefully see that anyway.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:09 PM   #605
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:

King Thor, sure. However, with the IG it was irrelevant, whatever attacks were landed, or weren't landed. Thanos put on a show for Lady Death.

Thor, has faired better than all the other avengers against Thanos...but the fact that he's needed a powerup once from Odin to beat him...and the fact that a psycho bloodlusted Thor who had the power gem did NOT dominate Thanos, the two are most certainly on different power levels.

If Thor doesn't become king, and inherit the odinforce, then there's no reason for him to really fair TOO much better than anyone else, especially if Thanos is..."THE" villain. However if he is king, and there was some sort of power up, then yeah, he should shine

Old 05-20-2013, 10:31 PM   #606
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

how is Thanos defeated in the comics? Would any of his comic defeats be nicely translated to the screen? I'd hate to see some type of plot device be the thing that defeats him, I'd rather like an all out assualt from an entire team of like 9 Avengers just whooping his ass haha.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
mkilban2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:21 AM   #607
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
As I said I don't have anything against seeing King Thor myself but I just don't think that Whedon and Marvel wants to tell an Avengers story where only he is important in a fight, which would pretty much be the case.

Thor could easily have the biggest moment in any final battle in his normal form so we can hopefully see that anyway.
I've always wanted to see King Thor on the big screen and I don't want the Avengers to stop that from happening. That's the drawback of the Avengers, you have to kind of limit the characters potential for the sake of the group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Thor, has faired better than all the other avengers against Thanos...but the fact that he's needed a powerup once from Odin to beat him...and the fact that a psycho bloodlusted Thor who had the power gem did NOT dominate Thanos, the two are most certainly on different power levels.

If Thor doesn't become king, and inherit the odinforce, then there's no reason for him to really fair TOO much better than anyone else, especially if Thanos is..."THE" villain. However if he is king, and there was some sort of power up, then yeah, he should shine
It's no secrect that Thanos is tougher but the fact that Thor can hold his own against him says alot. Even without the Odin Force I think Thor should still fair a bit better than the rest on the count of his wide array of powers.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 05-21-2013, 08:29 AM   #608
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

You have to keep in mind for YEARS Thor had been holding back on EVERYONE mortal for fear of killing them. (even during the JLA/Avengers)

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:49 AM   #609
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Maybe in Avengers 3, Cap, Widow, and Hawkeye's mission will involve getting a newly kinged Thor-- the only one who can defeat Thanos-- back to earth after all other means of travel have been destroyed/disabled.....?

That way Cap and the low power Avengers have an important part of the mission AND Thor gets to show up at the end and run s**t

He could even use the "We would have words with thee" line on ole Big Purple

Last edited by BoredGuy; 05-21-2013 at 09:52 AM.
BoredGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:10 PM   #610
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
how is Thanos defeated in the comics? Would any of his comic defeats be nicely translated to the screen? I'd hate to see some type of plot device be the thing that defeats him, I'd rather like an all out assualt from an entire team of like 9 Avengers just whooping his ass haha.
nah, that shouldn't happen. Not to Thanos. How much do you know about him? idk how they would do it, there would have to be SOME type of plot device, having 9 avengers just beat up Thanos would sort of be...I don't know how to put it. And if he has the IG...NO...9 avengers aren't going to even to phase him. When he had the IG, he essentially had full control over the universe.. but Thanos has NEVER been physically defeated in a battle, he's been on the "loosing end" of some fights, but he's never really been defeated (we don't count bendis' avengers run recently). He fought Odin (clearly was loosing) for 13 pages, and still stood up after, ready for more...someone THAT durable, even translated in the movies shouldn't get his "ass kicked by 9 avengers", even in the movies

he's tough, but his durability is his biggest asset aside from his mind, I will be disappointed if his defeat is him getting beat down by like 9 avengers..it shouldn't happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
You have to keep in mind for YEARS Thor had been holding back on EVERYONE mortal for fear of killing them. (even during the JLA/Avengers)
yeah I know, but I mean...come on lol. I always a thor guy first and formost, but I try not to be bias, thor, even cutting loose isn't in Thanos' league. We've seen Thor NOT holding back, WITH the power gem, and Thanos went toe to toe with him, without a problem, smiled at his blows, and even started to gain an upper hand in that fight at one point.

Thanos has killed the silver surfer in like 7 blows

Old 05-21-2013, 12:51 PM   #611
ctsketch
Side-Kick

He was even barely defeated by Odin

ctsketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:36 PM   #612
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
nah, that shouldn't happen. Not to Thanos. How much do you know about him? idk how they would do it, there would have to be SOME type of plot device, having 9 avengers just beat up Thanos would sort of be...I don't know how to put it. And if he has the IG...NO...9 avengers aren't going to even to phase him. When he had the IG, he essentially had full control over the universe.. but Thanos has NEVER been physically defeated in a battle, he's been on the "loosing end" of some fights, but he's never really been defeated (we don't count bendis' avengers run recently). He fought Odin (clearly was loosing) for 13 pages, and still stood up after, ready for more...someone THAT durable, even translated in the movies shouldn't get his "ass kicked by 9 avengers", even in the movies

he's tough, but his durability is his biggest asset aside from his mind, I will be disappointed if his defeat is him getting beat down by like 9 avengers..it shouldn't happen.

So... how do we think he'll lose in Avengers 3 then? lol. I know nothing about the character but what you're describing basically is saying "he's going to roll thru the avengers and anything else in his way and rule the universe... *roll credits* " haha now that would be something different in a movie!

My suggestion was just since no one can single handedly defeat him it would be cool to see a 5 minute montage (similar to the battle scene in Avengers 1) where everyone is at their peak strength all doing different things to weaken Thanos and working as a true team to stop him, not just like opening a portal and throwing him through it to the negative zone or something along those lines ya know?

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
Old 05-21-2013, 05:04 PM   #613
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

My only gripes is that I wish we could have gotten a film or a scenario where Thor was allowed to be better established to humans as a hero on Earth as well; have him make his own rogues gallery from Earth and see him rescue people from natural disasters, etc.

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:49 PM   #614
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
He was even barely defeated by Odin
Nah Odin had the upperhand the entire fight, all Thanos did was survive basically he didn't even land a single attack.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 05-21-2013, 09:57 PM   #615
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Eh, he landed attacks, they just didn't really do anything much to Odin. Odin is the point at which Thanos goes from dominating powerhouse to underdog. He can fight Odin for a fair lengthy period and survive, with prep he can even seriously inconvenience Odin. . . but he has no real chance to *win*.

( as opposed to, by contrast, Thanos vs Galactus, where Thanos is noted as really powerful in that he can actually make Galactus notice, and get hit once without dying. Then Thanos starts desperately begging for mercy. )

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:20 PM   #616
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
So... how do we think he'll lose in Avengers 3 then? lol. I know nothing about the character but what you're describing basically is saying "he's going to roll thru the avengers and anything else in his way and rule the universe... *roll credits* " haha now that would be something different in a movie!

My suggestion was just since no one can single handedly defeat him it would be cool to see a 5 minute montage (similar to the battle scene in Avengers 1) where everyone is at their peak strength all doing different things to weaken Thanos and working as a true team to stop him, not just like opening a portal and throwing him through it to the negative zone or something along those lines ya know?
Something "magic" or "science" related...there will be some planning I am sure. He is not a foe who should be defeated by physical means. In terms of mano e mano...powers vs powers, fist vs fist, he shouldn't be defeated that way, ESPECIALLY if he has the IG. It would have to be something on like the astral side or mental side or like adam warlock is able to get them into his subconscious..or something. But I don't think he should be defeated in a strait up "fight"..too powerful

Quote:
Nah Odin had the upperhand the entire fight, all Thanos did was survive basically he didn't even land a single attack.
Eh. Odin only got the upperhand when he summoned the spear, before that...thanos tanked a blast from Odin, Odin tanked a blast from thanos, then he tanked one from thanos and surfer...thanos punched odin, odin slaps him, staggering thanos...thanos' efforts are futile, odin summons the spear, then starts to knock him around twice, the second time, he slowly got up, and charged up his energies as if to fight more.

He was going to loose in probably another 2 or 3 pages. For sure.

Essentially i saw it as Thanos had the durability to hang with odin, but he didn't have the output to harm Odin...which in turn suggests that Odin and Thanos are in different leagues.

I thought it was a good showing for thanos, that's my all time favorite comic book fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Eh, he landed attacks, they just didn't really do anything much to Odin. Odin is the point at which Thanos goes from dominating powerhouse to underdog. He can fight Odin for a fair lengthy period and survive, with prep he can even seriously inconvenience Odin. . . but he has no real chance to *win*.

( as opposed to, by contrast, Thanos vs Galactus, where Thanos is noted as really powerful in that he can actually make Galactus notice, and get hit once without dying. Then Thanos starts desperately begging for mercy. )
this....he's just really really durable. In terms of power, he certainly is way above any heralds, however lower than odin and such..it's his mind, and durability as to why he's such...a threat.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:51 PM   #617
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Something "magic" or "science" related...there will be some planning I am sure. He is not a foe who should be defeated by physical means. In terms of mano e mano...powers vs powers, fist vs fist, he shouldn't be defeated that way, ESPECIALLY if he has the IG. It would have to be something on like the astral side or mental side or like adam warlock is able to get them into his subconscious..or something. But I don't think he should be defeated in a strait up "fight"..too powerful

So.. any guesses as to who or what will be that astral/magic/science type thing? Probably too soon to tell anyways, just curious on the topic.

Old 05-22-2013, 03:17 AM   #618
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:

yeah I know, but I mean...come on lol. I always a thor guy first and formost, but I try not to be bias, thor, even cutting loose isn't in Thanos' league. We've seen Thor NOT holding back, WITH the power gem, and Thanos went toe to toe with him, without a problem, smiled at his blows, and even started to gain an upper hand in that fight at one point.

Thanos has killed the silver surfer in like 7 blows
Well there WAS the Warriors madness where he wasn't holding back. lol

It's just that I'm sure now he'll have to think of a reaction from a battle too. Look at Cap's shield being struck by Mjolnir for example. Thor might not know What would happen if he destroys Thanos' "shell"

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 05-22-2013, 08:18 AM   #619
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:

What about that story where Thanos dropped a freaking moon on Galactus to the point where he was too weak and needed to feed?

ctsketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:19 PM   #620
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
What about that story where Thanos dropped a freaking moon on Galactus to the point where he was too weak and needed to feed?
Are you sure your not confusing it with the time he killed a Galactus clone he made? Regardless, you answered your own question: hungry Galactus. If hungry enough, Galactus can get driven off by Thor, let alone Thanos.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:19 PM   #621
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
So.. any guesses as to who or what will be that astral/magic/science type thing? Probably too soon to tell anyways, just curious on the topic.
I really don't know. He basically won in infinity gauntlet. He took on the entire marvel universe..hulk thor wolvering cap, just about everyone you could think of, along with surfer, and galactus, and all the abstracts, including eternity, who he defeated as well...he lost because adam warlock is connected to the soul gem, and he told him that he looked into thanos' being, and asked him why, cause thanos somehow subconsciously knows he's not worthy of this power, and sorrt of leaves openings for his defeat, he creates his own defeat.

so maybe they could do some type of, battle in thanos' head, and if they defeat whatever it is, they can somehow talk to, or reroute thanos' subsconcious or something...idk lol

Quote:
Are you sure your not confusing it with the time he killed a Galactus clone he made? Regardless, you answered your own question: hungry Galactus. If hungry enough, Galactus can get driven off by Thor, let alone Thanos.
galactus is like a joke sometimes, it kinda sucks

Old 05-22-2013, 02:30 PM   #622
BoredGuy
Killing Time

only a matter of time till Galactus eats Ego and becomes some sorta...I dunno... Super-lactus

Old 05-24-2013, 12:04 AM   #623
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
All I remember is Thanos grabbing Odin's spear and encasing him in that crystal substance only for Odin to breakout.

Quote:
Eh. Odin only got the upperhand when he summoned the spear, before that...thanos tanked a blast from Odin, Odin tanked a blast from thanos, then he tanked one from thanos and surfer...thanos punched odin, odin slaps him, staggering thanos...thanos' efforts are futile, odin summons the spear, then starts to knock him around twice, the second time, he slowly got up, and charged up his energies as if to fight more.
Hmm I don't remember seeing Thanos "punch" Odin, can you post a scan for me? Oh and I'm pretty sure the fight would've went the same with or without Odin using the spear.

The spear itself doesn't have any power, it's just a tool Odin uses to channel his power from time to time.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 05-26-2013, 02:47 PM   #624
Lady Marion
Anyone else?

Found a better scan of the Empire photo, that SimiofDoom posted yesterday

Like!

Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase 2

IRON MAN 3 / THOR – THE DARK WORLD / CAPTAIN AMERICA – THE WINTER SOLDIER / GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY/ AVENGERS – AGE OF ULTRON
Lady Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:33 AM   #625
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

MAN that looks so COOL! Hope the Big G and Freshman can find a Hi-Res.
I miss RIM. Is he still on the site?

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011