The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 08:16 PM   #751
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 14

I want a TDKR quality transfer of TDK.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 05-21-2013, 08:16 PM   #752
ThePhantasm
BADASS!

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 14

I agree with Shikamaru, I'd like to see a creative way to give Bats "white eyes" in live action. The lenses in TDK were a step in the right direction, but too bulbous and curved in my opinion.

Wonder Gal | Cav-El | Batfleck | #TrustSnyder
Old 05-21-2013, 08:18 PM   #753
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

I don't mind lens-less eyes. I enjoy seeing an actor emote under the burden of the cowl.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:24 PM   #754
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

I'd rather no lenses besides maybe some specialized lenses that he uses at various points in the film. Otherwise, the eyes are my preference, even in comics.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:30 PM   #755
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

I prefer the lenses in the comics, but simply because art can be subtly morphed to give those eyes various ranges of emotion without any need of them. Live action sadly isn't mutable like that.

Spider-man and Iron Man are the worst offenders. Both in the comics and cartoons their eyes made of steel and fabric can move like real eyes and brows to convey emotion. Iron Man has found a nice solution in live action, Spidey hasn't, which is why they always have to contrive a reason to show of the face of the actor.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:35 PM   #756
Kane52630
Deadcruiser

Yeah it just doesn't translate well to live action because you can't manipulate it to show his emotions but I would love to see it. Maybe it could be possible for a Batman Beyond adaption?

Old 05-21-2013, 08:40 PM   #757
Travesty
Feelin it in my bones!

I wasn't a fan of the lenses in TDK. It made him look like a bug or a weird alien.

"Eh ohs, I put on a smiley face mask and stuff. That ways, I can see faces"

-Robin John Blake
Old 05-21-2013, 08:41 PM   #758
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Yea, they were way too big. They should've been leaner by being closer to the proportions of his eye holes.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:45 PM   #759
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham's Knight View Post
Didn't work out, my player blanks out the screen when I take a screenshot.
Oh well. At least you made the effort.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:45 PM   #760
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

It's not as simple as photoshopping the white eyes on the cowls we've had so far. There needs to be a cowl made with the specific intention of having the white eyes work, which wasn't the case for all the suits we've had up till now.

Another way to do it is to add a bit of CGI to the mask. You could also have use them occassionally when he is doing detective work and similar stuff as opposed to him having them there all the time, kinda like in the Arkham games. Another possibility is to has transparent lens in which you can see his eyes through whenever the lighting is good only for those lenses to appear as white eyes while he is hiding in the dark.

I've heard a lot of people say that the actor that played Dredd did a good job with showing emotions despite his eyes being covered the whole time. I still haven't seen Dredd so I wouldn't know.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:58 PM   #761
Kane52630
Deadcruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
I've heard a lot of people say that the actor that played Dredd did a good job with showing emotions despite his eyes being covered the whole time. I still haven't seen Dredd so I wouldn't know.
This is true and yeah check it out, it's a damn good film.

Old 05-21-2013, 09:42 PM   #762
batfreakforever
A real fan

yeah I hope the bluray ultimate box set this year comes with a new TDR transfer.

Old 05-21-2013, 09:51 PM   #763
NolanDCU
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by batfreakforever View Post
yeah I hope the bluray ultimate box set this year comes with a new TDR transfer.
Is it confirmed that a new ultimate BLU RAY box set is coming out?

Old 05-21-2013, 10:34 PM   #764
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanDCU View Post
Yeah, it's set to be released during the third quarter of this year.

Here's hoping it delivers.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:34 PM   #765
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanDCU View Post
No, it's on VHS.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
It was confirmed in a sheet a while back confirming an extended Hobbit in Q4.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:36 PM   #766
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham's Knight View Post
No, it's on VHS.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:40 PM   #767
ThePhantasm
BADASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Yeah it just doesn't translate well to live action because you can't manipulate it to show his emotions but I would love to see it. Maybe it could be possible for a Batman Beyond adaption?

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Those also look bad because they are eye-shaped, rather than angular like Iron Man's lenses, or like BTAS.

Old 05-22-2013, 01:11 AM   #768
Anno_Domini
Banned User

I wish Batman had kept those lenses for TDKR.

Old 05-22-2013, 01:32 AM   #769
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Today was the hottest day of the year so far here on the northeast. I decided to pop in the TDKR soundtrack in the car. Let me tell you, driving on a scorching hot day with the windows rolled down and "Imagine the Fire" blasting really brought me back to all the emotions I was feeling last summer, both before and after the release of the film. It was nice to be reminded of the passion that I had (and still do) for this franchise, as it's easy to get jaded when you've seen the films tons of times and spend a lot of your time debating them and reading people's criticisms of them.

I'll truly miss the hype. Man of Steel is easily my most anticipated film of 2013 but if I'm being honest, it doesn't hold a candle to my hype for TDK and TDKR. No matter how great it is, it just comes down to me being more of a Batman fan. I can't recreate the same enthusiasm for every big franchise film, and Nolan's Bat-films just had a very, very special place in my heart and they definitely have left a void. I've got a wedding to go to the weekend MOS comes out and I probably won't even get to see it opening weekend. Whereas with TDKR, I missed a rehearsal dinner for a wedding just to make sure I caught the midnight show. And people actually understood, because they all know how big a Batman fan I am.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not hating on MOS. It looks freakin' spectacular and stands a chance to be a quite special film. Just, Batman>Superman is all, in general. If I can't say that here, where can I say it?!

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158

Last edited by BatLobsterRises; 05-22-2013 at 01:37 AM.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:35 AM   #770
ThePhantasm
BADASS!

I dunno, man. I'm more of a Batman than Superman fan, but I am SO excited for MOS right now. Seriously cannot wait.

Old 05-22-2013, 01:40 AM   #771
georgec
Not a hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
Today was the hottest day of the year so far here on the northeast. I decided to pop in the TDKR soundtrack in the car. Let me tell you, driving on a scorching hot day with the windows rolled down and "Imagine the Fire" blasting really brought me back to all the emotions I was feeling last summer, both before and after the release of the film. It was nice to be reminded of the passion that I had (and still do) for this franchise, as it's easy to get jaded when you've seen the films tons of times and spend a lot of your time debating them and reading people's criticisms of them.

I'll truly miss the hype. Man of Steel is easily my most anticipated film of 2013 but if I'm being honest, it doesn't hold a candle to my hype for TDK and TDKR. No matter how great it is, it just comes down to me being more of a Batman fan. I can't recreate the same enthusiasm for every big franchise film, and Nolan's Bat-films just had a very, very special place in my heart and they definitely have left a void. I've got a wedding to go to the weekend MOS comes out and I probably won't even get to see it opening weekend. Whereas with TDKR, I missed a rehearsal dinner for a wedding just to make sure I caught the midnight show. And people actually understood, because they all know how big a Batman fan I am.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not hating on MOS. It looks freakin' spectacular and stands a chance to be a quite special film. Just, Batman>Superman is all, in general. If I can't say that here, where can I say it?!
I don't think I've ever been as hyped up for film than I was for TDKR. I know what you mean.

That said I'm very excited for MoS. With every new clip, teaser, commercial, picture, etc. that I see I become more and more intrigued. I'm not nearly as into Superman as I am into Batman, but MoS just looks incredible.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:42 AM   #772
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
I dunno, man. I'm more of a Batman than Superman fan, but I am SO excited for MOS right now. Seriously cannot wait.
That's the thing, I really am excited too. I think it just hasn't hit me fully yet. I even did a recreation of the trailer music (found in my sig), so I'm totally on board with it. I'll probably get giddy on opening night. And the film might just blow me away.

It's just...something about the prospect of a Batman film does something to me that nothing else can. But it's still great to finally see WB/DC creating a similar sense of excitement for something that's not Batman. The big blue boyscout is due for his moment in the sun.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 05-22-2013, 01:45 AM   #773
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

TDKR was the most hyped I've ever been for a film. I doubt anything will come close. MOS though, definitely second. Every frame of that film is gorgeous. Even if it's horrible (I highly doubt it), I might buy the Blu Ray just to shut the volume off and look at the visuals.

Old 05-22-2013, 01:52 AM   #774
georgec
Not a hero

In case anyone was wondering what Bruce is doing in his retirement:

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:52 AM   #775
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhite View Post
I can't find a picture of it, but there was a scene in BB, when Batman is in the apartment, and when Crane and his men enter he ducks down and then rises up slowly. I'm pretty sure there was some form of a shadow silhouette.
Oh, I know exactly what you're talking about. Just before he proceeds to knock that guy out in the bathroom.

Cracked.com's Bat Battle: http://www.cracked.com/article_15029...ie-batman.html
Closed Thread