The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 12:17 PM   #351
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Still two months away lol
yup two months, at least we will get info for Cap 2 footage or any future marvel movies along with probably the second thor trailer.

Old 05-22-2013, 12:22 PM   #352
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Par

Sorry, I have been mostly on the Iron Man boards for the last couple months, but have we gotten any confirmation or thoughts on who the young kid might be at the beginning of the trailer (flipping the floating truck), or is it still very much a mystery?

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 05-22-2013, 12:30 PM   #353
Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Not on CATWS, TA2, Agents of SHIELD or even GOTG. It's like TDW just went on hiatus.

Even this board is eerily quiet. Whatever happened to the regulars, like elizah72 and AmericanMaid? They were all over this board, and then vanished. They weren't even around for the trailer's release.
Yeah, it seems like we are getting a nice flow of Marvel news like practically all the time now, when one stops another one fills in for it. So, right now maybe we are getting very little to no Thor The Dark World news, but as you stated we have been getting quite a bit on Captain America the Winter Soldier, The Avengers 2, Agents of Shield and Guardians of the Galaxy. So, with that kind of news coming our way practically daily I feel pretty satisfied all the time. So, no complaints here.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 05-22-2013, 12:50 PM   #354
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
Sorry, I have been mostly on the Iron Man boards for the last couple months, but have we gotten any confirmation or thoughts on who the young kid might be at the beginning of the trailer (flipping the floating truck), or is it still very much a mystery?

Surfer
We don't know but I don't see it being anything other than three random kids that happen to come onto something supernatural.

Old 05-22-2013, 01:42 PM   #355
Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
We don't know but I don't see it being anything other than three random kids that happen to come onto something supernatural.
Maybe, but in the first shot of the kid walking up to the truck (to me) it appears that the headlights are at about at his hip level (but I suppose it could be only the angle of the shot making it seem that way) and the truck does not appear to be moving. Then in the 2nd shot we see him removing his hand from the trucks bumper and that the headlights are at about his chest height with the top of the bumper below the lights at about his lower waist, with still no movement. Then in the third shot it appears that the top of the Bumper is more at his upper waist and maybe even chest, and while we cannot see the headlights by relationship to the previous shots one would assume that they are at his shoulders and neck area. So, while I do not see physical movement in the vehicle until the last shot, the relationship to the height of the vehicle to the character seem to suggest that it is raising up in the 2nd and 3rd shots from where it started in the first. So, basically from what it appears like to me we have the headlights at his hip level on the first shot, the headlights at his chest on the 2nd shot and the headlights at his shoulders and neck on the 3rd shot (before the vehicle starts spinning). But who knows it is probably just the camera angles playing tricks on me.

Surfer

Old 05-22-2013, 02:32 PM   #356
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

The truck is moving in the first shot. It's moving slowly but it's visible when you compare it to stationary points in the background.

My take is that three kids find a truck floating in the air in an abandoned building. One kid goes up to it and pushes it, making it spin but stay in the same space. Why the truck is floating in the air is impossible to say for certain though. I'd guess that it has something to do with the arrival of Malekith, but we'll see. We see cargo containers and what could be the same truck outside, in weird positions, when Thor takes Jane to Asgard.

Old 05-22-2013, 05:29 PM   #357
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Maybe, but in the first shot of the kid walking up to the truck (to me) it appears that the headlights are at about at his hip level (but I suppose it could be only the angle of the shot making it seem that way) and the truck does not appear to be moving. Then in the 2nd shot we see him removing his hand from the trucks bumper and that the headlights are at about his chest height with the top of the bumper below the lights at about his lower waist, with still no movement. Then in the third shot it appears that the top of the Bumper is more at his upper waist and maybe even chest, and while we cannot see the headlights by relationship to the previous shots one would assume that they are at his shoulders and neck area. So, while I do not see physical movement in the vehicle until the last shot, the relationship to the height of the vehicle to the character seem to suggest that it is raising up in the 2nd and 3rd shots from where it started in the first. So, basically from what it appears like to me we have the headlights at his hip level on the first shot, the headlights at his chest on the 2nd shot and the headlights at his shoulders and neck on the 3rd shot (before the vehicle starts spinning). But who knows it is probably just the camera angles playing tricks on me.

Surfer
I think the kid moved it just by touching it. Physics are probably weird due to malekith, the truck probably starts to float, then the kid touches it, maybe gently pushes it, since the truck wouldn't be weighed down by gravity, it's mass is what's relevant, right? Cause weight is the force of gravity on an object? If it's defying gravity and just floating there, a little touch or gentle push would be more than enough to just cause it to rotate, or lift up. That's what is happening in that shot

Old 05-23-2013, 03:26 AM   #358
divan
Side-Kick

Ray Stevenson talks a bit about Thor: The Dark World (second part):

Quote:
Isaac Sirko was a gay Ukrainian gangster who sacrificed his life for the man he loved. In the seventh season of “Dexter,” actor Ray Stevenson portrayed the mobster, in a role he called “not just being the villain of the week.”
“I didn’t try to lionize it or make it grandiose,” Stevenson said. “I think love is love and Isaac had a full deep meaningful relationship but he still had the propensity to be a stone cold killer.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Stevenson said he borrowed some of that “tough alpha man” that defined Isaac to reprise his role as the warrior Volstagg in “Thor: The Dark World,” the sequel to the 2011 Marvel Entertainment film.
The film was shot on location outside London. Stevenson chatted with Speakeasy about his character, the health of Asgard, and who Thor, the God of Thunder, played by Chris Hemsworth, really is.

Speakeasy: Has Asgard lost its luster in “Thor: The Dark World”?

Ray Stevenson:
In the first “Thor” Asgard had this tremendous peace among the 9 realms. They were riding at the heights. Everything is working and looking as it should be. In this one, the realms are being whipped up into various rebellions. There is a darker malignant force out there and we are in the process of engaging in long protracted skirmishes and battles. The luster and shine of the city has been taken off and it all leads to a huge assault, an attack at the heart of Asgard. It could be completely wiped out, the stakes are a lot higher.

And what do we see of Volstagg?

He’s great on a battlefield. He is one of the warriors three and doing what they do, their time is spent fighting on many different fronts. They’re not always fighting together. Volstagg is struggling, he has a brood, they are fighting for hearth and home as much as for the idea of Asgard itself. That’s where he has trouble.

What do you mean?

He’s all too aware of how potentially threatening this new enemy is on both the home front and the battlefield.

But Thor has risen to the occasion, no?

Thor himself is now. Now is the time to rise up and assume of the mantle of king.

There seemed to be disconnect between the cast this time around. You didn’t spend much time together.

When we were shooting the original, we were real close. There was collectiveness amongst cast and crew. We spend more time together. In the second one, because the nature of the plot itself, the people involved were displaced and fractured. I saw Stellan [Skarsgard] one day before shooting and I never saw him again.

Do you think that effects how the film plays?

This is what’s going on now and this is the way things are working. I was tremendously part of this and I’m thrilled about it but I haven’t seen the film so I don’t know.

Old 05-23-2013, 04:00 AM   #359
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

Thanks for bringing that over. This movie can't get here quick enough. I'm really curious about what happens to Odin to make Thor have to take charge. It could be grief, injury or just a basic difference of opinion, but it'll be great to see Thor stepping up and really having to pull out all the stops to save Asgard.

Old 05-23-2013, 08:32 AM   #360
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I think the kid moved it just by touching it. Physics are probably weird due to malekith, the truck probably starts to float, then the kid touches it, maybe gently pushes it, since the truck wouldn't be weighed down by gravity, it's mass is what's relevant, right? Cause weight is the force of gravity on an object? If it's defying gravity and just floating there, a little touch or gentle push would be more than enough to just cause it to rotate, or lift up. That's what is happening in that shot
That's probably the case, yeah.
But it still doesn't explain the initial setting. It's still weird as hell for (a) an old cement mixer to be parked in the center of an otherwise empty abandoned train station; (b) big-ass cargo containers to get stacked like LEGO blocks; (c) three random kids to wander into an otherwise abandoned train station for no apparent reason; (d) three random kids to treat a cement mixer floating in mid-air the same way they would a sculpture in a museum; and (e) the director to want us to care --- or worse, *not* care --- about these totally random kids in a totally random scene.

I don't think there's anything remotely random about these kids, or the setting, or what's going on there. This is borne out by the fact that the trailer starts off with them, and spends a comparatively great deal of trailer time focusing on them and this incident (as opposed to brief snippets of random college students, bobbies, and townsfolk reacting to the arrival and presumed assault of Malekith's earthship or whatever in London).

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 05-23-2013, 11:41 AM   #361
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
But it still doesn't explain the initial setting. It's still weird as hell for (a) an old cement mixer to be parked in the center of an otherwise empty abandoned train station; (b) big-ass cargo containers to get stacked like LEGO blocks; (c) three random kids to wander into an otherwise abandoned train station for no apparent reason; (d) three random kids to treat a cement mixer floating in mid-air the same way they would a sculpture in a museum; and (e) the director to want us to care --- or worse, *not* care --- about these totally random kids in a totally random scene.

I don't think there's anything remotely random about these kids, or the setting, or what's going on there. This is borne out by the fact that the trailer starts off with them, and spends a comparatively great deal of trailer time focusing on them and this incident (as opposed to brief snippets of random college students, bobbies, and townsfolk reacting to the arrival and presumed assault of Malekith's earthship or whatever in London).
The kids didn't get a "great deal of time" spent on them. They get less than 8 seconds face time.

That little shot is just showing the affects of physics on Earth as the "The Darkness" has shown up, ala Odin's commentary .... and those youngsters are just besides themselves as to what is going on. We also get to see anti-gravity when Jane is being held up in the air by Malekith and when his ship arrives.

It's not the Runaways man, I know you've suggested that quite a few times.

Last edited by Rock Sexton; 05-23-2013 at 11:48 AM.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:20 PM   #362
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

Quote:
But it still doesn't explain the initial setting. It's still weird as hell for (a) an old cement mixer to be parked in the center of an otherwise empty abandoned train station; (b) big-ass cargo containers to get stacked like LEGO blocks; (c) three random kids to wander into an otherwise abandoned train station for no apparent reason;
Is it a train station though or just a big old warehouse in what is an industrial area?

Old 05-23-2013, 12:48 PM   #363
Surfer

Quote:
The truck is moving in the first shot. It's moving slowly but it's visible when you compare it to stationary points in the background.

My take is that three kids find a truck floating in the air in an abandoned building. One kid goes up to it and pushes it, making it spin but stay in the same space. Why the truck is floating in the air is impossible to say for certain though. I'd guess that it has something to do with the arrival of Malekith, but we'll see. We see cargo containers and what could be the same truck outside, in weird positions, when Thor takes Jane to Asgard.
To me it didn't look like the truck was moving in the first shot, just that the camera moved ever so slightly to follow the character into the picture is how I interpreted the movement, but maybe I need to get my eyes checked and I will take your word on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Sounds plausable from a physical stand point that this could be what is happening, but I agree with cherokeesam's comment below that there might be more to them putting these kids in this odd location exactly at the time this event happens. I mean sure it could be coincidence that they are at the right place at the right time, but it might not be also. Hard to say.

Quote:

Surfer

Old 05-23-2013, 01:12 PM   #364
Surfer

Quote:

Yeah, I just watched it again and your right that Truck looks just like the same one that the kid was flipping inside. Thanks for pointing that out to me I didn't catch it during the several previous times I watched the trailer. So, then the question becomes is it the same truck or just another very similar truck from the same company. I would be leaning towards the same truck, but then the question becomes how did it get outside. Did the kid move it while this strange event was happening? To me that would seem unlikely, despite him being more curious then afraid in the video, I still think that once that initial curiousity wears off he would probably freak out and take off (if he is not controlling it). Now if he was controlling it then to me the not being afraid part makes more sense and the idea that he would stick around long enough to show off to his friends and perhaps even move the vehicle from inside to outside makes more sense. However, it doesn't necessarilly explain the cargo containers having similar things happen, unless he was showing off even more by flipping those around to his friends, but I must say the fact that the cargo containers are all flipped around makes me think it is more of an event related situation. So, really what I am saying is I have no clue. Lol

On a side note the two container's stacked together in the one shot of Thor meeting Jane looks like Mjolnir. I wonder if that was intentional.

Surfer

Old 05-23-2013, 01:34 PM   #365
ctsketch
Side-Kick

I feel like an adult is more likely to freak out than a child. kids are always curious

Old 05-23-2013, 04:44 PM   #366
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
To me it didn't look like the truck was moving in the first shot, just that the camera moved ever so slightly to follow the character into the picture is how I interpreted the movement, but maybe I need to get my eyes checked and I will take your word on it.
Yes, the slight camera movement masks the movement of the truck pretty well, but I feel certain that the truck is moving. I could be wrong but I don't think so as I went back and checked my downloaded 1080p copy before posting. We'll see in time I guess.

Quote:
Yeah, I just watched it again and your right that Truck looks just like the same one that the kid was flipping inside. Thanks for pointing that out to me I didn't catch it during the several previous times I watched the trailer. So, then the question becomes is it the same truck or just another very similar truck from the same company. I would be leaning towards the same truck, but then the question becomes how did it get outside. Did the kid move it while this strange event was happening? To me that would seem unlikely, despite him being more curious then afraid in the video, I still think that once that initial curiousity wears off he would probably freak out and take off (if he is not controlling it). Now if he was controlling it then to me the not being afraid part makes more sense and the idea that he would stick around long enough to show off to his friends and perhaps even move the vehicle from inside to outside makes more sense. However, it doesn't necessarilly explain the cargo containers having similar things happen, unless he was showing off even more by flipping those around to his friends, but I must say the fact that the cargo containers are all flipped around makes me think it is more of an event related situation. So, really what I am saying is I have no clue. Lol

On a side note the two container's stacked together in the one shot of Thor meeting Jane looks like Mjolnir. I wonder if that was intentional.

Surfer
Yes, it's hard to know. My only guess is that maybe metal objects get affected by something, perhaps an arrival as the objects seem placed in a circle outside. It might be that it starts with just some gravitational anomalies and as it really happens things are drawn to that spot outside.

So what I'm saying is I don't know either.

That stack reminds me more of a Stonehenge sort of thing but who knows, it might be a symbolic hammer. In any case it's too neatly stacked to just have landed like that by pure accident.

Old 05-23-2013, 05:53 PM   #367
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

hahaha couldn't help myself!! There's a Kryptonian House Glyph maker

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 05-23-2013, 07:58 PM   #368
ladyloki
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by divan View Post
Ray Stevenson talks a bit about Thor: The Dark World (second part):
thanks for that .. loved the warriors three in the first movie Cant wait to see more of them

Loki: How desprate are you ? ... and you call on such lost creatures to defend you .

Nick Fury : You have made me very desperate

BAD ASS !!!
Old 05-23-2013, 10:22 PM   #369
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

Very happy to hear Stevenson mention Volstagg's "brood." I hope we get to see a bit of him as the loving father this time.

Old 05-24-2013, 01:14 AM   #370
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

That part in the Ray Stevenson interview about Thor assuming the mantle of the throne is very interesting. I wonder if we'll see Thor wielding the Odin Force, I hope it's not Thor being king only in "title" like Loki in "Thor".

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 05-24-2013, 09:16 AM   #371
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Yeah, I'm REALLY hoping we see a version of Rune Thor at some point like at the end of Thor 3.
MAN lol I need to see MORE Thor!!!!

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 05-24-2013, 01:07 PM   #372
OstrichsRevenge
Side-Kick

Hello all! I'm new to the forum Big fan of all things Marvel!

The "Thor" movies and comic book storyline have intrigued my recently and I can't wait for Thor 2.

So, with that being said, do any of you think Sutur will make an appearance in the movie?
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
It could be the way they "kill" Odin, if that is indeed the "major" character that is rumored to die

Old 05-24-2013, 02:08 PM   #373
fixxxer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OstrichsRevenge View Post
Hello all! I'm new to the forum Big fan of all things Marvel!

The "Thor" movies and comic book storyline have intrigued my recently and I can't wait for Thor 2.

So, with that being said, do any of you think Sutur will make an appearance in the movie?
It could be the way they "kill" Odin, if that is indeed the "major" character that is rumored to die
Welcome to the boards, OR.

I don't think we'll actually see Sutur in this one, but I think Malekith's goal just might be to unleash Sutur on an unsuspecting Asgard... and the rest of the realms. I'm thinking 'twill be Thor 3 that proves to be quite, um, Sutur-centric.

Also...
I remember reading somewhere that it might be Thor's mum that was going to get the 'exit stage left' treatment. Again, I'm not sure they send Odin on his way just yet.

Old 05-24-2013, 02:52 PM   #374
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Yeah, I'm REALLY hoping we see a version of Rune Thor at some point like at the end of Thor 3.
MAN lol I need to see MORE Thor!!!!
Rune Thor is awesome he's a cosmic entity level being, I'd love to see him at some point in this franchise.

However I'd be satisfied with King Thor to be honest, I want all Thor's struggles and lessons to pay off in Thor 3.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 05-24-2013, 03:42 PM   #375
OstrichsRevenge
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer View Post
Welcome to the boards, OR.

I don't think we'll actually see Sutur in this one, but I think Malekith's goal just might be to unleash Sutur on an unsuspecting Asgard... and the rest of the realms. I'm thinking 'twill be Thor 3 that proves to be quite, um, Sutur-centric.

Also...
I remember reading somewhere that it might be Thor's mum that was going to get the 'exit stage left' treatment. Again, I'm not sure they send Odin on his way just yet.
Whatever "redemption" Loki might find in Thor 2, if they bring in Sutur in Thor 3, he would kind of have to go over to the dark side (heh) again in order to cut the deal with Sutur that he does in the comic books. That would be fun!

I read, too, that the mom will die. Leave it to the stuntmen to spill the beans haha. That being said, there are the rumors of a major character being killed off and unless they expand Frigga's role in Thor 2, she wouldn't really be considered a major character, no? With Odin out of the way, that would leave Thor to become king in Thor 3 (finally). That, and I heard Anthony Hopkins doesn't want to do any more Thor movies

Closed Thread