The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 11:44 PM   #601
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 2

Don't think I like the idea of T'Chaka dying in TA2, honestly. I think it's best saved for a solo Panther movie.

But if it happens, it happens. Just include him in the damn movie.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:51 PM   #602
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

I don't think they'd go full-on Black Panther in TA2. If the setting turns at least partially to Wakanda, they'd pretty much *have* to give him a cameo, but he doesn't necessarily have to join the Avengers at this point. Maybe have him be a guide/associate of the Avengers in a battle to save Wakanda from Whomever, have the Avengers offer him a spot at the end of the movie, and have him graciously decline, as he has pressing matters of state still to attend to. Cut to BP solo movie in 2016 (or whenever), doing his own thing in Wakanda, but ending with a post-cred that points back to the Avengers, with him officially signing up in TA3 and joining the larger world.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 05-21-2013, 11:58 PM   #603
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

As long as they have him in the suit and doing his Panther thang, I'm in.

Well, hell... I'm in either way. But you know what I mean.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:44 AM   #604
Cagefighterkip
Mr. Golightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
As long as they have him in the suit and doing his Panther thang, I'm in.
This ^^

Children are not born conservative bigots. They're molded to become them by their elders. Let's leave the world a better place, people.

Love and let love. Live and let live. #NOH8
Old 05-22-2013, 02:23 PM   #605
SuperSAINT
Side-Kick

I've not been keeping tabs on the latest rumours - Where have the rumblings been coming from in regards to the M.o.E?

Old 05-22-2013, 02:41 PM   #606
Mr. Dent
Banned User

No where just speculation based on the fact Whedon implied there will be multiple villains.

Old 05-22-2013, 03:30 PM   #607
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

I've been thinking about it and now I really want BP to be on the team and Maximoffs starting out as villains but becoming Avengers at the end.

Also, if our speculation is right and Pierce is Red Skull in TWS, what's the chances of him appearing in A2?

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 05-22-2013, 04:50 PM   #608
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Trevor
lol
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Well if some fans have their way, he could come back as the "TRUE MANDARIN" in disguise

Old 05-22-2013, 08:05 PM   #609
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
If T'Challa showed up in TA2 I could see them showing T'Chaka get killed in the prologue of the movie, kicking off the plot in whatever way (most likely setting up the threat).

If BP is in this, there's a helluva lotta characters to balance. I figure we'll see SHIELD fade into the background this go around, which I'd prefer.

Also, if they do end up battling MoE, who would everyone here like to see on the roster?
id they do..i'll tell you 3 characters I'd bet my ass are going to be atleast part of it..Abomination, Leader, Mandarin..zemo will be too, maybe zola, hell, if Cap 2 is political as it seems, and as big as it seems,maybe ross shows up again and becomes red hulk

Old 05-22-2013, 08:11 PM   #610
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

I'd like those three in on it for sure, Abomination would make a good brawn and Mandarin could make a good leader. We obviously haven't seen the other villains in action yet, but Kurse is on my radar too.

Old 05-22-2013, 08:53 PM   #611
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
I would. T'Challa is the Black Panther I want to see, couldn't care less about T'Chaka. A whole movie of T'Chaka as BP means one less movie with T'Challa as BP
That was kind of my thinking. I have a feeling BP won't get his origin movie, and you can't introduce T'Challa as BP without killing T'Chaka first. So it origin movie before he appears in Avengers or skip the T'Chaka death all together.

So I was thinking open the film with what I said in Wakanda. SW and QS hired to go there, steal vibranium, etc....

Old 05-22-2013, 09:46 PM   #612
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
I'd like those three in on it for sure, Abomination would make a good brawn and Mandarin could make a good leader. We obviously haven't seen the other villains in action yet, but Kurse is on my radar too.

If you mean Killian, then I see what you mean... but I think Red Skull would be an even better leader.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:47 PM   #613
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
id they do..i'll tell you 3 characters I'd bet my ass are going to be atleast part of it..Abomination, Leader, Mandarin..zemo will be too, maybe zola, hell, if Cap 2 is political as it seems, and as big as it seems,maybe ross shows up again and becomes red hulk

The Leader? I seriously doubt that. If he's not leading the Masters, he won't take part in it.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:02 PM   #614
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

Quote:
If you mean Killian, then I see what you mean... but I think Red Skull would be an even better leader.
True, it all depends on if and how they approach the character in TWS first. Also, there's the question (for me at least) of whether the Red Skull presented to us in TFA could lead these guys who have their own agendas.

What I mean is Red Skull had led sort of a cult that relied on people worshipping him and following a specific mindset, whereas Killian has proven to be effectively manipulative and could probably talk the other villains into a plan that would service all of them (or at least make it seem that way). Either one could work very well though, I dunno.

However, if someone like the big purple guy in the sky assembles them, I would peg Red Skull as their unit leader first for sure. Sort of like a Captain America to Thanos's Nick Fury.

Old 05-22-2013, 10:20 PM   #615
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
True, it all depends on if and how they approach the character in TWS first. Also, there's the question (for me at least) of whether the Red Skull presented to us in TFA could lead these guys who have their own agendas.

What I mean is Red Skull had led sort of a cult that relied on people worshipping him and following a specific mindset, whereas Killian has proven to be effectively manipulative and could probably talk the other villains into a plan that would service all of them (or at least make it seem that way). Either one could work very well though, I dunno.

However, if someone like the big purple guy in the sky assembles them, I would peg Red Skull as their unit leader first for sure. Sort of like a Captain America to Thanos's Nick Fury.
That's very true about their different leading styles. If anything, I can definitely see HYDRA and AIM under the Masters in TA2.

And what you said about Thanos being the "Fury" to Skull's "Cap" is how I look at it as well. Great points all around.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:24 AM   #616
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

That's... interesting.

Thanos as their Fury
Red Skull as their Cap
"Mandarin" as their Iron Man
Kurse as their Thor
Abomination as their Hulk
Crossbones as their Hawkeye

That's really interesting...

Old 05-23-2013, 07:15 AM   #617
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

I just don't see Masters of Evil working cinematically, sorry.
It's a great concept for a video game, like a Marvel vs. Capcom fighter, but how would that work as a story concept in a movie? "Hey, bad guys! I know we don't know each other from squat, and some of you come from entirely different planets/dimensions/time periods and all that, but let's all join together and form a club to beat up the guys who beat *us* up! Yeah! And here's our strategy: we'll all pair off against the specific guys who beat us up before....and....you know....maybe we'll be better this time and can actually beat 'em....and.....hey wait, where is everybody going? Come back! .....Hello?"

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 05-23-2013, 07:24 AM   #618
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
The Leader? I seriously doubt that. If he's not leading the Masters, he won't take part in it.
Bet he will be there. He was in a comic, and was since put away.

Since the shield show will probably have villains to capture, there will probably be some sort of prison. Bet abomination AND leader are there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
That's... interesting.

Thanos as their Fury
Red Skull as their Cap
"Mandarin" as their Iron Man
Kurse as their Thor
Abomination as their Hulk
Crossbones as their Hawkeye

That's really interesting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
It's a great concept for a video game, like a Marvel vs. Capcom fighter, but how would that work as a story concept in a movie? "Hey, bad guys! I know we don't know each other from squat, and some of you come from entirely different planets/dimensions/time periods and all that, but let's all join together and form a club to beat up the guys who beat *us* up! Yeah! And here's our strategy: we'll all pair off against the specific guys who beat us up before....and....you know....maybe we'll be better this time and can actually beat 'em....and.....hey wait, where is everybody going? Come back! .....Hello?"

It seems political, so I doubt Thanos would have anything to do with it.

If it happens, I'm sayin it will be mainly Hyrdra trying to overthrow the globe, with some who are in for their own intentions

Zemo (hydra)
Zola (Hyrdra)
Killian (Hydra/his own thing)
Abomination (revenge on hulk and such)
Leader (world domination)
Scarlett Witch (wrongfully prisoner in the shield show?)
Quicksilver (wrongfully prisoner in the shield show?)

this is a lineup I could temporarily see.

Old 05-23-2013, 09:46 AM   #619
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Bet he will be there. He was in a comic, and was since put away.

Since the shield show will probably have villains to capture, there will probably be some sort of prison. Bet abomination AND leader are there.

Oh yeah, I have no doubt that the Leader is imprisoned. However, I just don't think he'll be joining up with the Masters. I imagine he'll go his own way during the breakout, and eventually turn back up. I'd love to see him though, so I hope you're right.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 05-23-2013 at 09:50 AM.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:53 AM   #620
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post

It's exactly like the Avengers. I see it working perfectly. Also, we don't know what their strategy will be yet. I don't know, I understand the Masters are not your cup of tea for TA2, but it seems like you're not being optimistic about it. It will easily work, and it will be awesome.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:30 AM   #621
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
It's exactly like the Avengers. I see it working perfectly. Also, we don't know what their strategy will be yet. I don't know, I understand the Masters are not your cup of tea for TA2, but it seems like you're not being optimistic about it. It will easily work, and it will be awesome.
OK .... consider 7-9 different heroes and almost the same amount of villains to match.

In regards to screen time as they battle each other, you're going to get such a choppy cutting in and out ...... shorter durations then when we saw the fights aboard the Hellicarrier (i.e. Thor/Hulk, Widow/Hawkeye, Widow/Hulk, etc. etc.)

To that I say NO THANKS. I can understand (sort've) keeping those fights brief because they were hero vs. hero ...... but no way will that be acceptable in a hero vs. baddy fight.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:41 AM   #622
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
OK .... consider 7-9 different heroes and almost the same amount of villains to match.

In regards to screen time as they battle each other, you're going to get such a choppy cutting in and out ...... shorter durations then when we saw the fights aboard the Hellicarrier (i.e. Thor/Hulk, Widow/Hawkeye, Widow/Hulk, etc. etc.)

To that I say NO THANKS. I can understand (sort've) keeping those fights brief because they were hero vs. hero ...... but no way will that be acceptable in a hero vs. baddy fight.
Honestly, everything you're saying has a strong chance of being trivial in the long run. None of us know how this will end up working in TA2. We need to wait and see how it works before all of these pessimistic assumptions. Just because someone here doesn't see how it would work doesn't mean it won't work.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:02 PM   #623
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Honestly, everything you're saying has a strong chance of being trivial in the long run. None of us know how this will end up working in TA2. We need to wait and see how it works before all of these pessimistic assumptions. Just because someone here doesn't see how it would work doesn't mean it won't work.
..... and visa versa.

You're sure it could "easily" work. I'm certain it couldn't. They're called opinions. I don't need to wait on anything as you didn't either ..... but if they end up in the sequel and somehow it works, I have no problems saying I was wrong.

In my evaluations I'm considering time logistics and what I saw out of the first film .... I also don't see how all those villains would even think to team up with each other without needing something in return like the deal between Loki and the Other. What would that possibly be for so many different villains? The only other way would be for Thanos to somehow gain mind control over all of them but here we go again having Thanos using other henchmen to perform his bidding. We saw that already and I wouldn't want the Masters to be a bunch of goons.

Old 05-23-2013, 12:04 PM   #624
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
..... and visa versa.

You're sure it could "easily" work. I'm certain it couldn't. They're called opinions. I don't need to wait on anything as you didn't either ..... but if they end up in the sequel and somehow it works, I have no problems saying I was wrong.

In my evaluations I'm considering time logistics and what I saw out of the first film .... I also don't see how all those villains would even think to team up with each other without needing something in return like the deal between Loki and the Other. What would that possibly be for so many different villains? The only other way would be for Thanos to somehow gain mind control over all of them but here we go again having Thanos using other henchmen to perform his bidding. We saw that already and I wouldn't want the Masters to be a bunch of goons.

Okay.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 05-23-2013 at 12:13 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:54 PM   #625
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Quote:
Oh yeah, I have no doubt that the Leader is imprisoned
Why's that? All we've seen so far is Sterns' head start to mutate.

http://myth-smith.com/
Closed Thread