DESI

Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

You haven't seen the first episode?

Old 05-22-2013, 04:29 PM   #827
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

I didn't know this got a release
Going to wait for the first arc to come out full and then watch and decide what to think of it

Old 05-22-2013, 04:37 PM   #828
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I liked the first episode. A lot going on, but the action and animation looked great.

I'm not a big fan of Pasdar as Tony Stark, but everyone else sounds great. Liam O'Brien is a great Red Skull. Happy to hear him in another Marvel cartoon series.

- CM Punk
Old 05-22-2013, 05:28 PM   #829
smallville fan
Hero

The good:
I liked the pace of the show and the dialogue was acceptable(remember it's a kid's cartoon guys!). The Hulk/Thor rivalry was a good highlight. Falcon wasn't too bad either.

The bad:
The animation is too similar to Ultimate Spider-Man, which kinda taints it because I don't want to associate this show with the other. I can't really digest Adrian Pasdar's voice as Iron Man, like Stan Lee said, Robert Downey Jr is what Iron Man should be based off just like Christopher Reeve for Superman. I also miss the EMH theme song.

Last edited by smallville fan; 05-22-2013 at 05:33 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:26 PM   #830
Mr. Dent
Banned User

I also don't like how hard they tried to make this be similar to the movies, even using the same lines and such. It's just in poor taste to me.

Old 05-22-2013, 11:32 PM   #831
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

This show is definitely an inferior successor to EMH. I hope it gets better.

Old 05-22-2013, 11:33 PM   #832
Endeavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I also don't like how hard they tried to make this be similar to the movies, even using the same lines and such. It's just in poor taste to me.
Agreed

Old 05-22-2013, 11:39 PM   #833
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavor View Post
This show is definitely an inferior successor to EMH. I hope it gets better.
I'm not holding out on that one I'll watch the first 5 episodes and after that this series can go to HELL!

Old 05-23-2013, 12:58 AM   #834
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Good but not better than EMH pilot. Better than USM but that's not saying much.

Old 05-23-2013, 06:12 AM   #835
Sneakronicity
Side-Kick

It’s really hard to like something you’ve already set your mind to hating, like so many people seem to have done for this cartoon. It’s also pretty unfair to judge it based solely on comparing it to EMH. EMH was great but it’s gone, so can we judge this show on its own merit? Personally EMH didn’t grab me for the first six episodes, it wasn’t until the team assembled at the mansion that I started to love it. I certainly wasn’t blown away at the beginning of that either.

Hearing everyone hate on Avengers Assemble for months before it aired made me expect the worst, so I’m actually pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it. I’m glad they went with reassembling the team instead of starting over at the beginning again. We’ve already seen the team come together so many times in so many incarnations, so it was nice to just jump in with them already knowing each other and already having previous conflicts.

The animation will take some getting used to, I agree with others who pointed out the disconnect between the hand drawn elements and the CGI bits, but hopefully that’ll get better. There are a lot of cartoons that I don’t like the animation to start but it grows on me.

Ultimately I thought it was fun and not too dumbed down like people feared. Hulk and Thor were great, I loved their interactions. Hope to see more of Black Widow and really hope she’s not just a casual member like the website seemed to suggest. Love me some Hawkeye, as usual.

Overall I will keep watching and I hope more people give it a chance to gain its footing. I’ve seen many shows that started out pretty poorly in the beginning but grew into great shows.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:30 AM   #836
bigdaddy313
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
It’s really hard to like something you’ve already set your mind to hating, like so many people seem to have done for this cartoon. It’s also pretty unfair to judge it based solely on comparing it to EMH. EMH was great but it’s gone, so can we judge this show on its own merit? Personally EMH didn’t grab me for the first six episodes, it wasn’t until the team assembled at the mansion that I started to love it. I certainly wasn’t blown away at the beginning of that either.

Hearing everyone hate on Avengers Assemble for months before it aired made me expect the worst, so I’m actually pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it. I’m glad they went with reassembling the team instead of starting over at the beginning again. We’ve already seen the team come together so many times in so many incarnations, so it was nice to just jump in with them already knowing each other and already having previous conflicts.

The animation will take some getting used to, I agree with others who pointed out the disconnect between the hand drawn elements and the CGI bits, but hopefully that’ll get better. There are a lot of cartoons that I don’t like the animation to start but it grows on me.

Ultimately I thought it was fun and not too dumbed down like people feared. Hulk and Thor were great, I loved their interactions. Hope to see more of Black Widow and really hope she’s not just a casual member like the website seemed to suggest. Love me some Hawkeye, as usual.

Overall I will keep watching and I hope more people give it a chance to gain its footing. I’ve seen many shows that started out pretty poorly in the beginning but grew into great shows.
The truth is we where prepared and I am glad it's not a continuation of EMHS. We are not hating the show, but in terms of story, characterization, it is inferior to EMHS but it's still ok, not bad by any means even if they can be all over the place sometimes.

What I am angry about is the animation. They gave us pictures of how the shows will look and it doesn't look like the pics we have seen.

The animation looks cheep, the colors are very washed out and the cg looks like a cg graphics of ps1.

I was hoping that the preview we are watching is not complete but over at toonzone forum they said Disney XD told them that it is the final animation.

I am sorry, you give me that as the final look, that is not even on par with Ultimate Spider-man? Marvel has got to be kidding me!

Old 05-23-2013, 08:12 AM   #837
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Finally saw a poster for this show (again maybe?), taking cues from the movie poster doesn't looks that good with this art style

Old 05-23-2013, 09:01 AM   #838
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhero 101 View Post
You haven't seen the first episode?
I haven't, no. I don't have cable at home and keep forgetting to check the XD site

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 05-23-2013, 09:09 AM   #839
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy313 View Post
The first episode is free on iTunes
I don't HAVE Itunes nor a card to GET itunes. THEY want info for any Card and I don't have it, nor will I give it to them if I did.
To ME giving them info like that for so called FREE stuff is paying with your personal info.

....to every King.

Old 05-23-2013, 09:38 AM   #840
THUNDERSTRIKE
UNREGISTERED EX-OFFENDER

I'm a fan of AEMH, disappointed that the idiots in charge decided to scrap it, but was hopeful and optimistic that AA would be as enjoyable... saw it finally...

wow...

this was just BAD BAD BAD... as an Avengers fan, VERY disappointed... this is definitely the s**ts...

that whole animation department needs to be overhauled and revamped and Loeb, Quesadilla and MOA need to be replaced with a much more competent team...

and the crap just keeps coming... first USM, now this and soon that upcoming SMASH agents joke...

un-f**king-real... these guys can't do a decent animated DTV feature if their life depended on it and they can't do animated series for s**t anymore...

thank you, DC for being the godsend you are in this vast wasteland of animateds...

I am created the Destroyer, Shatterer of the accursed
Castle that shall collapse and crumble into a forgotten ruination.
So falls Zehnnc Dee'Ya, unstable B***h-Queen, and
Ell'Yaah, her asskisser and Sleez, her ancient and savage OverSeer.
The B***h lies in the guise of her deceptive words and lies helpless in the ruin of her useless life, unable to save herself.
None are so blind to the truth than the unsuspecting few that gather within the walls of her hellish medieval stronghold.
TYA'LYZ

Old 05-23-2013, 09:41 AM   #841
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

I completely agree TS. I loved the look of EMH, I don't MIND the Change but EMH looks MUCH better
Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERSTRIKE View Post
I'm a fan of AEMH, disappointed that the idiots in charge decided to scrap it, but was hopeful and optimistic that AA would be as enjoyable... saw it finally...

wow...

this was just BAD BAD BAD... as an Avengers fan, VERY disappointed... this is definitely the s**ts...

that whole animation department needs to be overhauled and revamped and Loeb, Quesadilla and MOA need to be replaced with a much more competent team...

and the crap just keeps coming... first USM, now this and soon that upcoming SMASH agents joke...

un-f**king-real... these guys can't do a decent animated DTV feature if their life depended on it and they can't do animated series for s**t anymore...

thank you, DC for being the godsend you are in this vast wasteland of animateds...

....to every King.

Old 05-23-2013, 09:43 AM   #842
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Chill man, disappointment can be understood, but this is hardcore. It's just a cartoon
You should have actually known who did it, and don't give it the benefit of the doubt after knowing it's done by the team behind USM cartoon

Old 05-23-2013, 09:51 AM   #843
THUNDERSTRIKE
UNREGISTERED EX-OFFENDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Chill man, disappointment can be understood, but this is hardcore. It's just a cartoon
You should have actually known who did it, and don't give it the benefit of the doubt after knowing it's done by the team behind USM cartoon

hope for the better will always be an eternal thing...

but in this case, it's an exercise in futility...

I SHOULD have known better... my bad... but moreso THEIRS...

The B***h lies in the guise of her deceptive words and lies helpless in the ruin of her useless life, unable to save herself.
None are so blind to the truth than the unsuspecting few that gather within the walls of her hellish medieval stronghold.
TYA'LYZ

Old 05-23-2013, 10:02 AM   #844
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Quote:
hope for the better will always be an eternal thing...

but in this case, it's an exercise in futility...

I SHOULD have known better... my bad... but moreso THEIRS...
Fair point
I bet they will say "Our hardcore fans love it"

Old 05-23-2013, 11:26 AM   #845
Endeavor

Quote:
Ahem... I could understand your outraged monologue until you dropped this bomb.
Have you seen TT Go?
They cancelled YJ and replaced it with a bad Powepuf Girls wannabe.
DC isn't any better than Marvel when it comes to making these horrible decisions.

Old 05-23-2013, 12:23 PM   #846
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Honestly, I'm waiting for the inevitable JL cartoon that will come around the release of the movie, so it can blow this one out of the water.

.... But I'll keep giving this cartoon a chance. I really want it to work.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:28 PM   #847
bigdaddy313
Side-Kick

Quote:
Have you seen TT Go?
DC isn't any better than Marvel when it comes to making these horrible decisions.
well actually it's cartoon network we should thank for that one even though it was in production before YJ was cancelled so that ok. I have a feeling that something big is coming for DC and we will find out at comic-con

Old 05-23-2013, 01:26 PM   #848
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Decided to watch it regardless
First 7 minutes give the impression this is a long trailer
Animation isn't good, Ultimate Spider-Man has better animation, when they don't make cutaways or still images with drawn sound effects

Old 05-23-2013, 01:37 PM   #849
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

The whole episode is 22 minutes long trailer
Feels nothing like a continuation of the modern classic: Earth's Mightiest Heroes

Old 05-23-2013, 01:49 PM   #850
THUNDERSTRIKE
UNREGISTERED EX-OFFENDER

Quote:
Have you seen TT Go?
I've seen TT Go... never again, bro...

it's appropriately named TT Go... and go far, far away is what it should do...

but I'll take DC's animated features ANY day over the pap and crap that Marvel puts out with their animated series stuffs...

TYA'LYZ

Last edited by THUNDERSTRIKE; 05-23-2013 at 01:55 PM.
Closed Thread