The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Microsoft

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 12:17 PM   #151
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 2

I see a lot of major online sites like Wired are trying to defend Microsoft. Apparently, us wanting games is crazy talk.

Old 05-23-2013, 12:19 PM   #152
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrainedEyes View Post
It's basically as powerful as a PS4, with similar architecture so ports will work just as well on both. The new controller apparently feels good with the best D-pad MS has made. Kinect in every box, so even though it's a silly thing at least everyone will have one and developers can implement it in more interesting ways. Tab switching in the system seems cool, you can instantly pull out of a game to browse the internet or watch TV, and then instantly go back to what you were doing. A DVR system for gaming, so you can rewind back and take clips.

A fair amount of the cool games seen at Sony's conference were multi-platform, so they'll be here too.

Basically, this conference was not for gamers. E3's will be. And, Microsoft is giving more solid answers to questions that Sony has only given vague answers to (the used game stuff especially).
Sony's Jack Tretton said he totally opposes blocking used games.

Old 05-23-2013, 12:26 PM   #153
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
I see a lot of major online sites like Wired are trying to defend Microsoft. Apparently, us wanting games is crazy talk.
Well we are getting games. MS just decided to not talk about them, at all, in their first reveal presser.

Old 05-23-2013, 12:27 PM   #154
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Sony's Jack Tretton said he totally opposes blocking used games.
Right but the rumor is that the PS4 will still allow games to be linked to the console if the publisher/developer so chooses correct? Jack Tretton is just a smart man and hes gonna let the blame fall elsewhere haha.

Old 05-23-2013, 12:30 PM   #155
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
They announced ahead of time Part 1: hardware at conference, Part II: games at E3. They really shouldn't have shown any games as people who either didn't know about or listen to the original announcement or are ignoring it believe they have grounds for complaint now. But really they should have spoken a lot more about the gaming capabilities of the system even if they didn't show games. A graphical demo would have been nice to see.

Old 05-23-2013, 12:33 PM   #156
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
They announced ahead of time Part 1: hardware at conference, Part II: games at E3. They really shouldn't have shown any games as people who either didn't know about or listen to the original announcement or are ignoring it believe they have grounds for complaint now. But really they should have spoken a lot more about the gaming capabilities of the system even if they didn't show games. A graphical demo would have been nice to see.
Yea and i totally get that, ya gotta save something for E3 and thats fine, but my issue with the presser was it didn't do anything to show why i need THIS console to be my primary GAMES console. Everything they showed was about everything else OTHER than games. Like i didn't have to see any new IP's, i just wanted them to show me how all the new features for One will better my gaming experience and all i got was how One will make it easier to watch TV and Sports.

E3 is gonna be super interesting though, MS knows they are backed up against a wall with rapid foaming fanboys closing in for the kill. Im positive we will get definitive answers to these always online and anti used games questions as well as them showing off the gaming side of the machine. I mean they've got no other choice.

Last edited by ProjectPat2280; 05-23-2013 at 12:36 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:51 PM   #157
Benstamania
Finished The Fight

Will MS be arrogant enough though to care?

Old 05-23-2013, 12:55 PM   #158
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

They care about money more than most so yeah, they care.

Old 05-23-2013, 01:00 PM   #159
Benstamania
Finished The Fight

Took Sony a Year to change their stance originally. Remember the whole "you'll work two jobs" thing?

Old 05-23-2013, 01:07 PM   #160
MagnarTheGreat
The Avatar

I imagine modchipping, cracking, and jailbreaking an Xbox One will be a thing a lot more people will want to do.

On the flip side can't wait to see what new punishments getting banned from Live will bring.

Old 05-23-2013, 01:30 PM   #161
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benstamania View Post
Took Sony a Year to change their stance originally. Remember the whole "you'll work two jobs" thing?
Yea and thats prob why i think they wouldnt go that route. It took Sony a long time to recover from that.

Old 05-23-2013, 01:31 PM   #162
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
Yea and i totally get that, ya gotta save something for E3 and thats fine, but my issue with the presser was it didn't do anything to show why i need THIS console to be my primary GAMES console. Everything they showed was about everything else OTHER than games. Like i didn't have to see any new IP's, i just wanted them to show me how all the new features for One will better my gaming experience and all i got was how One will make it easier to watch TV and Sports.

E3 is gonna be super interesting though, MS knows they are backed up against a wall with rapid foaming fanboys closing in for the kill. Im positive we will get definitive answers to these always online and anti used games questions as well as them showing off the gaming side of the machine. I mean they've got no other choice.
Regardless what any of us say here...I'm sure it will be the lead console in the next gen. Everyone I know is getting it because THEIR friends are getting it because they are so used to Xbox Live for keeping in touch for gaming.

Despite not having much in the way of exclusives...it's Live and friends wanting to play with friends that will make it the big thing. I am the only person I know who is buying the PS4.

Old 05-23-2013, 01:40 PM   #163
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Regardless what any of us say here...I'm sure it will be the lead console in the next gen. Everyone I know is getting it because THEIR friends are getting it because they are so used to Xbox Live for keeping in touch for gaming.

Despite not having much in the way of exclusives...it's Live and friends wanting to play with friends that will make it the big thing. I am the only person I know who is buying the PS4.
that could change next gen. Sony didnt know what it was doing when the PS3 launched. There was no PSN, online functionality subpar, no trophies, etc... Its been a work in progress but they've made significant strides and improvements and seem to be in a much better position going into the PS4 to deliver an amazing online experience. They seem to be more community focused this time around and pushing interactivity with other gamers. I think that big advantage that Xbox had over PS in terms of online functionality this gen will have diminished. Its the perfect time for people to jump over, and I think people will.

Last edited by Havok83; 05-23-2013 at 01:56 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:43 PM   #164
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Yea but thats really no different than saying well the PS4 will be the lead because everyone who uses the PS3 will want to play with their friends on the PS4.

I mean sure theres gonna be ppl who will stick with it because of that but theres going to be just as many who dont care and will look to get the best console for them.

Old 05-23-2013, 01:44 PM   #165
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:

Who knows what will happen. It's early days but at the moment the hardcore (the vast majority on gaming sites and secondary ones such as these) are very much in favour of PS4. The used game thing is probably not as much of an issue to the casuals who buy less games but what they do buy they buy new from retail stores. That Live & friends thing will be very important but it doesn't mean a whole group of frends will adopt at launch. If they're not happy with MS they'll probably wait a bit, at least until the next gen Halo or Gears.

What was the friends system like on PS3? I just didn't really use it for multiplayer much aside from solo MP like beat'em ups & solo FIFA.

Old 05-23-2013, 01:47 PM   #166
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post

What was the friends system like on PS3? I just didn't really use it for multiplayer much aside from solo MP like beat'em ups & solo FIFA.
Pure garbage. Connecting and chatting with friends on the PS3 is a nightmare compared to the 360 but im certain Sony will rectify that going forward. Like Havok said, they realize now more than ever how important connecting gamers with each other is. I expect the way you communicate with friends on the PS4 will be as simplistic as possible.

Old 05-23-2013, 01:50 PM   #167
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Yea but thats really no different than saying well the PS4 will be the lead because everyone who uses the PS3 will want to play with their friends on the PS4.

I mean sure theres gonna be ppl who will stick with it because of that but theres going to be just as many who dont care and will look to get the best console for them.
True, but this was not a factor at all in previous new gens. I think there was a lot more freedom of movement based on whatever people thought would be best. For eg I went from Spectrum & Amiga (computers) to Nintendo (SNES) to Sega (Dreamcast) to Sony (PS1 - 3) to Microsoft (360). I changed every generation! (zero loyalty ). Now it is a lot harder (for me) to change having spoken to the same group of people nearly every day over many years.

Edit: And also I know many (most?) don't care but I love having a gamertag with all my gaming history and dates I played different games & different levels within them. That's another big thing to give up or just end suddenly.

Old 05-23-2013, 01:55 PM   #168
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Is anybody old enough to remember having to go to your friend's house to actually play the ****ing game? Damn kids and their Walkmans.

Old 05-23-2013, 01:59 PM   #169
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Pure garbage. Connecting and chatting with friends on the PS3 is a nightmare compared to the 360 but im certain Sony will rectify that going forward. Like Havok said, they realize now more than ever how important connecting gamers with each other is. I expect the way you communicate with friends on the PS4 will be as simplistic as possible.
This will be a huge improvement for the PS4 then. For anyone who actually wants gaming friends, cross game party chat will be a great addition...especially if you have a good group who knows each other. And some of my friends hardly ever play multiplayer but they still like being able to stay in party chat with everyone else.

PS3 was definitely the better single player console but it might have been a lot closer on the online side if it had XGPC.

Old 05-23-2013, 02:03 PM   #170
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Is anybody old enough to remember having to go to your friend's house to actually play the ****ing game? Damn kids and their Walkmans.
I remember when my friend acquired a copy of Super Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, and how excited I was about it.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
Old 05-23-2013, 02:05 PM   #171
DirtyHarry
I saw footage

Quote:
This. I'm not even that old but when I want to play with my friends, I go over to their house...way more fun lol. But if they're too far away I get that

Stanley Kubrick defeats Alfred Hitchcock by one vote to win The Best Directors of All Time Tournament. (11/16/13)
Old 05-23-2013, 02:16 PM   #172
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
But that's better now as well. I have a co-op set up for any guests who are into gaming with 2 big TVs in the same room and I push the conversation towards getting on that pretty quickly. If they aren't enthusiastic I put them on the get rid list.

And I played 5 player Gears 2 Horde and team Battlefield Bad Company 2 at a guy's house a few years ago where everyone bought their own XBox and most brought a monitor. 8 people on the same team and we could see most of our team's screens at the same time. Bloody awesome!

Edit: also nearly everyone was mid 30s at that thing lol..damn kids!

Old 05-23-2013, 02:48 PM   #173
Soapy
It's happening again...

Quote:
Regardless what any of us say here...I'm sure it will be the lead console in the next gen.
I kinda doubt it. From what I've been hearing, developers are excited about PS4. Not so much for the XBONE. It seems like it's the same story as the last few years of 360; Microsoft being real hard to work with.

Old 05-23-2013, 02:52 PM   #174
Benstamania
Finished The Fight

Quote:
Yeah...Party Chat is really the only reason the 360 became my gaming console of choice. I'm not much for competitive MP much anymore...but I love me some co-op...Party chat just shined.

Sony knows...They put it on the friggin' Vita. Still not perfect as if you have a headset plugged in the chat cuts over the games audio...(it IS a hand held though...) but you KNOW they're heading that way with the 4.

Old 05-23-2013, 02:53 PM   #175
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

By lead console are you guys saying who will sell the most or who will be programmed for first before porting to the other?

Closed Thread