Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 04:21 PM   #51
Sun_Down
Groovy

Default Re: Catch me if you can!! Evan Peters?Quicksilver Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Fassbender is 36, Peters in 26. I dont think they will be Father Son.
Why not? Fassbender can play 35-40 and Peters can play 18-20 (he played a HS kid on AHS).

Old 05-23-2013, 04:22 PM   #52
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if there is no mention of Quicksilver being Magneto's son.

Rogue/Mystique/Nightcrawler
Professor Xavier/Juggernaut
Mystique/Azazel

But we'll see.
Yes that's very possible that will be the case

Old 05-23-2013, 04:22 PM   #53
Paradox1
Side-Kick

Evan Peters is a fantastic choice as Quicksilver he is a tremendous actor and I know he going to do a great job with the role. As far as how he fits into the story in my mind there is no doubt Quicksilver will be part of the future cast. The future cast seems a more likely choice because to me the future doesn't mean present day. From the source material of DOFP there is a huge war going on between mutants and humans. I think Petro will be fighting by his father side in the future.

The Avengers tie in I doubt, might get the same actor though but I doubt there be any mention to his X-Men past. I know people think the X-men being back in the Marvel hands would be great but I doubt it. Marvel movies want to stay away from some of the tougher subjects its comics were built on such as Tony's drinking, Nazi's and all the sudden God's dropping from the sky.

"Wars are never won, regardless of who might be the victor. The very act of war is itself a horrible defeat." Guardian of the Universe "Battleground: Oa!" Green Lantern, 1st Silver Age series, #127, Denny O'Neil)
Old 05-23-2013, 04:23 PM   #54
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox1 View Post
Evan Peters is a fantastic choice as Quicksilver he is a tremendous actor and I know he going to do a great job with the role. As far as how he fits into the story in my mind there is no doubt Quicksilver will be part of the future cast. The future cast seems a more likely choice because to me the future doesn't mean present day. From the source material of DOFP there is a huge war going on between mutants and humans. I think Petro will be fighting by his father side in the future.

The Avengers tie in I doubt, might get the same actor though but I doubt there be any mention to his X-Men past. I know people think the X-men being back in the Marvel hands would be great but I doubt it. Marvel movies want to stay away from some of the tougher subjects its comics were built on such as Tony's drinking, Nazi's and all the sudden God's dropping from the sky.
Future magneto will be more like a grandfather to have a child in his 2Os or teens

Chances are its 70s brotherhood

Old 05-23-2013, 04:25 PM   #55
Paradox1
Side-Kick

future Mags could of had the kid decades ago, and when did being old stop old men from having kids?

"Wars are never won, regardless of who might be the victor. The very act of war is itself a horrible defeat." Guardian of the Universe "Battleground: Oa!" Green Lantern, 1st Silver Age series, #127, Denny O'Neil)
Old 05-23-2013, 04:33 PM   #56
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Down View Post
Why not? Fassbender can play 35-40 and Peters can play 18-20 (he played a HS kid on AHS).
I don't see it happening, but anything is possible at this point...

Old 05-23-2013, 04:33 PM   #57
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
We'll see a Justice League - Avengers team up before we see A vs X on the big screen.
I'm sorry but that's just stupid.

Old 05-23-2013, 04:36 PM   #58
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
. We'll see a Justice League - Avengers team up before we see A vs X on the big screen.
A vs X was complete rubbish, so thank goodness for that.

Old 05-23-2013, 04:36 PM   #59
MarvelU
Side-Kick

Seems fishy it took this long to announce quicksilver and Whedon confirmed quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. It could be an agreement between the two parties. Would give quicksilver a good intro, if he is indeed heading to the Avengers as well.

Old 05-23-2013, 04:36 PM   #60
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

Considering the movie is about time travel of some sort I'm not that worried about the ages matching up perfectly.

I'm more interested in whether or not Fox decided to pull the trigger on Quicksilver now that they know he was definitely in the works for Avengers 2

Old 05-23-2013, 04:40 PM   #61
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
But Fassbender Magneto couldnt have 33 on FC's 1962 and 36 on Days of future Past's 1973, lol.

Magneto is 11 years older on this sequel.

So he easily could have had some sex before FC events, lol. you know? he wasnt a teenager on FC.

Old 05-23-2013, 04:40 PM   #62
TWayneP
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if there is no mention of Quicksilver being Magneto's son.

Rogue/Mystique/Nightcrawler
Professor Xavier/Juggernaut
Mystique/Azazel

But we'll see.
Right, theres even more than that, but I feel there may be a good dynamic introduced with the time travel aspect, and having sons/daughters etc. We could very well see Cable be brought in, and it revealed that jean/scott live in the end, etc.

But thats a whole nother world of speculation. I just feel Singer has a purpose for him in relation to Magneto. Mags needs a fresh story element, and this is it! I really want Scarlett Witch to be announced for DOFP.

Maybe Im wrong, I won't be upset if there is no family connection, because Im so used to it with the X-films. Its very sad and a huge missed opportunity though. More so than the other connections imo since Magneto is such a huge main focus.

Old 05-23-2013, 04:40 PM   #63
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox1 View Post
future Mags could of had the kid decades ago, and when did being old stop old men from having kids?
Doubt they will go that route tbh

Old 05-23-2013, 04:50 PM   #64
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

LOL, back to the drawing board Whedon

Old 05-23-2013, 04:52 PM   #65
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
But Fassbender Magneto couldnt have 33 on FC's 1962 and 36 on Days of future Past's 1973, lol.

Magneto is 11 years older on this sequel.

So he easily could have had some sex before FC events, lol. you know? he wasnt a teenager on FC.
It doesn't add up to me. Those two actors do not look the right age for Father Son. There are some similarities I guess. I highly doubt there will be a subplot about him and his kids in this film. But really none of the continuity makes sense so if it happenes it happens. There are a ton of possibilities, especially with multiple timelines.

I'm tired of this after thought bs though. They have had plenty of time to introduce Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. They should have been on the Brotherhood in X1 imo.

Old 05-23-2013, 04:55 PM   #66
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEN =w= DAY View Post
LOL, back to the drawing board Whedon
I am not sure you know how this works.

Old 05-23-2013, 05:23 PM   #67
Phoenix_Flare
Side-Kick

I'm glad they're using Pietro in the film, and I have a hunch that he will be part of the 70s Brotherhood. Also it'll be good character development for Fassbender's Magneto, cause none of the 3 original films hinted at him having a family, so it'll be interesting to see a "father-son" dynamic between the two. These two are like "Harry/Norman Osbourne" son wants to please father, so he'll do anything for his appectance, but I'm guessing by the end of the film Pietro will see the error of his and Magneto's ways and they split.

Old 05-23-2013, 06:02 PM   #68
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

I hope that nobody is truly getting excited about a possible deal between Marvel and Fox:

Quote:
This is not a situation where the two different companies are working together to try and create a sense of a larger shared world. In fact, if either of them could get the other to back off, they would. The thing is, Bryan Singer has designed a sequence that he feels only works with Quicksilver, and Joss Whedon feels that there is a pressing reason for Quicksilver to show up in "The Avengers 2," and so what we're going to see is a legally-negotiated stand-off in which we'll get two totally different versions of one character. While they may act like things are amicable in public, HitFix sources say otherwise.

Singer has just cast Evan Peters as Quicksilver for "X-Men: Days Of Future Past." He's shooting first, so presumably, he will win the showdown in terms of being the first to define the character on film. Marvel has larger plans for the character, though, and wants to use him for more than just one action sequence. The way the arrangement works, Marvel Studios cannot refer to the character as a "mutant," and they can't mention Magneto at all. Likewise, Fox can't make any reference to The Avengers in their film.

That means they'll have to either explain his powers in a different way in "The Avengers 2," or they'll just have to make no mention of his origin at all. At this point, there are so many characters in "Days Of Future Past" that it seems odd they'd end up in a pissing match with Marvel about who gets to use a character who, let's face it, 90% of the audience for either franchise has never heard of.

This is the first time this has happened, and there is still time for Fox to blink. If they push forward and allow Singer to include the character, there's a chance they're burning down any future cooperation with Marvel, who have proven themselves to be hard negotiators who aren't afraid to flex whatever muscle they have.
http://www.hitfix.com/motion-capture...the-avengers-2

Last edited by Specter313; 05-23-2013 at 06:07 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:49 PM   #69
lastairbender
Side-Kick

Among all this, my opinion is....GREAT! And if Scarlet Witch also appears... GREATER!(i wish it happens). I prefer them in X-men.
It makes all sense..they first appear in X-Men and then Avengers i think, so the same way with the movies...love the fact they are mutants and magneto children..bring Polaris..

Old 05-23-2013, 06:51 PM   #70
lastairbender
Side-Kick

And i love the cast..and the fact hes young

Old 05-23-2013, 06:57 PM   #71
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
I'm sorry but that's just stupid.
I can explain it for you - or you can just read the HitFix article today describing growing animosity between FOX and Disney. It's in Disney/Marvel's best interest for FOX's X-Men films to continue their box office drop and allow Disney to regain their IP. There's no way Marvel is going to prop up FOX's films by linking them to the far more lucrative MCU. An Avengers -Justice League crossover can only help Marvel, and is therefore more likely. It's not "stupid" - it's just business.

Old 05-23-2013, 06:58 PM   #72
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Just because the actor is 26 doesn't mean the character is 26.

Peter's played a high school kid who couldn't have been any older than 18 on the first season of American Horror Story season 1 then turned around and played a older character in AHS season 2, so he can clearly pull off playing any age.

Most of the actors in the First Class were significantly older than what their characters were portrayed to be - especially Ed Gathegi/Darwin.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:10 PM   #73
jignat
Side-Kick

IF they have him and NOT mention that hes Magnus' son, and give him no dialogue or reference to Wanda, Singer will have wasted a golden opportunity.

Since he can mention Magneto connection unlike Whedon, he should use it.
I dont want Pietro and possibly Wanda to be the new riptide/Deathstrike lol

Old 05-23-2013, 07:16 PM   #74
Angamb
Banned User

yeah, Singer BETTER connect these three characters. whether its on the 70's or the future (hopefully the past, since that way they could spend more time with them)

If Singer doesnt adress this..... well, let me stay optimistic

Old 05-23-2013, 07:35 PM   #75
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

rather he's from the future timeline or the past timeline, there was no mention of Mag's having kid(s) in the other movies (or even any mention of any past love interest or other such encounters... not that it means one didn't happen)

but, obviously he was only recently reunited/or first learned of him (with in the last 10 years) so, even if he is his son, it not like he personally raised him

Closed Thread