The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2013, 05:55 PM   #1
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'
 
Spider-Vader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 12,396
Default Should the Twins Be Split Up?

With the recent news that Quicksilver will first appear in 'X-Men: Days of the Future Past', it's likely that Pietro might not show up in Avengers 2 afterall. But what about Wanda? Should she be in Avengers 2 or would it be wrong for her to appear without her twin?

Honestly, I wouldn't want Wanda to appear without Pietro. Without the brother/sister relationship you lose a really intereting aspect of her character (atleast at first)

__________________
"Okay...This looks bad."
Spider-Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:06 PM   #2
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument
 
Mjölnir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,555
Default Re: Should the Twins Be Split Up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post
With the recent news that Quicksilver will first appear in 'X-Men: Days of the Future Past', it's likely that Pietro might not show up in Avengers 2 afterall. But what about Wanda? Should she be in Avengers 2 or would it be wrong for her to appear without her twin?

Honestly, I wouldn't want Wanda to appear without Pietro. Without the brother/sister relationship you lose a really intereting aspect of her character (atleast at first)
Why would it change anything with Quicksilver for TA2? It's not that important to use him first that they'll scrap their ideas for it and both Fox and Marvel have rights to the character, just in different contexts.

Mjölnir is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:33 PM   #3
Eddie
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,524
Default Re: Should the Twins Be Split Up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
Why would it change anything with Quicksilver for TA2? It's not that important to use him first that they'll scrap their ideas for it and both Fox and Marvel have rights to the character, just in different contexts.
It's not exactly ideal having a competing studio use the same character in a movie less than a year prior to your own movie. It will confuse the general audience.

Eddie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:34 PM   #4
smashmode
House Stark
 
smashmode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,859
Default Re: Should the Twins Be Split Up?

No. No reason for marvel to back down

smashmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:34 PM   #5
Chewy
REDACTED
 
Chewy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,012
Default Re: Should the Twins Be Split Up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
It's not exactly ideal having a competing studio use the same character in a movie less than a year prior to your own movie. It will confuse the general audience.
No more than two studios releasing two Snow White movies three months apart

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:49 PM   #6
Spider-Fan83
Like the Sword?...
 
Spider-Fan83's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 6,334
Default Re: Should the Twins Be Split Up?

agreed...

but, these are not the Wonder twins, or Mas y Menos were talking about here, they not inseparable

they can easily be done as separate characters

in fact were they separated for the major of the young life's, before they were reunited (in the comics)

just saying

Spider-Fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:34 PM   #7
metaphysician
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,778
Default Re: Should the Twins Be Split Up?

I see no reason for Marvel to yield. If Fox really wants to throw him in, go ahead. It will only hurt their movie for the probable cramming. Marvel, meanwhile, is much more likely to put him to good use.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:09 PM   #8
Farren
Side Kicker
 
Farren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,129
Default Re: Should the Twins Be Split Up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
I see no reason for Marvel to yield. If Fox really wants to throw him in, go ahead. It will only hurt their movie for the probable cramming. Marvel, meanwhile, is much more likely to put him to good use.
This

__________________
C2: Cyclops Fans - United (2006)
I Believe in Aaron Eckhart
Farren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:37 PM   #9
ThePowerCosmic
"No."
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hype, Superhero
Posts: 18,295
Default Re: Should the Twins Be Split Up?

Nah, no Wanda if Pietro isn't there. I don't even want to see her that much. I'd much rather see Wasp or Ms. Marvel.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Ant-Man, Daredevil, AKA Jessica Jones
2016: Captain America: Civil War, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Suicide Squad, Doctor Strange, X-Men: Apocalypse, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Deadpool, Star Wars: Rogue One, Warcraft
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:41 PM   #10
psylockolussus
X-Men ♥ Fantastic Four
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 23,052
Default Re: Should the Twins Be Split Up?

In my opinion, Marvel Studios shouldn't split them up just because FOX is using them in DOFP. And FOX shouldn't also hesitate to use Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch just because they are gonna appear in the Avengers.

If both studios want to use Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, then go ahead as long as they aren't breaking any rules.

psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:43 PM   #11
Eddie
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,524
Default Re: Should the Twins Be Split Up?

If Fox prevents Quicksilver from being in The Avengers 2 & Marvel keeps Scarlet Witch in, only one headline will suffice.

Fox lifts and separates the twins.

Eddie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:29 AM   #12
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop
 
Hawkingbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: With the Hawkeyes
Posts: 5,735
Default Re: Should the Twins Be Split Up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Nah, no Wanda if Pietro isn't there. I don't even want to see her that much. I'd much rather see Wasp or Ms. Marvel.
I agree. I actually want the twins in the X-Men and different Avengers in A2.

__________________
"Turkey sucks and you suck, and who made you boss?"
Hawkingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:54 AM   #13
Silvermoth
Avenger
 
Silvermoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,883
Default Re: Should the Twins Be Split Up?

Definitely not but I think fox are disgusting enough to do it

__________________
Mutant and proud.

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:26 AM   #14
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 12,049
Default Re: Should the Twins Be Split Up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
No more than two studios releasing two Snow White movies three months apart
Or two James Bond movies in the same year (1983).

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:50 AM   #15
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 9,440
Default Re: Should the Twins Be Split Up?

Both Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver should be in Avengers 2, I think their brother/Sister relationship will be crucial there and do not want to see that lost. Whedon would not have been mentioning them this early if they were not important to the story.

I'm thinking a better option at this point with Fox would be to use Polaris instead of Scarlet Witch. Seemed to be a much larger demand with Lorna over Wanda showing up in an X-Men film. And Wanda is def more relevant to the Avengers.


Last edited by def28; 05-24-2013 at 08:00 AM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:35 AM   #16
BoredGuy
Chairman of the Bored
 
BoredGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: taco stand
Posts: 5,105
Default Re: Should the Twins Be Split Up?

Scarlet Witch also has almost no history with the X-Men, she's much more of an Avengers character.
I'd be ok with keeping Wanda and Substituting in Wonder Man or Vision, change the brother/sister thing to a love relationship

__________________
MOVIE STUDIO BATTING AVERAGES:
MARVEL- .750 WB- .375 FOX- .364 SONY- .429
BoredGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:22 AM   #17
Aztec
Side-Kick
 
Aztec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 2,251
Default Re: Should the Twins Be Split Up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
Scarlet Witch also has almost no history with the X-Men, she's much more of an Avengers character.
I'd be ok with keeping Wanda and Substituting in Wonder Man or Vision, change the brother/sister thing to a love relationship
Or you can have both like Millar tried in The Ultimates!

__________________
Proudly boycotting Fox Marvel films since X-Men: First Class
#bringffhome
Aztec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:26 PM   #18
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument
 
Mjölnir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,555
Default Re: Should the Twins Be Split Up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztec View Post
Or you can have both like Millar tried in The Ultimates!
And switch their last names to Lannister.

Mjölnir is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.