Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 07:43 PM   #76
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

Default Re: Catch me if you can!! Evan Peters?Quicksilver Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastairbender View Post
Among all this, my opinion is....GREAT! And if Scarlet Witch also appears... GREATER!(i wish it happens). I prefer them in X-men.
It makes all sense..they first appear in X-Men and then Avengers i think, so the same way with the movies...love the fact they are mutants and magneto children..bring Polaris..
well of course they were not Magneto's children when first introduced in 1964 - and around 1974 they were established as being the children of two Golden Age heroes [the Whizzer and Ms. America] - not sure when all this was tossed out the window in favor of Magneto being their dad...

Old 05-23-2013, 07:56 PM   #77
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbadoom View Post
well of course they were not Magneto's children when first introduced in 1964 - and around 1974 they were established as being the children of two Golden Age heroes [the Whizzer and Ms. America] - not sure when all this was tossed out the window in favor of Magneto being their dad...
I believe John Byrne made the switch back in the 1980s when he took over the Avengers title. I would not be surprised if their parentage is "re-rebooted" in the comics before 2014, with The Whizzer and Mrs. America reinstated as Wanda and Pietro's parents.

Old 05-23-2013, 08:25 PM   #78
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

That would be very douce of Marvel.But,I wouldn't put It past them.

Old 05-23-2013, 09:12 PM   #79
betonvomxli

yeah,plus Already play a teenager in american horror story season 1 and he does look younger than 26,,,

Old 05-23-2013, 09:20 PM   #80
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

I think he'll be to DOFP what Colossus was to X2 unfortunately.

Old 05-23-2013, 09:21 PM   #81
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post

Colossus barely got to use his powers in X2, while Quicksilver supposedly has an entire action sequence.

I doubt that.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:24 PM   #82
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

YAY! YAY! YAY! Thank you Bryan Singer and Fox!

In my opinion, Quicksilver is more suited to the X-Men films!

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 05-23-2013, 09:24 PM   #83
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

This makes me exceptionally happy. Not because "there was probably an agreement" like most of you say. But because it might mean Quicksilver wont be in Avengers at all. And that's what I want. Screw you all!

jkjk

but seriously. Take him Fox, we don't need him.

Old 05-23-2013, 09:25 PM   #84
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Colossus barely got to use his powers in X2, while Quicksilver supposedly has an entire action sequence.

I doubt that.
Still seems insignificant.

Old 05-23-2013, 09:25 PM   #85
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
YAY! YAY! YAY! Thank you Bryan Singer and Fox!

In my opinion, Quicksilver is more suited to the X-Men films!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
This makes me exceptionally happy. Not because "there was probably an agreement" like most of you say. But because it might mean Quicksilver wont be in Avengers at all. And that's what I want. Screw you all!

jkjk

but seriously. Take him Fox, we don't need him.

Agreed on both comments!

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:26 PM   #86
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
I think he'll be one of the few members of the Brotherhood. Probably a silent henchman or someone like Pyro. But I really hope he's a Brotherhood member!

Old 05-23-2013, 09:26 PM   #87
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Still seems insignificant.

Could be, guess we'll have to wait to find out. Personally, I'm happy he's in DOFP and think he'll have a substantial role. Like Pyro in X2.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:29 PM   #88
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

My only worry about Quicksilver's inclusion in this film are; Marvel might not promote DOFP, I mean they have a say for tie-in merchandises and they would make Quicksilver super important in Avengers 2 just to top DOFP's Quicksilver.

Old 05-23-2013, 09:32 PM   #89
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick

From the News and Discussion thread:

Quote:
Borys Kit ‏@Borys_Kit 1h Following up a bit on @DrewAtHitFix's take on Quicksilver: Heard that Fox can actually use the Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch names...

Marvel can use the the names Pietro and Wanda.

Also, to insert the character so late in the game (X-Men is already shooting) is Fox's way of asserting the character and a dig at Marvel.
This doesn't give much hope that "Quicksilver" is going to be a deeply fleshed out character.

Old 05-23-2013, 09:32 PM   #90
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
If they end on the 70's with Fassbender, just in case..... it would be awesome to me!

Fassbender playing a 40 years old Mag having two teenagers, that would be sooooooooooooo interesting, lol

I love it.

But on other hand.... to see both actors on both franchises would be really cool too, so....

its a hard issue, damm
Do you guys really expecting Quicksilver to be Magneto's son in this movie. Thats another layer of Magneto's history that has to be explored if they are gonna introduce his son in this movie.

I get that people here want to stay true to the comics, but I seriously don't think this movie should tackle on that. Just make Quicksilver a bad-ass Brotherhood member, its easier and less complicated.

Old 05-23-2013, 09:44 PM   #91
Snikt
Side-Kick

I still think it's funny that even some news sites are suggesting that FOX is doing this just to piss Marvel Studios off.

I honestly have no doubt it my mind that Bryan had intended to use Quicksilver all along. It just doesn't seem like Singer to randomly cast a character just to take a jab at another studio.

Old 05-23-2013, 09:49 PM   #92
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikt View Post
I still think it's funny that even some news sites are suggesting that FOX is doing this just to piss Marvel Studios off.

I honestly have no doubt it my mind that Bryan had intended to use Quicksilver all along. It just doesn't seem like Singer to randomly cast a character just to take a jab at another studio.
Maybe not jab, but either as a serious competitive move, or perhaps just coincidence. Are the odds more likely that Fox and Marvel are working together? idk... I guess we'll have to wait and see what Joss Whedon has to say.

Old 05-23-2013, 09:52 PM   #93
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
My only worry about Quicksilver's inclusion in this film are; Marvel might not promote DOFP, I mean they have a say for tie-in merchandises and they would make Quicksilver super important in Avengers 2 just to top DOFP's Quicksilver.
If you take a look at the Marvel 10Ks prior to the Disney purchase, Marvel controls tie-in merchandise for their liscensed properties. DOFP will have the same tie in merchandise as XM:FC and The Wolverine - none.

Old 05-23-2013, 09:53 PM   #94
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikt View Post

Perhaps, but linking it to the Avengers sequel announcement was an inappropriate tie to a completely separate movie universe.

Old 05-23-2013, 09:57 PM   #95
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Do you guys really expecting Quicksilver to be Magneto's son in this movie. Thats another layer of Magneto's history that has to be explored if they are gonna introduce his son in this movie.

I get that people here want to stay true to the comics, but I seriously don't think this movie should tackle on that. Just make Quicksilver a bad-ass Brotherhood member, its easier and less complicated.
I do kinda expect him to be his son. Magneto is at least 40 in this film, I'm quite sure his makeup will attest to that. And this Peters kid still looks high school age. He played the age range just fine in Kick Ass. So whether Mags knew about his son/daughter or not in First Class, he will find out this time around, and I doubt Singer will want to do it any other way than the right way. And maybe Fassbender isn't the father but McKellen. There's always that route too.

Old 05-23-2013, 10:04 PM   #96
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
I do kinda expect him to be his son. Magneto is at least 40 in this film, I'm quite sure his makeup will attest to that. And this Peters kid still looks high school age. He played the age range just fine in Kick Ass. So whether Mags knew about his son/daughter or not in First Class, he will find out this time around, and I doubt Singer will want to do it any other way than the right way. And maybe Fassbender isn't the father but McKellen. There's always that route too.
That would require a lot of explanation if they take the father-son route. There was no indication that he is a father in First Class and the original trilogy. In my opinion, make it simple and just make Quicksilver, one of his allies/henchman.

Old 05-23-2013, 10:30 PM   #97
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
If you take a look at the Marvel 10Ks prior to the Disney purchase, Marvel controls tie-in merchandise for their liscensed properties. DOFP will have the same tie in merchandise as XM:FC and The Wolverine - none.
You've just answered the question why I am not wild on MS.

When It comes to properties I have been X-Men fan first and foremost.I was never Into the Avengers like X-Men or Spider-Man.I have more batman comics
than avengers comics.

MS has put out 3 disappoint films to me-Iron Man 2 and 3 and thor.
As far as I am corncerned they have had 3 good films-Avengers,Incredible Hulk,and First Iron Man.Cap Is somewhere In middle.

I don't give a damn how much money Iron Man 3 Is making.It's In Spider-man 3 and Last Stand terrority for me.Hell I am more Spider-man film and I never saw a trully good iflm worthy of comics till Amazing Spider-Man.

Sabtorging X-Men films marketing Isn't going to make me happy with Disney.

Now if Fox disappoints me with The Wolverine and DOFP I will critize them.
Hell I will be first to critize Fox If they cast a black Human Torch In FF.And
If DIsney/MS puts out a film that I like I will say good things about the product.

Old 05-23-2013, 10:40 PM   #98
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
I can explain it for you - or you can just read the HitFix article today describing growing animosity between FOX and Disney. It's in Disney/Marvel's best interest for FOX's X-Men films to continue their box office drop and allow Disney to regain their IP. There's no way Marvel is going to prop up FOX's films by linking them to the far more lucrative MCU. An Avengers -Justice League crossover can only help Marvel, and is therefore more likely. It's not "stupid" - it's just business.
And you're saying Marvel Studios would be more than willing to "prop up" the Justice League by making a team-up movie from the Distinguished Competition more so than they are with helping out their own properties (X-men)?

Considering WB is having trouble making movies for their superheroes NOT named Superman and Batman, making an Avengers/JLA team-up movie would inadvertently help DC with the rut they are in with launching some of their less-than-stellar JLA characters, which would inevitably extend into new individual character franchises.

Again, doesn't make any sense.

Old 05-23-2013, 10:59 PM   #99
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Even if the X-Men films to continue to drop at the box-office. FOX would just reboot the series and they could just release films with a small budget. And Marvel Studios might only get the movie rights back when they are already rebooting MCU.

In my opinion, they should just make a deal with each other and Sony too with Disney.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:06 PM   #100
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
And you're saying Marvel Studios would be more than willing to "prop up" the Justice League by making a team-up movie from the Distinguished Competition more so than they are with helping out their own properties (X-men)?

Considering WB is having trouble making movies for their superheroes NOT named Superman and Batman, making an Avengers/JLA team-up movie would inadvertently help DC with the rut they are in with launching some of their less-than-stellar JLA characters, which would inevitably extend into new individual character franchises.

Again, doesn't make any sense.
Whether Warner Brothers succeeds or fails at launching a Justice League franchise has no impact on the success of Marvel Studios films at the box office. Kevin Feige has stated this numerous times. What you appear to be failing to see is that the most valuable piece of the X-Men lies, at this time, in the film rights. Which Marvel doesn't have, having signed horribly lopsided deals back in the 90s. Disney/Marvel is best served by the X-Men franchise faltering and the film rights reverting to Marvel Studios. At which point they can relaunch the series in the MCU and start making money from their characters. Just because you're struggling to comprehend this simple logic doesn't mean it makes no sense.

Closed Thread