The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2013, 08:41 AM   #51
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,870
Default Re: Evan Peters Joins X-Men: DOFP as Quicksilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Well I'm not arguing against that. My problem is people complaining about the Maximoffs being in A2 over other heroes and them saying they fit better in X-Men films and that their characters are ruined without Magneto, none of which is even remotely close to being true.

Also, I don't think the general audience will even realize they're the same character. They will be completely different. In addition to the vast difference in their roles, the QS in DOFP will be American and won't be called Pietro and will be a mutant. The QS in A2 will not be called Quicksilver, will be british, and will be far more fleshed out and will have a completely different explanation for where his powers come from. The only similarity between them will be their powers.


I agree with this. Singer has said on record months ago that he's wanted to use Quicksilver and I expected him to use him in this movie. That said if he wanted t just use speed on film then he could have done Northstar.


While I'm sure he is okay, he is not Quicksilver. Them casting him just proves he will be little more than a glorified cameo and Singer is only interested in using Quicksilver's abilities on screen, not really the character itself. That "before he was an Avenger he was just a really fast kid" comment supports this as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
None of that is going to happen though. Quicksilver is going to be used in one action sequence in DOFP. It will basically be a glorified cameo.

And in any case, as I have said repeatedly, Fox cannot actually tell the twins' origin, only Marvel can. Fox does not own the righrs necessary to tell their origin. The twins' origin does not involve Magneto at all. The studio that would have to alter the twins' origins is Fox, not Marvel.

Those are a lot of assumptions, man. We don't know if Quicksilver will be just a glorified cameo in DOFP, and we don't know if he will be British, far more fleshed out, etc. in TA2.

That's like hearing that Singer wants Nightcrawler because he's the only one that could deliver an action scene he has in mind for X2(the White House scene). Aside from that, Nightcrawler was given enough screentime as a character while also getting a great action scene. But hey, you could be right. My point is that we don't know. All we heard was that Singer has a sequence in mind that he wanted to use Quicksilver in. That's it.

But, I digress.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Ant-Man, Fantastic Four
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, Doctor Strange, X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Deadpool, Shazam(?), Gareth Edwards' Star Wars, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:46 AM   #52
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,440
Default Re: Evan Peters Joins X-Men: DOFP as Quicksilver

Someones gonna be a glorified cameo in Dofp with its cast of characters. They have yet to balance that many mutants.


I'm expecting Marvel will put out a Stinger or cameo with Pietro in either Thor or Cap to beat Fox to the punch. They have alot of time to do that before DoFP comes out.


Last edited by def28; 05-24-2013 at 08:55 AM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:13 AM   #53
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick
 
Joeyjojo72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,670
Default Re: Evan Peters Joins X-Men: DOFP as Quicksilver

Yeah some of you are making baseless assumptions. We know NOTHING about the version of QS that will appear in TA2 and there are still plenty of questions about the QS in DOFP.

Singer's track record has been pretty meh (or worse) since X-2 and his only SH movie in that time was a train wreck of nostalgia and bad ideas. So I'm not really worried about this movie overshadowing the MCU in any way. My guess is that Singer understands that he's not top dog and that his movie isn't in any way competition for the MCU and he will make sure to coordinate whatever he's doing with this character with Marvel and Whedon to avoid any conflict.

Its a bit confusing at the moment, but they're going with "Baby Pietro" so its all good. I want grown ups in TA2 and the MCU in general. 30 somethings minimum. (though i get that its an advantage to cast actors in their late 20's given the length of the contracts).

__________________
Originally Posted by KangConquers

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Joeyjojo72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:18 AM   #54
DigificWriter
Side-Kick
 
DigificWriter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 3,422
Default Re: Evan Peters Joins X-Men: DOFP as Quicksilver

It's ludicrous how something that we already knew could happen - both studios being able to use the characters of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch - has morphed into this gigantic non-troversy.

The ONLY caveats Marvel is under when it comes to using the characters are that they can't use the word "mutant" or reference the characters' familial connection to Magneto.

END. OF. STORY.

DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:21 AM   #55
Aztec
Side-Kick
 
Aztec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 2,149
Default Re: Evan Peters Joins X-Men: DOFP as Quicksilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
It's ludicrous how something that we already knew could happen - both studios being able to use the characters of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch - has morphed into this gigantic non-troversy.

The ONLY caveats Marvel is under when it comes to using the characters are that they can't use the word "mutant" or reference the characters' familial connection to Magneto.

END. OF. STORY.
Dude, how can you miss the obvious "shot across the bow" that Fox is taking at Marvel here? This isn't a "non-troversy". It's a declaration of war!

__________________
Iron Man Captain America Thor Hulk
Black Widow Hawkeye Quicksilver Scarlet Witch Vision
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Superman Batman Wonder Woman
Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice
Aztec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:27 AM   #56
DigificWriter
Side-Kick
 
DigificWriter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 3,422
Default Re: Evan Peters Joins X-Men: DOFP as Quicksilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztec View Post
Dude, how can you miss the obvious "shot across the bow" that Fox is taking at Marvel here? This isn't a "non-troversy". It's a declaration of war!
What part of "Both Marvel and FOX can legally use the characters, with the only caveats that Marvel is under with regards to using the characters being that they can't use the word 'mutant' or reference their connection to Magneto" didn't you understand?

DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:48 AM   #57
Aztec
Side-Kick
 
Aztec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 2,149
Default Re: Evan Peters Joins X-Men: DOFP as Quicksilver

Easy killer. I'm aware of the contract but the fact is Whedon/Feige went out of their way to announce that QS/SW will be playing large roles in A2. Then suddenly out of nowhere Singer posts a taunting tweet with a direct reference to the Avengers announcing that his already filming, already jammed packed to the gills, DOFP has decided to add QS. Why? So they can say they did it first. And so they can steal a little spotlight from the ever powerful Marvel and maybe get some fanfare for their film.

That my friend is the "shot across the bow" I'm referring to.

__________________
Iron Man Captain America Thor Hulk
Black Widow Hawkeye Quicksilver Scarlet Witch Vision
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Superman Batman Wonder Woman
Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice
Aztec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:57 AM   #58
DigificWriter
Side-Kick
 
DigificWriter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 3,422
Default Re: Evan Peters Joins X-Men: DOFP as Quicksilver

^ How/when FOX chooses to exercise their usage rights to the characters of Quicksilver and/or Scarlet Witch has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on how/when Marvel Studios chooses to exercise their usage rights to the characters.

Looking at Singer's tweet and reading antagonism into it is exactly what I'm referring to when I talk about this entire thing being a non-troversy. Someone asked Singer to remove what most likely was in his mind just a simple joking, insider reference to the shared rights situation; that happens sometimes, and it's not a big deal.

DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:06 PM   #59
Artistsean
Monkey Boy
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 7,261
Default Re: Evan Peters Joins X-Men: DOFP as Quicksilver

Nothing against the X-films, but I feel Quicksilver will be handled better in Avengers anyway. And I always liked Beast and Scarlet Witch as Avengers than X-Men.

Artistsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:07 PM   #60
BoredGuy
Killing Time
 
BoredGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: the future past
Posts: 3,381
Default Re: Evan Peters Joins X-Men: DOFP as Quicksilver

but for two characters that nobody was exactly clamoring for to suddenly be announced in two seperate movies makes this fairly douchey
yes, it's not a controversy, in terms of both studios having the legal right to use them
but it is a pretty d*** move, on someone's part, most likely Fox, as I doubt singer is actively trying to screw Marvel

__________________
MOVIE STUDIO BATTING AVERAGES:
MARVEL- .800 WB- .412 FOX- .400 SONY- .429


BoredGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:18 PM   #61
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,958
Default Re: Evan Peters Joins X-Men: DOFP as Quicksilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Fox having to alter their origin won't be a huge deal. It's not hard to do when they're so easily adaptable to the X-Men universe.

I do think about things like that, lol. How do we know nothing Kree related and Captain Marvel won't be introduced before TA2? There is a strong chance of that with the GOTG movie coming out, and Carol even has a chance of being in that movie before she gets her powers.

And about the Ant-Man and Wasp thing, we don't know if Ant-Man will play like an origin movie or not. It's possible that TA2 could introduce them, and Ant-Man could continue their story. Order of appearances really don't matter in the movies at this point, because if they were going by that logic, Ant-Man and Wasp would have been in the first movie.
My point isn't that it will be a huge deal for Fox to change the origin. I don't care how Fox works them into their films, they can use them, more power to them. My point is that it's annoying to see people saying Marvel will have to change the origin and are the ones forcing the characters into their universe and how Magneto not being their father ruins the characters when it's the exact opposite. It shows a clear lack of knowledge about the characters' actual history and original role in the comics and as someone who does know it it's just extremely annoying to watch all this misinformation be spread across every corner of the fandom.

It's highly highly doubtful that Carol will be in GotG. What they'd have her show up for 5 seconds when Peter Quill is on Earth? Because she wouldn't be going into space with him. She's not Hawkeye, that kind of cameo would be hard to work in. And in context of what we know, do you really think they're going to add ANOTHER Avenger to A2? Highly doubtful. All that is indeed heresay though.

My overal point is that rushing to get out as many heroes in Avengers as possibly is just not a good idea and that people should be patient instead of complaining about other character who they don't understand or know a lot about benig used. It's a waste of potential if they try and jam pack all these characters into the films as quickly as possible.

And Feige and Edgar Wright have said Ant-Man is an origin film, so there's a pretty good chance it's an origin film. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Those are a lot of assumptions, man. We don't know if Quicksilver will be just a glorified cameo in DOFP, and we don't know if he will be British, far more fleshed out, etc. in TA2.
Except we know people with good sources have said so. Hitflix and SHH are where I'm getting that from. Quicksilver will be used for one action sequence (ie your usual glorified cameo in X-films), he will have a far larger role in A2, and Marvel and Whedon are looking to make SW/QS British. Unless you're saying these people who have been proven to have concrete sources are lying.

Quote:
That's like hearing that Singer wants Nightcrawler because he's the only one that could deliver an action scene he has in mind for X2(the White House scene). Aside from that, Nightcrawler was given enough screentime as a character while also getting a great action scene. But hey, you could be right. My point is that we don't know. All we heard was that Singer has a sequence in mind that he wanted to use Quicksilver in. That's it.

But, I digress.
The article specifically said he would only be used for one action scene though and implied he would not have a big role in the film at all, which we know is very likely considering how late they cast him and how many characters are already in the film, and the fact the writer specifically said Marvel has far bigger plans for the character while this is partly nose thumbing on Fox's part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
Its a bit confusing at the moment, but they're going with "Baby Pietro" so its all good. I want grown ups in TA2 and the MCU in general. 30 somethings minimum. (though i get that its an advantage to cast actors in their late 20's given the length of the contracts).
According to SHH Whedon and Mavel are looking to make the Maximoffs younger.


Last edited by Mr. Dent; 05-24-2013 at 12:26 PM.
Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:20 PM   #62
DigificWriter
Side-Kick
 
DigificWriter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 3,422
Default Re: Evan Peters Joins X-Men: DOFP as Quicksilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
but for two characters that nobody was exactly clamoring for to suddenly be announced in two seperate movies makes this fairly douchey
yes, it's not a controversy, in terms of both studios having the legal right to use them
but it is a pretty d*** move, on someone's part, most likely Fox, as I doubt singer is actively trying to screw Marvel
Even if you want to consider the timing of Singer's tweet to be a little bit suspect, it doesn't matter because, as I said, how/when one studio exercises its usage rights to the characters has absolutely zero bearing on how/when the other studio exercises its usage rights to the characters.

@Mr. Dent: I read the article to which you're referring and didn't see anything in it that says that Quicksilver is only going to be used for one scene; all it says is that there's one specific scene for which he's ideally suited and in which he will be prominently featured. End. of. Story.


Last edited by DigificWriter; 05-24-2013 at 12:24 PM.
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:20 PM   #63
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,440
Default Re: Evan Peters Joins X-Men: DOFP as Quicksilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
but it is a pretty d*** move, on someone's part, most likely Fox, as I doubt singer is actively trying to screw Marvel
Who knows. A character with fast speed may be crucial in Singers script and he doesn't want to budge from it.

If this didn't happen and the hitfix article is dead on, there sounds like there may have been a way for both companies to work together. But this is most likely gonna destroy any chances of that happening if there ever was one. So Quicksilver better be worth it either way in DofP.


Last edited by def28; 05-24-2013 at 12:34 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:24 PM   #64
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.
 
The Question's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hub City
Posts: 39,176
Default Re: Evan Peters Joins X-Men: DOFP as Quicksilver

I said this in the main Quicksilver thread and I'll say it here: This whole thing is starting to feel very staged to me. Joss Whedon announces Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch are going to be in Avengers 2. Just a month later, Bryan Singer announces that Quicksilver is going to be in Days of Future Past and that the part has been cast. Just a day later, Marvel leaks their top pick actress for Scarlet Witch. That doesn't seem like two companies scrambling to one up each other, that seems like a premeditated media strategy. It feels to me like there's a plan, that both parties involved are in on it, and that they're just being coy about the details to drum up free publicity.

__________________
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:28 PM   #65
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,958
Default Re: Evan Peters Joins X-Men: DOFP as Quicksilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
I said this in the main Quicksilver thread and I'll say it here: This whole thing is starting to feel very staged to me. Joss Whedon announces Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch are going to be in Avengers 2. Just a month later, Bryan Singer announces that Quicksilver is going to be in Days of Future Past and that the part has been cast. Just a day later, Marvel leaks their top pick actress for Scarlet Witch. That doesn't seem like two companies scrambling to one up each other, that seems like a premeditated media strategy. It feels to me like there's a plan, that both parties involved are in on it, and that they're just being coy about the details to drum up free publicity.
If you're trying to imply they're working together, lol no. I don't buy into this being some kind of war between the two like other people, but it's extremely unlikely that this is some kind of coordinated plan. Also Marvel did not leak their number one pick today so what are you talking about?

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:29 PM   #66
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.
 
The Question's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hub City
Posts: 39,176
Default Re: Evan Peters Joins X-Men: DOFP as Quicksilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
40 years?? It was retconned in 1982. It's not at all established in their background, I can't stress that enough. Magneto has absolutely nothing to do with the twins' backstory whatsoever beyond birthing them, which is not an essential or wanted element to their characters in the first place. He plays no role in who they become as adults, he plays no role in their classic tenure as Avengers, the era Joss read when he was a kid, and the retcon only served to take the characters in a different direction than what they were originally intended for because that storyline had run its course and was getting stagnant.
I disagree with that sentiment. Even before it was retconned that he was their father, he was still cast as something of a father-figure to them and their relationship with him was a pretty big deal for both characters.

__________________
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:33 PM   #67
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,958
Default Re: Evan Peters Joins X-Men: DOFP as Quicksilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
Even if you want to consider the timing of Singer's tweet to be a little bit suspect, it doesn't matter because, as I said, how/when one studio exercises its usage rights to the characters has absolutely zero bearing on how/when the other studio exercises its usage rights to the characters.

@Mr. Dent: I read the article to which you're referring and didn't see anything in it that says that Quicksilver is only going to be used for one scene; all it says is that there's one specific scene for which he's ideally suited and in which he will be prominently featured. End. of. Story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitflix
Singer has just cast Evan Peters as Quicksilver for "X-Men: Days Of Future Past." He's shooting first, so presumably, he will win the showdown in terms of being the first to define the character on film. Marvel has larger plans for the character, though, and wants to use him for more than just one action sequence. The way the arrangement works, Marvel Studios cannot refer to the character as a "mutant," and they can't mention Magneto at all. Likewise, Fox can't make any reference to The Avengers in their film.
I don't see how this is refutable. He says it in no unclear terms right here that Marvel has larger plans for the character and he will only be used for one action sequence in DOFP.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:35 PM   #68
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.
 
The Question's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hub City
Posts: 39,176
Default Re: Evan Peters Joins X-Men: DOFP as Quicksilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
If you're trying to imply they're working together, lol no. I don't buy into this being some kind of war between the two like other people, but it's extremely unlikely that this is some kind of coordinated plan. Also Marvel did not leak their number one pick today so what are you talking about?
Why do you say that?

As for the leak, I actually misread an article about the rumors surrounding Scarlet Witch casting. While it's entirely possible that the rumor is in fact the result of a deliberate leak, there's no actual evidence for that so please discount that comment for the time being.

__________________
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:36 PM   #69
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.
 
The Question's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hub City
Posts: 39,176
Default Re: Evan Peters Joins X-Men: DOFP as Quicksilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I don't see how this is refutable. He says it in no unclear terms right here that Marvel has larger plans for the character and he will only be used for one action sequence in DOFP.
It's refutable because there's no source cited. It's pure speculation.

__________________
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:38 PM   #70
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,958
Default Re: Evan Peters Joins X-Men: DOFP as Quicksilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
I disagree with that sentiment. Even before it was retconned that he was their father, he was still cast as something of a father-figure to them and their relationship with him was a pretty big deal for both characters.
And I disagree with that. Maybe later on as they had already decided to go with the retcon, and even then I don't think so, but not before then. They were being lied to and blackmailed into joining the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, and were saved from being hurt by people just like Magneto saves every mutant. They left when they realized Magneto was really the bad guy. And that's still irrelevant to me, because up until before they gain their powers he has no role in their lives at all. The people who they are in A2 can be the same as they were from the comics because Magneto had no role in who they became.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:40 PM   #71
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,958
Default Re: Evan Peters Joins X-Men: DOFP as Quicksilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
It's refutable because there's no source cited. It's pure speculation.
What? So you're saying the writer is lying despite the fact that we know Drew McWeeny is more than credible on these things? That's like saying a writer for THR or Deadline is lying/speculating. He syas in no uncertain terms that Fox is using him in one action scene and Marvel has larger plans for the character.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:42 PM   #72
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.
 
The Question's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hub City
Posts: 39,176
Default Re: Evan Peters Joins X-Men: DOFP as Quicksilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
And I disagree with that. Maybe later on as they had already decided to go with the retcon, and even then I don't think so, but not before then. They were being lied to and blackmailed into joining the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, and were saved from being hurt by people just like Magneto saves every mutant. They left when they realized Magneto was really the bad guy. And that's still irrelevant to me, because up until before they gain their powers he has no role in their lives at all. The people who they are in A2 can be the same as they were from the comics because Magneto had no role in who they became.
I said he was a father figure. I didn't say he was a good one.

And he absolutely had a role in who they became. Because of Magneto they became actively involved in the affairs of the world. Because of Magneto they were branded as terrorists by the authorities. Because of Magneto they had to seek to redeem themselves in the eyes of the public. Just because he wasn't around until they were young adults doesn't mean he didn't have an impact on who they became.

__________________
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:45 PM   #73
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.
 
The Question's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hub City
Posts: 39,176
Default Re: Evan Peters Joins X-Men: DOFP as Quicksilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
What? So you're saying the writer is lying despite the fact that we know Drew McWeeny is more than credible on these things? That's like saying a writer for THR or Deadline is lying/speculating. He syas in no uncertain terms that Fox is using him in one action scene and Marvel has larger plans for the character.
I'm not saying he's lying, I'm saying that he's speculating.

He says those things in no uncertain terms, but he doesn't say where he got that information from. If he doesn't cite sources then there's no reason to think this is anything but speculation. If it was, then he would cite sources. That's how journalism works. That's how journalists establish credibility.

Also, reporters from THR and Deadline speculate all the time.

__________________
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:59 PM   #74
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,958
Default Re: Evan Peters Joins X-Men: DOFP as Quicksilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
I said he was a father figure. I didn't say he was a good one.

And he absolutely had a role in who they became. Because of Magneto they became actively involved in the affairs of the world. Because of Magneto they were branded as terrorists by the authorities. Because of Magneto they had to seek to redeem themselves in the eyes of the public. Just because he wasn't around until they were young adults doesn't mean he didn't have an impact on who they became.
And Magneto is not essential for any of that. Them simply being villains in A2 accomplishes all of that. Magneto is not an essential aspect of the characters when it comes to their original role in the Avengers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
I'm not saying he's lying, I'm saying that he's speculating.
How is that any different? He specifically says Fox is going to use him in one action sequence and Marvel has bigger plans. There are no uncertain terms to it. He's not saying "I think" or "maybe". He's saying "it is". He's saying it as fact. He's not saying it as speculation.

Quote:
He says those things in no uncertain terms, but he doesn't say where he got that information from. If he doesn't cite sources then there's no reason to think this is anything but speculation. If it was, then he would cite sources. That's how journalism works. That's how journalists establish credibility.
So again you're saying he's lying. He doesn't have to site sources, he's a proven writer who is good on these scoops. Again, what you're doing is the equivalent of saying a THR and Deadline scoop is speculation/lying. No one sites sources on these scoops for obvious reasons, we just know their credible when what they report comes true, and he has been proven. You're really reaching.

Quote:
Also, reporters from THR and Deadline speculate all the time.
lol. You're reaching.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:07 PM   #75
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.
 
The Question's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hub City
Posts: 39,176
Default Re: Evan Peters Joins X-Men: DOFP as Quicksilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
How is that any different? He specifically says Fox is going to use him in one action sequence and Marvel has bigger plans. There are no uncertain terms to it. He's not saying "I think" or "maybe". He's saying "it is". He's saying it as fact. He's not saying it as speculation.
This is kind of splitting hairs, but I think lying implies that you know for certain that what you're saying is untrue. Stating what you think is probably true as a fact is speculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
So again you're saying he's lying. He doesn't have to site sources, he's a proven writer who is good on these scoops. Again, what you're doing is the equivalent of saying a THR and Deadline scoop is speculation/lying. No one sites sources on these scoops for obvious reasons, we just know their credible when what they report comes true, and he has been proven. You're really reaching.
First of all, you always have to cite sources. Without source citation there's no reason for anyone to assume that what you're saying is correct. Even the most credible journalists make mistakes and without credible sources then for all anyone knows they made one this time.

Second, I'm not reaching and I'm not saying he's lying. I'm saying I don't have any reason to assume that what he's saying is true. Until what he's saying is verified by a source then I'm not going to take it as an absolute fact.

I'm not discounting the notion that he could be correct, but without hard evidence to back it up then, for wall we know, it's just as likely that he's wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
lol. You're reaching.
Nope.

Also, why did you type "lol?" Did you actually laugh out loud while you were typing that? If so, that's really weird.

__________________
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by The Question; 05-24-2013 at 01:11 PM.
The Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.