The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

View Poll Results: Rating for The Avengers?
10 134 59.29%
9 57 25.22%
8 28 12.39%
7 5 2.21%
6 0 0%
5 1 0.44%
4 0 0%
3 1 0.44%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-05-2012, 07:51 AM   #176
Cpt. Backslash

Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for Marvel's The Avengers! (TAG SPOILERS!!!) -

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I do agree with some that say that after multiple viewings, the flaws in this film are more noticeable this time around than they were during our first viewings when we were riding high off of the release and success of the film.

I do feel like that the film could have and should have been more bigger.

It should have been more chaotic, more brutal, and I think that they should have gotten a better cinematographer or something since there are a few scenes that really looked flat at times.
Hmm, I can see your point. Personally I watched it once on dvd on a big flat-screen instead of my smaller computer.

I agree with that the film should more chaotic and brutal. But I think we're going see more of that in Avengers 2, where it seems they're going to introduce a more powerful enemy who's obsessed with death.

Maybe there's also more room for developing the characters' relationships. I would like to see more of that.

Cpt. Backslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:20 AM   #177
Lei D Loki
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for Marvel's The Avengers! (TAG SPOILERS!!!) -

Even as a Loki fan, I can agree that Loki's fight scenes underwhelmed me. Even in the Thor movie. I don't blame the actors, I blame the fight choreographers. They need to get better fight choreographers if they are going to insist that Loki be more a physical fighter than a magical one. I would prefer more magic than physical fighting though.

The Hawkeye/Black Widow fight was well done, IMO.

Lei D Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:34 PM   #178
DarknessOfDeath
Saving the Galaxy...

I wasn't able to vote...but anyway.. yeah I totally was digging the hawkeye/black widow fight scene. well done!!

Old 10-08-2012, 11:31 PM   #179
DarknessOfDeath
Saving the Galaxy...

Question...where does the first part of the Avengers take place?? I know its one of the shield bases but where? New Mexico??

Old 10-09-2012, 01:57 AM   #180
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessOfDeath View Post
Question...where does the first part of the Avengers take place?? I know its one of the shield bases but where? New Mexico??
I don't recall the movie ever specifying the exact location of the SHIELD/NASA base. The tie-in comic book also featured the base, but I think it only placed it outside Albuquerque. Anyone else remember?

The comic also explained how the Destroyer armor fell into SHIELD's hands. After Thor defeated the Destroyer and returned to Asgard, Hawkeye and a team of agents found the armor abandoned in the street where it fell. Coulson had it hauled away to an airfield and flown to a SHIELD facility, where it was studied for a year before they figured out how it worked. Once Coulson saw the energy beam fire, he ordered the main scientist to "shrink it down and put a trigger on it". That's how he got his BFG.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:25 AM   #181
DarknessOfDeath
Saving the Galaxy...

well i just put New Mexico in my story...does that work? and I mentioned home base...in the follow up my new story...lol.

Old 10-22-2012, 12:16 PM   #182
Cpt. Backslash

It's a good movie but I couldn't help feeling a bit disappointed afterwards. I'm in a phase in my where life where I value good story and character development in movies, especially superhero-movies, and the Avengers is lacking in both. That's, of course, the point of the 'prequels', so they didn't have to worry about it, when making the Avengers. But with all the hype and anticipation I was just hoping for... more.
In end there's really nothing new in this movie, and it ends up feeling like one of the prequels with a little bigger action scenes and less story and character development.
I find solace in the fact that a superhero-movie of this magnitude had that much succes and was even possible, and the promise that makes for the future of the genre. This opens doors for even more and better superhero-movies with bigger budgets for better writers and actors. We're entering some exciting times if you're into that stuff.

Cpt. Backslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:22 PM   #183
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt. Backslash View Post
It's a good movie but I couldn't help feeling a bit disappointed afterwards. I'm in a phase in my where life where I value good story and character development in movies, especially superhero-movies, and the Avengers is lacking in both. That's, of course, the point of the 'prequels', so they didn't have to worry about it, when making the Avengers. But with all the hype and anticipation I was just hoping for... more.
In end there's really nothing new in this movie, and it ends up feeling like one of the prequels with a little bigger action scenes and less story and character development.
I find solace in the fact that a superhero-movie of this magnitude had that much succes and was even possible, and the promise that makes for the future of the genre. This opens doors for even more and better superhero-movies with bigger budgets for better writers and actors. We're entering some exciting times if you're into that stuff.
I understand that. And while I enjoy the movie greatly, I definitely agree that is the weak point of the film.

Old 10-26-2012, 02:14 PM   #184
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessOfDeath View Post
well i just put New Mexico in my story...does that work? and I mentioned home base...in the follow up my new story...lol.
I don't ever think they SAID where it was SUPPOSED to be at. PERSONALLY I was thinking somewhere in Texas where the shuttles would sometimes land.
But the actual Tesseract "lab" Where you first see Selvig, Barton and Fury is in Ohio. It's a vacume chamber of NASA's. (having a brainfart on the name tho)

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:04 PM   #185
Sun_Down
Groovy

Upon second viewing, I think I'll up my rating from 7 to 8. I think I was initially disappointed because I was so excited for TDKR and Avengers was such a different animal. But it's really a very solid action movie with a little bit of heart. Watching it now, I really appreciate how tightly scripted it was and how amazing an achievement it really was.

Old 01-04-2013, 07:23 AM   #186
First Avenger
Side-Kick

IDK,I've seen the movie like 10 times thus far,and it's still hard for me to find problems with it. Heck,the more I see it,the more I love it.

First Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:08 AM   #187
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

My list is about the Same and yes I've seen the Phantom I just haven't bought the dvd/bluray yet. I want the Spirit too, kind of debating on Dick Tracy. I love that era of hero/detective movie.

....to every King.

Old 05-24-2013, 06:15 PM   #188
regwec
Shakespearo

I just saw this for the 1.2nd time (I lasted about 20 minutes the first time, but I was seriously tired).

I found it to be pathetic. It has a decent cast (except Renner), and much of the comicbook imagery is well realised. But everything else was, in my opinion, so superficial and lightweight that I almost found it difficult to keep my eyes on the screen. It was like a menagerie of 200 mediocre moments from 200 mediocre movies.

Its only real merit- in my opinion- is getting a number of comicbook heroes on the screen at the same time. I find it depressing that the first attempt to do this was so hollow and vapid.

In my opinion, etc.

Old 05-25-2013, 04:55 AM   #189
divan
Side-Kick

One of my favorite Superhero movies.

divan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:38 AM   #190
Merlo
Banned User

In terms of story, the movie isn't definitely light weight.

Merlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:41 AM   #191
Marvel_SKE
Side-Kick

Hi there...I'm new here...
and i don't know where to start, so i guess i decided this thread will be the starting place for my first post...

I always loved Marvel... and coming from a country that American comic character doesn't have such huge popularity (because in my country has own superheroes after all), Marvel has changed my life so much in the past 3 years, and how The Avengers also changed our audience's likeness towards the American superhero characters when it released here in Japan a year ago...It became a phenomena that now Captain America, Thor, Hulk, and especially Iron Man's popularity got a significance boost here in Japan since The Avengers...(prior to The Avengers, the only Marvel character that has popularity here was Spider-Man and X-Men, but now.. from what i saw, everybody here found that Cap was cool, Hulk was god!!, Iron Man is the boss, etc.

What amazed me was that many girls in our country (mostly high school girls) has been attracted especially for Loki & Thor, if you follow my Twitter @MarvelSKE (please do follow if don't mind ) , you will found that there is an account for TomHiddlestonFansJapan, ChrisHemsLoveJapan.. (笑) and also an account dedicated for RDJ (in Japanese) also..

And for me, the most amazing thing about The Avengers was the fact that The Avengers' Box Office gross in our country far outmatched Kamen Rider & Super Sentai's movie (again, prior to The Avengers, outside Spider-Man, it rare for an American superhero movie to outgrossed our local superhero movie)...the latest Iron Man 3 also did well here...last time i checked, it already surpassed 30 millions here)..

I'm looking forward to discuss many things here with other Marvel fans here and everyone in this forum...よろしくお願いします^^
(last, big sorry... should be any error in my English..)

Marvel_SKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:24 AM   #192
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Welcome bored SKE!!
It's great to have people from all over the world in our halls. I was actually curious how many theaters there were open after the tsunami. We never did find that out here. Just that everyone there loved Avengers lol

....to every King.

Old 05-29-2013, 07:52 AM   #193
Endeavor
Que bolŠ con el timbeque?

Welcome SKE
Dozo yoroshiku

Old 05-31-2013, 12:32 AM   #194
Marvel_SKE
Side-Kick

@Vartha:
Thanks!
a 2011 event indeed was the most grieving moment in our country, but as far as i can tell, it did not gave any impact whatsoever to movie/theatre business, especially in center/western area which where i live...expect maybe for cancellation or delay's release date of some movie and TV Show that showed the glimpse image of disaster similar or close of what happened to Tohoku area. (Even now, the image of that still a very sensitive issue for most of our people). Thanks for your concern..

@Endeavor:
Kochira Koso, Yoroshiku~

Old 05-31-2013, 08:22 AM   #195
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Glad to here some kind of every day life continued there.
In MY area of the States we've had Tornados on Thursday for the last 3 weeks! We had another lastnight!

....to every King.

Old 05-31-2013, 09:52 AM   #196
Endeavor

SKE - Is life back to normal in the Tohoku region? Are there still any radiation concerns?
Vartha - I live in hurricane central and I still don't think I'd feel okay living in tornado alley.
Those things are so random and unpredictable
Hope things calm down for the rest of the season.

Old 05-31-2013, 01:28 PM   #197
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Well tonight is SUPPOSED to be more storms but they say there's suppose to be more flooding than tornados.
I've been outside with no way of leaving areas before and tornados touch down very close by, and not just down here. There were a few that hit just north of a Renaissance Faire on the Wis./ILL. border for a couple years in a row. That's the worse place to be really out in a field with a bunch of wooden structures

Just seems ODD that the last three weeks in the area the tornados have been on THORSDAY

....to every King.

Last edited by Vartha; 05-31-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:11 PM   #198
Doc Ock
1951-2014

I hate Summer time in Tornado Alley, people wonder why I say I love Winter the most...

Old 05-31-2013, 05:27 PM   #199
Endeavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Just seems ODD that the last three weeks in the area the tornados have been on THORSDAY
Ha!

Old 06-07-2013, 05:00 AM   #200
Marvel_SKE
Side-Kick

@Endeavor: the construction there has made a good progress, so, the house, the buildings, farmers, the temples has already been re-build, and the activity slowly re-emerge and become normal again...
although the trauma still hangs, but the spirit and prayer from around the country had helped the people and constructions there ...

the nuclear things hasn't become a major impact nowdays (though the radiation stills become a major problem especially for the people who lives near Tohoku in north, but at least not as worrying as the first it leaked..hopefully as our new prime minister promised when he elected again last december, the reactor could be fully cooled off by the end of 2016), Now, everyday, i watch the news or newspaper, the problem concerns more about Island dispute..><

@Vartha:
Yes, I knew about the tornado that hit America a week ago and also Boston bombing also made a headlines in here...so sad there were so many catastrophe event recently...

Last edited by Marvel_SKE; 06-07-2013 at 05:15 AM.