The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

View Poll Results: How many more movies w/ Original Cast do you want?
X4 (Just one more movie with full original cast) 7 38.89%
X4 & X5 4 22.22%
X4, X5 & X6 (A new trilogy) 5 27.78%
more 2 11.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-23-2013, 12:42 AM   #76
def28
Side-Kick

Default Re: How many more movies would you like with >Original Cast<?

I hope that FF VS X Men Crossover never happenes. Besides just focusing on proving they can actually make a decent FF film, the FF should only cross over into a SS film. Crossing over FF and X-Men is just screaming we are desperate for Avengers money. And it wont work.

Multiple X Films that build up and crossover into AOA is a much stronger way to go about any sort of crossover for X-Men. Theres actual reasoning for it with how large that world and story is.

def28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:39 AM   #77
Angamb
Banned User

Another X-men crossover would be awesome, and a great way to close this series at the end of the decade or early next one (whenever they want to end it)

But to have a final crossover with another appearance by original cast more latest additions like Bishop, Blink and a few more new characters from the comics would be Amazing

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:14 AM   #78
Hellion
He's Not Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I want five more! For me, DOFP is X4.

So X5, X6, X7, X8 and X9.

X9 as the final movie! Well FOX should end this series with the original cast.
While I share this same sentiment, realistically I could see one-two more movies with the original cast.

Old 05-23-2013, 09:24 AM   #79
Angamb
Banned User

yeah, much more realistic, while still awesome.

6 movies with original cast would be IMPRESSIVE, and such a great saga.

We'll see what happens

Old 05-23-2013, 09:33 AM   #80
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

2015: complete Wolverine trilogy
2016: complete First Class trilogy
2017: X4 last movie with original cast (Apocalypse?)

You can't hold on to these actors forever. That's very expensive and many have a hard time freeing their schedules for the same production.

Last edited by MessiahDecoy123; 05-23-2013 at 11:18 AM. Reason: needed to swap dates
MessiahDecoy123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:38 AM   #81
Angamb
Banned User

that sounds good... but... how could they release a Fc sequel on 2015 without having the movie on preproduction now with a script and a director already?

in any case, for 2016, since they could have enough time for a decent film

Old 05-23-2013, 11:00 AM   #82
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

i think the OT will do 2 more films after DOFP, apocalypse and another

that way it will equal out to 6 films with the OT

i'm thinking FC cast will do 1 more possibly

and

1 more wolverine film

Old 05-23-2013, 11:16 AM   #83
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
that sounds good... but... how could they release a Fc sequel on 2015 without having the movie on preproduction now with a script and a director already?

in any case, for 2016, since they could have enough time for a decent film
Yeah you're right.

I need to switch the dates for the Wolverine and First Class threequels.

MessiahDecoy123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:29 PM   #84
Angamb
Banned User

I guess we wont have a x-men related movie on 2015, more than likely. 2016 is a mistery to me, tho. I have a strong feeling that Fox will move quickly from now.

Last edited by Angamb; 05-23-2013 at 01:32 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:38 PM   #85
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:

I guess we wont have a x-men related movie on 2015, more than likely. 2016 is a mistery to me, tho. I have a strong feeling that Fox will move quickly from now.
I think we will get an X-Men flick of some sort in 2015. FF is coming out in March so Fox will want a summer flick . June is pretty empty so far. They are probably waiting to see how Wolverine does before anything gets green lit.

Old 05-23-2013, 06:37 PM   #86
Angamb
Banned User

you have a point.

But a x-men related movie every year?

Not sure if Fox will start doing it soo soon. I mean:

2013. The Wolverine
2014. DOFP
2015. another movie

feels like too much too fast. One year to let the audience rest about the x-men world and let the hype grown for next year would be a good move, I think.

Old 05-23-2013, 06:40 PM   #87
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

If they can keep up a level of quality I'd like to see them make as many as they can.

Kathrynn Winnick for Wonder Woman
SlamAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:41 PM   #88
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamAdams View Post
If they can keep up a level of quality I'd like to see them make as many as they can.
If they can make money, they will for sure.

Old 05-23-2013, 09:38 PM   #89
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
While I share this same sentiment, realistically I could see one-two more movies with the original cast.
Its just my dreamlist but I don't really see FOX wanting to end this series without the original cast before they make a reboot. But yeah at this point, realistically, two more films with the OT cast after DOFP is possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
You can't hold on to these actors forever. That's very expensive and many have a hard time freeing their schedules for the same production.
Who knows if the original cast were signed again for a 3-picture deal when they signed up for DOFP.

Quote:

But FOX will release a Fantastic Four film in 2015. Thats enough to fill the gap. But FOX should now reserve a 2016 release date for the 8th X-Men movie. They already reserved some dates in 2016 for their animated films.

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:22 AM   #90
Angamb
Banned User

agree.

A 2016 X-Men movie would be awesome. And I personally think a x-men movie next year after an Avengers sequel is really smart, because all that audience leaves the theatre hungry for more team movies, so X-Men franchise will take advantage of it, Im sure.

Old 05-24-2013, 11:55 AM   #91
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I think 2017 Is more likely for next full X-Men film.It usually takes 3 years after last Installment.

I am compaing the Wolverine taking 4 years after Origins.

If Dealpool happens It would be In 2016.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:12 PM   #92
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
I hope that FF VS X Men Crossover never happenes. Besides just focusing on proving they can actually make a decent FF film, the FF should only cross over into a SS film. Crossing over FF and X-Men is just screaming we are desperate for Avengers money. And it wont work.

Multiple X Films that build up and crossover into AOA is a much stronger way to go about any sort of crossover for X-Men. Theres actual reasoning for it with how large that world and story is.
Actually the more I think about a cross-over film with the X-Men and the Fantastic Four, the more I think that its gonna be possible and I think there's potential there.

Imagine, the Fantastic Four and 4 to 6 members of the X-Men (like Wolverine, Storm, Iceman, Colossus, etc) working together, maybe in space. Then the main protagonists are Magneto, Dr. Doom and another huge villain like Galactus. I think it could be epic and could be a big hit at the box-office especially if the Fantastic Four reboot became a big success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
I think 2017 Is more likely for next full X-Men film.It usually takes 3 years after last Installment. I am compaing the Wolverine taking 4 years after Origins. If Dealpool happens It would be In 2016.
I think they need to stop this 3-years gap especially if they are just gonna continue with the original cast (I don't see the Deadpool movie being released). The original cast is not getting any younger and every year, there's like a new franchise and sometimes, the general audience are fickle and they lose interest if the gap between the movies is a bit long.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:39 AM   #93
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Actually the more I think about a cross-over film with the X-Men and the Fantastic Four, the more I think that its gonna be possible and I think there's potential there.

Imagine, the Fantastic Four and 4 to 6 members of the X-Men (like Wolverine, Storm, Iceman, Colossus, etc) working together, maybe in space. Then the main protagonists are Magneto, Dr. Doom and another huge villain like Galactus. I think it could be epic and could be a big hit at the box-office especially if the Fantastic Four reboot became a big success.
Out of all the X-Men films your against being made, this is the one you want to happen? X-Men Vs Galactus is over in a second. Unless your the Phoenix. Leave that stuff to the Silver Surfer and FF. The last thing they need is to finally have a good movie and then have the X-Men steal some of their thunder when they don't need to.

I have no problem with characters showing up in other films if they are needed but there is no reason for a FF vs X-Men the movie. FF makes less then the X Men films. The second one couldnt even get to 300WW and your talking big box office? Plus FF2 had Surfer and actually solid trailers. That franchise has to get damn good for awhile before it finds a new audience.

Last edited by def28; 05-25-2013 at 12:45 AM.
Old 05-25-2013, 12:55 AM   #94
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Out of all the X-Men films your against being made, this is the one you want to happen? X-Men Vs Galactus is over in a second. Unless your the Phoenix. Leave that stuff to the Silver Surfer and FF. The last thing they need is to finally have a good movie and then have the X-Men steal some of their thunder when they don't need to.

I have no problem with characters showing up in other films if they are needed but there is no reason for a FF vs X-Men the movie. FF makes less then the X Men films. The second one couldnt even get to 300WW and your talking big box office? Plus FF2 had Surfer and actually solid trailers. That franchise has to get damn good for awhile before it finds a new audience.
Thats why they should come-up with a great story. And I said IF the Fantastic Four became a big success, then their cross-over film could be a hit. The first two Fantastic Films from FOX don't count anymore since the series is getting rebooted now.

And yes I would rather want to see a cross-over film with X-Men and Fantastic Four than the list of spin-offs that you want. I think it would appeal more than a cross-over film with the X-Men, New Mutants, Deadpool, New X-Men, X-Force and X-Factor.

Old 05-25-2013, 01:01 AM   #95
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
And yes I would rather want to see a cross-over film with X-Men and Fantastic Four than the list of spin-offs that you want. I think it would appeal more than a cross-over film with the X-Men, New Mutants, Deadpool, New X-Men, X-Force and X-Factor.
No it wouldn't and thers nothing to prove otherwise, FC made more money and its roster is weak. X-Men have always made more then FF box office wise.

What would they even call a FF X-Men mash up?

Old 05-25-2013, 01:08 AM   #96
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

If you adjust the ticket prices, FF/FFROTSS made more money than First Class at domestic-box office. So you're wrong about FC making more money, LOL!

http://boxofficemojo.com/franchises/...yr=2013&p=.htm

And the main reason why I prefer X-Men to have a cross-over film with Fantastic Four than the other X-Teams is because, besides the X-Men, Fantastic Four is the other major comic-book property of FOX when it comes to making a film adaptation.

Anyway, Fantastic Four should have a successful trilogy first before the cross-over with X-Men happens.

Old 05-25-2013, 01:12 AM   #97
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
If you adjust the ticket prices, FF/FFROTSS made more money than First Class at domestic-box office. So you're wrong about FC making more money, LOL!

http://boxofficemojo.com/franchises/...yr=2013&p=.htm

And the main reason why I prefer X-Men to have a cross-over film with Fantastic Four than the other X-Teams is because, besides the X-Men, Fantastic Four is the other major comic-book property of FOX when it comes to making a film adaptation.
Thats domestic gross only. Regardless, the movies are close in box office and the 2nd film made a drop for the FF with the same exact crew and characters involved.

Deadpool himself sells more then the FF comic book nowadays. And again What would you even call a FF/X-Men film?

Last edited by def28; 05-25-2013 at 01:21 AM.
Old 05-25-2013, 01:24 AM   #98
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Thats domestic gross only.

Deadpool himself sells more then the FF comic book nowadays. And again What would you even call a FF/X-Men film?
And as if worldwide grosses don't increase ticket prices. And the Fantastic Four movies weren't as good as the X-Men films. But if they were, who knows what would have happened.

And the reason why I think FF would be more appealing than Deadpool in a cross-over film with X-Men, is FF is a superhero team just like the X-Men.

Anyway, after the X-Men movies, the Spider-Man films with Sam Raimi were my 2nd favorite movie series based on Marvel characters and third was Fantastic Four.

But since there's an upcoming reboot for FF, I'm not interested with the Amazing Spider-Man films and I don't really have a favorite character in MCU. This upcoming Fantastic Four reboot could be my 2nd most favorite movie series (based on Marvel characters) after X-Men. So if the FF reboot turned out to be great and successful, I would like to see a cross-over film with the X-Men.

And I would call their film: "X-Men & Fantastic Four".

Old 05-25-2013, 01:29 AM   #99
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
But since there's an upcoming reboot for FF, I'm not interested with the Amazing Spider-Man films and I don't really have a favorite character in MCU. This upcoming Fantastic Four reboot could be my 2nd most favorite movie series (based on Marvel characters) after X-Men. So if the FF reboot turned out to be great and successful, I would like to see a cross-over film with the X-Men.
Fair enough.

Old 05-25-2013, 01:38 AM   #100
SoNicRaDiATioN
warming the ocean cold

Quote:
Thats domestic gross only.

4X

4X the fun..
4X the action...
4X the danger.....
4X the adventure......

I'm with you, give me a Deadpool and X-Force film over this crossover. I'm a fan of Marvel's first family, but I don't see a potential crossover for a long time. They need to really get the franchise up off the mat first.

SoNicRaDiATioN is offline   Reply With Quote