The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 05-25-2013, 10:02 PM   #101
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 2

I had no issues with X1 so im not sure who you are referring to, I just said with each movie his role was greater. I thought X1 was well balanced out introducing all the XMen and all,plus I got to see my fav come out of that elevator looking like the goddess she is wrecking havok. X2 did play inot his storyline well, and maybe its just X3 im having a problem with because it was oversaturated with Wolverine.

BeholdMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:05 PM   #102
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
how would you guys react if Singer ends tweeting this soon?

?
Oh here we go again.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:08 PM   #103
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeholdMe View Post
I had no issues with X1 so im not sure who you are referring to, I just said with each movie his role was greater. I thought X1 was well balanced out introducing all the XMen and all,plus I got to see my fav come out of that elevator looking like the goddess she is wrecking havok. X2 did play inot his storyline well, and maybe its just X3 im having a problem with because it was oversaturated with Wolverine.
Yeah its just X3, though I think Cyclops would have gotten a bigger role if James Marsden didn't sign up for Superman Returns.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:17 PM   #104
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Yeah its just X3, though I think Cyclops would have gotten a bigger role if James Marsden didn't sign up for Superman Returns.
Thats possible about James Marsden role in X3,but to possibly kill him off was to much.

Old 05-25-2013, 10:36 PM   #105
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
^ Promotional material means jack-squatt when it comes to the actual content of a film's storyline. In terms of its actual plot, The Last Stand is Jean's story... plain and simple. It starts with Jean and it ends with Jean. Just because Wolverine happens to have a key role to play in that story doesn't make it his story or mean that he's pushed to the forefront, focus-wise, over her or anyone else.

By the argument you're making, The Phantom Menace was Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi's story, even though it was really Padme's story and Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Jar Jar, and even Anakin were merely key figures in it.
The moment that Scott was vaporized (5 minutes into the film) and Logan was making his way up that trash heap to reason with Jean, I was disgusted with Wolverine--and FOX's clear plans to force him down our throats.

Lightning Strykez! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:05 PM   #106
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

I'm obviously in the minority here, even though I don't think the majority opinion is actually backed up by what we're shown in TLS, but let's just agree to disagree and move on.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:04 AM   #107
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Agreed ^^

Old 05-26-2013, 06:27 AM   #108
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Oh here we go again.
So you cant post how you would recieve it?
chh, how boring

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:06 AM   #109
Melapi
Side-Kick

In comics,when Wolverine comes back to USA after his treavel to Japan, he's in a relationship with Mariko (Tao Okamoto). I think that, if she doesn't die in The Wolverine, it's possible she'll be seen in XMDOFP, isn't it?

Melapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:07 AM   #110
DarknessOfDeath
Saving the Galaxy...

Good...and if thats the case and if Jean does make a cameo at the end of DOFP, we've seen the last of Jean and Logan's apparent relationship because she'd still be with Scott.

Old 05-26-2013, 10:22 AM   #111
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

^ Umm, The Wolverine takes place AFTER Jean and Scott's deaths in The Last Stand, so even if Jean is somehow resurrected as a result of the events of TW, Scott will still be dead.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
Old 05-26-2013, 10:34 AM   #112
Melapi
Side-Kick

Why everybody asume Scott is death? I didn't saw him die or his corpse. Personally I think he's alive, trying to deal with some kind of trauma.

Old 05-26-2013, 10:37 AM   #113
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

^ Seriously? Even without a body, it was made pretty clear that Scott was dead. Ignoring that is just wishful thinking and being in denial.

Quote:
Old 05-26-2013, 12:26 PM   #114
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

X3 didn't show cyclops death because it was mean't to be a mystery how he was killed by her when there was no body left over

she later kills Prof X and we find out how she probably killed scott

can they contradict that if they wish and say maybe jean didn't kill scott but something else happened? yeah i suppose

i'd actually like to see a scene in DOFP at the end maybe where Xavier or something travels back tin time to X3 at the lake just as jean/phoenix rises infront of scott so they can stop her killing him and convince her to stop

Old 05-26-2013, 12:28 PM   #115
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
X3 didn't show cyclops death because it was mean't to be a mystery how he was killed by her when there was no body left over

she later kills Prof X and we find out how she probably killed scott

can they contradict that if they wish and say maybe jean didn't kill scott but something else happened? yeah i suppose

i'd actually like to see a scene in DOFP at the end maybe where Xavier or something travels back tin time to X3 at the lake just as jean/phoenix rises infront of scott so they can stop her killing him and convince her to stop
Or, even better, the Xavier of the past is told to recruit Jean, Scott and Storm to start the school and that he must never impose mental blocks on Jean Grey but instead teach her to be in control of her powers...

Old 05-26-2013, 12:45 PM   #116
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Or, even better, the Xavier of the past is told to recruit Jean, Scott and Storm to start the school and that he must never impose mental blocks on Jean Grey but instead teach her to be in control of her powers...
I've been thinking this is something that will happen in DOFP as well. Future Professor X, or whoever is the time traveller, go back and maybe towards the end convinces Past Prof. X to recruit Jean, Cykes, and maybe Storm earlier then when he did in the original timeline.

That way, it gives for time for him to work with Jean (and the others) to control her powers. It would also essentially wipe out the original movie timeline, or just make it an alternate one.

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:53 PM   #117
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
I've been thinking this is something that will happen in DOFP as well. Future Professor X, or whoever is the time traveller, go back and maybe towards the end convinces Past Prof. X to recruit Jean, Cykes, and maybe Storm earlier then when he did in the original timeline.

That way, it gives for time for him to work with Jean (and the others) to control her powers. It would also essentially wipe out the original movie timeline, or just make it an alternate one.
I really find it hard to believe singer would erase his first 2 movies, i mean in order to get another future film we have to almost be able to follow these characters, know who they are and not have alot of strangers who went a different path in life just be there

i think there will be some time travel trick singer will pull to change certain things but at the same time keep quite a few things the same

well unless the next film we get is going to be FC3 and that will set the template for future movies , id be surprised if that was the case though

Old 05-26-2013, 01:25 PM   #118
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

There really is no reason for all this elaborate 'timeline erasing' stuff to happen; all that DoFP needs to do to fix a large swath of what people perceive as inconsistencies amongst the films in the franchise is to re-jigger the timeline of the X-Trilogy so that its events are confirmed as taking place in the early part of the 21st Century (say, the year 2000) and in fairly close proximity to one another (as is somewhat implied by the films as they already exist).

Quote:
Old 05-26-2013, 01:53 PM   #119
DarknessOfDeath
Saving the Galaxy...

Quote:
^ Umm, The Wolverine takes place AFTER Jean and Scott's deaths in The Last Stand, so even if Jean is somehow resurrected as a result of the events of TW, Scott will still be dead.
Well what I also meant for Scott is when he too, would be resurrected at the end of DOFP along with Jean. Sorry. I should have added that part into my other post.

Singer did say he was going to fix s*** from the Last Stand and I know Jean and Scott is one of those mistakes that Fox and Ratner should never have done in the first place. I remember back in the day that Fox didn't want Jean and Scott in X3 even though Singer planned on making X3 and X4 back to back and this pissed off Singer that he left to do Superman Returns. Maybe its just a rumour or maybe its one of the reasons why Singer couldn't make the X Men movie that he wanted but that's what I heard way back then.

Old 05-26-2013, 02:23 PM   #120
Melapi
Side-Kick

Quote:
^ Seriously? Even without a body, it was made pretty clear that Scott was dead. Ignoring that is just wishful thinking and being in denial.
Well in the last scene Jean, not Phoenix, asked Logan to kill her. I assume Phoenix couldn't restrain Jean all the time, like in the lab, so it's easy that in the last moment Jean could told Scott to run, causing a fight for the mental blocks between Jean and Phoenix in which they could end in the unconscious state Logan and Storm found Jean/Phoenix.

It's a viable option, not being in denial.

Old 05-26-2013, 02:26 PM   #121
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

You guys, he's dead.

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:45 PM   #122
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melapi View Post
Well in the last scene Jean, not Phoenix, asked Logan to kill her. I assume Phoenix couldn't restrain Jean all the time, like in the lab, so it's easy that in the last moment Jean could told Scott to run, causing a fight for the mental blocks between Jean and Phoenix in which they could end in the unconscious state Logan and Storm found Jean/Phoenix.

It's a viable option, not being in denial.
He's dead. Face the facts. They gave him a tombstone at the end of the movie - that the writers, director and studio telling you that they intended for him to be dead.

The whole Phoenix plot hinges on him being dead - it makes her a dangerous person whose powers must be stopped.

Old 05-26-2013, 03:27 PM   #123
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

I still say he's in the Astral Plane, or hiding in a cave somewhere.

Old 05-26-2013, 03:45 PM   #124
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
how would you guys react if Singer ends tweeting this soon?

?
Quote:
Oh here we go again.
Quote:
So you cant post how you would recieve it?
chh, how boring
I think the reaction would be: stop posting things that haven't been tweeted, since people obviously don't like it.

Let's stick to what we actually know about this movie.

Old 05-26-2013, 03:46 PM   #125
Angamb
Banned User

so cant we discuss about speculation or possibilities?

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote