Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 04:01 PM   #876
Blade X
Side-Kick

Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0derix View Post
Look at this QUALITY:

Scenes like that (and there were more than one scene in that episode that were animated like a cheap motion comic) is why I thought that the episode was very underwhelming/not that good.

Old 05-25-2013, 04:41 PM   #877
nogap87
Side-Kick

The really sad part is that pilot episodes tend to look a bit better than the rest of the series. That may not be the case with Avengers Assemble but that gif is embarrassing for a 2013 action cartoon.

I can't believe Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Adventure Time, and Regular Show and My Little Pony reruns are the only cartoons I look forward to now.

Last edited by nogap87; 05-25-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:46 PM   #878
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogap87 View Post
The really sad part is that pilot episodes tend to look a bit better than the rest of the series. That may not be the case with Avengers Assemble but that gif is embarrassing for a 2013 action cartoon.

I can't believe Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Adventure Time, and Regular Show and My Little Pony reruns are the only cartoons I look forward to now.
Well the pilot episode of Avengers: EMH didn't look nearly as good as later episodes so that's not always true. On a seperate note "Regular Show" is one of my favorite cartoons in a long time.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 05-25-2013, 06:46 PM   #879
Blade X
Side-Kick

Quote:
I agree. I look at how much the animation and artistic styles/designs of Marvel cartoons have improved since the 90's with shows like X-MEN EVOLUTION,SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN,WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN ,and AVENGERS:EMH, and I just shake my head in disbelief at how bad and cheap this show looks at times. Marvel should have stuck with Film Roman doing the animation with them for this show. This show looks like a slightly better and slightly more expensive version of the crappy late 90's AVENGERS:UNITED THEY STAND cartoon. Ironically, the brief animated clips of HULK AND THE AGENTS OF SMASH looks a hell of a lot better than the AA cartoon.

Quote:
I'm not an AT fan, but I love RS and the new CGI TMNT cartoon.

Old 05-25-2013, 06:52 PM   #880
nogap87
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Well the pilot episode of Avengers: EMH didn't look nearly as good as later episodes so that's not always true. On a seperate note "Regular Show" is one of my favorite cartoons in a long time.
Yea. I remember the pilot for Avatar: The Last Airbender didn't have the best animation but it eventually became one of the best looking toons in recent memory.

"Regular Show" and "Adventure Time" are great. I wish Man of Action knew how to write friendships half as well as the ones displayed in those shows.

Old 05-25-2013, 06:59 PM   #881
nogap87
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade X View Post
I agree. I look at how much the animation and artistic styles/designs of Marvel cartoons have improved since the 90's with shows like X-MEN EVOLUTION,SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN,WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN ,and AVENGERS:EMH, and I just shake my head in disbelief at how bad and cheap this show looks at times. Marvel should have stuck with Film Roman doing the animation with them for this show. This show looks like a slightly better and slightly more expensive version of the crappy late 90's AVENGERS:UNITED THEY STAND cartoon. Ironically, the brief animated clips of HULK AND THE AGENTS OF SMASH looks a hell of a lot better than the AA cartoon.
That's a better comparison for this show than EMH.

One thing is for sure, Disney definetly has a hands off approach with their relationship with Marvel. Say what you will about the House of Mouse, they never put out a product that looks this crappy. Ever.

Old 05-25-2013, 08:43 PM   #882
Mikelus
Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
I actually think it was worse than USM.
The animation is inferior so far, but not the tone, USM is much more sillier and over the top. At least, Avengers Assemble is way better than the new Teen Titans crap fest.

Old 05-25-2013, 11:29 PM   #883
Blade X
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Well the pilot episode of Avengers: EMH didn't look nearly as good as later episodes so that's not always true.
But it looked a heck of a lot better than the first episode of AA. The first episode of A:EMH did not look like a cheaply animated 90's cartoon crossed with an even cheaper motion comic.

Old 05-26-2013, 12:04 AM   #884
DrDoom
Dictator

Quote:
Look at this QUALITY:

HA, totally reminds me of this:

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
Old 05-26-2013, 01:04 AM   #885
Drakepool
Side-Kick

Quote:
Look at this QUALITY:

Oh, dear God, that's just horrendous.

Old 05-26-2013, 02:08 AM   #886
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakepool View Post
Oh, dear God, that's just horrendous.
Not as horrendous as Tony's dialogue

Old 05-26-2013, 03:25 AM   #887
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
"Regular Show" and "Adventure Time" are great. I wish Man of Action knew how to write friendships half as well as the ones displayed in those shows.
I know the way the friendships are handled on the two shows really raised the bar of expectation. The first time I watched "Regular Show" I was hooked immediately, I knew it was somethin special.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 05-26-2013, 03:51 AM   #888
Mr. Dent

I feel sorry for the generation that is going to come up on the cartoons DC and Marvel are putting out right now. These guys are going to give animation a bad name.

At least it sounds like Lucasfilm knows what they're doing.

2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman vs. Superman | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE
Old 05-26-2013, 05:30 AM   #889
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

....still haven't seen it....I'm beginning to wonder if I should lol

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 05-26-2013, 09:28 AM   #890
natey2k4
Side-Kick

Good news;

I'm a huge Hawkeye fan and they actually did him justice. He was absolutely hilarious.

Bad news;

The animation. The mix of CGI backgrounds, random widescreen shots, and and animated characters is one of the absolute worst ideas I've ever seen on television. Just ugly.

Also, I can tell already that the Falcon character is going to be horribly annoying.

Meh news;

It's not horrible. The show was okay, I guess. The humour (aside from Hawkeye's parts) was kinda weak, the action was decent, and the plot was decent enough. It's definitely no EHM's, but it's not the end of the world either. It's not as stupid as that Spider-Man show (I've only seen the episode with Hawkeye and babies/dog was unbearable).

I'll watch, for now. But it's definitely weaker than EMHs.

Old 05-26-2013, 11:10 AM   #891
THUNDERSTRIKE
HYPNOTIC PSYCHOTIC

well, I watched both eps and it's STILL a major disappointment... instead of going forward with the animation, design and feel of it all, along with the characterization and dialogue within the show, it's an almost twenty year step back into a bad 90's animated...

I've said it before and I'll say it again ad nauseum, that Loeb, Quesadilla and Man of Action need to be replaced with a fresh crew that is more competent and can take the Marvel animated department into a better and exciting future, NOT a trip into the same old bad past...

DON'T KID YOURSELF... NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY, YOU'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO.

QUANDO PODECES TE REGI EORUM FECERUNT?

Old 05-26-2013, 11:13 AM   #892
Milu
Batterson J. Manford III

I've been out of the loop since EMH ended, so I didn't catch the premiere of AA, but it sounds like I didn't miss much.

And what's this about Sonic the Hedgehog voicing Captain America?

Old 05-26-2013, 11:22 AM   #893
Spider-Aziz
Greatest Hulk Show

I still need to watch episode 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milu View Post
I've been out of the loop since EMH ended, so I didn't catch the premiere of AA, but it sounds like I didn't miss much.

And what's this about Sonic the Hedgehog voicing Captain America?
The same as him voicing Batman in Arkham Origins
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

My favorite voice of Cap tbh, I thought he was perfect for the role since Chris Redfield in RE5 reminded me of Cap all the time, and it's RCS who voices Chris Redfield these days

Old 05-26-2013, 01:42 PM   #894
Blade X
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERSTRIKE View Post
well, I watched both eps and it's STILL a major disappointment... instead of going forward with the animation, design and feel of it all, along with the characterization and dialogue within the show, it's an almost twenty year step back into a bad 90's animated...
What's even worse is that the animation and designs in the 2nd episode were worse than the first episode.

Quote:
I've said it before and I'll say it again ad nauseum, that Loeb, Quesadilla and Man of Action need to be replaced with a fresh crew that is more competent and can take the Marvel animated department into a better and exciting future, NOT a trip into the same old bad past...
I have said numerous times as well that Loeb and Quesada need to be replaced. MOA are hit or miss, but they might be able to be put back on the right track if they had someone competent calling the shots at Marvel animation. Disney/Marvel needto hire Bruce Timm (who is no longer working for Warner animation to replace both Loeb and Quesada.

Old 05-26-2013, 02:01 PM   #895
bigdaddy313
Side-Kick

Bruce Timm is a great idea

Old 05-26-2013, 02:30 PM   #896
Spider-Aziz
Greatest Hulk Show

Could be hard
Is Loeb a fan of Timm's DCAU? It would help if he is

Old 05-26-2013, 03:00 PM   #897
THUNDERSTRIKE
HYPNOTIC PSYCHOTIC

I'm all for Paul Dini as the new man in charge...

and if Loeb WERE to be dethroned and shown the door by Dini, what would it matter if he WAS a fan of Timm's DCAU stuffs since he would no longer have any sayso or input under Dini's supervision?...

is it the fear that Loeb might possibly hire on with DC and do the same damage to THEIR animated department that he's done with Marvel's?

DON'T KID YOURSELF... NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY, YOU'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO.

QUANDO PODECES TE REGI EORUM FECERUNT?

Old 05-26-2013, 03:12 PM   #898
Spider-Aziz
Greatest Hulk Show

To have Dini in charge of Marvel's animation, Quesada needs to let him have his creative freedom

Old 05-26-2013, 04:19 PM   #899
Sneakronicity
Side-Kick

I'm clearly in the minority but I enjoyed it. I thought the character interactions were great, particularly between Hulk and Thor, Clint and Natasha, Hulk and Clint, and most of the characters themselves were pretty well done. As I've said I didn't think EMH was great in the beginning either, it took me I think 7 episodes to really love that. Did everyone here honestly love that show from the very beginning?

I didn't even mind the animation that much. It wasn't great but I didn't think it was as awful as everyone is saying. My biggest issues were that some of the dialogue was pretty bad (though other parts were really good) and Tony's line delivery is slow and stilted.

I guess I'll just be the sole voice of positivity here.

Old 05-26-2013, 04:54 PM   #900
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
Did everyone here honestly love that show from the very beginning?
Just speaking for myself, absolutely. Better pacing, better and more intelligent plot, no disconnection between characters and backgrounds, no cheap effects, no lazy animation tricks. Comparing Pilots alone, EMH was superior, without the shadow of a doubt.

Closed Thread