The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 05-26-2013, 03:13 AM   #26
KillerMcQueen
Mildly sociopathic

Default Re: TMOS Set & Official Photo Thread - Discussion Welcome - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
did WB release a new poster again??
nah, you can tell it's fake due to the lack of lens flare.

KillerMcQueen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:22 AM   #27
Kal-El.9859
Life Found A Way

Default Re: TMOS Set & Official Photo Thread - Discussion Welcome - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerMcQueen View Post
nah, you can tell it's fake due to the lack of lens flare.
oh damn, you're right....should have been my number 1 giveaway

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Kal-El.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:32 AM   #28
KillerMcQueen
Mildly sociopathic

nvm, found the official version.

KillerMcQueen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:38 AM   #29
Kal-El.9859
Life Found A Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerMcQueen View Post
nvm, found the official version.

now that's legit

Old 05-26-2013, 08:29 AM   #30
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ Honestly, an angry Superman with red eyes would be beast. Too ball WB doesn't have the nerve to release something so bold as a poster

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:28 PM   #31
Kal-El.9859
Life Found A Way

well then someone should make one...

Old 05-27-2013, 12:05 AM   #32
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
well then someone should make one...

Our very own Symatic has that covered.

Old 05-27-2013, 12:42 AM   #33
Kal-El.9859
Life Found A Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
I saw that earlier...almost lost it. That's BAD-ASS!!!

Old 05-28-2013, 01:11 AM   #34
Drewbee87
Side-Kick

Got the Hi-res versions of these with text & removed it in PS. There are textless versions out already, but they were just painted over. I used the Clone & Healing tools:

Drewbee87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:36 AM   #35
Kal-El.9859
Life Found A Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbee87 View Post
Got the Hi-res versions of these with text & removed it in PS. There are textless versions out already, but they were just painted over. I used the Clone & Healing tools:

good work...looks fantastic

Old 05-28-2013, 01:42 AM   #36
Bran-El
Side-Kick

Awesome job. I couldn't tell you removed the text. A+

Bran-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:55 AM   #37
DKDetective
Commander RNVR

Quote:
This is probably old new, but holy crap at his other work! Those recent banners are unbelievable. Warner Bros really needs to learn a thing or two from Sysmatic. That is how you do posters and banners. They perfectly incorporate the visual style that WB seems to want to go for with the lens flares and blurring but they actually look slick and professionally made, rather than like a photoshop assignment for a high school computer class. The even more ridiculous part is that he seems to only be using trailer/tv spot screencaps. So much for the excuse that Warner Bros' print marketing looks like crap because they don't have quality source images. Honestly, Warner's poster are embarrassing. They literally look INCOMPETENT in comparison.

DKDetective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:09 AM   #38
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDetective View Post
This is probably old new, but holy crap at his other work! Those recent banners are unbelievable. Warner Bros really needs to learn a thing or two from Sysmatic. That is how you do posters and banners. They perfectly incorporate the visual style that WB seems to want to go for with the lens flares and blurring but they actually look slick and professionally made, rather than like a photoshop assignment for a high school computer class. The even more ridiculous part is that he seems to only be using trailer/tv spot screencaps. So much for the excuse that Warner Bros' print marketing looks like crap because they don't have quality source images. Honestly, Warner's poster are embarrassing. They literally look INCOMPETENT in comparison.
Passion speaks louder than money

Old 05-28-2013, 03:30 AM   #39
DKDetective
Commander RNVR

Quote:
Passion speaks louder than money
I don't know about that. When it comes to the creativity of the idea, I agree. But the whole point of getting paid to do something is that it gives you better tools and the time to do something properly and professionally. Whoever makes the posters for Warner Bros. is trying to make a living out of it, which means producing competent, professional work that is well-received in order for them to be hired again or to attract the the business of others. That is how capitalism is supposed to work. However, every poster for Man of Steel except the Comic-Con one has looked amateur-ish (in terms of the skill and attention to detail used). I dunno, maybe I have an unrealistic expectation of professionalism and pride in one's work because I am in a field where making a mistake or half-assing things can cost you your licence and results in thousands of dollars of liability.

DKDetective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:59 AM   #40
Drewbee87
Side-Kick

Quote:
good work...looks fantastic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bran-El View Post
Awesome job. I couldn't tell you removed the text. A+
Glad you guys like them, only took about 5 minutes on each. When I first started doing this it would take hours! lol

Old 05-28-2013, 05:08 AM   #41
Kal-El.9859
Life Found A Way

Quote:
Glad you guys like them, only took about 5 minutes on each. When I first started doing this it would take hours! lol
impressive for 5 minutes work

Old 05-28-2013, 05:30 AM   #42
Drewbee87
Side-Kick

Quote:
impressive for 5 minutes work
I'm shocked they came out the way they did. I'm glad I could get versions without the billing(director/producer/full cast info for those who don't know what I mean lol) on them. I wouldn't have been able to remove the text if they did. If any of you want the versions with text, here they are:

Old 05-28-2013, 06:03 AM   #43
Kal-El.9859
Life Found A Way

Quote:

I'm shocked they came out the way they did. I'm glad I could get versions without the billing(director/producer/full cast info for those who don't know what I mean lol) on them. I wouldn't have been able to remove the text if they did. If any of you want the versions with text, here they are:

well you did a good job!

Old 05-28-2013, 07:06 AM   #44
Scarface5
Side-Kick

Quote:

Awesome, thanks for both sets of these! Any chance you have the ones with the full credits?

Tony: "The world chico....and everything in it!"

Al Pacino-Scarface
Scarface5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:33 AM   #45
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

Quote:

These are great. Thank you.
May I ask where you got these HQ ones? I've been looking haha

Nicko-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:46 AM   #46
Drewbee87
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface5 View Post
Awesome, thanks for both sets of these! Any chance you have the ones with the full credits?
No problem! I don't right now, but I can try getting them later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko-Ray View Post
These are great. Thank you.
May I ask where you got these HQ ones? I've been looking haha
You're welcome! I got them from http://www.movieposterdb.com/ , you either have to buy credits or upload an official poster for something they don't already have to download something. Which can be very difficult sometimes.

Old 05-28-2013, 12:00 PM   #47
Sysmatic
Visuasys

Quote:
Quote:
I saw that earlier...almost lost it. That's BAD-ASS!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDetective View Post
Thank you guys! I was talking to Kal-El.9859 & Metropolis_Man about the banners on Facebook that I did where I only used screenshot from the trailers (few banners had official images though) and I think I did as decent as the official banners/posters that were released with the little material I have to my use.

I just wanted to show how lazy the creative marketing team behind MOS is when it comes to the banners and stuff. Not that alot of people will notice or care but hey, you did. So you made my day Thanks for that.

My apologies for the English btw :P

Quote:
No problem! I don't right now, but I can try getting them later.

You're welcome! I got them from http://www.movieposterdb.com/ , you either have to buy credits or upload an official poster for something they don't already have to download something. Which can be very difficult sometimes.
Kind of a bs site. Hope you didn't actually buy credits. Buying credits from them while they have fan posters in their "database" is kind of a rip-off.

Old 05-28-2013, 12:09 PM   #48
Drewbee87
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sysmatic View Post
Kind of a bs site. Hope you didn't actually buy credits. Buying credits from them while they have fan posters in their "database" is kind of a rip-off.
Never have, never will!

Old 05-28-2013, 09:36 PM   #49
Kal-El.9859
Life Found A Way

Old 05-29-2013, 09:00 AM   #50
JOE
____#BringHomeSpidey____

With the action sequences in all these new TV spots it's going to be hard to wait till June 14th for this movie to come out...

"You see... Madness, as you know, is like gravity. All you need is a little push!"

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
JOE is offline   Reply With Quote