Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > The Wolverine

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 10:37 AM   #951
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Default Re: THE WOLVERINE Trailer Thread - Second Teaser Online May 21st

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
These theories based on overanalyzing a single frame of a movie trailer NEVER turn out to be what the theorists claim them to be, and this will be no different.

As far as the fights go - Logan's fight in the forest is literally the SAME fight as the mansion fight in X2. The only difference is the locale. It has the same slicing, dicing ,slashing, impaling, and flying off of high spaces, as the mansion scene, one is just indoors the other is outdoors. The only reason why the fights are viewed differently is because of the rabid fanboy hatred of X-Men: The Last Stand. If that same exact scene was in X-Men: First Class people would be praising it.

The Three Mile Island fight with Victor has impaling, crashing through windows, and a pure visceral animalistic nature to it. It's one of the few moments in X-Men Origins: Wolverine that is exactly what people claim they want to see from a Wolverine movie, but of course because of the movie it's in, it automatically gets discarded and proclaimed "bad".

Want proof? Just look at all the fanboy claims that there are zero redeeming qualities about X-Men 3 or X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Whether you like those movies or not (and I do, but I still see there are many issues with them), it is simply put not an objective or truthful point of view to say there are no redeeming qualities. And yet, countless hordes of rabid fanboys say exactly that about those 2 films.
The forest fight scene was bad because it was just a pale imitation of the X2 mansion scene except without the tension.

Old 05-22-2013, 12:28 PM   #952
Cagefighterkip
Mr. Golightly

Quote:
The Three Mile Island fight with Victor has impaling, crashing through windows, and a pure visceral animalistic nature to it. It's one of the few moments in X-Men Origins: Wolverine that is exactly what people claim they want to see from a Wolverine movie, but of course because of the movie it's in, it automatically gets discarded and proclaimed "bad".
EXACTLY. I even like the first Wolverine movie and I can recognize how over the top some fanboys can get with their hatred.

Children are not born conservative bigots. They're molded to become them by their elders. Let's leave the world a better place, people.

Love and let love. Live and let live. #NOH8
Old 05-22-2013, 01:22 PM   #953
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
The forest fight scene was bad because it was just a pale imitation of the X2 mansion scene except without the tension.
However, it did feature Wolverine's magically healing shirt....

Old 05-22-2013, 02:06 PM   #954
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
I remember that, lol.

Proud Co-founder of Gambitís Royal Flush
Old 05-22-2013, 02:12 PM   #955
Jacky
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
Plus I thought that the Jean/Logan scenes at the start were rather on the cheesy side; I don't think I quite buy the idea of Jean being Logan's One True Love.
I second that. At least in the movieverse.

Old 05-22-2013, 02:34 PM   #956
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't think I quite buy the idea of Jean being Logan's One True Love.
I'm not overly fond of this either, but she is probably his first love at this point. Hopefully the film will develop his character and emotional connections, and he can move on from the Jean crush.

Old 05-22-2013, 06:38 PM   #957
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:

As far as the fights go - Logan's fight in the forest is literally the SAME fight as the mansion fight in X2. The only difference is the locale. It has the same slicing, dicing ,slashing, impaling, and flying off of high spaces, as the mansion scene, one is just indoors the other is outdoors.
Did you ever wonder if that was the reason people hated the forest scene?

Quote:
The only reason why the fights are viewed differently is because of the rabid fanboy hatred of X-Men: The Last Stand. If that same exact scene was in X-Men: First Class people would be praising it.
Nonsense. It was terribly edited, rushed, and pointless. Wolverine is just sitting in the forest for some reason wearing a wifebeater (which this movie makes it seem like it's Wolverine's outdoor apparel just because he wore one in X2 when he was sleeping) and like you said the rest of the scene is pretty much ripped right off X2 and it only lasts for like 1 minute. Totally pointless.

Quote:

That's because it was "bad". Wolverine's action scenes were embarrassing schlock.

Old 05-22-2013, 07:04 PM   #958
TWayneP
Side-Kick

Quote:
These theories based on overanalyzing a single frame of a movie trailer NEVER turn out to be what the theorists claim them to be, and this will be no different.

As far as the fights go - Logan's fight in the forest is literally the SAME fight as the mansion fight in X2. The only difference is the locale. It has the same slicing, dicing ,slashing, impaling, and flying off of high spaces, as the mansion scene, one is just indoors the other is outdoors. The only reason why the fights are viewed differently is because of the rabid fanboy hatred of X-Men: The Last Stand. If that same exact scene was in X-Men: First Class people would be praising it.

Want proof? Just look at all the fanboy claims that there are zero redeeming qualities about X-Men 3 or X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Whether you like those movies or not (and I do, but I still see there are many issues with them), it is simply put not an objective or truthful point of view to say there are no redeeming qualities. And yet, countless hordes of rabid fanboys say exactly that about those 2 films.
It's not a theory or over anilization. Watch the 1080p trailer if you have a good monitor you will see it very clearly. Like I said the angles don't work out, It's NOT possible for all 3 of wolverines claws to be facing directly at the camera like that without seeing even slight depth on the 1st and 3rd claw. Because, again, they are not perfectly parallel. We will just wait for the movie to see the explanation.

I have a like/hate relationship with X3 and I like Origins very much, more than most, there are truly things i like about x3, but the fights lacked any real tension and quality. What was the real reason Logan was fighting in the forest? who really cared. He was crying about Jean. Pretty much whole story in x3 makes the action much less important, thus feeling boring. The hate is perfectly warranted because of whats on film. Your sitting there thinking there are no real stakes, and its action just for the sake of action through most of the movie. It's the same hack and slash yes, but in x2 it was meaningful and with way more style and thought process put into it, and makes you feel for what's happening on screen. The story needs to carry the action and make it meaningful. It's very important. I get a rush in the mansion scene that I dont get from the forest scene. Theres build up and extreme tension. It matters.

I like most of the fight scenes in origins better than anything from X3 though. At least origins is fun to watch for me. I feel there's slightly better choreography even though everything is cut off way too soon. Especially the weapon x breakout scene, and Logan/victors last face off.

Something I feel mangold has brought back, if even slightly, is the tension and porpose for action. From what I've seen in the wolverine trailers it's actually done with some thought and care. at least the sword fight, im not sold on the ninjas in the snow just yet, feels more like an origins fight scene, but it has potential. I see blood too, which is a major step in the right direction in giving it meaning and gravitas.

Old 05-22-2013, 07:13 PM   #959
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
In terms of myself, the idea that the hate is simply because of the film it exists in is pure nonsense. I hated it because the choreography was stifled by oddly vacillating between misguided slow motion and real time with almost every chronological cut, stripping it off any tension whatsoever. The super sanitary nature of the fight also contributed to its ineptitude.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 05-22-2013, 07:20 PM   #960
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

There are redeeming things in both last Stand and Origins.While neither one Is In the
same league as X-Men,X2,and first Class.

Last Stand I has always called a film with mixed views.There are things you can enjoy
and things you hate and want the heads of Brett Ratner and Tom rothman.I am much tougher on last stand as sequel to X-Men and X2.It defently doesn't live up to eather one.

Unpopular oporion but I can actully enjoy watching Origins.Yes they butched deadpool,
and made no effort to match X2 flashbacks of weapon X or have Akalai lake match one seen In X2 but your going to see Origins because your fan of Hugh Jackman as Wolverine.Plus they had sequenze straight out of Origin.Sabretooth with personality from comcis.With Blob in full blob It looks good for that character.Decent version of teenage cyclops and even had Gambit,unfortunily It was based on ultimate version of Gambit but I always prefer looking at 616 over ultimate version,and you had Patrick Stewart as Xavier.

And If you were one prasing Iron Man 3 I am sorry you have no business critizing anything Fox does with X-Men.

Look I would have been fine If with DOFP Bryan singer would have decided to just outright Ignore both Last Stand and Origins.But,If given choice I would rather watch Origins than Last Stand.

The Wolverine Is likely going to blow both origins and Last Stand away.Rothman's gone and
James Mangold Is not Ratner.

Old 05-22-2013, 09:03 PM   #961
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
The new trailer is kinda more of the same; hasn't changed the way I feel about the movie either way. Potentially interesting, but looking a tad too generic. Plus I thought that the Jean/Logan scenes at the start were rather on the cheesy side; I don't think I quite buy the idea of Jean being Logan's One True Love.
I wish they didn't show that whole scene with Jean Grey. It wasn't a very good scene at all and Logan was like back to his dramatic-X3-Logan persona.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 05-23-2013, 05:17 AM   #962
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

i can see why they downplayed any romantic story between him and mariko after origins, the latter of which was poorly received and had a large focus on wolvie's canadian girlfriend.

general audience: "oh he's fallen in love again? meh."

that said, i wish the trailers would ramp up the focus on the yakuza/japanese culture side of things. i'm most interested in this film as a fish out of water story (due to being in a foreign land)

the losing his powers aspect better simply be a means of making wolverine vulnerable and NOT the main drive of the narrative itself....

overall, sup bar marketing for this movie. the only thing i can commend are the artworks.

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 05-25-2013, 06:14 AM   #963
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuzz View Post
It's forsaking quality? Is that a good thing?
It was meant to say freaking stupid iPad lol

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 05-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #964
Spuzz
The Spuzziest of Spuzzes

XD I love how weird auto correct is.

And by love I mean hate of course.

Old 05-25-2013, 07:34 PM   #965
lastairbender
Side-Kick

wow...the last man of steel trailer is phenomenal. They shoud make a wolvie trailer like that. The editing and sound mix is fantastic.

Old 05-25-2013, 10:24 PM   #966
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Hopefully there's another trailer for The Wolverine. The latest one is not exciting at all.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 05-25-2013, 10:56 PM   #967
DarknessOfDeath
You light up my world

I thought it was for the most part...mainly the Jean and Logan scene in the beginning but other than that, the trailer was okay...nothing excitingly new was shown.

Old 05-25-2013, 11:39 PM   #968
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
Oh yes! The one with evaporating blood! I remember that!

Once you've fallen, just lay there. As you lay, simply think of how stupid you are and how your stupidity got you there.

Old 05-26-2013, 06:59 PM   #969
TWayneP
Side-Kick

Im back with some screencaps as promised, this is the Image unedited, You can clearly see the roughness of the nubs already...

here is an image I boosted the contrast and saturation on to show more clearly the subtle orange glow on the claw nubs.

Again, if you understand perspective in the slightest, you will know there is NO WAY that its just the claws facing the camera. You would see depth on the 1st and 3rd claws, and as you can compare directly for people who don't understand perspective, they would be much much smoother and curved, like in the other hand.

Im sorry folks, your eyes are tricking you. Its not theory or overanalyzing based on wrong information, its right there clearly in the trailer. Trust me They get lobbed off. Wether its a dream sequence, a drug trip, or real time, we will soon find out how and why!

Last edited by TWayneP; 05-26-2013 at 07:02 PM.
Old 05-27-2013, 02:55 AM   #970
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWayneP View Post
Im back with some screencaps as promised, this is the Image unedited, You can clearly see the roughness of the nubs already...

here is an image I boosted the contrast and saturation on to show more clearly the subtle orange glow on the claw nubs.

Again, if you understand perspective in the slightest, you will know there is NO WAY that its just the claws facing the camera. You would see depth on the 1st and 3rd claws, and as you can compare directly for people who don't understand perspective, they would be much much smoother and curved, like in the other hand.

Im sorry folks, your eyes are tricking you. Its not theory or overanalyzing based on wrong information, its right there clearly in the trailer. Trust me They get lobbed off. Wether its a dream sequence, a drug trip, or real time, we will soon find out how and why!
i feel bad for you having to go to all this trouble to prove that the claw on the left of screen has been cut off.

it's clear as day to me haha.

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 05-27-2013, 11:58 AM   #971
lastairbender
Side-Kick

Well, i'm hoping for an ultimate trailer next month, perhaps with Man of steel.. like this movie the trailers were better from 1 to 3rd. I' m not a superman huge fan, but i think the movie will blow away people with its epicness! And then theres Pacific Rim, an "end of the world" movie.Of course, Wolverine looks very small among these productions but the movie is very different, but i wish that with the 3rd trailer, they can awake people awareness, Hey Wolvie is here!! I'm counting on you FOX!

Old 05-27-2013, 12:17 PM   #972
J_Howlett
Side-Kick

People need to stop hoping for an epic trailer like MoS, this isn't that.

Old 05-27-2013, 12:20 PM   #973
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Howlett View Post
People need to stop hoping for an epic trailer like MoS, this isn't that.
Agreed.

Once you've fallen, just lay there. As you lay, simply think of how stupid you are and how your stupidity got you there.

Old 05-27-2013, 12:56 PM   #974
lastairbender
Side-Kick

?? What?

I didnt say i want epic trailer like man of steel!! Where did you read that? I said i hope the 3rd trailer is better than the others,(like 3rd man of steel trailer) enough to make people care about going to see the movie. And i wrote that Wolverine is of course very different from Man of Steel or Pacific Rim so....?

Old 05-27-2013, 01:00 PM   #975
J_Howlett
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastairbender View Post
?? What?

I didnt say i want epic trailer like man of steel!! Where did you read that? I said i hope the 3rd trailer is better than the others,(like 3rd man of steel trailer) enough to make people care about going to see the movie. And i wrote that Wolverine is of course very different from Man of Steel or Pacific Rim so....?
Not just you saying that want a trailer like MoS

Closed Thread